Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1068464 times)

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #2920 on: May 22, 2017, 12:32:13 pm »
To be fair to Hasenhuttl, the sign of a good coach is surely making the best of the resources at your disposal in whatever way you see fit? He didn't have much quality at Ingolstadt so they didn't play an expansive game but now he has some excellent players he's gone to an attacking approach. Jardim's Monaco were horrid to watch in the 2014/15 season, they scored 51 and conceded 26 in Ligue 1. This year they scored 107 in Ligue 1.
I’ve no problem with people saying Hassenhuettl’s approach at Ingolstadt was pragmatic, because that’s true. It’s people trying to draw a veil over the fact that the team were eye-wateringly dull that gets on my tits.

Maybe you’ve seen more of them than I have, but I’d dispute just how attacking Leipzig have been under Hassenhuettl. Their home game against Dortmund was the worst match I’ve seen this season, every bit as grim as Hassenhuettl’s Ingolstadt.

Whenever I’ve watched them they’ve tended to sit back and play on the counter. They remind me a bit of that Villarreal team we met in the EL semis last season. Both teams strive to play the rapid-fire counter. When you saw highlights of Villarreal, they seemed to be a really entertaining side, because you were only seeing the moments when the rapid-fire approach came off. But when you watched them for a full 90 minutes, things were very different. Leipzig also seem very fond of pinging high balls to the 6ft 4in guy up front.

Forsberg’s an exquisite player, though. He stood out in highlights when they were in the 2 Bundesliga and he’s made the step up effortlessly.

Chelsea, City and PSG have all demonstrated in recent years that if you spend enough money, success will follow. Leipzig’s success is just another example of financial determinism.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2921 on: May 22, 2017, 12:43:24 pm »
I take your points and I can't say I've watched a lot of Leipzig. I was just assuming they were fairly attacking as they only scored 6 fewer than Dortmund.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2922 on: May 22, 2017, 03:27:55 pm »
The sign of a good coach to me is one who knows the strengths and weaknesses of his team and studies the opposition and plans accordingly.

If you play an open, attacking game against Dortmund, they will hurt you, he played that game to stop Dortmund from playing and hit them on the counter which worked. He approached games differently depending the opposition.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2923 on: May 22, 2017, 06:41:13 pm »
Martin Schmidt leaves Mainz. Mutual decision apparently

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2924 on: May 22, 2017, 06:44:57 pm »
How on Earth has Matthew Leckie got himself a move to Hertha? 3 goals and 3 assists in 4680 minutes of Bundesliga football in his career.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2925 on: May 22, 2017, 06:55:08 pm »
How on Earth has Matthew Leckie got himself a move to Hertha? 3 goals and 3 assists in 4680 minutes of Bundesliga football in his career.

Based on Preetz's comments, I'm guessing he is there for depth and positional flexibility. Hertha were badly caught out last year in the EL by Brondby. They only made four signings last summer and Dardai's lack of rotation caught up with them in the second half of the season. That said, given they hardly ever pay money for players, the fact they've spent €3m on him is considerable. He's the eleventh most expensive player in their history according to Transfermarkt.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2926 on: May 22, 2017, 06:58:01 pm »
Based on Preetz's comments, I'm guessing he is there for depth and positional flexibility. Hertha were badly caught out last year in the EL by Brondby. They only made four signings last summer and Dardai's lack of rotation caught up with them in the second half of the season. That said, given they hardly ever pay money for players, the fact they've spent €3m on him is considerable. He's the eleventh most expensive player in their history according to Transfermarkt.

Fair point about depth but I just don't think Leckie is good enough to be in the Bundesliga at all.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:04:56 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #2927 on: May 22, 2017, 07:20:06 pm »
That’s sad news. Last season he came within a hair’s breadth of outdoing anything Klopp or Tuchel had achieved at Mainz. The club just doesn’t seem to be able to cope with qualifying for Europe.
Baffles me as well. Aside from Pascal Gross, it was hard to see many of that squad playing top-tier football again next season.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2928 on: May 22, 2017, 07:20:57 pm »

No surprise that I guess as sad as it may be. Had a very tough season!

I read that Kloppo's old pal Sandro Schwarz is in line to take over. He's Mainz 05 II coach at the moment.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2929 on: May 23, 2017, 11:24:36 pm »
I noticed Rene Adler is leaving HSV. Surprised he didn't leave years ago.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2930 on: May 23, 2017, 11:25:11 pm »
I noticed Rene Adler is leaving HSV. Surprised he didn't leave years ago.

yeah! Who can blame him for finally going!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2931 on: May 23, 2017, 11:36:51 pm »
Fair point about depth but I just don't think Leckie is good enough to be in the Bundesliga at all.

Even more bizarre, when Andre Hahn is being linked with Hertha for €5m (he's entering the last year of his contract). Bargain.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2932 on: May 24, 2017, 08:18:10 am »
Even more bizarre, when Andre Hahn is being linked with Hertha for €5m (he's entering the last year of his contract). Bargain.

