Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 664288 times)

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Origi, chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker
« Reply #2320 on: November 6, 2017, 11:14:50 am »
Pretty small sample size of players, wouldn't you say?

I'd argue that of all the players that got loaned out at the top level and succeeded, only Suso then wasn't extended here. And if I'm not mistaken, that was because he wanted to go to Milan as much as anything. Sakho is another example, but obviously we wanted to be rid of him.

So I think my answer to this is, he needs to have a really good season to come back into the fold. Like a 15+ goal season, which he's currently on track to doing, but also improving his all round game.
Not really, we’ve loaned out hundreds of players over the last decade or so.

The only one of note I can think of that came back after a loan and established himself as a first team regular is Danny Murphy. The top young players that we have brought through (Gerrard, Carragher, Owen, Fowler, Sterling) are that good they are fast tracked into the first team from a young age.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2321 on: November 6, 2017, 11:48:25 am »
I think what would add encouragement to the Origi having a future here thing, if both reports were true of course, would be a) the sizable loan fee we received for him and b) the January recall option we went at lengths to insert into the deal.

It's clearly not just a case of giving an unwanted player away to try and boost his price, like we've done with Borini and countless others. That logic was undoubtedly behind some of the thinking in considering letting him leave, but I think the massive loan fee combined with Solanke's pre-season promise tipped the decision over the edge.

Offline Koprich

• Fan categorisation police.
  • Kopite
« Reply #2322 on: November 6, 2017, 11:56:25 am »
Always knew he was a good player, he's just not at all what we need from a 2nd striker.

Think about when we typically bring on a second striker. It's when we're chasing a goal either against a team who has scored and trying to protect their lead/draw or in a 0-0 when the other team has come to collect a draw (Utd). In both cases you're typically up against a tightly packed defence with no space to run into.

You either want a highly technical striker who can find space where there is none and fashion chances out of nothing or you want a proper, strong centre-forward who can challenge centre-halves and come out on top.

That's just not Origi's bag.

I expect we'll probably sell him in the summer and he'll go on to have a good career at a 'decent' side.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2323 on: November 6, 2017, 12:03:03 pm »
Always knew he was a good player, he's just not at all what we need from a 2nd striker.

Think about when we typically bring on a second striker. It's when we're chasing a goal either against a team who has scored and trying to protect their lead/draw or in a 0-0 when the other team has come to collect a draw (Utd). In both cases you're typically up against a tightly packed defence with no space to run into.

You either want a highly technical striker who can find space where there is none and fashion chances out of nothing or you want a proper, strong centre-forward who can challenge centre-halves and come out on top.

That's just not Origi's bag.

I expect we'll probably sell him in the summer and he'll go on to have a good career at a 'decent' side.

I'm not sure what system Wolfsburg are playing but I always felt it was primarily the system change which derailed Origi for us. His injury at the back end of 15/16 when he had such momentum obviously didn't help either.

In a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 diamond he always looked more than good enough as a squad player. It was generally coming in to replace Firmino in the 4-3-3 that he didn't. While technically proficient I just don't think he's particularly suited to dropping deep and linking the play. This is probably too simplistic an argument but for me he's very much a counter-attacking 4-4-2 / 4-2-3-1 striker who plays off the shoulder and creates space for attacking midfielders in behind him.

In a 4-3-3 I think the only way you'd get real success out of him would be as a wide forward high up the pitch but when you've got Mane, Salah and Coutinho kicking around who are simply far better all-round wide players, that's unlikely to ever happen here.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2017, 12:07:21 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #2324 on: November 7, 2017, 09:11:04 pm »
I'm not sure what system Wolfsburg are playing but I always felt it was primarily the system change which derailed Origi for us. His injury at the back end of 15/16 when he had such momentum obviously didn't help either.

In a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 diamond he always looked more than good enough as a squad player. It was generally coming in to replace Firmino in the 4-3-3 that he didn't. While technically proficient I just don't think he's particularly suited to dropping deep and linking the play. This is probably too simplistic an argument but for me he's very much a counter-attacking 4-4-2 / 4-2-3-1 striker who plays off the shoulder and creates space for attacking midfielders in behind him. This isn't a Firmino trait, but clearly the system as Solanke pretty much averages out in the same positions and drops deep also in the build up phase while we are working into the final third.

In a 4-3-3 I think the only way you'd get real success out of him would be as a wide forward high up the pitch but when you've got Mane, Salah and Coutinho kicking around who are simply far better all-round wide players, that's unlikely to ever happen here.
Largely agree mate. Origi is a focal point striker. Like Kane, Morata, Lukaku, Lewa, etc. We play without a focal point as our striker needs to drop into the #10 role building up play and our wide attackers narrow as the goal threat and hidden focals points. In essence they are more like shadow strikers with wider starting points trying to attack spaces in and around center backs while they are still unsure who is responsible for Firmino, if the full backs are responsible for the wide players.

