Author Topic: Green & Gold..  (Read 91620 times)

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
Re: Green & Gold..
« Reply #120 on: March 3, 2010, 03:04:30 pm »
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #121 on: March 3, 2010, 03:09:54 pm »
what?

The amount of articles published before the Carling Cup Final about United fans' protests with their scarves (and the attitude the writers portray of the great fans going against the man). While the coverage of our protests are smaller and hold the "whinging scouser" kind of feel. Paranoid? Maybe...
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #122 on: March 3, 2010, 04:39:34 pm »
Was the scarf idea not mentioned on here before their campaign started? I'm sure I remember reading it before....if this is the case, we probably argued about it for a bit so it was never actually done.

And YNWA with red and white is so distinctive, if it was done with an all black one it would look very powerful.

Whatever we actually do, I think we can all agree....it's now got to move from outside the ground demonstrations to in the ground before and during the game where it'll get picked up on more.
JFT97

Offline murgaz

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: March 3, 2010, 05:06:49 pm »
Problem is with all this... Man U get the Media in a wankin frenzy, and get all the cum-shot attention. Our wank on the other hand is as dry as the Ethiopean famine, and the Media dont give a dry-fuck about us. Face it, in the medias eyes, Man U are miles ahead of us.
This isn't why their campaign has taken off now and is starting to get attention. United suffered the same problems of apathy and myopia amongst their fans when the Glazers first took over as we are now. Debt and leveraged buyouts are abstract concepts to most people, never mind football fans who just want to watch their team play. United had plenty of apologists for their owners at first, as we have for ours now. The tipping point for them only came this year, when the Glazers were forced to spell out just how much money they had plundered from the club in order to get their bond issue off the ground. Only then did the reality of Ronaldo's sale hit home to most of the United fanbase.

We haven't had our shock yet. Only when the enormity of our plight is spelled out in black and white, perhaps through forced sales or a bond issue, will the rank and file take notice. SOS are doing an amazing job considering the apathy they face. When the time comes and more people wake up to the reality of a leveraged buyout, at least we'll be in a position to act because of the groundwork SOS have already done.

Until we wake up and take notice, we can't really expect the media to.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #124 on: March 3, 2010, 05:39:02 pm »
Depressing to see how much paper coverage the Mancs are getting over their 'Green & Gold' campaign and the 'Red Knights'. Was in both the Metro and Evening Standard down here. But I guess it helps when the fans have a 'united' voice in their disaproval of the owners where half our fans either cant be bothered or dont care.

Best fans in the world.....
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Jaylar8

• Boys Pen
« Reply #125 on: March 3, 2010, 08:02:51 pm »
I think the Mancs are doing a good job of it through their supporters trust (MUST) and the Liverpool fans that care about the club should do give/expect the same level of support to/from ShareLiverpoolFC/SOS. I urge everyone on this site to sign up to SLFC and SOS if they already haven't done so.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2010, 11:04:40 am by Jaylar8 »

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #126 on: March 3, 2010, 08:39:27 pm »
Someone must have been reading this thread.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/markogden/100005712/liverpool-fans-outflanked-by-manchester-uniteds-green-and-gold/?

Mark Ogden
Mark Ogden is the Telegraph's Northern Football Correspondent.
Liverpool fans outflanked by Manchester United's green and gold

