Author Topic: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs  (Read 317189 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: HAPPY ASTON VILLA OFFICIAL RELEGATION DAY EVERYONE!
« Reply #1400 on: September 16, 2020, 07:32:52 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1401 on: September 16, 2020, 07:33:53 pm »
When Andres reads the messages hes' been left...

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #1402 on: September 16, 2020, 08:17:48 pm »
When Andres reads the messages hes' been left...

"Who is this Gaby Agbonlahor?"

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1403 on: September 16, 2020, 08:19:41 pm »
Well they both wear a child size kit. It just fits Iniesta.

:lmao

So true.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1404 on: September 16, 2020, 08:24:31 pm »
Grealish will have to really pull his socks up if he wants to be as good as Iniesta
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1405 on: September 16, 2020, 08:28:45 pm »
The Catalonian Jasper Carrott, will be so happy to hear about Jacks decision.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1406 on: September 17, 2020, 09:11:45 am »

Reminds me of David Bentley more than Iniesta to be honest.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1407 on: September 17, 2020, 10:01:25 am »
Not the Arsenal Martinez? Pretty decent if it is.

The one and the same yes

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1408 on: September 17, 2020, 01:54:57 pm »
They've had a good window; cherry on the cake if they get Rashica. Now lets see what Smith can do with them.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1409 on: October 5, 2020, 03:59:31 am »
They've had a good window; cherry on the cake if they get Rashica. Now lets see what Smith can do with them.

He's doing well with them isn't he? Dean Smith has been very complimentary of us as well so I don't mind him at all. He could retire tomorrow and never manage again and he'll still be known for this until the end of time.

Fair play to them as they fully deserved that win and weren't dirty or anything of the sort. How many teams get to say they put 7 past Liverpool and could have had 10?  :o

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1410 on: October 5, 2020, 04:27:01 am »
Grealish is absolutely ace. Know his short socks, penchant for diving and his general demeanor really rile people up around these parts but on his day, he’s a joy to watch. Not sure there’s another English player quite like him at the moment in regards to his style of play.

Really wish it hadn’t been this day though. Was also unfortunately impressed with Watkins, he’s a real handful.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2020, 04:34:38 am by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1411 on: October 5, 2020, 04:56:31 am »
He's doing well with them isn't he? Dean Smith has been very complimentary of us as well so I don't mind him at all. He could retire tomorrow and never manage again and he'll still be known for this until the end of time.
Agreed I like Dean Smith comes across as a proper sound guy.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1412 on: October 5, 2020, 05:14:19 am »
It seems like only change they have from last year is Watkins yet they are different like day and night. Who else did they get this summer? Starting the league with 9 pts in 3 matches is impressive for them, they were my relegation candidate.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1413 on: October 5, 2020, 05:40:57 am »
It seems like only change they have from last year is Watkins yet they are different like day and night. Who else did they get this summer? Starting the league with 9 pts in 3 matches is impressive for them, they were my relegation candidate.

I didn't expect to see Ross Barkley playing for them. He played well too. I had no idea he even went there but he's on loan for the season. He's a tidy player and he'll be great for a side like Villa as he'll never make it at a top side. Their new goalkeeper from Arsenal made a few good saves. I'm pretty sure they had one or two other new players in the side as well.

They should be safe from relegation; off the top of my head Fulham and WBA are far, far worse and there surely has to be another team worse then them. Burnley spring to mind.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1414 on: October 5, 2020, 08:51:10 am »
I hold everyone responsible who took the piss in this thread for last nights result.

Villa have made good signings, improved in the right areas. Watkins knows where the back of the net is, versatile and can run in behind. Grealish has been playing with a rocket up his arse. Matty Cash is a great fullback and Martinez is an massive upgrade from what they had. They were solid last year but lacked bite, I think they have found some now. They should be safely midtable.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2020, 08:54:06 am by OOS »
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1415 on: October 5, 2020, 08:54:27 am »
Hope they go down.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1416 on: October 5, 2020, 10:02:44 am »
Hope they go down.

More likely to challenge for European spots than get relegated, going on their form so far.

Obviously last night should never, ever happened... But they are a very decent team from what I have seen of them this season. Watkins and Grealish, in particular, have been class.

Fair play to Dean Smith.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1417 on: October 5, 2020, 10:31:20 am »
Hope they go down.

;D

No chance of that happening I'd say.

Smith has done well there, plus they done great with their signings this season.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1418 on: October 5, 2020, 10:53:50 am »
They kept their best player and have made some really good signings this summer.

