Author Topic: LFC Squad - World Cup Break  (Read 45437 times)

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC Squad - World Cup Break
« Reply #640 on: December 19, 2022, 11:02:17 am »
Thank fuck that shite is over.

Hopefully back to proper football now and not that steaming pile of donkey evacuated sweetcorn infested diarrhoea
Strange comment.
Because the last 4 months we have been far worse to watch than what was on show at the WC.

Hopefully we turn things around. We literally had so many unacceptable performances like Man Utd,Napoli away,Leeds,Brighton,Forest. Everton & Fulham quite bad as well.
Arsenal 2nd half & Spurs 2nd half not great either.

We have got to improve. No more excuses because our start to the season has been so bad.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #641 on: December 19, 2022, 11:04:43 am »
Strange comment.
Because the last 4 months we have been far worse to watch than what was on show at the WC.

Hopefully we turn things around. We literally had so many unacceptable performances like Man Utd,Napoli away,Leeds,Brighton,Forest. Everton & Fulham quite bad as well.

We have got to improve. No more excuses because our start to the season has been so bad.

Kinell with fans like you..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #642 on: December 19, 2022, 11:08:06 am »
Exactly, this World Cup was refreshing break from the cheating refs, opposition fans singing disgraceful songs and City/Pep cry-arsing their way to another title.
Can Premier League refs implement the method of "additional time" in the World Cup 2022?

I find that it's really fair and useful for BOTH teams in the game where the head collision simulation doers are not going to keep faking it again and again.

I mean... What's the point of football if you keep faking it. I really really hope Premier League refs will emulate the fairness of "additional time" here, as in the World Cup to avoid all of the cheating divers.

It's truly refreshing to be honest.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: December 19, 2022, 11:10:20 am »
Strange comment.

Pretty confident that we will see a very good return to form for a lot of players. Many lads have had a good breather, and had ample time to get their conditioning right for an intense 2nd half to the season. We also have many players returning from injuries, and very few of our international lads went very deep in the WC so hopefully they won't be completely knackered. We are 7 points off 4th place, so plenty of work to be done but I think we can get there.

The one worry I do have is that we saw a significant downturn in form for Salah after the way the lost the AFCON final. Hopefully World Cup disappointment won't our players too much.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: December 19, 2022, 11:31:18 am »
Pretty confident that we will see a very good return to form for a lot of players. Many lads have had a good breather, and had ample time to get their conditioning right for an intense 2nd half to the season. We also have many players returning from injuries, and very few of our international lads went very deep in the WC so hopefully they won't be completely knackered. We are 7 points off 4th place, so plenty of work to be done but I think we can get there.

The one worry I do have is that we saw a significant downturn in form for Salah after the way the lost the AFCON final. Hopefully World Cup disappointment won't our players too much.
I think we will as well.
This squad has always responded after a downturn.

Diaz injury a huge blow though

Im jutrs glad of the World Cup break because the start to the season was painful to watch despite a good ending to it

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: December 19, 2022, 12:48:13 pm »
Can Premier League refs implement the method of "additional time" in the World Cup 2022?

I find that it's really fair and useful for BOTH teams in the game where the head collision simulation doers are not going to keep faking it again and again.

I mean... What's the point of football if you keep faking it. I really really hope Premier League refs will emulate the fairness of "additional time" here, as in the World Cup to avoid all of the cheating divers.

It's truly refreshing to be honest.
at first I found it laughable - 8 minutes added when no major injuries? - but quickly got used to it.

like you say, it's the only way to deal with the simulated-injury twats.

if it's gonna take hold, I'd like to see the rules spelled out though to avoid managers whinging non-stop about it.  I think at the moment it's a rule-of-thumb thing (eg a substitution = 30 seconds, a goal = 30 seconds etc) regardless of what actually happens?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 12:50:09 pm by SamLad »

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #646 on: December 19, 2022, 02:00:55 pm »
Nah, we'll see 15 minutes of time wasting in the 2nd half, a booking for the keeper on 89 and then 4 minutes added on.

Like it always has been.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: December 19, 2022, 02:06:19 pm »
Nah, we'll see 15 minutes of time wasting in the 2nd half, a booking for the keeper on 89 and then 4 minutes added on.

Like it always has been.
after his 8th warning ....

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #648 on: December 19, 2022, 03:04:24 pm »

I thought they had already said they would not be doing it when the Premier League returned
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #649 on: December 19, 2022, 03:16:16 pm »
I thought they had already said they would not be doing it when the Premier League returned

Presumably Sky Sports would be the first to object.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #650 on: December 19, 2022, 03:52:08 pm »

Michael Oliver seemed to refuse in the knockout games he took charge of!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #651 on: December 19, 2022, 03:59:44 pm »
Why can't they just stop the clock, it's not hard and then people can stop being surprised when they hold that board up.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the reds again this week, missed it.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
« Reply #652 on: December 19, 2022, 10:40:37 pm »
i think the strict time keeping at the world cup was the one posative thing to come out of these games i would like to see it add to all football ...how many times do we moan about others time wasting ... bring it in and fast .... and stuff sky and tv scedules they can adjust more footy less hot air after
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......