Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 114124 times)

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #320 on: May 5, 2012, 07:29:49 pm »
3 urgent needs for next season

1 new striker
1 wide midfielder
1 midfielder to cover for lucas

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #321 on: May 5, 2012, 07:29:55 pm »
I saw this still on TV and it's misleading, it's paused after it already hits Cech's glove... it was actually about an inch and a half further into the goal.

That picture wasnt even level with the post it was in.
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
« Reply #322 on: May 5, 2012, 07:29:58 pm »
shit season finally over. Lucas can't come back soon enough. Fed up of seeing our midfield without him.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline kdorg

• Anny Roader
« Reply #323 on: May 5, 2012, 07:30:00 pm »
Gutted. That was a really soft goal we let in 1st half. I love Pepe but it wasn't his finest hour.

We really went close. Chelsea's luck held, they beat Barcelona with 10 men, they're just on a run at present where the ball literally bounces there fucking way.sigh. I hate the plastic c*nts.

I thought Agger was immense, as was Carroll. Gerrard tried his guts out but he just couldn't find the form he needed.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: May 5, 2012, 07:30:12 pm »

When you see the angle from behind the goal, it does look in. But in fairness, we didn't really play well enough, until from about 60 minutes into the game. The plastics did just enough on the day, having said that I still think Bayern have a great chance on Wednesday night.
I hope your right Jill.  This ***** side have worked out a method to hold back and attack with quality on the counter. It is like having a Stoke side with quality. T'is negative but effective.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: May 5, 2012, 07:30:30 pm »
Proud of our redmen and feel privileged for being able to support this fantastic club.

You'll never walk alone. Behave, RAWK.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #326 on: May 5, 2012, 07:30:36 pm »
Will not post regularly for a month now, as my exams start on Monday but...

Can only say, gutted right now, didn't deserve it till the HT performance or maybe even till Andy was brought on. Changed the game. Was it over the line ? I don't know - it doesn't even matter now. Carroll was on another level today.

Can only say, I'm proud of Kenny, Liverpool and always will be.

Thanks Redmen.  YNWA.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #327 on: May 5, 2012, 07:30:46 pm »
Biggest issue in the first half was a lack of pressure on the ball. Chelsea were then left to play at there own shitty pace, never under any threat.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #328 on: May 5, 2012, 07:30:50 pm »
Carroll is seriously growing on me.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #329 on: May 5, 2012, 07:30:58 pm »
3 urgent needs for next season

1 new striker
1 wide midfielder
1 midfielder to cover for lucas

new tactics
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #330 on: May 5, 2012, 07:31:00 pm »
If only we played the whole match like the last 30 minutes.

Offline stevo747

• Anny Roader
« Reply #331 on: May 5, 2012, 07:31:08 pm »
     First half was atrocious , Suarez isolated , Gerrard to deep to cover for the other two midfield players who in all truth where woeful .
    Introduction of Carroll changed everything ,. the whole team improved and Carroll was an excellent target and took both his chances well .
    We really need to decide how where going to play and improve the personel to play that way.  Poor Jay proved what he is today, a championship player at best .

Offline .Mike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #332 on: May 5, 2012, 07:31:08 pm »
it wasnt over the line!.. if we played for 90mins.. then maybe we would have had a result!

It was in.

Offline BobbyDavro

• can't skate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: May 5, 2012, 07:31:19 pm »
Carroll was superb...THAT'S a player I can get behind, a nasty snarling beast who gives a fuck.

Can't complain about the starting line-up, but we were shit for an hour and I'd have fancied us in extra time.
Fine lines...it's all fine lines....

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: May 5, 2012, 07:31:21 pm »
Thought we were suppose to be a cup team? What happens now

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: May 5, 2012, 07:31:29 pm »
Reina... :(
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline inexorably red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #336 on: May 5, 2012, 07:31:44 pm »
our luck had to run out in a final at some point but i just cant get over how fucking poor we were in the first half, has Enrique ever had such a poor game, if we get that version of Carroll every week i cant wait !!!!! still he should have scored with that header
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: May 5, 2012, 07:31:44 pm »

that picture only shows once its come off cechs hand, so the ball travelled some more

Is right.  He pushed it back on to the cross bar and obviously the ball would have travelled a little further than that picture shows.  It was in. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: May 5, 2012, 07:31:54 pm »
Happy Birthday! Drown your sorrows ;D
I don't drink, so im left with this feeling for the next few days :-C

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: May 5, 2012, 07:31:57 pm »
ITV just shown the graphic.

It was in.

Offline Valehelle

• Boys Pen
« Reply #340 on: May 5, 2012, 07:32:03 pm »
What annoyed me the most is when chelsea scored the goal and then we passed the ball around the field like we're the one who is in front.

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
Re: Full time - Chelsea 2 - 1 Liverpool
« Reply #341 on: May 5, 2012, 07:32:07 pm »
as soon as carroll came on he started putting crosses in.

you could see it towards the end too...gerrard kept switching play to the left.

he was shit first half but the second half he was good.

if you really want to point fingers where were bellamy and spearing all game?

Bollocks! The only good cross that Carroll had was from Suarez - which he nearly scored from,  The game passed him by, hopeful he is not here next season.

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: May 5, 2012, 07:32:08 pm »
Mentally, emotionally, and physically drained.

I'm dead inside.

Going out to get shitfaced.