By Mark Ogden Football Last updated: March 3rd, 2010
No Comments Comment on this article
Liverpool have become accustomed to living in Manchester United’s shadow during the two decades that have passed since the league champions’ flag fluttered over Anfield.
United have won the trophies, cashed in on the explosion of the Premier League across the globe and they could even erase Liverpool from the record books by winning a 19th league title this season.
The miracle of Istanbul aside, the red half of Merseyside has had little to throw back in the face of their foes from the other end of the East Lancs Road over the past 20 years.
And as the green-and-gold masses at Old Trafford now find themselves earning global publicity, and the apparent financial support of the Red Knights, in their battle to remove the Glazer family, those Liverpool fans attempting to overthrow their own despised American owners have been outflanked once again by their Mancunian rivals.
Whatever their prospects of success – and the smart money is on the Glazers riding the storm and banking a handsome profit many years down the road – the United supporters have won the publicity battle.
IMUSA and Must, the two groups fronting the campaign, have claimed the front pages, sports pages and news bulletins as a result of their clever campaign.
The Liverpool fans? Apart from the odd march and a couple of posters criticising Tom Hicks and George Gillett, they have slipped beneath the radar.
When Tom Hicks jnr was forced out on the back of an email row with a supporter earlier this year, Liverpool’s fans had the perfect opportunity to accelerate their campaign.
But since then, the focus has shifted firmly to Old Trafford and the movement aimed at overthrowing the Glazers.
The irony, though, is that Liverpool’s supporters have much more reason than the United fans to mount a visible campaign against the club’s owners.
Under the Glazers, whether the United fans like it or not, Mr. Ferguson’s team has enjoyed a period of incredible success.
Three Premier League titles, one European Cup, a World Club Championship and three League Cups.
Meanwhile, under the stewardship of Hicks and Gillett, Liverpool have won precisely nothing.
Rafael Benitez has seen numerous transfer targets slip through his grasp and, although he was able to lure Fernando Torres to Anfield, others have gone elsewhere.
So if any group of fans has reason to be disillusioned it is the Liverpool supporters. They are the ones desperate for a return to the glory days that United are presently enjoying.
United’s followers have gorged on success while Liverpool have starved.
Yet it is the United supporters that appear more determined to enforce regime change when it could be argued that they have never had it so good.
With the success of the green-and-gold campaign, there have been noises emanating from Manchester and Merseyside talking up the prospect of an unholy alliance between Liverpool and United fans aimed at showing their joint opposition to their respective American owners.
That proposal only has the support of a small minority on both sides.
Regardless of their shared ownership issues, United fans would enjoy nothing more than seeing Liverpool run into the ground by Hicks and Gillett.
Equally, the Kop would rejoice if United sank without a trace under the Glazers.
But while the United hordes milk the publicity generated by the green-and-gold campaign, Liverpool’s supporter campaign risks falling behind.
They need to find a trick of their own, a gimmick that will steal the thunder of the green-and-gold masses.
But maybe the moment has passed. Perhaps United have done them again.
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline sydred09

• Anny Roader
  • I come from a land down under!
« Reply #127 on: March 3, 2010, 08:39:40 pm »
white t-shirts with "YANKS OUT" in black capitals

Nice idea :) I'm thinking more along the lines of yellow shirts with black lettering as it would stand out well in a sea of red jerseys and scarves. Plus its not just some random colour, its linked to the yellow kit we wore in the 80s (or more recently).

Online Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #128 on: March 3, 2010, 08:43:11 pm »

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/markogden/100005712/liverpool-fans-outflanked-by-manchester-uniteds-green-and-gold/?

