Author Topic: Álisson Ramsés Becker  (Read 963223 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alisson Ramses Becker
« Reply #360 on: July 20, 2018, 02:12:59 pm »
The market for elite keepers is not exactly liquid, so we don't really know what the best would go for (in their primes). Now add the crazy transfer fee inflation of the last 2 years, and the fact that keepers may be significantly undervalued at the moment, and you can see how 65 million doesn't sound so bad!

Transfermarkt has De Gea as worth £63m (last updated in May) and Courtois at ~£58m - latter likely to move but contract situation will possibly half that, Alisson was valued at ~£54m before we came in for him. There's a load of factors to consider, the biggest one being is that none of this is coming out of our pocket so why do we care.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: July 20, 2018, 02:17:32 pm »
He's an absolute unit. Remember thinking that when we played Roma in the CL when signing him was just a pipe dream.

Looking forward to my confidence being restored in the goalkeeper position for the first time in a long time.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #362 on: July 20, 2018, 02:18:09 pm »
In a market where you get £10m for a 25 year old keeper who has played about 60 competitive games (between Scottish PL and Championship), it makes the Alisson fee seem relatively cheap.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: July 20, 2018, 02:19:40 pm »
Talent and ability. You can coach all you want, but some players are more talented than others, and no amount of coaching changes that. Becker is the more talented goalie between the two, regardless of age.

Coaching helps you but you have to have something to begin with. They [coaches] aren't magicians.

Five years younger than Migs and already a better gk.  That said, Reina was never the same after Hodgson's gk coach worked his magic on him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #364 on: July 20, 2018, 02:22:02 pm »
His footwork,  seeing him deceive strikers, seeing him fly across the goal to make a save,those reflexes and his ability to jump up again quickly after diving to make a save, he is among one of the most agile goalkeepers I have seen ...  reminds me of spiderman

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #365 on: July 20, 2018, 02:27:56 pm »
Listen, ive seen about a dozen girl posts gushing about his handsome handsomeness being all handsome, read articles saying hes a sex symbol in brazil, and so on and so forth.

Look, somebody's gotta address the elephant in the room. This is a serious situation we cant allow fake news to sneak into the otherwise pristine RAWK grapevine reporting system. Nivea is one of our sponsors the man can get through this and come out the other side the stronger for it, if we just face up to the facts.

https://youtu.be/tJOmgeA8fTs

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: July 20, 2018, 02:31:35 pm »
His footwork,  seeing him deceive strikers, seeing him fly across the goal to make a save,those reflexes and his ability to jump up again quickly after diving to make a save, he is among one of the most agile goalkeepers I have seen ...  reminds me of spiderman

Next season if we have a player sent off we might move Alisson to midfield and put Karius back in goal. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: July 20, 2018, 02:36:56 pm »
In a market where you get £10m for a 25 year old keeper who has played about 60 competitive games (between Scottish PL and Championship), it makes the Alisson fee seem relatively cheap.

Playing slight devil's advocate here, but we paid £60+ million for a 25 year old who has a whopping one season's experience in a top league. There really isn't much that makes his fee seem relatively cheap.  ;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Online Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #368 on: July 20, 2018, 02:38:39 pm »
If he sustains his performance from last year, I think it's the best signing we've made this summer (including Keita), and probably the best signing we could have realistically made at any position, full-stop. And despite the headline world record fee, I think 65 million is actually *cheap*, again, if he sustains his performance.

The market for elite keepers is not exactly liquid, so we don't really know what the best would go for (in their primes). Now add the crazy transfer fee inflation of the last 2 years, and the fact that keepers may be significantly undervalued at the moment, and you can see how 65 million doesn't sound so bad!
Besides, there's 9 million in add-ons, which if we meet those will be a pittance.

Online Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #369 on: July 20, 2018, 02:39:11 pm »
Playing slight devil's advocate here, but we paid £60+ million for a 25 year old who has a whopping one season's experience in a top league. There really isn't much that makes his fee seem relatively cheap.  ;D
56 + addons

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: July 20, 2018, 02:41:06 pm »
56 + addons

I just assumed we'll meet most of those add-ons relatively easily over the coming seasons.  ;)

Online PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: July 20, 2018, 02:43:32 pm »

+ national team experience...

would not be the first time a player had a fast rise to the top... i would not be worried about how long he played in top league..

