Author Topic: The BBC  (Read 130144 times)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The BBC
« Reply #1880 on: March 4, 2024, 03:59:15 pm »
As the comments say, she deliberately avoided mentioning the serious economic damage from Brexit and the catastrophic of that Truss/Kwarteng fuckwittery.

https://twitter.com/mikegalsworthy/status/1764671237299601767

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #1881 on: March 4, 2024, 10:47:59 pm »
That's polite.
Anyone who stuck up for Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson in any capacity is a bad bad gobshite c*nt.
She really does need fucking off.

That's quite a charge...

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1882 on: March 6, 2024, 12:58:09 pm »
MP says depiction of Milton Keynes in EastEnders is 'out of order'

An MP has said that the way Milton Keynes has been portrayed in EastEnders was "out of order".

On Monday the character of Bianca Jackson, played by Patsy Palmer, returned to screens in scenes set in her home in Milton Keynes.

In one scene a child character living in Milton Keynes was described as not being in school and instead "roaming the estate, carting drugs around, eating out of bins".

Ben Everitt, the MP for Milton Keynes North, said he was unhappy with the portrayal.

The Conservative MP said he would be contacting producers of the programme to suggest writing another storyline about "some of the brilliant parts of Milton Keynes".
It's quite funny seeing an MP reacting to something like that.  I've not watched Eastenders for well over a decade but I do remember the Bianca Jackson character and it's not unexpected she's living in one of the not-so-brilliant parts of Milton Keynes.  People getting triggered that the curtain is pulled back on the whitewashed view of their city is always an interesting spectacle.

To give Everitt some credit he doesn't seem to be a total headbanger, at least not on this issue.

Mr Everitt said that although the depiction was not a major political issue, it was important to him that the city be represented fairly.

He said: "It's fiction, it's a soap opera, it's just the telly... I'm just not happy it's Milton Keynes."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1883 on: March 6, 2024, 01:43:30 pm »
The most shocking element of that report is the quote "some of the brilliant parts of Milton Keynes".

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1884 on: March 6, 2024, 04:10:17 pm »
It's quite funny seeing an MP reacting to something like that.  I've not watched Eastenders for well over a decade but I do remember the Bianca Jackson character and it's not unexpected she's living in one of the not-so-brilliant parts of Milton Keynes.  People getting triggered that the curtain is pulled back on the whitewashed view of their city is always an interesting spectacle.

To give Everitt some credit he doesn't seem to be a total headbanger, at least not on this issue.

I used to catch the train from MK for home games while living near MK years ago.  All I recall is endless roundabouts driving to and from the train station.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1885 on: March 6, 2024, 08:07:58 pm »
I used to catch the train from MK for home games while living near MK years ago.  All I recall is endless roundabouts driving to and from the train station.

Full of them, roundabouts and speed bumps. I've done loads of jobs in MK, never seen any rough parts but it is a pretty depressing place to live.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #1886 on: March 15, 2024, 10:45:30 am »
BBC politics has been poor for a long time - radio and tv is where the moneys worth comes from.
I gave up on Question Time ages ago. Fiona Bruce is up there with Kuenssberg as a Tory mouthpiece and the panel always seems to involves a right wing extremist. The number of times Kate Andrews and Camilla Tominey have appeared is truly shocking and last night they gave a platform to the utterly vile Melanie Phillips. I think the program was from Liverpool albeit I've heard that they tend to handpick the audience so perhaps they trawled a few gutters for the odd Tory around here. Anyone watch it?

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1887 on: March 15, 2024, 11:24:38 am »
I gave up on Question Time ages ago. Fiona Bruce is up there with Kuenssberg as a Tory mouthpiece and the panel always seems to involves a right wing extremist. The number of times Kate Andrews and Camilla Tominey have appeared is truly shocking and last night they gave a platform to the utterly vile Melanie Phillips. I think the program was from Liverpool albeit I've heard that they tend to handpick the audience so perhaps they trawled a few gutters for the odd Tory around here. Anyone watch it?

Got about half way through before I sacked it off. Just find it a very frustrating watch these days.

