Poll

Obviously the Brexit effects are only just showing and it's going to get a lot, lot worse.. but for now..

.. Brexit is going great. Sunlit fucking plateaus full of fucking wonder
.. Brexit is just taking time, it'll be reet
Moo!
.. Brexit is pretty bad, but maybe will get better
.. Brexit is terrible
.. Rees Mogg and all the Brexiters should be hung off a lamp-post.
.. Rees Mogg and all the Brexiters should be hung off a lamp-post AND I like cheese

Author Topic: Brexit. the Con continues  (Read 533696 times)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Brexit. the Con continues
« Reply #5960 on: January 5, 2022, 04:11:29 pm »
All got a bit feisty today.  Not sure what Blackford said but must’ve got under Johnson’s skin.

Also good that Beth Rigby released footage of Johnson that shown he was lying today.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #5961 on: January 5, 2022, 04:30:07 pm »
All got a bit feisty today.  Not sure what Blackford said but must’ve got under Johnson’s skin.

Also good that Beth Rigby released footage of Johnson that shown he was lying today.
It seemed like a lot of lies today, he doesn't care. And Labour would make the fuel prices higher too, because 'they want to nationalise the power companies and that would make it worse.'
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5962 on: January 5, 2022, 04:34:17 pm »

Was more peeved off with Raynor for not being prepared with the proof to show Johnson was lying.
She could have turned on him, maybe even pointing a finger, Yes you did, you said you claims about inflation were unfounded in a Sky interview on Oct 5 21.
Johnson would crap himself knowing this sort of scrutiny could happen far more over the next few months.
https://twitter.com/BethRigby/status/1478745681057701893
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5963 on: January 5, 2022, 06:30:48 pm »
It's getting hard to watch but am sure his backbenches know he's in for some serious trouble over the next few months. Inflation. NHS breaking point backlash and Covid. Brexit regulations and shortages in Supermarkets.  think they will wait till the public backlash then bring in a new Tory leader around Summer.

What needs to happen is for people to stop blaming the man and start blaming the fucking party. Replacing the leader is putting lipstick on a pig's head, ready for Cameron to shag it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5964 on: January 5, 2022, 06:40:42 pm »
What needs to happen is for people to stop blaming the man and start blaming the fucking party. Replacing the leader is putting lipstick on a pig's head, ready for Cameron to shag it.

Always thought the pandemic would be the ending of populist right wing chancers where there are free elections.  Generally that appears to be playing out.  Hopefully it’s only a question of time with ours.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5965 on: January 5, 2022, 06:48:24 pm »
Don't see how that would work in practice. someone has to answer for the mess, the PM makes the decisions, he argues and defends those decisions in Parliament, the PM appoints his Cabinet.
Starmers already laid the groundwork to discredit Johnsons replacement, he's pointed at the Tory backbenches a few times over the last few months telling them they are responsible for keeping Johnson in power.

« Last Edit: January 5, 2022, 06:56:13 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5966 on: January 5, 2022, 07:11:08 pm »
Don't see how that would work in practice. someone has to answer for the mess, the PM makes the decisions, he argues and defends those decisions in Parliament, the PM appoints his Cabinet.
Starmers already laid the groundwork to discredit Johnsons replacement, he's pointed at the Tory backbenches a few times over the last few months telling them they are responsible for keeping Johnson in power.

Well my point is hoping that the British people wake up and realise that it doesn't matter which tory is PM, it's the fact they're a tory that's the problem. We've had over ten years of them again and it's a complete clusterfuck, just like last time. Changing the leader won't make a damned bit of difference as they're just swapping out one liar for another.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #5967 on: January 5, 2022, 07:29:29 pm »
I loved Rayner's, "Are you alright Prime Minister"? After one of Johnson's rants - that seemed to go down well, and should be used more often, hopefully becoming a catchphrase.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #5968 on: January 5, 2022, 07:42:23 pm »
I loved Rayner's, "Are you alright Prime Minister"? After one of Johnson's rants - that seemed to go down well, and should be used more often, hopefully becoming a catchphrase.

