Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3473609 times)

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #54480 on: March 28, 2022, 10:20:17 am »
So many bad shouts in this thread, the man (Will) is getting slaughtered in the media and it takes the shine completely off the biggest night of his career, why the fuck would he put that in jeopardy. He looks like a complete crackpot, what exactly is he getting out of this?

It's a shame it wasn't Ricky Gervais at the Golden Globes, he's had it coming.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #54481 on: March 28, 2022, 10:22:00 am »
Only way he would be able to save face now is try to say it’s staged which it clearly wasn’t

Once he was up and walking didn’t matter how loud the voice of reason was he couldn’t turn back and change his mind

When he was up the steps and on the stage that voice of reason would’ve been a roar. ‘This is going to be disastrous for you’
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 10:23:40 am by rushyman »
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54482 on: March 28, 2022, 10:25:26 am »
Great stuff, absolutely mental. It is quite fun to get a good solid water-cooler event like this that has nothing to do with electoral politics or international conflict or whatever. Smith and his wife are proper weirdos

The "staged" shouts are bizarre but I guess people don't like to think they're being tricked.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54483 on: March 28, 2022, 10:25:59 am »
Of course it wasn’t fucking staged, did you hear the sound? Have you seen the interviews with will smith ? He is cuck and loopy as fuck. All that it shows you is Hollywood is a fucking  disgrace. An assault happens live on television, and they cheer the bloke afterwards. Zero moral compass. But keep going with the woke shite. 
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54484 on: March 28, 2022, 10:29:03 am »
Think this run of turning awards into comedy shows and mini roasts has to end now. I'm all for ribbing someone but I think if my wife had alopecia and someone made a bald joke about her I'd also lose my rag. I'm assuming he thought she'd take it and laugh along as he was initially laughing but seen she was upset by it and reacted. Can't say I blame him too much

Whole thing is a shitshow really
if the Oscar’s and Hollywood wasn’t going down the avenue of everyone needs to be perfect, woke, politically correct, then I would agree. In this instant, fuck them, fuck will smith, and fuck everyone who defends him. And just because you disagree with what someone says, doesn’t mean you should assault them. Today Hollywood condoned that violence.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #54485 on: March 28, 2022, 10:30:38 am »

I dunno, he's pretty trim mate.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54486 on: March 28, 2022, 10:33:02 am »
Of course it wasn’t fucking staged, did you hear the sound? Have you seen the interviews with will smith ? He is cuck and loopy as fuck. All that it shows you is Hollywood is a fucking  disgrace. An assault happens live on television, and they cheer the bloke afterwards. Zero moral compass. But keep going with the woke shite.

What are you on about lad? What 'woke shite'?

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54487 on: March 28, 2022, 10:36:30 am »
So many bad shouts in this thread, the man (Will) is getting slaughtered in the media and it takes the shine completely off the biggest night of his career, why the fuck would he put that in jeopardy. He looks like a complete crackpot, what exactly is he getting out of this?

It absolutely isn't staged. Default setting on RAWK is uber-cynicism though, hence the bizarre shouts on here.

Why would Gervais have deserved it though? He doesn't tend to punch down like Rock did here (not saying Smith was justified either mind you) he takes shots at the super rich, privileged and hypocritical Hollywood circle for being those things - not because they have medical conditions.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54488 on: March 28, 2022, 10:42:43 am »
What are you on about lad? What 'woke shite'?
have you just woken up? Hollywood portrays themselves as the wokest, leftist people going. Yet turn their heads from pedophiles, people who murder, assault, rape etc.

They are the biggest c*nts going. LAD. Today was just another example of hypocrisy. An innocent black man was assaulted, yet the person who did it was clapped, celebrated, cheered.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 10:44:41 am by stevensr123 »

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #54489 on: March 28, 2022, 10:43:39 am »
Chris Rock took that hit, fuck will Smith. Then the crocodile tears after.

