Author Topic: Peaky Blinders - Season 5 - 25th Aug 2019 9pm - BBC1  (Read 59199 times)

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Peaky Blinders - Season 5 - 25th Aug 2019 9pm - BBC1
« Reply #440 on: March 28, 2022, 01:30:56 pm »
i thought last night's was a struggle again. Anyone know how many episodes are left?

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: March 28, 2022, 01:39:32 pm »
i thought last night's was a struggle again. Anyone know how many episodes are left?

One episode left, 80 minutes next week. I think there is a film being made too.

Offline shy_talk

• Main Stander
  • Shy talkin so misunderstood... really no good
« Reply #442 on: March 28, 2022, 01:41:34 pm »
Is it some sort of joke that hes surrounded by more enemies now that he was when in France, hence the oddball flash-dreams?
Also, did they farm out part of the writing for Arthur to the same crew responsible for Rick Sanchez' descent into rather tame caricature?
Like Bond and Batman films, (they depend primarily on how bad the bad guy (usually) is), the antagonist needs to be a constant, it's how Solomon became such a favourite.
Spoiler
Canada dock workers, his nephew and his oddly hot wife, the Chicago mafia, cursed witches gems from 3 series ago, Liverpool dockers pinching his H, unknown kid introduced by travelling clan, other clan, Moseley, Moseley's Hoi poloi, Trevor from Eastenders with a beard being a grass, consumption, non-consumption-of-alcohol, heil to the chief,
[close]
this series is all over the show. And that's in comparison with the one previous.

Was better when it wasn't such a big draw. How like life.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: March 28, 2022, 02:34:05 pm »
He has always suffered from ptsd and I think the illness is just making it worse.

Didn't realise that there's only one episode left,so thanks for souring my mood Lee0.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: March 28, 2022, 02:59:34 pm »
Does anyone know what the flashing is meant to be?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #445 on: March 28, 2022, 03:30:58 pm »

Tittillating?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline shy_talk

• Main Stander
« Reply #446 on: March 28, 2022, 03:43:42 pm »

morse code signalling H, only this time not some cell of bent plod but a different dope.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: March 29, 2022, 09:36:01 am »
Really hated this season to be honest, I have a feeling the finale will be shite too and they'll save most of it for the movie.

Can't remember the last time a tv series I enjoyed finished strongly! or maybe its me being a miserable bastard

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #448 on: March 29, 2022, 10:35:17 pm »
Really hated this season to be honest, I have a feeling the finale will be shite too and they'll save most of it for the movie.

Can't remember the last time a tv series I enjoyed finished strongly! or maybe its me being a miserable bastard

Nah mate, I’m feeling the same. I’m hoping Ozarks last batch of episodes is good. Javi’s been a great character this season.

Peaky Blunders.... I hope they’re not shaping the ending based on a future movie. The final episode is 80mins king, so hopefully they can wrap things up. This season has felt disjointed, like scenes are missing... Stephen Graham’s character seems a waste, he’s magnetic on screen and under-utilized in the season so far.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: April 3, 2022, 01:15:33 pm »
Been good, bad and indifferent. Mosley & Gina randomly together was just odd.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: April 3, 2022, 02:25:38 pm »
Been good, bad and indifferent. Mosley & Gina randomly together was just odd.

I think they knew each other from the US & her getting with Michael was the first step in a long con.

Even if they didn't "Birds of a feather" and all that.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: April 3, 2022, 06:37:18 pm »
Mosley & Gina randomly together was just odd.

There were a few knowing looks in the last series between the pair of them to be fair.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: April 3, 2022, 06:38:12 pm »
I'd completely forgot about the above. Still hope season ends well tonight.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: April 3, 2022, 09:46:11 pm »

Ranting outside the Pub

Offline shy_talk

• Main Stander
« Reply #454 on: April 4, 2022, 12:19:12 am »
Spoiler
So, a bit of batman (the farting about in the fog and the dark), nod to the godfather (bullet in the eye ball, unless it's Brendan Filone) and then what this season has become defined by, Harry Potter aots. Every bleeder in it is conversing with angels, and then fairies and then talking with shadows. Then it turns out hes been spying on absolutely everyone, even stealing mail and is up in everyones business and somehow, Somehow, hes missed that his Doctor is on the payroll of Mosley
[close]

Spoiler
Was Alfie a phantom? he doesnt seem to speak with anyone else.
[close]
How will/can a film work? if it's a stand alone piece it's got some characters to introduce and have an independent story to convey, if its all tied in with the tv series it'll be hours long to wrap up whatever they think is worthy, unless its a two parter. So much introduced seemed to go in the gutter, not least Ada and her kids. Really odd way of half wrapping it up, I wonder if the show got its cult status then exploded in popularity then the original story got shafted and they had to stretch it out cos theyve a transatlantic hit on their hands.

Annoyed.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: April 4, 2022, 01:01:40 am »
Deliberately avoided all Peaky Blinder news so I could watch the series without knowing the end then switched on Newsnight on Friday night and....