Offline Lucho_LFC8

• Main Stander
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #343 on: May 5, 2012, 07:32:23 pm »
Right up until Carroll came on we were poor and didnt deserve it, we gave up too much space behind the midfield for chelsea, and bit of luck/decent finish won it for them.

Our first half was extremly poor, Enrique is lucky he has had a good first half of the season or he'd be crucified by now, him and downing were terrible, didnt do anything right, run forward pass the ball back 10 yards or lose the ball, downing cant take anyone on, doesnt have enough acceleration in the first 5 yards, and when Enrique gets in the opposition 3rd he just seems to lose all awareness of where/what he is doing!!!

Didnt think Spearing did much wrong when he was on and was brought off just to change the game up a bit and it worked, Bellamy has a quite game too, Henderson didnt do much right or didntdo much wrong just a really average player. .

But definatly think Downing has to go in the summer, complete was ofspace and does nothin for the team!!

Carroll man of the match for me.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #344 on: May 5, 2012, 07:32:38 pm »

It was in.

doesn't look like it sorry. maybe from another angle but from this one doesn't look liek the whole ball was over

but thats not why we lose, we lose because we start playing after an hour and when finally after third try the tactics start working
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline misawa98

• Main Stander
« Reply #345 on: May 5, 2012, 07:32:40 pm »
Dalglish is too negative. This isn't the first game this season where we have started with a negative system to contain.

Offline usernamefc

• Kinky Winky Apiary Japery
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: May 5, 2012, 07:32:46 pm »
We all knew what the team selection was going to be... as did Chelsea. Just Suarez didn't work, it was planned to stop it, and they did. Doesn't help we weren't great anyway.

Today showed how much our midfield has suffered without Lucas, and maybe even without Charlie.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: May 5, 2012, 07:32:47 pm »
The mentality of Carroll, Gerrard, Agger and Suarez was class and we were a little unlucky today, certainly deserved more.

But the quality of a lot players is just not good enough, just like the entire season and especially the mentality of Downing and Enrique is even worse than their football abilities.

I was gutted at the end, especially for Carroll and Suarez but in the end the quality wasn´t enough (again), we have to buy big this summer, anything else is just philosphy.

Hopefully it will be painful but healing summer, the number of aging players in our squad will force us to rebuild even more. Let´s just hope our owners will go for the right decisions cause there are plenty to take.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline kLFCreds

• JonJo lookalike
  • Anny Roader
  • Huntelaar in January, please.
« Reply #348 on: May 5, 2012, 07:32:51 pm »
Andy Carroll did the shirt proud today.

That's all I really have to say.

YNWA
We're going to win the league.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: May 5, 2012, 07:32:56 pm »
Start with the positives:

- Andy Carroll. He was immense in his cameo, took his first goal brilliantly and was very unlucky to have not gotten the equaliser. Chased the ball down, held it up fantastically and made some good runs.
-Glen Johnson. Thought he was the only one of our defenders who really stood out today. Not saying Skrtel or Agger were bad, they just seemed quite average compared to their normal levels. Made some very good runs, handled the defence of that right side well and whipped in some good balls.

The rest of the team weren't great and Jay and Jose had an absolute shocker. Downing and Bellamy were absent for the majority of the game too and Reina seemed very wobbly too.

I get the feeling that without the cup double there could be some wholesale changes this summer, I just hope we don't make the same mistakes we made last time.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: May 5, 2012, 07:32:58 pm »
Carroll is seriously growing on me.

You might want to get that checked with a doctor Siann.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: May 5, 2012, 07:32:59 pm »
Keep in mind this is after Cech made the save so the ball has moved to the left a few centimeters.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: May 5, 2012, 07:32:59 pm »
After seeing all the replays i'm leaning towards goal but we'll never know for sure
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline TheGhost

• Legacy Fan
  • Yup!
« Reply #353 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:05 pm »
Carroll is seriously growIing on me.

I'm starting to think there's a real good player ready to burst out.
when someone asks if you're a God, you say Yes!

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:09 pm »

It was in.
Means fuck all J Mc. We were poor, CFC were shyte but we didn't deserve anything.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline brad147690

• get shirty
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:14 pm »
Capello said he wants to manage an English club so what about him? Always had a good record. Won't settle for players not giving it their all like Henderson and Downing.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:16 pm »

It was in.

That certainly looks in to me. At least it's a 50/50 decision and I think the linesman would have gotten the exact same reaction (albeit with the positions reversed) had he called it in.

Doesn't really matter though...we gave up two shit goals (at least Drogba's was a nice shot) and played like we didn't care for an hour. That lost us the match.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #357 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:22 pm »
I feel gutted for Andy, he was immense when introduced into the fray.

As for Downing, he was putting the crosses in, but he had no one in the box.  Luis isn't a target man, but Andy is.  If he wasn't going to start Andy, Kenny would have been better off leaving both Downing and Carroll on the bench to bring on later.  Luis was isolated for so much of the game.  He'd have been served better had Maxi and Kuyt started.

As for Spearing, he was a disaster waiting to happen.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Full time - Chelsea 2 - 1 Liverpool
« Reply #358 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:24 pm »
Bollocks! The only good cross that Carroll had was from Suarez - which he nearly scored from,  The game passed him by, hopeful he is not here next season.

lol...you cant change the facts just to suit your point.

when the match stats come out well see
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: May 5, 2012, 07:33:29 pm »

It was in.

Oh bollocks
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013