Watkins will score the goals they lacked last year, Grealish is quality, Barkley is an upgrade on what they already have in midfield, Konsa is developing into a really good CB. Credit to them, they were smarter in the market this year and strengthened the areas they needed to.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1419 on: October 5, 2020, 10:54:25 am »
Had they sold Grealish in the summer, I'd say they were among the favourites for the drop. The VAR fuck-up that spared them last season looks to have given them new life. Also they've been targeting and signing attacking players during the window, which was their biggest weakness last season

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1420 on: October 5, 2020, 11:36:30 am »
They're a very average team, fortunately for them last night they were playing a team who looked like they were conducting a training session

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1421 on: October 5, 2020, 11:42:36 am »
Watkins was very good last night and I've long rated him, but Gomez made him look far better than he is. He just didn't seem to be able to cope with him physically, which is strange because on a normal day I'd say Gomez is much stronger and almost as fast.

Grealish, for all the wild amount of space he was afforded, was excellent. Lovely weight of pass and touch, he's head and shoulders above anyone in that side. Konsa a far, far better centre half than Tyrone Mings.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1422 on: October 5, 2020, 04:19:24 pm »
Inclined to think this thread title is due an update.

If you'd asked me three weeks ago, I'd have quite possibly predicted that Villa would prop up the table by May - how different thing look a few weeks later...!  Their maximum points-haul from three, plus the relegation candidates of the bottom five having only picked up 4 points between them goes a massive way towards their survival chances.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1423 on: October 5, 2020, 04:40:18 pm »
I like Villa so if anyone had to give us a drubbing then I'd rather it were they than some other sides. Smith seems like a good guy and a steadily improving manager. Grealish is really intelligent and quick-witted and good at reading the game and what is needed in a given situation. Martinez is up there among the better keepers, and Konsa has been a revelation. Watkins looks promising.

The real question is: as we tend to buy players who spank us, which of these Villa players will be at Anfield next season :)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1424 on: October 5, 2020, 05:39:55 pm »
Watkins was very good last night and I've long rated him, but Gomez made him look far better than he is. He just didn't seem to be able to cope with him physically, which is strange because on a normal day I'd say Gomez is much stronger and almost as fast.

Grealish, for all the wild amount of space he was afforded, was excellent. Lovely weight of pass and touch, he's head and shoulders above anyone in that side. Konsa a far, far better centre half than Tyrone Mings.

Watkins held off Van Dijk numerous times, it wasn’t just Gomez. He was really up for it.

Grealish is just brilliant.

Online Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #1425 on: October 5, 2020, 05:57:48 pm »
I like Villa so if anyone had to give us a drubbing then I'd rather it were they than some other sides. Smith seems like a good guy and a steadily improving manager. Grealish is really intelligent and quick-witted and good at reading the game and what is needed in a given situation. Martinez is up there among the better keepers, and Konsa has been a revelation. Watkins looks promising.

The real question is: as we tend to buy players who spank us, which of these Villa players will be at Anfield next season :)
Konsa has always looked good whenever I've seen him, and I think we will be looking for a centre half next summer so might be a possibility. Grealish is v good too, but will probably end up at Utd or City as Villa will be looking for crazy money for him.

Was impressed most by their manager. He set his team up perfectly and did a number on Klopp. Not many managers can say that over the last few years. 

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1426 on: October 5, 2020, 06:01:37 pm »
More likely to challenge for European spots than get relegated, going on their form so far.

Obviously last night should never, ever happened... But they are a very decent team from what I have seen of them this season. Watkins and Grealish, in particular, have been class.

Fair play to Dean Smith.

It will depend on injuries though, so many of these smaller clubs voted no to the five subs rule and I think it will come back and bite many of the arse.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1427 on: October 5, 2020, 07:38:22 pm »
They played well yesterday and thoroughly deserved their win. They have some decent players (as do most of the EPL teams). They’ll wonder now why they won’t play like that again but they will remember last night for a long time.
#JFT97

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1428 on: October 5, 2020, 08:02:51 pm »
They played well yesterday and thoroughly deserved their win. They have some decent players (as do most of the EPL teams). They’ll wonder now why they won’t play like that again but they will remember last night for a long time.
That’s part of what makes it so painful. It’s not like they won’t scalp another’s big club or two at their place this season, but it won’t be so emphatic and I doubt they’ll play that well again or get that sort of luck all year.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #1429 on: October 5, 2020, 09:51:36 pm »
That’s part of what makes it so painful. It’s not like they won’t scalp another’s big club or two at their place this season, but it won’t be so emphatic and I doubt they’ll play that well again or get that sort of luck all year.