I've just seen it again, he's laughing at the joke! Then he must catch Jada's eye and see she ain't laughing so he marches on stage.

Exactly what i thought. He was chuckling away then the camera cut and the next thing he's marching onto the stage.  He's either seen her fuming or she's said something.  Let's hope they don't get him on one of these Comedy Central roasts.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54490 on: March 28, 2022, 10:45:29 am »
A professional comedian resorting to "haha, she's bald jokes" and all the partner of the butt of the joke can think to do is to walk up and slap him.  50 year old men acting like children.

Is it too much to expect that people who are paid to think up funny stuff can come up with something a bit better? I mean it's not like it was an off the cuff response to a heckle from someone he doesn't know, which might be understandable, instead someone actually sat down thought about it before writing it down.

None of it excuses Smith's reaction, of course, which was equally pathetic. It's not like he doesn't have the opportunity to say what he thought about it at a later date, is it?

« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 10:48:25 am by Kekule »

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #54491 on: March 28, 2022, 10:46:50 am »
You can take the man out of Philly...

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54492 on: March 28, 2022, 10:48:52 am »
A professional comedian resorting to "haha, she's bald jokes" and all the partner of the butt of the joke can think to do is to walk up and slap him.  50 year old men acting like children.

Is it too much to expect that people who are paid to think up funny stuff can come up with something a bit better? I mean it's not like it was an off the cuff response to a heckle from someone he doesn't know, which might be understandable, but someone actually sat down thought about it before writing it down.

None of it excuses Smith's reaction, of course, which was equally pathetic.

comedy crosses boundaries, if people are too precious for it they need to cancel themselves from reality.

People seem so insecure and precious these days, it was a joke even will smith thought was funny until his wife was pissed off.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54493 on: March 28, 2022, 10:49:11 am »
if the Oscar’s and Hollywood wasn’t going down the avenue of everyone needs to be perfect, woke, politically correct, then I would agree. In this instant, fuck them, fuck will smith, and fuck everyone who defends him. And just because you disagree with what someone says, doesn’t mean you should assault them. Today Hollywood condoned that violence.

The right wing has entered the chat.

You don’t half talk shite, the right are the biggest crybabies about everything never mind the “woke” culture.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #54494 on: March 28, 2022, 10:52:48 am »

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54495 on: March 28, 2022, 10:53:15 am »
I think watching him dance around in the after party explains everything, they live in a different world and think/know they are untouchable. Probably explains the completely tone deaf and delusional acceptance speech too after he just physically assaulted someone.

He'll be making jokes about it soon enough after the inevitable PR machine kicks in with an apology or two.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54496 on: March 28, 2022, 10:55:26 am »
have you just woken up? Hollywood portrays themselves as the wokest, leftist people going. Yet turn their heads from pedophiles, people who murder, assault, rape etc.

They are the biggest c*nts going. LAD. Today was just another example of hypocrisy. An innocent black man was assaulted, yet the person who did it was clapped, celebrated, cheered.

What has his skin colour got to do with anything? Fucking bizarre shout.

He made a joke out of someone with a medical condition. Someone who has spoken out about their condition in the past. Does it justify getting slapped? Maybe not, but don't make out his skin colour has anything to do with it, especially when it was someone with the same coloured skin doing the slapping.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #54497 on: March 28, 2022, 10:57:13 am »
I understand the Joke was was in bad taste but that is assault. If Smith was not a Hollywood celebrity he would be in a jail cell. Simple as. I have lost all respect for him. Yet the Oscars give him a award for best Actor.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54498 on: March 28, 2022, 10:59:25 am »
comedy crosses boundaries, if people are too precious for it they need to cancel themselves from reality.

People seem so insecure and precious these days, it was a joke even will smith thought was funny until his wife was pissed off.

I wasn't excusing Will Smith, I said his reaction was pathetic.