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: July 20, 2018, 02:44:43 pm »
Andy Carroll cost £35 million. So this transfer is effectively £32 million + Andy Carroll, which is a bargain. Hard to argue with this logic.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #373 on: July 20, 2018, 02:45:59 pm »
Welcome. His English is a lot better than I was expecting, which is pretty cool.

Me too... was worried about this part of bedding in.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #374 on: July 20, 2018, 02:52:09 pm »
Welcome!
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #375 on: July 20, 2018, 02:52:45 pm »
Watch Alisson perform any of the skills listed above and you will not see a showman with a professional death wish, but a self-assured goalkeeper who has earned the complete trust of his team. "He's the goalkeeper of the future," Roma manager Eusebio di Francesco said. The evolution of the species in his position.

Awaits Capon's 2001 Space Odyssey tribute - load of normal goalies sitting on their arses in the dust, suddenly strange obelisk appears. Next day large bloke with no socks but loads of dosh emerges (sausage in hand) to subjugate planet earth.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #376 on: July 20, 2018, 02:53:38 pm »

to be honest he played 115 times for Internacional , 64 times for Roma (23 in the CL) and 31 times for Brazil.

Slight difference to playing for Huddersfield and Aberdeen  ;D

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #377 on: July 20, 2018, 03:12:06 pm »
to be honest he played 115 times for Internacional , 64 times for Roma (23 in the CL) and 31 times for Brazil.

Slight difference to playing for Huddersfield and Aberdeen  ;D

And Wales!
Internet terrorist

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #378 on: July 20, 2018, 03:15:58 pm »
Karius is a still a young keeper.

The new Ben Foster  ;D

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: July 20, 2018, 03:28:37 pm »
He looks huge when standing in the goal, some of the save he has made on the compilation videos are astounding, he seems to be able to instantly dive laterally for bloody miles!

Also fair few double saves that whet the palate, his reaction time and speed when coming out are a delight.

I am totally in awe, I feel a little giddy, this mountain of a man could be so important for us, for years to come
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 03:31:41 pm by Trim0582 »

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: July 20, 2018, 03:32:24 pm »
Listen, ive seen about a dozen girl posts gushing about his handsome handsomeness being all handsome, read articles saying hes a sex symbol in brazil, and so on and so forth.

Look, somebody's gotta address the elephant in the room. This is a serious situation we cant allow fake news to sneak into the otherwise pristine RAWK grapevine reporting system. Nivea is one of our sponsors the man can get through this and come out the other side the stronger for it, if we just face up to the facts.

https://youtu.be/tJOmgeA8fTs

Yeah odd, face like Tommy Lee-Jones with a beard

However, if he keeps making those saves, I still would.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: July 20, 2018, 03:40:11 pm »
Well I was quite happy to go into next season with Karius as the #1 keeper, since grabbing the first team spot up to the Ramos incident he's been at the very least a top 10 keeper in the league (and I'd argue a lot better than that, but that's beside the point). Now we're at a point where our #1 is the most expensive keeper ever, a Brazil starter (ahead of Ederson, who starts for the league champions) and if Courtois leaves we can safely say one of the top 3 keepers in the league, while our #2 is the best backup keeper in the league and better than at least half the starters in the league. Happy days  ;D

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: July 20, 2018, 03:41:23 pm »
Well I was quite happy to go into next season with Karius as the #1 keeper, since grabbing the first team spot up to the Ramos incident he's been at the very least a top 10 keeper in the league (and I'd argue a lot better than that, but that's beside the point). Now we're at a point where our #1 is the most expensive keeper ever, a Brazil starter (ahead of Ederson, who starts for the league champions) and if Courtois leaves we can safely say one of the top 3 keepers in the league, while our #2 is the best backup keeper in the league and better than at least half the starters in the league. Happy days  ;D

You were happy having a top 10 goalkeeper in the league.

Would you be happy if we finished tenth then?

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: July 20, 2018, 03:41:45 pm »
You don't win anything at the start of a transfer of course - the ultimate outcome will only be revealed with time...getting all that out of the way, we're in the midst of a cycle of signing players who aren't just good with the potential to be top class, they already come with a big reputation - Van Dijk, Keita, now Alisson. It's a measure of the current reputation of this cycle under Klopp I suppose, when in the past we mostly were a place where good players came to become great. Critical juncture in Klopp's project here, the next two seasons;very well poised to go for the title, the top trophies, let's hope they go that final step and get it done.