Origi would be the perfect understudy to Kane in many ways. He has that pace and power Janssen lacks.

Long term, I suspect we will end up in a 4-2-3-1 once again simply because we have no interest in acquiring Firmino-like players to understudy for the system. We aren't moulding players like Firmino in the youths for the system. Plus having players like Solanke & Origi at the club indicate a desire to have a young striker break into the team. Loaning him makes as he gets to play, learn, grow and maybe earn a spot at the World Cup. Meanwhile Solanke who is a better fit for the current system deputises. Next season with Keita arriving, Can likely leaving and a proper 6 hopefully being signed to replace him - our squad should move towards a more 4-2-3-1 capable squad.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #2325 on: November 8, 2017, 12:28:22 am »
Largely agree mate. Origi is a focal point striker. Like Kane, Morata, Lukaku, Lewa, etc. We play without a focal point as our striker needs to drop into the #10 role building up play and our wide attackers narrow as the goal threat and hidden focals points. In essence they are more like shadow strikers with wider starting points trying to attack spaces in and around center backs while they are still unsure who is responsible for Firmino, if the full backs are responsible for the wide players.

Origi would be the perfect understudy to Kane in many ways. He has that pace and power Janssen lacks.

Long term, I suspect we will end up in a 4-2-3-1 once again simply because we have no interest in acquiring Firmino-like players to understudy for the system. We aren't moulding players like Firmino in the youths for the system. Plus having players like Solanke & Origi at the club indicate a desire to have a young striker break into the team. Loaning him makes as he gets to play, learn, grow and maybe earn a spot at the World Cup. Meanwhile Solanke who is a better fit for the current system deputises. Next season with Keita arriving, Can likely leaving and a proper 6 hopefully being signed to replace him - our squad should move towards a more 4-2-3-1 capable squad.

I think that's a great progression to make because players like Firmino seem much harder to find then forwards like Morata or Kane (not comparing ability but style). However, where would that leave Firmino?

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2326 on: November 8, 2017, 12:43:28 am »

How long is long term though? Firmino is 26 and Klopp's favorite player. Barring serious injury or a transfer tantrum, he'll probably be our main striker for the next 5 years at the very least. Also, he doesn't miss too many matches and most top teams don't bother with adequate back ups for their main striker anyway.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2327 on: November 29, 2017, 04:42:39 pm »
Divock Origi can remember watching lots of YouTube clips when he was a youngster. Specifically, he would spend hours observing the best forwards in the game. He admired the attackers who were “technical, brave and strong players, who made a difference in the football world”: Ronaldo, Cristiano Ronaldo, Zlatan Ibrahimovicand Belgium’s assistant coach, Thierry Henry, who is now tasked with nurturing Origi’s talent. “He is all about, ‘Divock you have to make the runs behind and you have to stretch the play,’” says the 22-year-old at Wolfsburg’s training ground.

“You have to play with your qualities. In the last game that we played, he was talking about this. That’s the most important thing for me, that when I use my qualities in this way and coming to the ball, it creates more space to be creative. I need to make these runs and be generous.”

The forward, who is on-loan at Wolfsburg from Liverpool, is relaxed and composed as he sits in the media area, which overlooks the training pitch at the VFL-Center. He seems happy and content with his start to life in the Bundesliga, which came about after a deadline day move in the summer.

“It’s a different way of living, a different culture,” he tells The Independent. “It’s a great club. We visited the Volkswagen factory and you see how they work. You see more of the city and you understand where they come from. The supporters have always been supportive of us. They have always been a helping hand and I think that I am in a nice environment here.”

Wolfsburg generate a family atmosphere which is incomparable to other football clubs. They have play areas around the Volkswagen Arena, table-tennis facilities and the Wolficlub for children. There’s even part of a stand inside the ground, where the kids can play and watch their idols simultaneously. “That’s nice. They think of everything. There’s a slide. It’s a different culture and it’s nice.”

Origi has only been at the club for three months, but he has already made a significant impact. He has scored four goals in his last eight starts for the Wolves. “I think basically it has been me being focused and wanting to improve in every game. I have been analysing my game a lot. I have been working on a lot of stuff on the pitch and off the pitch. Just paying attention to detail and in the beginning, I needed to adapt, but the results have come and I’m happy about that.”