I quite liked: “Can I suggest to the prime minister: it’s not about brushing your hair, it’s about brushing up on your act.”
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5969 on: January 5, 2022, 07:53:38 pm »
Well my point is hoping that the British people wake up and realise that it doesn't matter which tory is PM, it's the fact they're a tory that's the problem. We've had over ten years of them again and it's a complete clusterfuck, just like last time. Changing the leader won't make a damned bit of difference as they're just swapping out one liar for another.
I doubt if anyone on here would disagree but I don't see much changing in years to come. we will still see and hear the same s,, we hear today in 20y-40yrs from now.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5970 on: January 5, 2022, 07:55:31 pm »
we will still see and hear the same s,, we hear today in 20y-40yrs from now.

We'll have much greater problems to deal with by then.

Climate change will be causing all sorts of death and destruction.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5971 on: January 5, 2022, 07:57:28 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv84OolgBiA
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5972 on: January 5, 2022, 08:04:59 pm »
We'll have much greater problems to deal with by then.

Climate change will be causing all sorts of death and destruction.
Yeah, does your head in.
               Emily Maitlis

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5973 on: January 5, 2022, 08:14:30 pm »
Sorry if this has been posted already

MP Edward Leigh, not getting the Brexit he ordered

https://twitter.com/BestForBritain/status/1478756940280905731
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5974 on: January 5, 2022, 08:28:29 pm »
I doubt if anyone on here would disagree but I don't see much changing in years to come. we will still see and hear the same s,, we hear today in 20y-40yrs from now.

Oh I agree. I'll never understand how voters fall for this BS time after time. The tories learned nothing from 1997.

Popcorn's Art

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5975 on: January 5, 2022, 08:44:06 pm »
Oh I agree. I'll never understand how voters fall for this BS time after time. The tories learned nothing from 1997.
History repeats itself.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #5976 on: January 5, 2022, 10:21:10 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv84OolgBiA
She delivered it better in my head before I saw that .
Wait for him to sit down. Pause. Look concerned. Then say it.
He's on the back foot now for sure though .
Incidentally, the non idealogical reason for privatisation would be to run companies more efficiently. (In built assumption that state run 'companies' are inefficient). Are there good examples where things are run efficiently by the state. I suppose part of the issue is defining efficient. In the private sector, profit is the driver. If we nationalised power, then we'd want cheap energy for consumers, both domestic and commercial. And we'd have to balance green energy. In fact if we could discourage end user wastage, why not provide it for free?  Sorry. Probably needs another thread or two.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5977 on: January 6, 2022, 11:39:07 am »
She delivered it better in my head before I saw that .
Wait for him to sit down. Pause. Look concerned. Then say it.
He's on the back foot now for sure though .

It was a pretty good performance, and she gives the sense that she's far better at skewering Johnson than Starmer.

But she's still a little too reliant on set scripts. When Johnson was blustering about being in the EU not allowing a VAT cut and Raynor supporting Remain, if she'd been a 'top tier' political performer (with a grasp of the full picture) she would have said that she's operating in the here and now, not fighting a battle of 5 years ago and that Labour wants to utilise the current position to benefit 'ordinary working families' (tm) where possible. Then also pointed out a) that up until his tactical switch to being a Leaver to help make him the darling of the Tory Party, he'd been a big supporter of being the EU both in his newspaper articles and when London Mayor; and b) that it was a decision made by the Tory government to leave the European Internal Energy Market, which we could have stayed a member of outside the EU, and which has allowed our European neighbours to pool energy supplies to keep the rises lower than the UK has suffered.

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2018/06/14/brexit-eu-internal-single-energy-market-interconnector/

Incidentally, the non idealogical reason for privatisation would be to run companies more efficiently. (In built assumption that state run 'companies' are inefficient). Are there good examples where things are run efficiently by the state. I suppose part of the issue is defining efficient. In the private sector, profit is the driver. If we nationalised power, then we'd want cheap energy for consumers, both domestic and commercial.

'Increased efficiency' within privatised companies is a horrible misnomer.

In a private company, you have the added costs of paying inflated salary 'packages' to executives & directors, and then losing from the business the dividends paid to shareholders.

To counter that, what's generally involved is cutting staff numbers. Those workers remaining have bigger workloads and worsened work lives. Where the inadequate TUPE can be circumvented, privatised companies will also cut the T&C's and even pay levels of workers; where they don't/can't do this immediately for existing staff, privatised companies will amend the T&C's and pay levels of new starters, so the process is eventually the same but over a longer period.

