Author Topic: New Kits Thread  (Read 1002918 times)

Offline MH41

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: New Kits Thread
« Reply #7880 on: June 16, 2021, 11:48:15 am »
That's just typical of the dickheads who design the kits, first and foremost its a footy kit, not a fashion item

Yeah. Can't see them being allowed to wear them against any team wearing any shades of blue, red, maroon shorts etc.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #7881 on: June 16, 2021, 11:52:58 am »
Although didn't our 13/14 3rd kit have odd socks? 🤣

Offline A Langheck

• Kemlynite
« Reply #7882 on: June 16, 2021, 02:10:35 pm »
Not a fan of the modern international kits, mainly being one colour. Germany should be black shorts, France should be white shorts. Hungary in all red?? their colours are white shorts and green socks.
Was watching a video of Spain '82 - some absolute classics in that World Cup......

FIFA meddling, again.....

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #7883 on: June 17, 2021, 02:26:47 pm »
Decent shirt, as usual.  Pity what’s going to be wearing it on the pitch will be shyte, as usual.

New Owners, New Season, New Manager and hopfully a bigger kitty to buy players.
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #7884 on: June 17, 2021, 09:53:45 pm »
New Owners, New Season, New Manager and hopfully a bigger kitty to buy players.

Love the optimism Don!
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Indisponente

• Main Stander
« Reply #7885 on: June 21, 2021, 04:30:02 pm »
Standard de Liege new home and away kit.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7886 on: June 21, 2021, 04:53:36 pm »
Standard de Liege new home and away kit.

I like the Pennywise stripes on the away
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7887 on: June 21, 2021, 05:59:36 pm »
Home is really nice. Clean, straightforward

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7888 on: June 22, 2021, 04:04:57 pm »
Does anyone own any Nike football shirts from the 90s? If so, do the sizes fit true to size?

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7889 on: June 25, 2021, 03:03:58 pm »
What are peoples go-to sites for ordering replica kits? Currently struggling to find the Italy home in a M. Have tried Kitbag, JD and Sports Direct with little success. Sports Direct do have the green renaissance shirt, which I'm finding tempting though.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #7890 on: June 26, 2021, 08:31:29 am »
Does anyone own any Nike football shirts from the 90s? If so, do the sizes fit true to size?
I have the Barca 1998 away (the orange one) in a medium and it’s massive! The arms in particular could fit a shot putter

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #7891 on: June 26, 2021, 10:05:59 am »

They are huge, don't forget the trend for skin tight shirts wasn't around back then

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7892 on: June 26, 2021, 10:19:18 am »
They are huge, don't forget the trend for skin tight shirts wasn't around back then

I think those Kappa ones were the first really tight ones? Worn by Italy, maybe Euro 2000 and then less flatteringly by Wales (didn’t really suit Hartson).

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7893 on: June 26, 2021, 11:23:40 am »
I have the Barca 1998 away (the orange one) in a medium and it’s massive! The arms in particular could fit a shot putter

Haha cheers. The arms I remember being like parachutes, but I couldn't remember how they fit length wise

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7894 on: June 26, 2021, 01:58:16 pm »
I think those Kappa ones were the first really tight ones? Worn by Italy, maybe Euro 2000 and then less flatteringly by Wales (didn’t really suit Hartson).

I fucking hate Italians, the men need to get fatter so clothes fit us porky British fuckers, but no, they insist on being slim and well looked after and their clobber doesn't fit - bastards  >:( ;)

Missus bought me a VR46 t-shirt a few years ago, it was XL and no way is that ever going near me - my lad is just turned 13 and it fits him, so I gave it to him, still got the tags on it :butt
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7895 on: June 26, 2021, 03:43:31 pm »
I found this kit in what appears to be in excellent condition, and site seems legitimate

https://greatestkits.co.uk/collections/bundesliga/products/1995-96-borussia-dortmund-home-shirt-m-9-11

Incredibly tempted

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7896 on: June 26, 2021, 06:10:11 pm »
With the talk of tight t-shirts in here, remember when Cameroon wore basketball jerseys ;D

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7897 on: June 26, 2021, 10:44:40 pm »
With the talk of tight t-shirts in here, remember when Cameroon wore basketball jerseys ;D