He has also received praise from sporting director Olaf Rebbe. “It’s complimenting because it’s always nice that people appreciate what you do. At this age, it’s a compliment that somebody like Olaf can value you at this point.”

Wolfsburg ended a run of seven consecutive draws with a 3-1 win over Freiburg earlier this month, but then lost at the weekend to Augsburg 2-1. Origi has been used on the right-wing by new manager Martin Schmidt having previously played more centrally under former coach Andries Jonker. It’s a position he is familiar with after learning his trade out on the flanks when still in France at Lille.

“There are a lot of things you learn from playing wide,” adds Origi. “You also understand the way that you can coordinate with the front three or front two. When you come in from the wide position you don’t feel awkward, but at the same time playing as a striker for a while now at Liverpool made me learn more about the striker position, so it’s about combining it.

“There are not a lot of strikers that play this way. I am lucky for example that I have someone like Henry at the national team, who also played on the wing and then as a striker.”

Origi revealed that it was his decision to seek a loan move, with the striker falling down the pecking order at Anfield. Liverpool signed Mohamed Salah, Dominke Solanke and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in the last transfer window to add to the already impressive attacking options at Jurgen Klopp’s disposal.

So, what did the German manager say to the Belgian forward about the move? “When I made my choice, whatever choice I make, if the club is ok with it they will agree with it. I think he was behind my choice and he wished me good luck.”

Origi was very complimentary of Klopp and believes that what the public see is exactly what you get with the coach. “I think most people know how he is - energetic, passionate, loves football and a leader, a real leader. He is very personable, warm person. A real leader that you need to identify yourself with and people can identify with.”

The striker enjoyed his time on Merseyside, but is unsure where his long-term future will be. “It’s difficult to say, what I can say is that I want to one day show my talent at a constant level. That comes from playing, learning, expressing yourself and going through good and difficult moments.

“That’s what I am experiencing now at Wolfsburg. It can come quickly or it can take some more time. Everything can happen, I can have injuries or whatever, but of course I try to make the most of it. One thing for sure is that I believe in my ability and we will see where it goes.”

Origi admits that he has been distracted by what has been said or written about him in the past, but has now found a way to concentrate on his development and ignore the negative press. He is now relishing his time in a new country and league.

“I’m happy. I’m in a place that I can grow, I can play and I can learn a lot. It’s a very big league, with interesting games. I can only see it in a positive way and I’m just trying to take the maximum out of it.”
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-considering-life-after-anfield-a8080536.html
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #2328 on: December 28, 2017, 06:34:37 pm »
Apparently in talks over a perm transfer, would be a shame as think he's got all the qualities to become a quality player and has a decent record when playing for us.

As long as we put a buy back clause in i can accept this happening though

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2329 on: December 28, 2017, 06:36:24 pm »
Origi is a good player as are Ings and sturridge. But can see them all leaving in summer. Firmino Solanke and a new signing will be out strikers imo.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #2330 on: December 28, 2017, 07:13:08 pm »
Origi is a good player as are Ings and sturridge. But can see them all leaving in summer. Firmino Solanke and a new signing will be out strikers imo.

I'd hope not. Origi is ten times better than Solanke.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2331 on: December 28, 2017, 08:15:12 pm »
Hope we don't sell. Sturridge is long finished here and surely this is the summer he's gone, and as much as I like Ings I can't see him ever getting a run here again.

Hopefully bring Div back, keep giving Solanke time, and look for another quality striker in the summer.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2332 on: December 28, 2017, 09:21:33 pm »
I'd hope not. Origi is ten times better than Solanke.

Solanke is still young, but Origi was far more productive at the same age as Solanke. Hoping Origi stays and if we must sell, hopefully, we have a buyback clause.

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2333 on: December 28, 2017, 09:23:35 pm »
Has anyone actually been watching him for Wolfsburg. How has he been doing? Has he shown signs of improvement?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2334 on: December 28, 2017, 09:36:44 pm »
Has anyone actually been watching him for Wolfsburg. How has he been doing? Has he shown signs of improvement?

only seen a couple of Wolfsburg games, so not seen so much of him. One game was where he played really well in though with a goal and assist!  4 goals and 1 assist so far in 1,043 minutes.  Last few games before the winter break he played out wide.