Mark Ogden

Liverpool have become accustomed to living in Manchester United’s shadow during the two decades that have passed since the league champions’ flag fluttered over Anfield.
United have won the trophies, cashed in on the explosion of the Premier League across the globe and they could even erase Liverpool from the record books by winning a 19th league title this season.
The miracle of Istanbul aside, the red half of Merseyside has had little to throw back in the face of their foes from the other end of the East Lancs Road over the past 20 years.
And as the green-and-gold masses at Old Trafford now find themselves earning global publicity, and the apparent financial support of the Red Knights, in their battle to remove the Glazer family, those Liverpool fans attempting to overthrow their own despised American owners have been outflanked once again by their Mancunian rivals.
Whatever their prospects of success – and the smart money is on the Glazers riding the storm and banking a handsome profit many years down the road – the United supporters have won the publicity battle.
IMUSA and Must, the two groups fronting the campaign, have claimed the front pages, sports pages and news bulletins as a result of their clever campaign.
The Liverpool fans? Apart from the odd march and a couple of posters criticising Tom Hicks and George Gillett, they have slipped beneath the radar.
When Tom Hicks jnr was forced out on the back of an email row with a supporter earlier this year, Liverpool’s fans had the perfect opportunity to accelerate their campaign.
But since then, the focus has shifted firmly to Old Trafford and the movement aimed at overthrowing the Glazers.
The irony, though, is that Liverpool’s supporters have much more reason than the United fans to mount a visible campaign against the club’s owners.
Under the Glazers, whether the United fans like it or not, Mr. Ferguson’s team has enjoyed a period of incredible success.
Three Premier League titles, one European Cup, a World Club Championship and three League Cups.
Meanwhile, under the stewardship of Hicks and Gillett, Liverpool have won precisely nothing.
Rafael Benitez has seen numerous transfer targets slip through his grasp and, although he was able to lure Fernando Torres to Anfield, others have gone elsewhere.
So if any group of fans has reason to be disillusioned it is the Liverpool supporters. They are the ones desperate for a return to the glory days that United are presently enjoying.
Yet it is the United supporters that appear more determined to enforce regime change when it could be argued that they have never had it so good.
With the success of the green-and-gold campaign, there have been noises emanating from Manchester and Merseyside talking up the prospect of an unholy alliance between Liverpool and United fans aimed at showing their joint opposition to their respective American owners.
Regardless of their shared ownership issues, United fans would enjoy nothing more than seeing Liverpool run into the ground by Hicks and Gillett.
Equally, the Kop would rejoice if United sank without a trace under the Glazers.
But while the United hordes milk the publicity generated by the green-and-gold campaign, Liverpool’s supporter campaign risks falling behind.
They need to find a trick of their own, a gimmick that will steal the thunder of the green-and-gold masses.

what a load of shite
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline skidz73

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #129 on: March 3, 2010, 08:54:59 pm »
Nice idea :) I'm thinking more along the lines of yellow shirts with black lettering as it would stand out well in a sea of red jerseys and scarves. Plus its not just some random colour, its linked to the yellow kit we wore in the 80s (or more recently).

Don't agree that's a great idea at all: you're trying to foster support, not antagoise people.
The Mancs have come up with a simple idea that is not only visible inside the stadium, it alliterates and so is going to be catchy, appeals to the traditions of their club  and doesn't put across a message which cold be misinterpreted by some people. Fair play to them. Of course it helps that they are getting a load of coverage in high profile games where their green and gold is clearly visible, and they also probably have the ear of most media outlets going.

At the end of the day, pubilicity will only get you so far. Someone still needs to make their owners want to sell. That is the crux of the matter.
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline skidz73

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #130 on: March 3, 2010, 08:56:30 pm »
what a load of shite

What makes it shite? Are you denying that their campaign seems to have gained more publicity than ours?

Offline sydred09

• Anny Roader
  • I come from a land down under!
« Reply #131 on: March 3, 2010, 09:05:46 pm »
Don't agree that's a great idea at all: you're trying to foster support, not antagoise people.
The Mancs have come up with a simple idea that is not only visible inside the stadium, it alliterates and so is going to be catchy, appeals to the traditions of their club  and doesn't put across a message which cold be misinterpreted by some people. Fair play to them. Of course it helps that they are getting a load of coverage in high profile games where their green and gold is clearly visible, and they also probably have the ear of most media outlets going.

At the end of the day, pubilicity will only get you so far. Someone still needs to make their owners want to sell. That is the crux of the matter.

Fair enough, not everyone has to agree. Sorry if I've misunderstood what you've said but you're saying that its not the way to go, that it is not hostile enough for the owners?

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #132 on: March 3, 2010, 09:07:58 pm »
What makes it shite? Are you denying that their campaign seems to have gained more publicity than ours?

its shite because its attempting to turn the whole thing into a liverpool vs united battle. its not about us versus united its about us versus the yanks

Online Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #133 on: March 3, 2010, 09:14:06 pm »

Sorry, I should have said, I'm not disputing that they've had more publicity but the article comes across as a cheap shot at LFC by a United fan which misses the point entirely and:

its shite because its attempting to turn the whole thing into a liverpool vs united battle. its not about us versus united its about us versus the yanks

what he said.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Jaylar8

• Boys Pen
« Reply #134 on: March 3, 2010, 09:26:34 pm »

Mark Ogden

I think the smart money is on the Glazers staying, I think there's much more chance of Liverpool fans buying Liverpool, than United fans buying United. I think Murgaz is spot on about United's catalyst being the publicisation of the debt the Glazers has put against the club and the money they've taken out of the club, whilst also not putting a penny/cent into the club.