The above applies to outsourced services, too.

If we look at PPI/PPP in hospitals, before any privatisation the ancillary functions like cleaning, security, maintenance, basic admin, etc were undertaken by NHS employees in secure jobs with decent pay, decent T&Cs, the NHS pension, etc. You look at those jobs now that they've been outsourced/privatised and they're done by demotivated people, often on a temp/agency basis, on minimum wage, poor T&Cs, basic pension provision (usually with no employer contributions).

MEanwhile, the executives/directors of the companies providing the outsourced/privatised functions get 6- and 7-figure salary packages rammed full of perks and bonuses.

It's the ordinary workers who pay the price for 'increased efficiency' - and for the fatcat salaries of executives/directors.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5978 on: January 6, 2022, 09:48:15 pm »
I've no problem with six or seven figure salaries if they are worth it (very hard to judge if worth it, and doubt we can't find someone who would do almost as a good a job but for half the salary. I'm thinking similar with Salah, could we sell him and get two players with 3/4 of his output each). But you've hit the nail on the head about privatisation. It should deliver lower costs , but only manages this at the cost of being a poor employer.  It's a whole other thread so I'll craft a decent opening post and package it up all there.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5979 on: January 7, 2022, 01:32:49 pm »
Don't know about you lot but I find always forget about my text messages begging multi-millionaires to fund my flat redecorations in exchange for a Brexit exhibition.

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5980 on: January 7, 2022, 01:36:30 pm »

Blackford looked almost as angry as I felt as they sat there guffawing and sneering at the incoming misery and plight of millions they claim to represent.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5981 on: January 7, 2022, 11:27:37 pm »
Don't know about you lot but I find always forget about my text messages begging multi-millionaires to fund my flat redecorations in exchange for a Brexit exhibition.

The irony of wanting to call it Festival UK (FUK)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5982 on: January 9, 2022, 03:20:33 pm »
Farmers to have £1.8 billion pre-Brexit cash removed amid warning many will go bust

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/uk-farmers-brexit-eu-cash-307548/

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5983 on: January 10, 2022, 07:03:18 am »
Liz Truss threatening to trigger article 16 of the NI protocol draws as expected a reaction from the EU

https://news.sky.com/story/foreign-secretary-liz-truss-willing-to-trigger-article-16-if-brexit-negotiations-fail-12512099

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5984 on: January 10, 2022, 01:33:51 pm »
Liz Truss threatening to trigger article 16 of the NI protocol draws as expected a reaction from the EU

https://news.sky.com/story/foreign-secretary-liz-truss-willing-to-trigger-article-16-if-brexit-negotiations-fail-12512099
What a load of Bullshit. She not only signed up to those checks, she agreed with us asking the EU to impose the checks on the Irish/UK border to stop a hard border in the Ireland when she supported Johnsons oven ready deal.  what is it with the Torys, as soon as they say let me be clear, they do the opposite and  and muddy the waters to blame others.

"But let me be clear, I will not sign up to anything which sees the people of Northern Ireland unable to benefit from the same decisions on taxation and spending as the rest of the UK, or which still sees goods moving within our own country being subject to checks," she said.

Emily Maitlis

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5985 on: January 13, 2022, 07:42:38 am »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5986 on: January 14, 2022, 01:48:36 pm »
Let’s see what Truss does today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-59971172

Today, Liz Truss will seek to further the Tory tactic of blaming the EU for the UK wanting to renege on a deal it created and signed up to just months ago.

"There is a deal to be done but it will require a pragmatic approach from the EU," said Liz Truss.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5987 on: January 14, 2022, 04:00:13 pm »
Today, Liz Truss will seek to further the Tory tactic of blaming the EU for the UK wanting to renege on a deal it created and signed up to just months ago.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5988 on: January 15, 2022, 09:36:27 am »
Popped into a pet shop earlier to get some treats and stuff for the mutt.  Shelves were rather sparse.  Asked the staff why and they responded ‘a mix of Covid and Brexit’.  I responded ‘is it more brexit?’.  Response ‘it’s all because of Brexit’. 

