Author Topic: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel  (Read 102017 times)

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #480 on: March 29, 2012, 04:47:04 pm »
I'm gonna hazard a guess, space ship with a handful of humans lands on another planet, encounters an alien life form that kills everyone bar one protagonist...

How am i looking?

well thats the thing, no one knows, it was just a reply to someone who said there will be nothing left to see in the cinemas becasue of all the trailers, yet no one actually knows what the film is about  ;)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #481 on: March 29, 2012, 04:50:12 pm »
Wow!! just wow!!

Amazing new video released (Spoiler!!!!! DON'T WATCH IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE A SPOILER!!!!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj6HMoGNMR0

8 minutes and 15 seconds in.

The effects are incredible. Just. Wow. Got to hand it to the special effects guys on this one. Bloody hell. Amazing.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #482 on: March 29, 2012, 04:56:50 pm »
I didn't know Tom Hardy had a clone
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #483 on: March 29, 2012, 05:20:04 pm »
I didn't know Tom Hardy had a clone

Annoying me to fuck that is.
:D

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #484 on: March 29, 2012, 05:58:02 pm »
I'm gonna hazard a guess, space ship with a handful of humans lands on another planet, encounters an alien life form that kills everyone bar one protagonist...

How am i looking?
well thats the thing, no one knows, it was just a reply to someone who said there will be nothing left to see in the cinemas becasue of all the trailers, yet no one actually knows what the film is about  ;)
Apparantly a lot of folk scoffed at this and shot it down in flames when it was first put about the web and it states at the bottom of the link that it was "confirmed to be fan fiction" but when the trailer came out it was reposted and certainly some of what's there seems to be in the film. Make of it what you will or don't look at all if you think there's a chance it might spoil the film:

http://www.liveforfilms.com/2011/11/29/possible-full-synopsis-for-ridley-scotts-prometheus/

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #485 on: March 29, 2012, 06:02:46 pm »
Apparantly a lot of folk scoffed at this and shot it down in flames when it was first put about the web and it states at the bottom of the link that it was "confirmed to be fan fiction" but when the trailer came out it was reposted and certainly some of what's there seems to be in the film. Make of it what you will or don't look at all if you think there's a chance it might spoil the film:

http://www.liveforfilms.com/2011/11/29/possible-full-synopsis-for-ridley-scotts-prometheus/

it doesnt spoil the film. its all bollocks. just looks like a story someone has pieced together from the early trailer shots

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #486 on: March 29, 2012, 06:03:07 pm »
Andy, that was really good. The bit where the thing bursts out of her **** is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline WTF?

• Anny Roader
  • These go to 11
« Reply #487 on: March 29, 2012, 07:22:09 pm »
Andy, that was really good. The bit where the thing bursts out of her **** is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Looked CGI to me.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: March 29, 2012, 08:17:37 pm »
it doesnt spoil the film. its all bollocks. just looks like a story someone has pieced together from the early trailer shots
Well if that's the case then I'm glad. Although strangely, reading Ridley Scott's interview in Empire today has put me off a bit more rather than whetted my appetite. I just don't think I'm going to be able to buy into this ancient civilisation/higher intelligence story. And just some of the stuff he said...it's like he's spent too much time watching bad History channel docs.  :-\

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #489 on: March 30, 2012, 12:25:30 pm »
Well if that's the case then I'm glad. Although strangely, reading Ridley Scott's interview in Empire today has put me off a bit more rather than whetted my appetite. I just don't think I'm going to be able to buy into this ancient civilisation/higher intelligence story. And just some of the stuff he said...it's like he's spent too much time watching bad History channel docs.  :-\

Sounds like a great idea to me.

As he said - if you'd seen Alien then how could you not wonder what that ship was - why it had all those eggs - what the Space Jockey was and what else could lie out there. Once you have one thing then what lies beyond?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: March 30, 2012, 01:06:45 pm »

I read it yesterday. Sounds really cool to me. I'm more excited about the fact he got them to build HUGE sets for this thing. The visuals will be incredible I think.

Did make me think though: Ridley Scott is 74! I hope he really makes the films he wants to make in the next six years or so because don't how many of his style movies he'll be able to make in his 80s.