MUST and IMUSA have played a big part in the United campaign, and a lot has to be said for them working with the e-based fans (on forums). The Green and Gold campaign was suggested by a forum member, and not from either of the two supporters trusts, they both adopted it after the forum fans took it upon themselves, so I think the Liverpool ST should be more present on the Liverpool forums.

The 3rd point (which I've put in bolded) is irrelevant, as neither club has had any investment by their owners (correct me if i'm wrong). So I see this point, and many in the article as stoking the flames between the two sets of supporters, so will put off any allience between us, which I hope to happen and be part of.

Offline skidz73

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #135 on: March 3, 2010, 09:29:04 pm »
Sorry, I should have said, I'm not disputing that they've had more publicity but the article comes across as a cheap shot at LFC by a United fan which misses the point entirely and:

what he said.

As I said in another post, publicity alone won't oust our respective owners. But if it raises awareness and mobiles support then it's a good thing. I wouldn't necessarily see it as a dig, but for us we should be questioning why have they had more success in gaining that publicity.

Offline skidz73

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #136 on: March 3, 2010, 09:30:56 pm »

Don't agree. Two traditional clubs in financial straights, with similarities in terms of problematic ownership and contrasts in terms of publicity for their campaigns to oust those owners. 

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #137 on: March 3, 2010, 10:22:17 pm »
As I said in another post, publicity alone won't oust our respective owners. But if it raises awareness and mobiles support then it's a good thing. I wouldn't necessarily see it as a dig, but for us we should be questioning why have they had more success in gaining that publicity.

Publicity means nothing. SoS have focussed their attentions where it matters - locally and within the club.

For SoS and MUST alike there are only two constituencies that matter - the match going fans and the owners. Getting national or international coverage means fuck all in the long run.

I think we should forget about this - it's pointless and a diversion from our own agenda. Let them twirl their green and gold scarves - I'd bet that we will have new owners before they do.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 3, 2010, 11:40:59 pm »
The first supporters group that successfully organises a boycott of the games will be the first club to rid itself of the owners, the debts and millions pouring out in arrangement/transaction fees paid to bankers

End of argument

Offline bootroom boy

• Kopite
« Reply #139 on: March 4, 2010, 12:22:23 am »
SOS are doing everything they can to help our club and in a dignified manner.
United get the attention because always they are the media darlings.
We're told not to protest because its bad PR for prospective investors but they (c*nts) can do what they fucking like and its lauded by the media.
Day by day the frustration grows and the longer it continues it looks as we are going to become a mid table team. For fuck sake do we lie down and die?

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
« Reply #140 on: March 4, 2010, 01:55:35 am »
Everyone wear GREEN, the colour of money, thats all they want.

or

Just shoot them
Time is a factor and EMPTY seats is the answer...

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
« Reply #141 on: March 4, 2010, 02:00:19 am »
Publicity means nothing. SoS have focussed their attentions where it matters - locally and within the club.

For SoS and MUST alike there are only two constituencies that matter - the match going fans and the owners. Getting national or international coverage means fuck all in the long run.

I think we should forget about this - it's pointless and a diversion from our own agenda. Let them twirl their green and gold scarves - I'd bet that we will have new owners before they do.

I feel if they cant pay bills, they have to sell but I see the beer and pies flowing every game inside anfield, the LFC stores overflowing etc, programs everywhere...

Stop their income and force their hand...
Time is a factor and EMPTY seats is the answer...

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #142 on: March 4, 2010, 09:23:57 am »
IMO if there going to wear the Green & Gold shouldnt they just wear that and ditch the utd jersey the other utd scarf and utd hat etc ....