He'll be their main man up front for the rest of the season now cos Mario Gomez has gone back to Stuttgart.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 09:38:25 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2335 on: January 8, 2018, 12:36:46 pm »
is there a chance that we re-call Origi with Coutinho gone?

would certainly give us another option and if Studge is still injured it would make sense

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2336 on: January 8, 2018, 12:40:56 pm »
is there a chance that we re-call Origi with Coutinho gone?

would certainly give us another option and if Studge is still injured it would make sense

Reckon more chance he'll be leaving on a permanent deal this month than being recalled. Also don't think we can recall.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2337 on: January 8, 2018, 12:43:13 pm »
There has to be a recall clause in the original deal, and it has to be a mutual decision between us and the loaning side. We can't just recall him without their permission.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2338 on: January 8, 2018, 12:43:43 pm »
If possible, we should recall him. He is levels above Solanke and was starting ahead of Sturridge at times in the last 2 years.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2339 on: January 8, 2018, 12:47:12 pm »
They paid £6m loan fee , I’d leave there for the season

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2340 on: January 8, 2018, 12:49:47 pm »
Honestly don't think we'll  see him play for us again. Maybe a few games in preseason. He wants regular football, he won't get that here.

Offline Weytske

• Anny Roader
  • Peerless
« Reply #2341 on: January 8, 2018, 01:01:36 pm »
Honestly don't think we'll  see him play for us again. Maybe a few games in preseason. He wants regular football, he won't get that here.
I'm still a bit confused about him. His first season under Klopp I thought he was really great and suited Klopp's style with his very dynamic game, running the channels and dragging defenders everywhere. The games he played with Firmino as second striker showed real promise. Last season then, he played more static, as a target man really, slowing play down. Of course there's also a tactical element there, but it just make me wonder if he can find his form again here and get in tune with the rest of our side.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2342 on: January 8, 2018, 01:05:35 pm »
I'm still a bit confused about him. His first season under Klopp I thought he was really great and suited Klopp's style with his very dynamic game, running the channels and dragging defenders everywhere. The games he played with Firmino as second striker showed real promise. Last season then, he played more static, as a target man really, slowing play down. Of course there's also a tactical element there, but it just make me wonder if he can find his form again here and get in tune with the rest of our side.

Last season with he was coming off the bad injury from the Bitters tackle - then Mane arrived, Klopp really got Firmino really working the 9 role, and there were just less minutes to be productive. Yet he still scored 11 goals and 3 assists in all comps. Not terrible.

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2343 on: January 8, 2018, 01:21:43 pm »
although he never took off here he still banged a few goals in. very raw but always felt he could develop.

would have thought we hard a recall clause in the deal. what if bobby and Studge got injured? surely we would want him back rather than leave Solanke on his own (nobody knew then if Ings would get back or not).

anyway I agree its unlikely but I thought would at least give us another option.

Offline Weytske

• Anny Roader
  • Peerless
« Reply #2344 on: January 8, 2018, 01:41:06 pm »
Last season with he was coming off the bad injury from the Bitters tackle - then Mane arrived, Klopp really got Firmino really working the 9 role, and there were just less minutes to be productive. Yet he still scored 11 goals and 3 assists in all comps. Not terrible.
I was not implying he wasn't productive, I just thought his playing style wasn't really in sync with the rest of the squad. Probably had to do with the 433 we were playing and he hasn't really got the same tools to play as a false 9, like Firmino does. However, if we revert more to a 4231 like we are playing this season, I can see him having a future here.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2345 on: January 8, 2018, 05:42:02 pm »
Origi will see more game time with Gomez gone. Regardless if we have the option to recall (which I don't think we do), he should stay there to take what may be the biggest chance in his early career. There he can develop far more than here. Let's see where he stands by June.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2346 on: January 8, 2018, 09:42:00 pm »
Can’t help but think he’ll be another good player elsewhere as Alberto, Suso and Aspas have been. We just don’t have the patients to develop him and I’m not even sure we should have the patients to develop him because he’s not quite the right fit IMO.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2347 on: January 8, 2018, 11:23:37 pm »
Can’t help but think he’ll be another good player elsewhere as Alberto, Suso and Aspas have been. We just don’t have the patients to develop him and I’m not even sure we should have the patients to develop him because he’s not quite the right fit IMO.

I think they do have patience with Origi, but he didn't have patience to stay this season cos he's desperate to get in Belgium's world cup squad.  So I wouldn't be comparing him with the likes of Alberto and Aspas, who where quickly disgarded on loan. Divock would have stayed if he hadn't pushed for a move. Kloppo clearly has a lot of time for him.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2348 on: January 9, 2018, 03:39:56 am »
I think they do have patience with Origi, but he didn't have patience to stay this season cos he's desperate to get in Belgium's world cup squad.  So I wouldn't be comparing him with the likes of Alberto and Aspas, who where quickly disgarded on loan. Divock would have stayed if he hadn't pushed for a move. Kloppo clearly has a lot of time for him.
Yeah, and also long term, ignoring WC, not all players are mentally suited to a backup role, like Milner. Many players prefer being a starter in a smaller club.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #2349 on: January 9, 2018, 04:12:15 am »
I really hope he does stay and plays the 9 role for us in the future as a back-up/alternative to Salah. I know Lukaku is the much better player at the moment but I feel Origi has a higher ceiling. Of course I am viewing this through red tinted glasses but that physical presence and technical ability is all there. I hope as he matures he learns to be more aggressive and use his innate talents better.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2350 on: January 9, 2018, 06:58:54 pm »