Good that they let that Philips creature spout her vile shite uninterrupted for about five full minutes on how there’s no humanitarian issues in Gaza.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1888 on: March 15, 2024, 11:58:11 am »
Didn't agree with her but I think it's easy to judge people from a comfy armchair rather than a war zone.

I think if we were living in a place were we just had some of our family or friends beheaded and raped, with the perpetrators telling us they would be invading to do it again soon as they can, we would possibly also be blinded and completely bias in our viewpoints. Obviously vice-versa too.

Bruce did stop her at one point to point out a couple of things but she should have not let her rant on for so long. She is clearly way too emotionally involved and Bruce should have done a much better job mediating her and allowing her to cool off, or not been allowed on in the first place.

BBC just care about ratings though, they don't care about how fires can get stoked or divisions made. They absolutely love a good divisive panel, ever since they let that twat from the fucking BNP on.

Online LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #1889 on: March 15, 2024, 12:47:12 pm »
Didn't agree with her but I think it's easy to judge people from a comfy armchair rather than a war zone.
Melanie Phillips is a bigot  (anti-Irish, anti-gay, anti-Islam), a climate change denier and a supporter of that menace who promoted the idea that the MMR vaccine is harmful. I wouldn't believe a thing she has to say about the "issue-that-shall-not-be-referenced" and her opinions on other matters alone should have been enough to disqualify her from appearing. The number of occasions that the likes of her have been on Question Time is shocking. Fiona Bruce alone is balance enough for the far right.

Online RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #1890 on: March 15, 2024, 12:50:54 pm »

I think if we were living in a place were we just had some of our family or friends beheaded and raped, with the perpetrators telling us they would be invading to do it again soon as they can, we would possibly also be blinded and completely bias in our viewpoints. Obviously vice-versa too.

Bruce did stop her at one point to point out a couple of things but she should have not let her rant on for so long. She is clearly way too emotionally involved and Bruce should have done a much better job mediating her and allowing her to cool off, or not been allowed on in the first place.

BBC just care about ratings though, they don't care about how fires can get stoked or divisions made. They absolutely love a good divisive panel, ever since they let that twat from the fucking BNP on.

It's not a warzone it's a turkey shoot.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #1891 on: March 15, 2024, 01:06:55 pm »

Was an ok show last night, as I would expect from Liverpool, though <50% scouse voices in the audience it seemed.

Other than Phillips having a complete meltdown, it was mainly the audience roaring with laughter at every statement that came out of the Tory's mouth. SNP ripping into the Tory quite a lot, playing to the Liverpool audience I thought. Jonathan Reynolds I thought seemed quite measured when he spoke, otherwise mainly sat back and let others + audience rip into the Tory. Ayesha Hazarika was impassioned and let neither the Tory or the Phillips creature get away with their bile.

Bruce didn't do much baiting of opposition guests tonight, maybe because the Tory and the Phillips thing just couldn't help themselves.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1892 on: March 15, 2024, 02:02:17 pm »
Melanie Phillips is a bigot  (anti-Irish, anti-gay, anti-Islam), a climate change denier and a supporter of that menace who promoted the idea that the MMR vaccine is harmful. I wouldn't believe a thing she has to say about the "issue-that-shall-not-be-referenced" and her opinions on other matters alone should have been enough to disqualify her from appearing. The number of occasions that the likes of her have been on Question Time is shocking. Fiona Bruce alone is balance enough for the far right.

That just makes you sound blinded with bias yourself.

Bruce is damned if she does or doesn't most weeks. Thought she started off her career quite poorly but levels it out most weeks. Impossible job though.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1893 on: March 15, 2024, 02:05:23 pm »
Was an ok show last night, as I would expect from Liverpool, though <50% scouse voices in the audience it seemed.

Other than Phillips having a complete meltdown, it was mainly the audience roaring with laughter at every statement that came out of the Tory's mouth. SNP ripping into the Tory quite a lot, playing to the Liverpool audience I thought. Jonathan Reynolds I thought seemed quite measured when he spoke, otherwise mainly sat back and let others + audience rip into the Tory. Ayesha Hazarika was impassioned and let neither the Tory or the Phillips creature get away with their bile.

