Author Topic: Rip Off Anfield?  (Read 11710 times)

Offline LFC.info

• The drinks are on Brian!
  • Boys Pen
  • A-N-F-I-E-L-D
    • Fanns living in Anfield Neighbourhhod
Anfield Tickets Rip-Off and Thomas Cook
« Reply #40 on: April 7, 2011, 04:45:43 pm »
I agree, ticket prices are through the roof. We are addressing this in our campaign

www.anfieldscandal.com

Please be sure to look at the website and let us know what you think.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 09:52:04 am by LFC.info »
LFC.info

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Rip Off Anfield?
« Reply #41 on: April 8, 2011, 11:15:04 pm »
I went to watch Wrexham play Southport in September and the ticket cost about 25 quid!  Was a bit shocked looking at their ticket prices in the club shop.  I was expecting to pay no more than a tenner.

That is a rip off 'cos Southport charge about £12, so Wrexham getting the arm in there.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2011, 12:54:13 pm »
Hate speaking to me Dad and hearing how much he used to get in the ground for. Looking at the prices on the old ticket stubs just makes me jealous.

Fuck Modern Football.

Least we're not a London club eh?

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2011, 01:30:46 pm »
Hate speaking to me Dad and hearing how much he used to get in the ground for. Looking at the prices on the old ticket stubs just makes me jealous.

Fuck Modern Football.

Least we're not a London club eh?

Yeahh i agree, would love to be able to afford to go home and away every week, just got to save and watch the money to afford it.

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2011, 10:36:55 am »
Yeahh i agree, would love to be able to afford to go home and away every week, just got to save and watch the money to afford it.

What hurts most of all is that the fathers and sons are being hurt the most.  they men who are trying to take their kids along to keep generations of family tradition alive are being killed off with these ticket prices.  Very sad. :(
I think I love football more than woman...

Offline The Jolly Boys Outing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2011, 02:53:25 pm »
What hurts most of all is that the fathers and sons are being hurt the most.  they men who are trying to take their kids along to keep generations of family tradition alive are being killed off with these ticket prices.  Very sad. :(

ain't that the truth ! When I was going in the dad/lad section with my dad over 10 years ago it was rows and rows of the same kind of people, learning the traditions of the club game by game, instead most local kids are learning different languages from all the satellite streaming so it's not all that bad ;D
AND ARBELOAAAAA

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2011, 08:35:55 pm »
prices are through the roof but if ive got the money ill spend it on going to watch the reds, there's nothing id rather do on a weekend then go to Anfield, but I cant understand how ticket prices are so high in England, they've already come down in the rest of Europe, Im sure there will become a time where they go so high that the Regular match goer wont be able to afford it, then surely they'll have to do something?

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #47 on: May 4, 2011, 09:50:45 pm »
The prices the OP quotes are for the family stand in the Upper Anny Road I assume?  I tried sitting there for the first time for the Villa match in December.  Pretty poor view IMO and above the raucous away fans, so no atmosphere.  The Kop in inaudible .  So I now get 2 tickets for my daughter and I in the ordinary seats.  This means that for 1 adult and 1 child, Cat A game is £90, slightly less for Cat B and C games.  I adult with 2 children it would be £135. 

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I want to watch the best players, and it's fundamentally about supply and demand.  If prices were lower, more people would be after the tickets, so they would be harder to get hold of I guess.

For now, if I want to see the match, and can get seats I have to pay the price.  One good thing about the Europa League was it gave those who find the cost of the Premier League matches beyond their finances a chance to see the team without breaking the bank.  Although with regard to the Utrecht home game we should have all received a refund as the football was so poor  ;D
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline jaymc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2011, 01:07:32 am »
Why cant a kid just go up and buy a kids ticket? we are clearly exploiting the kids by not having kid only tickets and also by only selling a limited amount of dad n lad tickets, thus forcing people into paying adult prices. there should just be a seperate kids and adults ticket available anywhere in the ground. Its a fucking joke.

I wish i was a german

Offline Aidy D

• Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2011, 01:44:03 pm »
Pricing me out already got 2nd child on the way
Match ticket petrol plus before pint and program looking at 70/80 pound every week

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2011, 06:21:22 pm »
 just listening to 606 QPR are charging £72 quid for away fans   :o

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2011, 10:43:21 pm »
just listening to 606 QPR are charging £72 quid for away fans   :o

Well that's one way to keep the transfer money flowing.

Offline caspertheghost

• Legacy Fan
  • When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2011, 12:42:28 am »

it's not too bad, the kids tickets are £15 now, a hell of a lot more manageable. £72 for the 3 of us is doable, not every week mind but with work I can only get down 4-5 times a season. £72 on tickets, £9 on programmes, £10 or so on the stalls, £20 on food and £0 for car parking and fuel. Couldn't do it every week but I get down as often as possible.
What kind of work gets you the nickname Casper the ghost?

Offline 4-2-3-1

• dyscalculic
  • Kopite
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2011, 10:24:27 am »
Double Decker's are £1.30 too.