Spoiler
We have Stephen Knight on tonight's show talking about where Thomas Shelby goes from here. :no    Thanks for that. no way Thomas Shelby dies in the last episode then   
[close]
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: April 4, 2022, 08:44:27 am »
Spoiler
On the whole thought the series was just MEH!   To be fair though there's no way I saw that twist with the Doctor coming.  Fair play :)
[close]

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: April 4, 2022, 08:47:56 am »
Never watched this. Put the first episode on there and have no idea what accent anyone is trying to use.

Didn't plan it this way, but I watched the final episode last night. Didn't realise it was only broadcast last night too, thought the whole series was released on iPlayer in one go.

Decent enough, but the fact it took me 6 or 7 weeks to watch 6 series that only have 6 episodes each tells its own thing.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: April 4, 2022, 08:59:34 am »
Spoiler
I hope they're not building Finn up to be some sort of Villain for the movie - Because he is a shite character.

I liked the finale but did feel it was a bit baseless, like Michael could have shot Tommy multiple times throughout the season, even in the bar he could've... The reason of Polly saying he won't die by a bullet is just a cop out
[close]

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: April 4, 2022, 09:01:41 am »
The fall off in quality with this and Killing Eve is a sight to behold, more so Killing Eve because that’s been shite since season 2.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: April 4, 2022, 09:07:50 am »
Spoiler
I hope they're not building Finn up to be some sort of Villain for the movie - Because he is a shite character.

[close]

Exaclty what i said to the missus last night.  I'm sure that's what is going to happen

Spoiler
Finn v Duke
[close]

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: April 4, 2022, 09:15:39 am »
I liked the finale but Ada and Arthur were underused characters (in general).

Always good to see Tom Hardy appear as well ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: April 4, 2022, 10:57:24 am »
Question on the finale

Spoiler
Tommy obviously sent Jonny Dogs over to the Canadian island in advance but how did Tommy/Jonny know they were planning to blow him up and how to switch the bomb?
[close]

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #463 on: April 4, 2022, 11:05:33 am »
Question on the finale

Spoiler
Tommy obviously sent Jonny Dogs over to the Canadian island in advance but how did Tommy/Jonny know they were planning to blow him up and how to switch the bomb?
[close]
Spoiler
Hes not daft. He knew something was gonna happen and sent him to scout the area. Once he arrived in the plane he told Tommy what he’d seen and Tommy just said switch em
[close]

Spoiler
I knew that Dr had lied to Tommy about his illness. I thought maybe he’d been threatened though or something. Enjoyed that last show.  Maybe them kids were even with Johnny? Ya know, that the mafia fella talked to about Grand fish? 
[close]

Anyone know
Spoiler
know the song playing when Tommy in his carriage when he was about to shoot himself?
[close]
« Last Edit: April 4, 2022, 11:12:34 am by Capon Debaser »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: April 4, 2022, 11:11:27 am »
Spoiler
Hes not daft. He knew something was gonna happen and sent him to scout the area. Once he arrived in the plane he told Tommy what he’d seen and Tommy just said switch em
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, obviously Tommy knew it was a setup but not sure how he or Jonny would guess they were going to plant a bomb in his car?

No biggie like, Jonny is a crafty sod and could have eyes planted in the bar etc
[close]

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: April 4, 2022, 11:15:55 am »
Spoiler
Yeah, obviously Tommy knew it was a setup but not sure how he or Jonny would guess they were going to plant a bomb in his car?

No biggie like, Jonny is a crafty sod and could have eyes planted in the bar etc
[close]
Spoiler
had he not already nearly been blown up in a car multiple times by that point?
[close]

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #466 on: April 4, 2022, 11:16:18 am »
Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler
Thats not what I’m saying. If Johnnys already there and he sees them doing what they’re doing. Plus you have the guy in the bar who seemed to know what was going on with regards to Tommys flight etc then the kids (Who could’ve been spies). It was all played out in front of witnesses. The guy in the bar, the kids. They all seen the bag. The guy in the bar saw the bomb as it was put on the counter….Even Johnny coulda seen them put the bomb in the car as it was outside in plain sight. The only one Johnny had to avoid was Michael. As the mafia didn’t know who he was
[close]

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: April 4, 2022, 11:24:20 am »
Overall I thought that was a pretty good series. Not as good as 4 which I think was the right mix of the original street gangster story with all the bombastic spectacle too, but still pretty good.