There's so much value in the Bundesliga. More clubs should be signing players from there.

Offline Indian Scouser

• Kopite
« Reply #2933 on: May 24, 2017, 09:58:41 am »
There's so much value in the Bundesliga. More clubs should be signing players from there.

I disagree. I think only WE should be signing players from there while all the other clubs should be buying overpriced players from elsewhere.  ;)

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #2934 on: May 25, 2017, 08:37:52 am »
Bayern are apparently in negotiations with Alexis Sanchez and have also reportedly agreed a deal to sign Goretzka on a free next summer. Bernat is said to want to leave, so they’re supposedly bringing in Marvin Plattenhardt from Hertha as back-up to Alaba.

Some Bayern fans think that Sanches and Kimmich will duke it out for a CM spot next season and the loser will end up at RB. They also believe that Costa is likely to leave.

The Tuchel to Leverkusen rumours continue. If Tuchel can fall out with the likes of Watzke and Heidel, then him and Voeller working together would seem to be a car crash waiting to happen.

Brighton have already agreed a deal for Pascal Gross and are also rumoured to be close to signing Haraguchi from Hertha. They both look to be good players.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2935 on: May 25, 2017, 12:04:46 pm »
Bayern are apparently in negotiations with Alexis Sanchez and have also reportedly agreed a deal to sign Goretzka on a free next summer. Bernat is said to want to leave, so they’re supposedly bringing in Marvin Plattenhardt from Hertha as back-up to Alaba.

Some Bayern fans think that Sanches and Kimmich will duke it out for a CM spot next season and the loser will end up at RB. They also believe that Costa is likely to leave.

The Tuchel to Leverkusen rumours continue. If Tuchel can fall out with the likes of Watzke and Heidel, then him and Voeller working together would seem to be a car crash waiting to happen.

Brighton have already agreed a deal for Pascal Gross and are also rumoured to be close to signing Haraguchi from Hertha. They both look to be good players.

Ha yes! Völler and Tuchel - that'd be fun :D I saw a few other names mentioned regards Bayer. One was Peter Bosz, which after last night I'd hope they swerve big time, in fact, his attempts at coaching in the 2nd leg vs Schalke should have sounded warning bells for Leverkusen too. 
David Wagner another name mentioned, but if he gets Huddersfield promoted, then I can't see him going anywhere, so they'd be out of luck there. Niko Kovac too, of course a former player, another name cropping up.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:19:10 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2936 on: May 25, 2017, 12:17:06 pm »
Renato Sanchez at rightback? That's obviously  not happening. Like when our fans on here said make Ibe a CF I suppose.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #2937 on: May 25, 2017, 09:30:59 pm »
Wolfsburg were a little fortunate to beat Braunschweig 1-0. The goal came from a penalty that should never have been awarded, as Gomez had handled the ball moments earlier. Braunschweig missed a sitter in the first half. The atmosphere was pretty good, although that may have been due to the visiting Braunschweig fans. It wasn’t a very good game, but these matches tend not to be great spectacles.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2938 on: May 25, 2017, 10:33:02 pm »
Didn't get to see the game, hopefully catch the 2nd leg, although that one for some reason isn't on tv here. 

Sounds like a narrow victory not just in terms of scoreline, but in how they played too, could make for a nervous 2nd leg for Wolfsburg!

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #2939 on: May 26, 2017, 09:57:08 am »
I'd be thankful for small mercies, DN. You really didn't miss much. I doubt the highlights are too long.

Cup final tomorrow. I don't really care who wins, just hoping for a good match, although I suspect Eintracht may opt for spoiling tactics from the first minute, as that's what they've done every time I've seen them play one of the stronger sides this season. Kovac would probably take penalties now if you offered them to him, which may not result in a great spectacle.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2940 on: May 26, 2017, 02:19:37 pm »
I'd be thankful for small mercies, DN. You really didn't miss much. I doubt the highlights are too long.

Cup final tomorrow. I don't really care who wins, just hoping for a good match, although I suspect Eintracht may opt for spoiling tactics from the first minute, as that's what they've done every time I've seen them play one of the stronger sides this season. Kovac would probably take penalties now if you offered them to him, which may not result in a great spectacle.

I can only see one result in that cup final, Eintracht have been dire. Isn't it 1 win in their last 15 league games I think? Horrific.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2941 on: May 26, 2017, 06:55:30 pm »
1860 Munich draw 1-1 away from home against Jahn Regensburg in the 2 Bundesliga relegation playoffs.

Anyone know if away goals count or not?
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2942 on: May 26, 2017, 07:13:14 pm »
1860 Munich draw 1-1 away from home against Jahn Regensburg in the 2 Bundesliga relegation playoffs.

Anyone know if away goals count or not?