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: March 31, 2012, 12:45:03 am »
Just watched the trailer and to be honest i'm not filled with optimism.

The first two films were such cult classics that this was always going to get much attention especially because of the director.

But i think a lot of people are setting themselves up to be disappointed.

Don't think many people will complain much about the visuals.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #492 on: March 31, 2012, 09:01:48 am »
Just watched the trailer and to be honest i'm not filled with optimism.

The first two films were such cult classics that this was always going to get much attention especially because of the director.

Don't think many people will complain much about the visuals.

The first TWO films? Really?

I'd say the first one was a classic.

The second one was a romp.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: March 31, 2012, 12:22:58 pm »

I predict a few tears.

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: March 31, 2012, 08:13:40 pm »
I predict a few tears.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: April 1, 2012, 10:07:08 pm »

The first TWO films? Really?

I'd say the first one was a classic.

The second one was a romp.

Ah, i know where your coming from but look up Rotten Tomatoes and IMDb

First one was a classic but second was far from a romp... many would argue including myself

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: April 1, 2012, 10:38:08 pm »
Aliens is a classic but in a very different way from the original. Its reputation suffers from being a Cameron film but he really nailed it back then and it was THE defining 80's action film, regardless of genre.

I still prefer Scotts original and it is one of my favourite films of all time but I never tire of watching either movie and despite the very different styles, they work really well when watched back to back.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: April 1, 2012, 10:41:25 pm »
2nd one was every bit as good as the first, maybe a little better in my opinion.

I kind of agree, I loved James Cameron's film. If Alien was a ghost story, Aliens was a war film in the same universe. Immense both.
Aliens is one of the great sequels imo.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: April 1, 2012, 10:51:44 pm »
"That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over, what the fuck are we supposed to now, huh, what are we gonna do? "

:)

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: April 1, 2012, 10:53:32 pm »
Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
Vasquez: No. Have you?

:)

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: April 1, 2012, 10:58:14 pm »
"That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over, what the fuck are we supposed to now, huh, what are we gonna do? "

See what i mean. No one ever heard of Bill Paxton then, and he freaked out to a T.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #501 on: April 1, 2012, 11:06:16 pm »
Aliens (second one) is by far the best film of the lot. I have the box set and love them all, but that's the one I watch over and over. And just to throw this in there, a lot of people actually believe that we were put on this planet by aliens, is that really so absurd? We could be a little play thing for beings with advanced technology.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #502 on: April 1, 2012, 11:08:15 pm »
See what i mean. No one ever heard of Bill Paxton then, and he freaked out to a T.
Love the bloke, great actor. True Lies, Weird Science, Twister, Aliens, just to name four, I think he's brilliant.

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #503 on: April 1, 2012, 11:12:32 pm »
Two legendary quotes there in the space of 30 seconds.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsx2vdn7gpY?version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dsx2vdn7gpY?version=3</a>
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #504 on: April 1, 2012, 11:12:36 pm »
Aliens (second one) is by far the best film of the lot. I have the box set and love them all, but that's the one I watch over and over. And just to throw this in there, a lot of people actually believe that we were put on this planet by aliens, is that really so absurd? We could be a little play thing for beings with advanced technology.
where did the aliens come from?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #505 on: April 1, 2012, 11:14:25 pm »
where did the aliens come from?
From the massively ancient universe.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: April 1, 2012, 11:15:29 pm »
From the massively ancient universe.
who put them there?

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: April 1, 2012, 11:17:09 pm »
who put them there?

Huth cleared them out of the milky way.

He is a hoofing god afterall.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #508 on: April 1, 2012, 11:18:13 pm »
who put them there?
The big bang maybe? There is way too much to understand, but there must be intelligent life out there besides us, I fully believe that.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #509 on: April 1, 2012, 11:20:10 pm »
Huth cleared them out of the milky way.