Bruce didn't do much baiting of opposition guests tonight, maybe because the Tory and the Phillips thing just couldn't help themselves.

Yeah always the same. They always say at the start don't they that it's a balance of views from across the country etc, so I guess in the BBC's constant desperate attempts to be 'balanced' they have to drag tory voters from outside the city, wirral etc. Even so the tory gobshite got a proper good kicking which was great to see, especially from Ayesha Hazarika who was in good form.

Online LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #1894 on: March 15, 2024, 02:46:10 pm »
That just makes you sound blinded with bias yourself.

Bruce is damned if she does or doesn't most weeks. Thought she started off her career quite poorly but levels it out most weeks. Impossible job though.
On the contrary - Fiona Bruce regularly gives the likes of Phillips far too much time to air their views whilst interrupting others - mainly from the left. Then there's the appalling way she jumped into the conversation about Stanley Johnson beating his wife with "It was a one-off".

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1895 on: March 15, 2024, 02:52:25 pm »
On the contrary - Fiona Bruce regularly gives the likes of Phillips far too much time to air their views whilst interrupting others - mainly from the left. Then there's the appalling way she jumped into the conversation about Stanley Johnson beating his wife with "It was a one-off".

Yeah fair enough I get that, but you go on some fucked up right wing forum and I guarantee they will be saying the opposite, while also stating many similar examples.

Not saying she herself is not bias either way, she'll vote for one or the other, pretty much like the bias of a manc ref. It's hard to decipher though and not sure she would be that arsed, as unlike a ref can titles, she can't exactly dictate outcomes of elections.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1896 on: March 15, 2024, 03:13:31 pm »
Thought the Liverpool crowd were good. Tory got laughed at, Phillips got called a c*nt and most of it was criticism towards the government on all the subject.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #1897 on: March 15, 2024, 05:02:49 pm »
Yeah always the same. They always say at the start don't they that it's a balance of views from across the country etc, so I guess in the BBC's constant desperate attempts to be 'balanced' they have to drag tory voters from outside the city, wirral etc. Even so the tory gobshite got a proper good kicking which was great to see, especially from Ayesha Hazarika who was in good form.

Yeah, you're right, that's probably what they try to do. Makes it a fairer reflection on what the country is thinking though, since not one hand went up when the audience were asked if they thought Gove's extremism plans were going to work.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #1898 on: March 15, 2024, 05:03:29 pm »
Thought the Liverpool crowd were good. Tory got laughed at, Phillips got called a c*nt and most of it was criticism towards the government on all the subject.

'Called' suggests a slur. It's not.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1899 on: March 15, 2024, 05:08:15 pm »
Literally? :o
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1900 on: March 15, 2024, 05:11:56 pm »
'Called' suggests a slur. It's not.
This better?
Thought the Liverpool crowd were good. Tory got laughed at, Phillips got called was identified as a c*nt and most of it was criticism towards the government on all the subject.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1901 on: March 15, 2024, 05:51:02 pm »
Yeah fair enough I get that, but you go on some fucked up right wing forum and I guarantee they will be saying the opposite, while also stating many similar examples.

Not saying she herself is not bias either way, she'll vote for one or the other, pretty much like the bias of a manc ref. It's hard to decipher though and not sure she would be that arsed, as unlike a ref can titles, she can't exactly dictate outcomes of elections.

You're not going to get reasoned or logical debate on there though. They would think the likes of May or Cameron are a loony lefty.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1902 on: March 27, 2024, 01:14:41 pm »
Full article: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2024/mar/27/russell-t-davies-says-end-of-bbc-is-undoubtedly-on-its-way

Russell T Davies says end of BBC is ‘undoubtedly on its way’

Doctor Who showrunner is trying to ensure that the fantasy drama outlasts the broadcaster

peaking on television podcast They Like to Watch, Doctor Who showrunner Russell T Davies explains that there is a good reason for the fantasy drama being co-produced with Disney: it means that its survival doesn’t require the continued existence of the BBC.