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #143 on: March 4, 2010, 09:59:01 am »
Publicity means nothing. SoS have focussed their attentions where it matters - locally and within the club.For SoS and MUST alike there are only two constituencies that matter - the match going fans and the owners. Getting national or international coverage means fuck all in the long run.I think we should forget about this - it's pointless and a diversion from our own agenda. Let them twirl their green and gold scarves - I'd bet that we will have new owners before they do.

Publicity is everything - if that is then converted into action.

Sos are doing something, but we have failed to find anything to capture the imagination like the G&H campaign.The problem for SOS/ MUST is that "G&H/ Glazers out" is not enough, there needs to be an alternative acceptable buyer ( and then a preparedness on the part of the owners to sell). Where the Mancs have succeeded, and we have so far failed, is to convert the G&G publicity into the possibility of alternative ownership, via the "Red Knights".
« Last Edit: March 4, 2010, 11:47:02 am by xerxes1 »
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #144 on: March 4, 2010, 10:07:37 am »
Black flags ... ?

Easy and cheap { cost wise } ....

Wave white handkerchiefs ?
Wave black handkerchiefs ?
A simple chant for the whole game if possible so the whole ground and get behind it was very powerful at the hillsborough memorial at Anfield ... ?

Offline Godber

• Kemlynite
« Reply #145 on: March 4, 2010, 10:41:17 am »
Was it this worry about being perceived as copying, that meant you didn't bother to protest about the H and G takeover at the time?

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #146 on: March 4, 2010, 12:07:54 pm »
Was it this worry about being perceived as copying, that meant you didn't bother to protest about the H and G takeover at the time?

You were told before hand how the purchase of your club was going to take place. We were categorically told that it would not be a "Glazer" and no debt would be put on the club.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 4, 2010, 07:13:58 pm »
FourFourTwo rip the Green and Gold effort to pieces, and I agree with it.
Glazer took over the club and from the off it was announced to everyone that they would be taking on £600m of debt.  Only NOW have they twigged that that was a bad idea.  FC United anyone?  Fucking laughed at by the media when they broke away.
Then, how can you sit there in your nice green and gold scarves, munching on £5 United burgers, sat in a £50 seat, wearing a £60 official jersey, reading your £10 programme, sipping on a £5 beer, and think that you're achieving anything worthwhile?

Fucking tosh.  Stay away from the club, stop sticking a fist full of notes in their coffers every week, and maybe we'll start to get somewhere. 
Yes, someone else may take your place, but it's not you and your money helping to fuck the club up further.  You KNOW your money isn't going back into the club, you're paying a couple of fat American rapists to watch YOUR club. 

:butt         ::)

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 4, 2010, 07:15:34 pm »

Yes mate, as replies below, we DEMANDED that no debt be placed on the club and we were promised that this would be the case.
Whereas United KNEW that £600m of debt was going to be put on the club, hence FC United and the thousands of fans walking away.

Offline skidz73

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #149 on: March 4, 2010, 08:07:02 pm »
Fair enough, not everyone has to agree. Sorry if I've misunderstood what you've said but you're saying that its not the way to go, that it is not hostile enough for the owners?

Not talking about the owners. If this is directed at the owners only, then yeah it's probably fine. However if it's looking to gain wider support, then talking about Yanks won't necessarily achieve that.

Offline Jaylar8

• Boys Pen
« Reply #150 on: March 4, 2010, 09:21:28 pm »
FourFourTwo rip the Green and Gold effort to pieces, and I agree with it.
Glazer took over the club and from the off it was announced to everyone that they would be taking on £600m of debt.  Only NOW have they twigged that that was a bad idea.  FC United anyone?  Fucking laughed at by the media when they broke away.
Many of the United fans haven’t now ‘only twigged’, like you say 'thousands turned away' and set up 'fc united', some still support the club through thick and thin, the fans are split but this green and gold campaign is joining them all in protest.

