Author Topic: Dexter - FX Sunday 10PM (NO Spoilers!)  (Read 88292 times)

Offline voronin_is_ghod

• Officially very annoying and doesn't know what he's doing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • makes me wanna grow a ponytail
Re: Dexter - FX Sunday 10PM
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2007, 10:07:32 pm »
BEST PLACE TO DOWNLOAD DEXTER IS VEOH.COM  ...SEARCH SOCIOPATH ..THE EPISODES ARE AMAZING QUALITY!

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2007, 10:09:13 pm »
Bit pissed off at how far ahead everyone else seems on this, from America and from downloading!

Loving it so far - up to date on the FX ones in the UK, and felt it's really warming up nicely. Also not as predictable so far as I was expecting.

You're welcome to join the 21st C and get them like we are.  :wave

Offline voronin_is_ghod

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2007, 10:19:00 pm »

some people prefer to watch shows and movies on t.v .like i know some propper techy geeks who know all about torrents n shit ..juts prefer not to use them..me on the other hand ive probably seen nearly every movie released in the past 2 years ..some not even released in the uk ..im always ahead on prison break ,heroes,lost,the black donelleys (hope it returns) , dexter ,studio 60 on the sunset strip, scrubs,southpark ,simpsons,family guy, american dad,
I WATCH TOO MUCH FUCKING T.V

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2007, 10:36:11 pm »
Never got into torrents, can't seem to get them down quick enough

Offline voronin_is_ghod

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2007, 12:05:02 am »
Never got into torrents, can't seem to get them down quick enough

i have a cracked version of a bearshare pro ..goes fairly fast ....also for norton or mcafee users ..turn off your internet security it goes alot faster ...but u have the daner of spyware with that

Offline Emo Phillips

• Master of his domain. Enjoyed a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. Resident of MILF Island.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2007, 10:49:14 am »

:P

But what's the point of having a good tv and speaker set-up, only to watch everything on a small laptop?

Also, just means everyone is at different stages of their viewing. At least people are cottoning on to spoiler tags.
KRAMER: "I'm at 1st and 1st. Wait a minute, how can a street intersect into itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2007, 11:16:18 am »

But what's the point of having a good tv and speaker set-up, only to watch everything on a small laptop?

Also, just means everyone is at different stages of their viewing. At least people are cottoning on to spoiler tags.

Get yourself a DVD player that can do Divx/Xvid and then you can stick the file on disk or USB stick and watch it on the telly :)

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2007, 11:19:47 am »
Get yourself a DVD player that can do Divx/Xvid and then you can stick the file on disk or USB stick and watch it on the telly :)

That is what I need to do......

However looking to get a 32" HDTV will the pictures still look good viewing from a USB Stick?

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2007, 11:21:37 am »

However looking to get a 32" HDTV will the pictures still look good viewing from a USB Stick?

Download your files in HD

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2007, 11:29:34 am »

They should do yeah, we don't have a HDTV so I can't say for sure, but a few of the usual suspect nerdy folk round here will know for sure.

If you find the USB is slow (I've read some have found this on fast paced action scenes), can always just stick them on a DVD-RW.

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2007, 12:02:28 pm »

Your Mac's got a  decent sized screen, or d/l and burn to DVD. Like you've done with other stuff  ???

Offline voronin_is_ghod

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2007, 12:26:09 pm »
christ i love divx

Offline Emo Phillips

• Master of his domain. Enjoyed a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. Resident of MILF Island.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2007, 02:14:04 pm »
or d/l and burn to DVD. Like you've done with other stuff  ???

Obviously I need to get into the whole DIVX thing. I tried once but all the links seemed to have expired so I gave up...

Just makes discussions like this less fun as everyone's at different stages of their viewing, and kills 'water cooler moments'.
KRAMER: "I'm at 1st and 1st. Wait a minute, how can a street intersect into itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"

Offline voronin_is_ghod

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2007, 02:28:45 pm »

Obviously I need to get into the whole DIVX thing. I tried once but all the links seemed to have expired so I gave up...

Just makes discussions like this less fun as everyone's at different stages of their viewing, and kills 'water cooler moments'.

if u are going by fx emo .. u have'nt too much to catch up on ,, probably 4/5 episodes ..theres only 12 ina  season ..and im sure not many have watched the first 2 episodes of season two that leaked onto the internet ..even in them not too much has happened

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2007, 09:55:02 pm »
Just started watching Dexter on DVD  just finished the 2nd episode and all i can say is its Brilliant ,anyone who hasn't seen it yet get it watched .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2007, 12:16:27 am »

Spoiler
After a fairly shaky start Dexter has just got better and better. Knew Debs' boyfriend was the ice truck killer as soon as i laid eyes on him though.
[close]

« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 09:31:07 pm by Barney_Rubble »

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2007, 08:34:39 am »

The butler did it...

Agree with that, it certainly wasn't a classic from the get go. It really hits its stride about 3/4 of the way through, to these eyes. The characters tended to be painted with far too broad strokes, and the black cop is terrible. And yes, the big 'reveal' wasn't exactly a shock was it? It could do with  alittle more subtlety.

--------- slight edit ---------

*ahem*

« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 09:33:53 pm by Barney_Rubble »

Offline Emo Phillips

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2007, 08:38:15 am »

The butler did it...

Me too.

As for the show, finished the first series by viewing the last two episodes as DIVX files online. Excellent stuff. A little far-fetched in places, but so well written, acted and directed it was that much more believable.