“You’ve got to look in the long term at the end of the BBC, which is undoubtedly on its way in some shape or form,” says Davies.

“Is Doctor Who going to die then? No! You’ve got to prepare for that kind of stuff.”

The lack of lavish BBC budgets is another reason that Davies claims Doctor Who’s future requires Disney’s involvement – particularly in a world where high-budget productions are increasingly the norm, as Doctor Who needs “to be up there with the big hitters”.

“If Disney collapsed tomorrow and we had to go back to making Doctor Who on a normal BBC budget, you know what? We’d all rally round and make it and suddenly the stories would become claustrophobic ghost stories,” he says.

“A lot of people would like that very much, so I’m not saying you have to have this happen. But while it’s happening elsewhere, I think it’s unfair that it doesn’t happen to Doctor Who.”

Davies’ comments are part of an interview with podcasters Geoff Lloyd and Sara Barron, on topics including camera techniques, scriptwriting and the unlikeliness of Disney creating a Doctor Who Disneyland-style experience, given that a previous, Cardiff-based experience closed due to lack of profitability, costing tax payers £1.1m (“That Doctor Who experience lost a lot of money”).

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1903 on: March 27, 2024, 01:51:37 pm »
Full article: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2024/mar/27/russell-t-davies-says-end-of-bbc-is-undoubtedly-on-its-way

Russell T Davies says end of BBC is ‘undoubtedly on its way’

Doctor Who showrunner is trying to ensure that the fantasy drama outlasts the broadcaster

peaking on television podcast They Like to Watch, Doctor Who showrunner Russell T Davies explains that there is a good reason for the fantasy drama being co-produced with Disney: it means that its survival doesn’t require the continued existence of the BBC.

“You’ve got to look in the long term at the end of the BBC, which is undoubtedly on its way in some shape or form,” says Davies.

“Is Doctor Who going to die then? No! You’ve got to prepare for that kind of stuff.”

The lack of lavish BBC budgets is another reason that Davies claims Doctor Who’s future requires Disney’s involvement – particularly in a world where high-budget productions are increasingly the norm, as Doctor Who needs “to be up there with the big hitters”.

“If Disney collapsed tomorrow and we had to go back to making Doctor Who on a normal BBC budget, you know what? We’d all rally round and make it and suddenly the stories would become claustrophobic ghost stories,” he says.

“A lot of people would like that very much, so I’m not saying you have to have this happen. But while it’s happening elsewhere, I think it’s unfair that it doesn’t happen to Doctor Who.”

Davies’ comments are part of an interview with podcasters Geoff Lloyd and Sara Barron, on topics including camera techniques, scriptwriting and the unlikeliness of Disney creating a Doctor Who Disneyland-style experience, given that a previous, Cardiff-based experience closed due to lack of profitability, costing tax payers £1.1m (“That Doctor Who experience lost a lot of money”).

Yeah, because in the heyday of the BBC and Doctor Who the sets were really lavish

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: March 27, 2024, 02:06:38 pm »
With friends like these, eh? Never really rated Davies as a writer anyway though, I'd be quite happy if he went to Disney full time for a bit.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1905 on: March 27, 2024, 02:08:34 pm »
I like the sound of these “claustrophobic ghost stories”. I’d also like see more 20th century episodes (sorta like Life on Mars era) where costs may not be so high.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1906 on: March 27, 2024, 02:10:35 pm »
I like the sound of these “claustrophobic ghost stories”. I’d also like see more 20th century episodes (sorta like Life on Mars era) where costs may not be so high.

Appreciation here for the 20th century being referred to as the "Life on Mars era" ;D

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1907 on: March 27, 2024, 02:13:49 pm »
Appreciation here for the 20th century being referred to as the "Life on Mars era" ;D

Wasn’t it? 😂

I’ve always wondered who supplies the cars for BBC series - they all seem the same whether in Life on Mars or up to date shows.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1908 on: March 27, 2024, 02:18:03 pm »
With friends like these, eh? Never really rated Davies as a writer anyway though, I'd be quite happy if he went to Disney full time for a bit.