The fans couldn't stop the Glazers buying the club with debt, they tried and made protests but there was little they could do, and even now the fans can only object to the Glazers ownership by protest, and that's what they are doing, but something seems to be happening about it

Then, how can you sit there in your nice green and gold scarves, munching on £5 United burgers, sat in a £50 seat, wearing a £60 official jersey, reading your £10 programme, sipping on a £5 beer, and think that you're achieving anything worthwhile?
Many United fans stopped wearing united jerseys, buying anything inside OT and renewing their season tickets in 2005 (as you said), but now many more are ditching their £60 official jerseys’ for the green and gold jerseys and taking the advice from the supporters trusts.

Fucking tosh.  Stay away from the club, stop sticking a fist full of notes in their coffers every week, and maybe we'll start to get somewhere. 
Yes, someone else may take your place, but it's not you and your money helping to fuck the club up further.  You KNOW your money isn't going back into the club, you're paying a couple of fat American rapists to watch YOUR club.
If the supporters trusts say thats the way it has to be many will do that, many will stay and support the team to, supporters will be divided as they still are now.

:butt         ::)

Yes mate, as replies below, we DEMANDED that no debt be placed on the club and we were promised that this would be the case.
Whereas United KNEW that £600m of debt was going to be put on the club, hence FC United and the thousands of fans walking away.

The United fans did know and took to the streets and demanded a 'no' to the Glazers, just like you said, “we DEMANDED that no debt be placed on the club”, but did that happen...Face it, we fans are treated subordinately when it comes to the business behind our clubs.

I'm not having a pop at you Dr Cornwallis, I just think the united fans are doing a good job of it with the green and gold and wish the Liverpool fans were doing the same, as we're both in very similar situations. There's plenty of talk of  Liverpool taking on the green and gold idea with united, which I think should happen. Thats my view and I know many won't agree.

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
« Reply #151 on: March 5, 2010, 01:27:21 am »
This thread is one of the best examples of Anarchy in progress and a demonstration of exactly why and how it doesn't work.

I'll offer you this:-

Nearly 50 years ago my old feller was talking about the differences between the citys of Manchester and Liverpool and what he said was spot on; Manchester had politicians trying to push forward in the same direction; We were blessed with a dozen opposing different tribal and uncompromising voices each pulling in a different direction.

Football apart, it is only recently that Liverpool has started to develop in the ways it should have started in the 60's

To the babys who cling to "Not copying ..."  Whilst we were the first crowd with chants and songs, and were the ones being copied. Quite a lot of the chants and songs we use today were "borrowed" and adapted from elsewhere -  the most obvious being The Fields of Anfield Road.

If something works, only an idiot refuses to adopt it simply because someone that they didn't like invented the new thing. If we sit sulking in the corner, we'll fall even further behind.

This thing needs someone (SoS?) to grab hold of it and give it organisation and legs

Whilst banners are fine in their own way, they won't have major impact because they come across on TV as one blokes protest / witticism ; nothing cohesive.

The colour impact still has possibilities; three  quite obvious prime candidates:-

1) Black - easy to achieve doesn't need to be a special shirt, and a section of our mob already do this; But imagine the Kop devoid of RED

2) Light Blue and White halves -  this was one of our earliest strips but would need shirt manufacture organising because only the Argentine strips look anything close.

One of the best has already been suggested - and works on so many levels; including the fact that the press would have to work at deciphering the meaning of the colour.
I think we should wear purple. The colour of Liverpool's bins. Cos our owners are rubbish.

THE ISSUES WE ARE ADDRESSING ARE FAR TOO IMPORTANT TO DIVERT ENERGY INTO CHILDISH CIRCULAR THREADS ABOUT WHETHER WE DO SOMETHING BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE THOUGHT OF IT FIRST.
There ain't no money in poetry
That's what sets the poet free
I've had all the freedom I can stand

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #152 on: March 5, 2010, 02:02:02 am »

I could pick minor holes in this, but fuck that. In the grand scheme of things, I can't argue with it.

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #153 on: March 5, 2010, 08:42:00 am »
Presuming that red, green and yellow/gold are off limits, protestors at LFC don't really have much to choose from.