That shirt was ace. I had the white one, with sleeves. Proper stylish, me.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7898 on: June 27, 2021, 01:00:04 am »

They should bring that shirt back just to fck with VAR.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7899 on: June 27, 2021, 01:13:29 am »
Anyone remember the one piece kit Cameroon had circa 2002, FIFA ended up banning it, i think that sleeveless kit was straight after the one piece kit?
#Sausages

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7900 on: June 27, 2021, 01:21:55 am »
It was around 2008 or thereabouts. Adidas brought out their 'Techfit' shirts that were skin tight. The back of them had this plastic web pattern melded into it that looked like a gun strap.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #7901 on: June 27, 2021, 01:24:44 am »
Anyone remember the one piece kit Cameroon had circa 2002, FIFA ended up banning it, i think that sleeveless kit was straight after the one piece kit?

they got into a load of trouble over that as they wore it in the AFCON after being told they couldn’t. Think they got points deducted.

I did wonder how on earth they put those kits on, but apparently there was a zip at the shoulders!

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7902 on: June 27, 2021, 01:41:09 am »
Marvellously bonkers.

David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #7903 on: June 27, 2021, 11:25:15 am »
I found this kit in what appears to be in excellent condition, and site seems legitimate

https://greatestkits.co.uk/collections/bundesliga/products/1995-96-borussia-dortmund-home-shirt-m-9-11

Incredibly tempted

I'd be very very careful, these are being repped in China right now.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7904 on: June 27, 2021, 12:24:12 pm »

Think it was after, maybe around 2004 or so. It was a period when Puma were really "experimenting" with football kits and used Cameroon as their proof of concepts. The sleeveless kit in 2002 was their first attempt at doing something different, then the onesie in 2004. I think they got away with the sleeveless kit for the 2002 AFCON, but FIFA forced them to wear some makeshift sleeves for the World Cup that year. Then in 2004, FIFA docked them points going into the World Cup qualifying rounds but then backtracked when Puma/Cameroon wanted to sue them!

That 2-year battle between Puma and FIFA was a weird time looking back, and I'm not even sure why Puma did it in the first place.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7905 on: June 27, 2021, 07:45:13 pm »
How do you get into a one piece onesie football kit? Is there a velcro strap on the shorts or something?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #7906 on: June 27, 2021, 07:50:43 pm »
How do you get into a one piece onesie football kit? Is there a velcro strap on the shorts or something?

zip at the top of shoulders.

Offline dosx

• Kopite
  • This is Anfield
    • LFC
« Reply #7907 on: June 29, 2021, 11:31:37 am »
Carlisle Utd Home & Away 21/22

🔥97🔥

Offline dosx

• Kopite
  • This is Anfield
    • LFC
« Reply #7908 on: June 29, 2021, 11:35:59 am »
Porto Away 21/22

🔥97🔥

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7909 on: June 29, 2021, 07:31:43 pm »
I'd be very very careful, these are being repped in China right now.

What do you mean mate? Not because I want one, just curious ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7910 on: June 29, 2021, 07:36:02 pm »
What do you mean mate? Not because I want one, just curious ;D

There are some high quality fakes out there, and people can be easily get ripped off.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #7911 on: June 30, 2021, 11:23:55 am »
That Porto away is nice. Looks good.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• Legacy Fan

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #7913 on: June 30, 2021, 12:01:22 pm »
There are some high quality fakes out there, and people can be easily get ripped off.

Exactly this.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7914 on: June 30, 2021, 12:36:23 pm »

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7916 on: July 1, 2021, 10:03:18 pm »
State of that. People will actually buy this shit as well thinking they're trendy.

Is that a map of Mordor?

« Last Edit: July 1, 2021, 10:05:06 pm by rob1966 »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7917 on: July 1, 2021, 11:29:03 pm »
Bayern normally do well in the kit department, but that one is a shocker.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #7918 on: July 1, 2021, 11:31:30 pm »
Is that a map of Mordor?

It's probably some place in Bavaria. So to answer your question: Yes. ;)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7919 on: July 2, 2021, 06:31:40 am »
Bayern normally do well in the kit department, but that one is a shocker.  :o

Their 1st and 2nd still look great. This one is for the trendy kids ...