They definitely won’t score 3 massive deflections in a game again!
Believer

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1430 on: October 5, 2020, 09:56:34 pm »
They definitely won’t score 3 massive deflections in a game again!
Yep. I mean I don't want to take away too much from what they achieved, or try and make up excuses for us, but this was a freak outcome with regards to the deflections. No matter how badly we blocked, it's surely insanely long odds that three (or was it four?) deflections result as goals - though I do think the keeper could have done better (but let's not start an Adrian argument here; there's a place for it)

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1431 on: October 5, 2020, 10:48:18 pm »
Watkins held off Van Dijk numerous times, it wasn’t just Gomez. He was really up for it.

Grealish is just brilliant.

Grealish is talent with all hype around him last season I would have said he couldn't ever get into our team but on the evidence of last night ...

Does anyone think he could play the Firminho role?
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1432 on: October 6, 2020, 02:49:07 pm »
Grealish is talent with all hype around him last season I would have said he couldn't ever get into our team but on the evidence of last night ...

Does anyone think he could play the Firminho role?
Probably not. Not massively durable or physical. He's better deeper and in wide areas with a free role where can drift - much better as an AM or a Coutinho-style wide player.

My pick to replace Firmino (at some point in the future) has just gone to Juventus for £55m, Federico Chiesa. I'd also back Marcus Thuram, Patson Daka or Sekou Koita though all would need time to adapt to the expectations of that role or we'd be changing system in some ways for them.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1433 on: October 6, 2020, 03:55:57 pm »
On Lodge Lane this afternoon I let a white van man in a Villa shirt pull out of a side street. On the back, written in the dust was Villa 7 Liverpool 2.

:lmao

Let's talk again at the end of the season and see where we are then, eh.

Enjoy your five minutes in the sun. :wave
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1434 on: October 6, 2020, 04:27:38 pm »

Hopefully Grealish. Now he's bulked up and has Shaqiri-esque calves I'm sure Klopp is paying more attention to him.

I'd happily have McGinn as a Milner replacement too.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1435 on: October 6, 2020, 04:35:59 pm »
Now he's bulked up and has Shaqiri-esque calves I'm sure Klopp is paying more attention to him.

Never noticed his calves. He should try to do more to draw attention to them.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1436 on: October 6, 2020, 04:55:48 pm »
He'll need to wear adult size socks soon.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1437 on: October 6, 2020, 06:30:57 pm »
Hes a flicked back brylcream haired, short sock wearing, look at my calves, scoring against us prick.

Not a bad player though.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1438 on: October 6, 2020, 09:12:58 pm »

Why do their fans fucking hate us so much, though?

I'd never come across it until I was working for a company that had a Birmingham office and we'd all get together a couple of times a year. There were 3 die-hard Villa fans and when they found out I was a Liverpool fan, went proper aggy. Almost Everton-levels of hate (and this was about late 00's when we weren't much of a threat to anyone!). Different ages, too: mid-50's, about 40 and 20's. They told me all Villa fans hated Liverpool. I was quite taken aback!  :D
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1439 on: October 6, 2020, 09:29:57 pm »

Why do their fans fucking hate us so much, though?

I'd never come across it until I was working for a company that had a Birmingham office and we'd all get together a couple of times a year. There were 3 die-hard Villa fans and when they found out I was a Liverpool fan, went proper aggy. Almost Everton-levels of hate (and this was about late 00's when we weren't much of a threat to anyone!). Different ages, too: mid-50's, about 40 and 20's. They told me all Villa fans hated Liverpool. I was quite taken aback!  :D
It's a good question. I asked a Villa fan about this once and he says it all went back to when Rafa tried to buy Barry for, in his words, ''an offensively low fee, yow''. My mate said that we (Liverpool and Rafa) had insulted Villa by offering a fee far lower than they felt Gareth Barry was worth, and that the fans would never forgive us. I think Martin O'Neil was manager then and I suspect he stoked this grievance in the fans a bit as well with his usual wittering. That's Martin ''I laughed when they offered me peak-era Falcao'' O'Neil we're talking about here, so clearly a man who knows the value of players to the penny...

Anyway that was my mate's answer. I then spent a fair amount of time explaining to him that even if, for the sake of argument, we accept that we were scandalously lowballing Villa for Barry, this would not be down to Rafa or the fans, it would be the fault of Gillet and Hicks and their reign of misery. I think I managed to convince this one guy and his hatred seems to have diminished.

But if he's right then the rest of the Villa fans seem to still be carrying this most bizarre of grievances around with them.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2020, 09:32:30 pm by Ghost Town »