Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3307660 times)

Offline NotTooXabi12

• NotTooCheery
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #22240 on: October 28, 2019, 02:55:28 pm »
My word I couldn't help but cringe when Johnny Milburn had no idea Lloris didn't play for spurs yesterday.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22241 on: October 28, 2019, 03:12:47 pm »
^ but that’s the good thing about the pink isn’t it. It’s just instant reaction from lads that have just come out and immediate  thoughts about the game.
You can check the team sheets later :D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #22242 on: October 28, 2019, 03:37:09 pm »
My word I couldn't help but cringe when Johnny Milburn had no idea Lloris didn't play for spurs yesterday.

Have to say from the other end of the pitch first half I did a double take as he didn't half look like him! Knew it couldn't be but couldn't think who their no.2 was.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22243 on: October 28, 2019, 03:44:39 pm »
Have to say from the other end of the pitch first half I did a double take as he didn't half look like him! Knew it couldn't be but couldn't think who their no.2 was.

Was it all those saves he made that made you realise it couldn’t have been him?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22244 on: October 28, 2019, 04:02:52 pm »
Was it all those saves he made that made you realise it couldn’t have been him?

;D

The lack of aimless charging out of his area to snatch at fresh air was the clincher.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22245 on: October 28, 2019, 05:59:59 pm »
Just listened to the post match show, glad to hear (from Gibbo I think from memory) that largely people were being supportive throughout, as where I was (lower Kop) there were some right fucking moaners. Spent half the game telling them to relax a bit! One lad screamed that Mo should be sold after he fired wide one time! :lmao

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #22246 on: October 28, 2019, 06:59:41 pm »
If anyone passed on listening to the Amy Lawrence interview with Neil I’d recommend it. Really interesting and moving in parts.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #22247 on: October 28, 2019, 09:05:10 pm »
If anyone passed on listening to the Amy Lawrence interview with Neil I’d recommend it. Really interesting and moving in parts.

Seconded. Really good.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22248 on: October 28, 2019, 09:09:08 pm »

Where's this? Hasn't shown up in my pod list.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22249 on: October 28, 2019, 09:46:19 pm »
Where's this? Hasn't shown up in my pod list.

It’s the last 20 minutes or so of the main show today.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #22250 on: October 28, 2019, 09:55:46 pm »

Couldn't bring myself to listen to it.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #22251 on: October 28, 2019, 10:44:35 pm »
Couldn't bring myself to listen to it.

Weirdly I think Neil undersold it - as if it was some sort of Arsenal love-in, whereas actually it was very little to do with that, but lots about LFC at the time, Hillsborough and the impact on the wider footballing community, with a touching story about Amy Lawrence raising funds for the families.

And in a bizarre way the whole issue of how football has changed in terms of congratulatory respect between clubs, and the charitable sympathetic nature of rival fans after Hillsborough jarred somewhat with the idea of people not being able to listen to a few minutes from a fantastic journalist talking about her experiences around the game because she supports Arsenal. Odd. Especially as she spoke mostly about Liverpools dominance at the time. Think it was possibly due to the jokey nature of the excellent podcast this week, but I highly recommend listening to it too.

Anyway, as I say undersold by Neil, but an excellent interview that should be more widely heard, as a superb cap to another great show.

'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline davidg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22252 on: October 29, 2019, 08:51:01 am »

It was great that, Lawrence very sensitively focused it on us, which was great.

I also realised that I am no longer in pain about that defeat: only taken 30 years like. I could have listened to it for longer.
' When you over simplify, you become unjust ' - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22253 on: October 29, 2019, 09:49:01 am »
Having only been 2 in May 1989 I don’t have any memory of the match but, for what it’s worth, I agree with those saying it was worth a listen.  There was actually very little about the game itself and was more about the aspects surrounding it with Hillsborough and football in general.  I enjoyed listening to it.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22254 on: October 29, 2019, 10:40:39 am »
It’s the last 20 minutes or so of the main show today.

Ah thanks, was assuming it was a separate pod.

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #22255 on: October 29, 2019, 12:20:44 pm »

It was excellent. Especially the first part, very moving. I would have liked more of it too.

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #22256 on: October 29, 2019, 01:41:56 pm »
It was excellent. Especially the first part, very moving. I would have liked more of it too.

Agree. Amy Lawrence is always good, wouldn't have minded a full special on it.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22257 on: October 29, 2019, 01:58:10 pm »
^ aye. Had to pause it - on a long bus journey - don’t want to lose my composure and start crying. Amy is a great broadcaster and writer

[Edit] - Yes great stuff Neil - cheers
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 06:46:35 pm by kavah »

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #22258 on: October 29, 2019, 02:17:43 pm »
Weirdly I think Neil undersold it - as if it was some sort of Arsenal love-in, whereas actually it was very little to do with that, but lots about LFC at the time, Hillsborough and the impact on the wider footballing community, with a touching story about Amy Lawrence raising funds for the families.

And in a bizarre way the whole issue of how football has changed in terms of congratulatory respect between clubs, and the charitable sympathetic nature of rival fans after Hillsborough jarred somewhat with the idea of people not being able to listen to a few minutes from a fantastic journalist talking about her experiences around the game because she supports Arsenal. Odd. Especially as she spoke mostly about Liverpools dominance at the time. Think it was possibly due to the jokey nature of the excellent podcast this week, but I highly recommend listening to it too.