RAWK decided he's off

Yet to see it from any credible sources that there's a chance he could be leaving, its just some people on here who seem like they can't wait to see the back of him. Listing him along with players like Markovic as players to sell

I think Origi is quality, funny to think he's only 22 years old and he's put in a performance that had Mats Hummels looking like an average CB in a previous season when Origi was even younger. No way i'd be selling him, has scored some vital goals for us and he has great ability

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2351 on: January 9, 2018, 07:17:41 pm »
RAWK decided he's off

Yet to see it from any credible sources that there's a chance he could be leaving, its just some people on here who seem like they can't wait to see the back of him. Listing him along with players like Markovic as players to sell

I think Origi is quality, funny to think he's only 22 years old and he's put in a performance that had Mats Hummels looking like an average CB in a previous season when Origi was even younger. No way i'd be selling him, has scored some vital goals for us and he has great ability

It’s based on quotes from himself that he’s open to staying at Wolfsburg.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2352 on: January 9, 2018, 07:23:09 pm »
RAWK decided he's off

Wolfsburg sporting director Olaf Rebbe has spoken openly about being in talks with Martin Edwards about a tranfer, but conceded that Liverpool aren't going to be letting him go easily or cheaply. But they will continue to talk.

Origi himself said he's open to the idea but not thinking any further about it till after the season, and that he has a very good relationship with Liverpool.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #2353 on: January 9, 2018, 07:26:41 pm »
Wolfsburg sporting director Olaf Rebbe has spoken openly about being in talks with Martin Edwards about a tranfer, but conceded that Liverpool aren't going to be letting him go easily or cheaply. But they will continue to talk.

Origi himself said he's open to the idea but not thinking any further about it till after the season, and that he has a very good relationship with Liverpool.

Martin Edwards? Should he not be in the ladies toilets?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2354 on: January 9, 2018, 07:28:22 pm »
Martin Edwards? Should he not be in the ladies toilets?

whatever he's called lol  ;D

You know, that bloke who is sort of sporting director for LFC. Urrrrrm. Michael Edwards, that's the fella! Anyway yeah him :D

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2355 on: January 9, 2018, 07:34:51 pm »
RAWK decided he's off

I mean the chance is in him having 18 months left on his contract and being at another club. If he wants to leave then he'll be able to.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2356 on: January 9, 2018, 08:03:14 pm »
When you see what Solanke is at 20, it makes you appreciate what we had in Origi at 20. As said before, Origi was giving the likes of Hummels all they could handle at 20 and scoring vital goals. He had a bit of a poor season at 21(while still maintaining productivity) but these things happen when you are young. Hopefully he has a good 2nd half of the season with the added responsibility and makes the World Cup squad. Then he should be brought back as our back striker to Firmino.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2357 on: January 9, 2018, 09:35:39 pm »
From what i can see he's just toe'd the line most players do in this kind of situation

'I love playing for my parent club, but i like it here too... whatever happens happens'

Keeps you sweet with both sides and whatever does eventually happens you don't seem like you don't want to be at whichever club you end up playing for. I haven't seen anything relating to Rebbe talking to anyone specific at liverpool and anything about our stance but maybe that's just me missing reports that may have come out. The only quotes i've seen were long after people on here saying we should get rid and again just quotes you will see from loads of clubs in the game about having interest in a player but very little to suggest somethings very likely to progress.

From what I can see they would like to sign him but whether they would pay even close to what we want remains to be seen and we've seen under Klopp, if someone isn't willing to offer what we want for someone then the player goes nowhere.

Offline Longwood NY

• Main Stander
  • Innit
« Reply #2358 on: January 10, 2018, 01:02:11 am »
Really scratching my head with this one.

We buy exciting young prospect, he shows promise and actually starts delivering (rare for a young striker), then we ship him out and give Sturbridge and Solanke (an inferior talent, just IMO) minutes he could've had...

I know he wanted game time, but I think there were more than enough minutes in the season that he could've had as Firmino was rested.

Obviously more going on behind the scenes that I'm not privy to but I think he'll be a top player

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #2359 on: January 10, 2018, 09:43:36 am »
We need better than Origi or Solanke as 2nd choice strikers, in my opinion.