Sad that even shop workers tread on eggshells because I guess from their perspective I could’ve been a Brexit nutter.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5989 on: January 15, 2022, 09:10:32 pm »
I've yet to get a proper answer from a Brexiteer about how we have benefited from Brexit yet. Just how much of a success it has been 🙄
Nah.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5990 on: January 15, 2022, 09:20:41 pm »
I've yet to get a proper answer from a Brexiteer about how we have benefited from Brexit yet. Just how much of a success it has been 🙄
Are you not basking in sovereignty?

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #5991 on: January 15, 2022, 10:39:01 pm »
https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2022/0115/1273863-politics-northern-ireland/

Basically loading the dice in the dupers favour. I'd guess that this does two things, buys all duper votes in westminister but more importantly helps the dupers when/if they collapse stormont over the protocol. London knows art 16 threat is nonsense as the EU will pause the whole agreement and US will impose sanctions so they basically have a trade war with both the US & EU. Instead what this does is protects the dupers a bit from the potential collapse in their vote while the tories pull down stormont remotely either thinking it adds further pressure on the EU in negotiations or they are gambling that the US won't introduce sanctions as it was a "democratic" decision and its really destabilising the GFA - all manufactured horseshit of course just as all this NIP "anger" is.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5992 on: January 16, 2022, 12:13:16 pm »
https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2022/0115/1273863-politics-northern-ireland/

Basically loading the dice in the dupers favour. I'd guess that this does two things, buys all duper votes in westminister but more importantly helps the dupers when/if they collapse stormont over the protocol. London knows art 16 threat is nonsense as the EU will pause the whole agreement and US will impose sanctions so they basically have a trade war with both the US & EU. Instead what this does is protects the dupers a bit from the potential collapse in their vote while the tories pull down stormont remotely either thinking it adds further pressure on the EU in negotiations or they are gambling that the US won't introduce sanctions as it was a "democratic" decision and its really destabilising the GFA - all manufactured horseshit of course just as all this NIP "anger" is.

I was looking at the latest shenanigans as some sort of compensation to the DUP in advance of Truss reaching agreement with the EU on the protocol and thereby sinking the DUP, but your scenario is just as likely, given the flip flopping nature of the government on this.

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #5993 on: January 16, 2022, 10:02:17 pm »
What a load of Bullshit.

"But let me be clear…

I’d love it if one day an interviewer interrupted one of these duplicitous twats and said

‘Ok, if you’d like to be clear please answer this yes or no question with a simple yes or no’

Believer

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5994 on: January 18, 2022, 03:42:03 pm »
International banks Irish balance sheets rise to more than €500b due to Brexit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60037037

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5995 on: January 19, 2022, 03:17:01 pm »
Brother went to the dentist and all the prices for his treatment has gone up 20% due to the additional tariff from goods outside of the UK

Don't think people realise the hidden cost and brush it off thinking prices have gone up everywhere

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5996 on: January 19, 2022, 03:28:13 pm »
I Found this very interesting, thought it belonged here more than the Tory thread

the real rise in inflation

https://twitter.com/BootstrapCook/status/1483778776697909252

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5997 on: January 21, 2022, 02:38:04 pm »
Remember this fantasy project?  Feasibility cost to taxpayer was £900k

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-60081544

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #5998 on: January 21, 2022, 02:39:55 pm »
Remember this fantasy project?  Feasibility cost to taxpayer was £900k

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-60081544

The party of fiscal responsibility helmed (for now) by a colossal waster of money

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2022/01/21/it-cost-900k-to-investigate-boris-johnson-idiotic-ni-bridge-plan/

The non-existent bridge is one of a number of projects dreamt up or championed by Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson that either didn’t happen or went ahead at disproportionate cost.

The Garden Bridge project – £53 million.

Three unusable water cannon that were scrapped – £300,000.

The Thames Estuary Airport scheme – £5 million.

The drastically underused Emirates Air Line cable car – £60 million.

Making the Olympic Stadium fit for use by West Ham and for athletics meets – £486 million.

Of course, the pandemic added to the list.

Unusable products bought by the PPE procurement programme, judged to have involved unlawful privileged access for ministers’ contacts – £2 billion.

The Test and Trace project, judged by the House of Commons Public Accounts Committee to have made no difference to infection figures – £37 billion.
Believer

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5999 on: January 21, 2022, 02:49:45 pm »