Anyway, as I say undersold by Neil, but an excellent interview that should be more widely heard, as a superb cap to another great show.

That's why I couldn't listen because I thought it may concentrate on Hillsborough. 
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #22259 on: October 29, 2019, 02:30:26 pm »
It was marvellous.  I thought I picked up Neil saying it was part of a longer piece?  Also, on top of everything else, I thought it was astute casting it as a key game in the development of modern football - never really thought of it as anything but a complete one-off before.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #22260 on: October 29, 2019, 04:55:43 pm »
Quick question. I'm on the Ł7 audio monthly option. I've never noticed before but I seem to have 200 tokens on my account as well. Is this just to give me a taste of the videos I could watch, have the been put on by mistake and I will be charged for them?

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #22261 on: October 29, 2019, 05:31:02 pm »
The 200 tokens were a free gift/enticer in the last couple of weeks for something or other.  I’m not sure what they do personally.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #22262 on: October 29, 2019, 08:28:27 pm »
The 200 tokens were a free gift/enticer in the last couple of weeks for something or other.  I’m not sure what they do personally.
You can buy individual shows with them.

So if you only get the audio like me you can use the free tokens to try out a video show...

Clever marketing I reckon.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22263 on: October 30, 2019, 09:34:48 am »
A new EPL show out today  ;D

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22264 on: October 30, 2019, 09:58:16 am »

Agreed, that was a really good listen. I always enjoyed hearing Amy Lawrence when she used to be on football weekly so didn't skip it, and I'm glad I didn't.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22265 on: October 30, 2019, 10:50:08 am »
Agreed, that was a really good listen. I always enjoyed hearing Amy Lawrence when she used to be on football weekly so didn't skip it, and I'm glad I didn't.

Me too, listened on the commute this morning and thought it was great, I really like her as a contributor.

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
« Reply #22266 on: October 30, 2019, 01:55:01 pm »

It was fantastic. I've a lot of respect for her Actions as a 17 year old. I A couple of years younger and would never have had the spirit or ability to do what she did.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22267 on: October 30, 2019, 01:56:36 pm »
Enjoyed the pro view with Milner, he speaks well.

Someone with his work ethic and ambition will be worth their weight in gold as a positive role model.

Loaded, won leagues, champions leagues but still motivated to keep fit, work hard and win more.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 01:58:58 pm by Charlie Adams fried egg right »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #22268 on: October 30, 2019, 11:27:49 pm »
Divock Origi is like Mr Blobby :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

The Pink has been brilliant, perfect for the occasion.
:D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22269 on: October 31, 2019, 09:25:41 am »
Agreed, brilliant post match show last night.  As mad as the game was!

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22270 on: October 31, 2019, 09:25:55 am »
Fazed, not phased. :)

(That one's in the editor's search macro round our way.)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #22271 on: October 31, 2019, 10:48:34 am »
Fazed, not phased. :)

(That one's in the editor's search macro round our way.)

You could phase in your fazes.

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #22272 on: October 31, 2019, 11:42:42 am »
Laughed my head off at Neil Akto and Docking talking about the concept of Origi and how he doesn't score small goals  ;D

In other news - tomorrow's free Weekender podcast will include another 22 minute interview with James Milner (he talks about the book, difference between game when he broke through and now, Barcelona, The Final... ), a segment with Jamie Webster and then obviously build up to Villa at the weekend. A really good one if you could share with your mates, on social etc - nice one.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #22273 on: October 31, 2019, 03:53:05 pm »
Laughed my head off at Neil Akto and Docking talking about the concept of Origi and how he doesn't score small goals  ;D

In other news - tomorrow's free Weekender podcast will include another 22 minute interview with James Milner (he talks about the book, difference between game when he broke through and now, Barcelona, The Final... ), a segment with Jamie Webster and then obviously build up to Villa at the weekend. A really good one if you could share with your mates, on social etc - nice one.

Is this the famous word of mouth marketing Craig ;D?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22274 on: November 1, 2019, 09:35:43 am »
Has anyone else had the subscriber survey?  I've just completed it but when it came to submitting it said "oops, something went wrong".  Has anyone else had this problem?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22275 on: November 1, 2019, 10:47:44 am »
Has anyone else had the subscriber survey?  I've just completed it but when it came to submitting it said "oops, something went wrong".  Has anyone else had this problem?

Got the survey and it completed fine for me.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22276 on: November 1, 2019, 12:37:45 pm »
I've done it now. I think it was because I hadn't put a comment in the any other comments section

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22277 on: November 1, 2019, 06:13:21 pm »
Echo “Analysing Anfield” seems quite good - is that @distancecovered on that?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #22278 on: November 2, 2019, 12:53:57 am »
More Milner please.

Don't usually listen to the Weekender when it's not much football talk but this week's was great.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #22279 on: November 2, 2019, 10:39:15 am »
Echo “Analysing Anfield” seems quite good - is that @distancecovered on that?

It's really good and yes it's him, Josh Williams. There is a video version of the show uploaded on YouTube if you like.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.