He is a hoofing god afterall.
;D

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #510 on: April 1, 2012, 11:25:49 pm »
will go down in folklore as the man to have met his death in the predator, terminator and alien franchises

for sure. it's extremely rare these days where a sequel is as good as, or better than the 1st.
I doubt he's bothered  ;)

Aliens is by far the best.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: April 2, 2012, 12:14:45 am »
The big bang maybe? There is way too much to understand, but there must be intelligent life out there besides us, I fully believe that.
what if we are the ancients?

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: April 2, 2012, 10:15:07 am »
2nd one was every bit as good as the first, maybe a little better in my opinion.
I can't agree with that. Ian Holm, John Hurt, Tom Skerritt, Yaphet Kotto, Harry Dean Stanton versus erm Michael Biehn, Bill Paxton, some bloke from My Two Dads and a typical James Cameron token Latino girl soldier.

It's a great romp like Andy says but James Cameron versus Ridley Scott?  :lmao

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #513 on: April 2, 2012, 10:36:14 am »
I can't agree with that. Ian Holm, John Hurt, Tom Skerritt, Yaphet Kotto, Harry Dean Stanton versus erm Michael Biehn, Bill Paxton, some bloke from My Two Dads and a typical James Cameron token Latino girl soldier.

It's a great romp like Andy says but James Cameron versus Ridley Scott?  :lmao
Concur with all that. I think those saying Aliens is the better film are just nuts... and I've loved Aliens since I was a kid!

Alien has much better acting and dialogue; a more oppressive atmosphere; utterly immersive, beautiful and truly innovative (unique for its time) art direction; far fewer silly moments, and a genuinely terrifying creature at its centre (again, unique for its time). Aliens labours under this pretty dumbass impression that if one Xenomorph is scary, then hundreds of Xenomorphs plus a big-arsed Queen Xenomorph, versus a bunch of meathead Space Marines with massive guns, has got to be scarier... only it isn't. That said, there are loads of awesome bits in it, and Bishop is great.

I mostly enjoy Aliens in the same way I enjoy Predator and Terminator 2, mostly.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: April 2, 2012, 10:47:07 am »
Concur with all that. I think those saying Aliens is the better film are just nuts... and I've loved Aliens since I was a kid!

Alien has much better acting and dialogue; a more oppressive atmosphere; utterly immersive, beautiful and truly innovative (unique for its time) art direction; far fewer silly moments, and a genuinely terrifying creature at its centre (again, unique for its time). Aliens labours under this pretty dumbass impression that if one Xenomorph is scary, then hundreds of Xenomorphs plus a big-arsed Queen Xenomorph, versus a bunch of meathead Space Marines with massive guns, has got to be scarier... only it isn't. That said, there are loads of awesome bits in it, and Bishop is great.

I mostly enjoy Aliens in the same way I enjoy Predator and Terminator 2, mostly.

Bang on. I love Aliens like I love Predator, it's a fantastic action film. But Alien wipes the floor with it as a piece of cinema.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: April 2, 2012, 10:49:08 am »
I've watched Aliens more than Alien, mainly for the fact that I don't want to have to sit and wait in anticipation for something to happen, whereas in the second you can just switch off and enjoy.

Alien is better, but Aliens is by no means shite as some posts would suggest.

Offline Chavvie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: April 2, 2012, 10:56:28 am »
No point comparing the two films because they're totally different. Besides, why would anyone want to criticise Aliens, one of the best movies of its type ever. Alien is the better movie in a number of ways of course but just enjoy them both I say.

As for Bill Paxton - "Hey I don't wanna rain on your parade but we just got our asses kicked!" Hero.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #517 on: April 2, 2012, 01:03:19 pm »
Ah, i know where your coming from but look up Rotten Tomatoes and IMDb

First one was a classic but second was far from a romp... many would argue including myself

Not saying I didn't enjoy the second one. But it wasn't a patch on the first one.

It was basically Cameron saying "Let's blow the shite out of loads of aliens while running around a lot, nuking a planet for a laugh and sticking in loads of gore and shit hot technological effects"

Loved the second one. Thought it was brilliant. But the first was a classic from start to finish.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #519 on: April 2, 2012, 01:16:19 pm »
will go down in folklore as the man to have met his death in the predator, terminator and alien franchises. legend. :D

He shares that honour with Lance Henriksen...
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."