Also, good to see Tony Goldwyn directing and starring in one episode, as the psychiatrist. He's directed a few good films, and been in plenty of films as an actor.

-------- slight edit ---------

*ahem*
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 09:35:02 pm by Barney_Rubble »

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2007, 08:41:26 am »

Me too.

That's been bugging me since I first saw him. Good work E. Don't agree on the acting as an ensemble, though. Few pretty stilted performances and poorly scripted characters, like Angry Black Cop Man and Tough Latina With A Heart Of Gold Woman.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 09:35:26 pm by Barney_Rubble »

Offline Emo Phillips

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2007, 08:48:03 am »
Few pretty stilted performances and poorly scripted characters, like Angry Black Cop Man and Tough Latina With A Heart Of Gold Woman.

I think there's a slight sense of heightened reality to the show, and some of the characters are larger than life, and that kinda helps in some way. It has some broad strokes. So maybe it's this heightened reality that makes the slightly ludicrous overall storyline of S1 more believable. Were it more gritty and realistic, it would seem silly. But Michael C Hall's brilliance holds it all together.

But LaGuerta (?) bugs me, although I guess it shows the sad political actions of those looking to get ahead. Not as bothered by Doakes.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2007, 09:00:25 pm »
Nice one i really wanted to know that  :no

Ouch. Might want to PM a mod to clean this thread up for the poor bastards that are going to read it :(
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dexter - FX Sunday 10PM (NO Spoilers!)
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2007, 09:32:44 pm »

OK I've edited the topic title, and put that little titbit above under a spoiler tag, and removed a couple of other references.

:wave

87:13

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2007, 09:39:58 pm »
OK I've edited the topic title, and put that little titbit above under a spoiler tag, and removed a couple of other references.

Nice one    i knew it was the butler  ;D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 09:42:33 pm by rednile »
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline Emo Phillips

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2007, 10:04:59 pm »

Aplogies if I've spoiled it for anyone, I know this thread (and others) was annoying me with discussions ahead of the broadcasts.

However, was sure the stuff being discussed had already been shown on FX in the UK, and long before in the US, which seemed to make it fair game to discuss?

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2007, 11:22:57 pm »
Watching this for the first time now...

...might need to download a few of these to get into it...

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2007, 12:00:56 am »
Apologies from me too, a little short sighted of me to think everybody else had either seen it in the US or here in the UK on FX, thanks to the mods for cleaning up my mistakes ala Dexter.

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2007, 12:13:03 pm »
2nd season starts on sunday in u.s, and already available to dload on mininova somehow. think i will be doing that tonight.

heroes, dexter and prison break all at once, happy days ;D ;D
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2007, 04:22:18 pm »
2nd season starts on sunday in u.s, and already available to dload on mininova somehow. think i will be doing that tonight.

heroes, dexter and prison break all at once, happy days ;D ;D

The first two episodes have been released for months now. Wish i had of waited though.

Offline cuppatea

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2007, 04:53:40 pm »
Great show. Pisses all over the likes of Heroes and Prison Break.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2007, 05:00:26 pm »
Great show. Pisses all over the likes of Heroes and Prison Break.
Not even close to Heroes, better than Prison Break though.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

Offline cuppatea

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2007, 05:09:32 pm »
Heroes started quite well, but by the end of the first series, I was sorry for having watched it (and a little embarassed for having ever enjoyed it).

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2007, 05:13:22 pm »
Definitely a better show than Heroes. So different though.

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2007, 07:36:40 pm »
Why do you wish you waited?
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2007, 07:53:16 pm »
Why do you wish you waited?

Cause it's been months since I've seen em. Hell of a long time to wait like!! They were brilliant by the way.

Offline Emo Phillips

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2007, 08:02:34 am »
Heroes started quite well, but by the end of the first series, I was sorry for having watched it (and a little embarassed for having ever enjoyed it).

Dexter is better than Heroes, no mistake. I'd really enjoyed Heroes up to about the 9th episode of series one, but have felt all along that it was going to tail off, which appears to be happening.

I may go on to enjoy the rest, but it seems an unsustainable concept. Far-fetched stuff can only work for so long, and then it starts to become tiresome.

I'll reserve judgement. But having seen all of Dexter, Heroes will have to go some to match the drama and quality.

Offline Texas Reds Fan

• The first to learn about Project: Rename LFC
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is emptiness, emptiness is form
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2007, 05:14:07 am »
Can't wait for the next season. The first season I started watching halfway through an episode and needless to say was shocked as hell with his whole routine at the end of the episode.

I was relating to Dexter on so many levels until his true nature became apparent.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2007, 08:00:22 am »

Dexter is better than Heroes, no mistake. I'd really enjoyed Heroes up to about the 9th episode of series one, but have felt all along that it was going to tail off, which appears to be happening.

I think that is way way off, imo. I know it's highly subjective but Heroes really kept a consistent level of awesomeness. Dexter is good but nowhere even close and quite predictable.

Ah well... all good fun.

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2007, 08:37:45 am »
How's Michael C. Hall doing?
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2007, 10:34:22 am »
Downloaded the first 2 episodes from series 2 and they are excellenty

Offline Annoyed Grunt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2007, 10:48:45 am »
I was relating to Dexter on so many levels until his true nature became apparent.

The only time to worry is when you relate to him, full stop....well, that's what me and my Dark Passenger think anyway.