White - Already one of our colours.
Blue - No, for obvious reasons.
Grey - One of our previous colours
Orange - Looks too much like red.
Pink - Breast cancer awareness.
Purple - Might be construed as people supporting a groundshare

So it has to be black.
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline Redguard

• Main Stander
« Reply #154 on: March 5, 2010, 09:58:26 am »
Too much talk and no action. We'll be here for the next few months pontificating like an old Doris & Ethel in a haberdashery trying to choose knicker elastic.

Just select some bloody colour(s) and get it up and running in time for the Man Utd game.

:butt
« Last Edit: March 5, 2010, 10:01:08 am by Redguard »
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Offline SquirmyRooter

• RoomySquirter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: March 5, 2010, 12:12:36 pm »
I find it intensly frustrating that people say we didn't protest because they told us there's be no debt.

We didn't have to believe them, I certainly didn't becasue I took the time to actually look at the way they had consistently behaved before buying us. I got slated for pointing it out to people even though I continued to try to tell people they were bad for the club throughout their 1st year when they were still being lauded by a majority. It was only when rafa started to complain about lack of support that anyone woke up.

How can we criticise the mancs for still turning up to OT when they're in debt? I've not noticed our crowds dropping either and we've been winning fuck all.

Rather than criticise another club for taking practical steps to get rid of their owners perhaps we should focus on what we're doing, or rather not doing.

If you go to Anfield most weeks you would barely notice that we have an issue with the owners, if you're a fan in the far east watching on TV you wouldn't know it at all.

This green and gold campaign will have people all over the world watching on TV asking what's going on, that can't be a bad thing imo.
Insight, Perspective, Objectivity.

No Delusions Here.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: March 5, 2010, 12:26:56 pm »

This green and gold campaign will have people all over the world watching on TV asking what's going on, that can't be a bad thing imo.

But they still fill a 70,000 seater stadium every week, and you should hear the way that David Gill speaks to them!  Quote, "Let’s not have ridiculous protests of that nature.”

That'll show em, wear some Green and Gold and it'll all go away.  Meanwhile the CEO is sat in the Gods, flicking the V sign at the supporters and telling them not to be so stupid.
It's a fad, it's a snowball effect, a bit of vogue accessorising, and it'll die a death by the start of next season, maybe sooner.

Great job.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 5, 2010, 12:27:49 pm »
God, Green and Gold's so hot right now.

Offline SquirmyRooter

• RoomySquirter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: March 5, 2010, 12:33:53 pm »
But they still fill a 70,000 seater stadium every week, and you should hear the way that David Gill speaks to them!  Quote, "Let’s not have ridiculous protests of that nature.”

That'll show em, wear some Green and Gold and it'll all go away.  Meanwhile the CEO is sat in the Gods, flicking the V sign at the supporters and telling them not to be so stupid.
It's a fad, it's a snowball effect, a bit of vogue accessorising, and it'll die a death by the start of next season, maybe sooner.

Great job.

Is the fact that it may or may not be succesful really the point??

It would be a futile gesture on it's own but it seems to be being coordinated with big hitters in the city who according to this mornings Times are in a realistic position to buy the club, if the Glazers think the fans are really starting to turn then it might be the straw that breaks the camels back in them leaving. Apparently they are already struggling to sell out for all but the top games and they no longer have a season ticket waiting list, even a smallish boycott would be noticeable. People that have boycotted so far would have been replaced off that waiting list, now it's gone who replaces them.

If it's futile to try then do we just accpet G&H are staying too and not even try??

no thanks.
Insight, Perspective, Objectivity.

No Delusions Here.

Offline Piechniks Picnic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #159 on: March 5, 2010, 01:40:27 pm »
The 'They don't care about Rafa, they don't care about fans, Liverpool Football Club is in the wrong hands' chant got the journo's writing last season.

Why not get this chant going again?  Straight after YNWA at every game?  It might take a bit of time to catch on with daytrippers, etc, but once it's up and going, it'll be just as recognisable and unavoidable as the green and gold scarf thing.
"He's better than Platini, certainly better than Rumminegge and Maradona. For me he is the greatest footballer in the world."