Spoiler
Fair play on the doctor twist, that was really good and I never saw it coming. If a movie is confirmed, I am wondering if that's going to involve the BUF still and the Battle of Cable Street - Tommy owns most of Camden now of Alfie, so with a presence in London I wonder if he is going to help orchestrate the protest. Also seems like Finn vs Duke is going to be a big direction, maybe with Nelson because he was shown as extremely strong but didn't do a lot yet.
[close]

Spoiler
As always as well, great to see Alfie make an appearance. Hardy knows how to chew the scenery just enough to steal a scene (or even an entire episode) without it becoming too obnoxious, imho
[close]

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: April 4, 2022, 12:46:56 pm »

Anyone know
Spoiler
know the song playing when Tommy in his carriage when he was about to shoot himself?
[close]

Pana-Vision - The Smile, I Shazamed it last night.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #469 on: April 4, 2022, 01:43:35 pm »
Pana-Vision - The Smile, I Shazamed it last night.
Lovez yer xx :-*

Radiohead side project. Had a feeling it sounded like them .
« Last Edit: April 4, 2022, 01:47:46 pm by Capon Debaser »

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: April 5, 2022, 10:46:45 am »
I was really surprised at the finale - I thought it was excellent. And thats after really not enjoying the last 2 seasons at all. I just don't understand how they made a mess of nearly 2 full seasons then made such a good finale.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #471 on: April 5, 2022, 10:48:39 am »
I was really surprised at the finale - I thought it was excellent. And thats after really not enjoying the last 2 seasons at all. I just don't understand how they made a mess of nearly 2 full seasons then made such a good finale.
yeah, I’m the same as you mate. It makes me excited to see what the fleem brings now. Dragged us back in at the last

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: April 5, 2022, 10:53:22 am »
Spoiler
I'm not sure I enjoyed the finale that much outside the fact it was full of action scenes, there was no real basis for why the Peaky Blinders spoiled the plans to assassinate Arthur, and kill Tommy in the car.

It just happened and we are supposed to accept it, it all kinda happened in about 25 mins too and made me think what was the point in all the episodes before it?

Why did Johnny Dogs know to swap the bags, why did Arthur know to not be in the pub? Just shite IMO
[close]

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #473 on: April 5, 2022, 11:09:41 am »
Spoiler
I'm not sure I enjoyed the finale that much outside the fact it was full of action scenes, there was no real basis for why the Peaky Blinders spoiled the plans to assassinate Arthur, and kill Tommy in the car.

It just happened and we are supposed to accept it, it all kinda happened in about 25 mins too and made me think what was the point in all the episodes before it?

Why did Johnny Dogs know to swap the bags, why did Arthur know to not be in the pub? Just shite IMO
[close]
Spoiler
the whole bomb thing is obvious to me. The lad who worked in the pub saw the bomb. He knew tommys whereabouts regarding the plane. For me, he’s a friend of the Shelby so to speak. Johnny could’ve quite easily been outside seeing them put the bomb in the boot after being told by the bar man. It’s also funny how after the explosion the bar man didn’t come into the bar to see ‘What the fuck was that all aboot’ as he’d been told to clear off and knew the outcome after they took the bomb out in the bar in front of him and for all to see.

They knew the Irish lad was a grass so it’s safe to say when Arthur was to be handed to the Boston boss on a plate and the IRA to take him out they knew that when telling the Irish grass the whereabouts of Arthur they were doing it on purpose to confirm he was indeed a grass and Inturn be able to set up a plan to counter
[close]
« Last Edit: April 5, 2022, 11:11:13 am by Capon Debaser »

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: April 5, 2022, 11:10:29 am »
Spoiler
the whole bomb thing is obvious to me. The lad who worked in the pub saw the bomb. He knew tommys whereabouts regarding the plane. For me, he’s a friend of the Shelby so to speak. Johnny could’ve quite easily been outside seeing them put the bomb in the boot after being told by the bar man. It’s also funny how after the explosion the bar man didn’t come into the bar to see ‘What the fuck was that all aboot’ as he’d been told to clear off and knew the outcome after they took the bomb out in the bar for all to see.

They knew the Irish lad was a grass so it’s safe to say when Arthur was to be handed to the Boston boss on a plate and the IRA to take him out they knew that when telling the Irish grass the whereabouts of Arthur they were doing it on purpose to confirm he was indeed a grass and I turn be able to set up a plan
[close]

Mmm fair enough, I might just be a thick twat haha.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: April 5, 2022, 11:11:13 am »
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
Tommy had fed "Team Peaky" a load of bullshit in the pub earlier in regards to where Arthur would be.  Knowing Billy the grass (Emmett J Scanlan) would relay it back to the IRA.  That part was pretty believable to be fair.

The whole blow up Tommy with a cartoon bag of dynamite was ludicrous though.  Just shoot him when he stepped off the plane ffs
[close]

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: April 17, 2022, 01:49:55 pm »
2 episodes left of this and this last series has been worse than the one before. Absolutely slog to get through.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: May 3, 2022, 04:50:41 am »
I watched the last episode yesterday. I wonder if Ruby really died from tuberculosis or the fascist doctors killed her?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #478 on: August 4, 2022, 01:54:25 am »
Thought the last series was a bit shit, wish I'd dropped it after S3. Spinning and switching so many plates that it's impossible to care about any individual plot line, and everyone has plummeted even further into charicature. Nobody had the chance to display any sort of depth with the way it was jumping around.

Genuinely think that if they hadn't been so obsessed with raising the stakes every series and turning Tommy into a moody teenage boy's fantasy, it could have been something special. Ah well.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2022, 01:56:13 am by rowan_d »