I believe they do

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2943 on: May 26, 2017, 08:20:24 pm »
Ian Ayre leaves Liverpool to work for a third division outfit in Germany.

Well, could happen.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #2944 on: May 27, 2017, 06:24:19 am »

Think Kimmich will play RB - after all that's where he plays for German National team.  If Ancelotti plays a 3-5-2 than we could have Mats Hummels, Javi, and Boateng as the back 3 with Alaba and Kimmich with wingbacks.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2945 on: May 27, 2017, 06:38:33 am »
Bernat is said to want to leave, so they’re supposedly bringing in Marvin Plattenhardt from Hertha as back-up to Alaba.

Remember he was quite hyped when they signed him from Valencia. Apart from not being first choice, how's he been playing when given the chance?

I can think of a certain team that play in red who need an attacking LB to provide width, you know  ;D
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2946 on: May 27, 2017, 08:46:43 am »
Was reading an article about Paderborn yesterday. 3 successive relegations and they're going to be playing in the Regionalliga next season.

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #2947 on: May 27, 2017, 09:55:26 am »
Remember he was quite hyped when they signed him from Valencia. Apart from not being first choice, how's he been playing when given the chance? I can think of a certain team that play in red who need an attacking LB to provide width, you know  ;D
He’s seemed fine whenever I’ve seen him. Not dazzling and plays within himself but, now that you mention it, I wouldn’t be upset if we were linked with him. I think he’ll end up at a club where he feels he’s pretty much guaranteed first-team football and, especially with Milner being vice-captain, that might rule us out.

Was reading an article about Paderborn yesterday. 3 successive relegations and they're going to be playing in the Regionalliga next season.
Bloody hell. They were top of the Bundesliga in September 2014. Breitenreiter will be back in the Bundesliga next season, with Hannover.

Think Kimmich will play RB - after all that's where he plays for German National team.
That’s true, although Hector’s the first-choice LB for Germany and he’s spent much of this season playing in midfield for Cologne. It’ll be intriguing to see how you line up next season. Do Bayern even seem to be interested in trying to buy a new RB?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2948 on: May 27, 2017, 12:35:19 pm »
Löw has also played Emre Can at RB before so they are quite flexible

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2949 on: May 27, 2017, 12:36:02 pm »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #2950 on: May 27, 2017, 12:40:08 pm »
He’s seemed fine whenever I’ve seen him. Not dazzling and plays within himself but, now that you mention it, I wouldn’t be upset if we were linked with him. I think he’ll end up at a club where he feels he’s pretty much guaranteed first-team football and, especially with Milner being vice-captain, that might rule us out.
Bloody hell. They were top of the Bundesliga in September 2014. Breitenreiter will be back in the Bundesliga next season, with Hannover.
That’s true, although Hector’s the first-choice LB for Germany and he’s spent much of this season playing in midfield for Cologne. It’ll be intriguing to see how you line up next season. Do Bayern even seem to be interested in trying to buy a new RB?

Don't think so.  In fact Kalle came out and said the other day that in Kimmich, Bayern already have the long term successor to Lahm.  Whether it's bs or not I don't know, but I think the club will give him at least a season at RB.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2951 on: May 27, 2017, 03:54:40 pm »
As good a chance as Dortmund have had at winning a trophy in the past few years today. Lost the final 3 years straight but against better opposition in Munich and Wolfsburg. Frankfurt are a decent side but I think Dortmund will win today.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Anomander

• Main Stander
« Reply #2952 on: May 27, 2017, 07:00:05 pm »

Offline Anomander

• Main Stander
« Reply #2953 on: May 27, 2017, 07:05:13 pm »
As good a chance as Dortmund have had at winning a trophy in the past few years today. Lost the final 3 years straight but against better opposition in Munich and Wolfsburg. Frankfurt are a decent side but I think Dortmund will win today.

Frankfurt played a terrible second half of the Bundesliga season, as they always do. No chance here i bet.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2954 on: May 27, 2017, 07:07:25 pm »
Frankfurt played a terrible second half of the Bundesliga season, as they always do. No chance here i bet.

1 win in their last 15, utterly horrific!

Offline Anomander

• Main Stander
« Reply #2955 on: May 27, 2017, 07:09:04 pm »
Frankfurt, haha  ;D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2956 on: May 27, 2017, 07:10:50 pm »
could be embarassing this :D Terrible match up.

Offline Anomander

• Main Stander
« Reply #2957 on: May 27, 2017, 07:13:48 pm »
could be embarassing this :D Terrible match up.

Nah, Dortmund isnt as badass as Bayern is.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2958 on: May 27, 2017, 07:15:00 pm »
Nah, Dortmund isnt as badass as Bayern is.

they are in the final and Bayern aren't :D

Offline Anomander

• Main Stander
« Reply #2959 on: May 27, 2017, 07:16:54 pm »
they are in the final and Bayern aren't :D

But Bayern would win 7:0 against Frankfurt.