Indeed, Torchwood wasn't it where he tried to create his own personal 'adult' targeted Doctor Who, that was shit and disappeared quickly.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1909 on: March 27, 2024, 02:25:55 pm »
Wasn’t it? 😂

I’ve always wondered who supplies the cars for BBC series - they all seem the same whether in Life on Mars or up to date shows.

I just like the idea that that's how the entire century will be regarded by generations centuries down the line!

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1910 on: March 27, 2024, 04:50:46 pm »
By the time of the 7th Doctor, the Beeb were spending £100k per episode. That was a lot for them, but paled against the $1m per episode TNG was getting at the same time. No wonder they wanted to kill it.

Nu-Who improved things, but it's clear they can't support the show financially when competing in a saturated market. The creeping Americanisation of the show is inevitable at this point.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1911 on: March 29, 2024, 06:44:51 pm »
I just like the idea that that's how the entire century will be regarded by generations centuries down the line!
Luckily it covers two time periods with 2? Decades in between. So arguably covers a third of the century.
Bloody great series mind. Must find a way to rewatch that.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1912 on: March 30, 2024, 09:38:51 am »
I haven't got a TV License, I don't need one as I don't watch TV, non of it, ever.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1913 on: March 30, 2024, 09:47:56 am »
Wasn’t it? 😂

There's a few companies such as Moorhouse Hire who provide the cars, some own the cars outright and some source them from private owners, so the likelihood is you'll see the same car in different shows.

Missus was watching something the other day and I was confused about what year it was as the cars were all 1990's cars, but one character had a modern Iphone
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1914 on: March 30, 2024, 10:20:12 am »

Missus was watching something the other day and I was confused about what year it was as the cars were all 1990's cars, but one character had a modern Iphone
Blimey! I haven't seen the latest ones. How many miles to the gallon do you get out of them?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1915 on: March 30, 2024, 10:50:10 am »
Blimey! I haven't seen the latest ones. How many miles to the gallon do you get out of them?

I used to get about 20-25mpg in my 2.0L Capri, petrol was about £1.75 to £1.80 a gallon though so it wasn't a worry ;D  When I got a 1991 Sierra Sapphire Ghia in 2000, it did about 38 mpg, I moved locations at work and had a 90 mile a day commute, 22,000 miles a year roughly, petrol was £3.60 a gallon, so I converted it to LPG, 29p a litre/ £1.32 a gallon.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1916 on: March 30, 2024, 11:39:34 am »
I used to get about 20-25mpg in my 2.0L Capri, petrol was about £1.75 to £1.80 a gallon though so it wasn't a worry ;D  When I got a 1991 Sierra Sapphire Ghia in 2000, it did about 38 mpg, I moved locations at work and had a 90 mile a day commute, 22,000 miles a year roughly, petrol was £3.60 a gallon, so I converted it to LPG, 29p a litre/ £1.32 a gallon.
I was talking about the Iphone!
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1917 on: March 30, 2024, 12:58:22 pm »
I was talking about the Iphone!

Too cerebral for a bH weekend :)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1918 on: April 1, 2024, 02:32:21 pm »
The most shocking element of that report is the quote "some of the brilliant parts of Milton Keynes".

I used to do training courses in Milton Keynes in the 90s - absolute shithole.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #1919 on: April 1, 2024, 05:34:22 pm »
I used to do training courses in Milton Keynes in the 90s - absolute shithole.
I spent some time there in the early 90s assisting my eccentric boss with a review of a company's IT systems. He'd arrived a few days before me and had been unable to find anywhere to eat that wasn't a fast food restaurant. By the time I turned up, he'd come up with a cunning plan to find some decent food - specifically that there must be a traditional pub+grub locally, that it would exist on part of the original town/village and that the old town/village could be identified by being on a road that was not part of the grid system. When we finished work for the day, he handed me a map and told me to navigate and we spent over an hour touring bends in the road in Milton Keynes with not a pub in sight. We'd have been there longer if I hadn't threatened to eat him (I get cross when I'm hungry) and we duly ended up in Stony Stratford.  ;D