Alisson is known, perform to his level and that position is sorted for years.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: July 20, 2018, 03:43:58 pm »
You were happy having a top 10 goalkeeper in the league.

Would you be happy if we finished tenth then?

Nah, I said I think he's way better than 10th, but that wasn't the point of the post.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: July 20, 2018, 03:44:18 pm »
With the footwork he has, he should be given #10

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: July 20, 2018, 03:49:26 pm »
Nah, I said I think he's way better than 10th, but that wasn't the point of the post.

There are very few metrics or eye tests which would agree with that... Either way it makes little sense to be happy with a 'top ten' starting player at a club aiming for the title.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #387 on: July 20, 2018, 03:50:15 pm »
Yeah odd, face like Tommy Lee-Jones with a beard

However, if he keeps making those saves, I still would.

Thats the Spirit! Keep it....um...up.....
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #388 on: July 20, 2018, 03:56:31 pm »
There are very few metrics or eye tests which would agree with that... Either way it makes little sense to be happy with a 'top ten' starting player at a club aiming for the title.

We've got an awesome new keeper, you can honestly lay off the lad now. There's a very decent chance he doesn't start a meaningful game for us again, just be happy.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: July 20, 2018, 03:58:44 pm »
With the footwork he has, he should be given #10

Mane has taken that number. Got in there quick before Becker could  :D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: July 20, 2018, 04:00:46 pm »
We've got an awesome new keeper, you can honestly lay off the lad now. There's a very decent chance he doesn't start a meaningful game for us again, just be happy.

I hope we hang on to Karius - very rare to have such a quality keeper as sub. He'll play in either the league cup final or FA Cup final in 2019.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: July 20, 2018, 04:09:08 pm »
Love how Alisson Becker (Actress) is trolling LFC fans on twitter.  ;D Too bad our Alisson isn't going to the US, missed photo op.  ;D

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: July 20, 2018, 04:15:07 pm »
Transfermarkt has De Gea as worth £63m (last updated in May) and Courtois at ~£58m - latter likely to move but contract situation will possibly half that, Alisson was valued at ~£54m before we came in for him. There's a load of factors to consider, the biggest one being is that none of this is coming out of our pocket so why do we care.

Considering we’ve paid £56m, then that’s pretty much bang on (we only pay £65m if we win the league and CL, which would increase his value anyway probably).
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #393 on: July 20, 2018, 04:18:42 pm »
FUCK YEH!

Welcome Allison!! Best signing of the season for me!

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: July 20, 2018, 04:44:37 pm »
Andy Carroll cost £35 million. So this transfer is effectively £32 million + Andy Carroll, which is a bargain. Hard to argue with this logic.
Or a Benteke + Carroll = Alisson.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #395 on: July 20, 2018, 05:05:29 pm »
Love how Alisson Becker (Actress) is trolling LFC fans on twitter.  ;D Too bad our Alisson isn't going to the US, missed photo op.  ;D
Her middle name isn't Ramses by any chance.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: July 20, 2018, 05:24:08 pm »
No messing around. Fantastic signing indeed.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-A01W using Tapatalk

bollocks

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: July 20, 2018, 05:31:37 pm »
Can't find the thread now, but I advocated spending big on a goalie was they way to go, pleased we have. There were loads on RAWK telling everyone that Karius was boss and were happy to go with him as No.1, massive amounts of stats and great thought out points of view were expressed. I'm made up none of them will get to witness a possible unraveling of him on a football pitch. This fella we have bought looks class and will hopefully transform us and bring a much needed improvement and consistency to the team like VVD has done.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #398 on: July 20, 2018, 05:35:15 pm »

I love how her normal tweets get around 3 or 4 comments, and a handful (10-30) of retweets and likes, yet the one mentioning us got 2,000 comments, 20,000 retweets and 56,000 likes  ;D ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #399 on: July 20, 2018, 05:35:57 pm »
Can't find the thread now, but I advocated spending big on a goalie was they way to go, pleased we have. There were loads on RAWK telling everyone that Karius was boss and were happy to go with him as No.1, massive amounts of stats and great thought out points of view were expressed. I'm made up none of them will get to witness a possible unraveling of him on a football pitch. This fella we have bought looks class and will hopefully transform us and bring a much needed improvement and consistency to the team like VVD has done.

Everyone loves a look at me, I told you so, post  ::)