I don't think it's precious to expect people who get paid to make jokes to be a bit better at it than some mouthy kid in playground. "Haha you're bald" isn't exactly crossing boundaries or breaking new ground in comedy is it?  It's to comedy what "eeeww, you've got a bogey" is to having a argument. 

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54499 on: March 28, 2022, 10:59:44 am »
It absolutely isn't staged. Default setting on RAWK is uber-cynicism though, hence the bizarre shouts on here.

*shrugs*

The actual punch/slap part absolutely looks staged. Why? No idea. Nothing surprises me these days. Its headline news today, everyones talking about it when they're usually not talking about the Oscars. Aiming for some similar post-Golden Globes hype when Ricky hosts them? Maybe. I don't see why people think 'Hollywood' wouldn't go there. Will Smiths an odd guy.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54500 on: March 28, 2022, 11:00:36 am »
I understand the Joke was was in bad taste but that is assault. If Smith was not a Hollywood celebrity he would be in a jail cell. Simple as. I have lost all respect for him. Yet the Oscars give him a award for best Actor.

Rock has declined to press charges.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #54501 on: March 28, 2022, 11:02:11 am »
I can't believe the La La land moment has already been knocked off top spot of craziest awards show moment within just a few years. Really thought that would never have been beaten.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #54502 on: March 28, 2022, 11:02:57 am »

Well that's the Right for you. You sound extremely precious and insecure. Just saying.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #54503 on: March 28, 2022, 11:09:39 am »
Rock has declined to press charges.

The whole thing is a mess and amounts to career suicide for Smith. You gain nothing from this sorry event. The world and his peers saw the real Will Smith last night. If he wanted to fight so bad Wrestlemaina is the weekend, Save it for that. Especially when you are up for one of the main prizes to have it overshadowed like that is stupid.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 11:17:26 am by scouseman »

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #54504 on: March 28, 2022, 11:11:01 am »
 :lmao

i saw the thumbnail about will smith hitting chris rock on the bbc news page and thought 'fucking clickbait but meh, i'll go see'

lol that aint staged, fucking hilarious (i actually like chris rock's standup from years back, no idea what he's like these days, im sure a joe rogan podcast with rock in the future will shed some light on the incident)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 11:14:52 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54505 on: March 28, 2022, 11:11:42 am »
*shrugs*

The actual punch/slap part absolutely looks staged. Why? No idea. Nothing surprises me these days. Its headline news today, everyones talking about it when they're usually not talking about the Oscars. Aiming for some similar post-Golden Globes hype when Ricky hosts them? Maybe. I don't see why people think 'Hollywood' wouldn't go there. Will Smiths an odd guy.

So what's the purpose of it being staged? What was the end game?

Smith was the favourite to win his first Oscar. Why would he want to create the distraction that so many people are talking about it and not the actual win. There's form in Rock 'roasting' Pinkett Smith before so theres that in the background.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #54506 on: March 28, 2022, 11:13:18 am »
I mean if Will Smith felt like he had to defend his wife then he had to defend his wife, and I don't necessarily think a slap is over the top in that regard. If you do that in town on a night out, then you are getting laid out by a lot of people. So that happens. On the other hand, Chris Rock hasn't been hiding under a rock if you forgive me a terrible pun. He's one of the most famous comedians of his generation and perhaps of all time. It isn't a shock that he made a joke that was below the belt, he wont be the first and he wont be the last. I'm not saying that Will Smith has to accept it because Rock is a comic, but we all know how it works and Smith has been around the block just as much as anybody to understand what might get said.

It still all seems a bit weird to me. That's Hollywood, I guess.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54507 on: March 28, 2022, 11:14:14 am »
The whole thing is a mess and amounts to career suicide for Smith. You gain nothing from this sorry event. The world and his peers saw the real Will Smith last night. If he wanted to fight so bad Wrestlemaina is the weekend, Save it for that.

I can't see his career being affected to be honest. Plenty will see it as defending his wife, rightly or wrongly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #54508 on: March 28, 2022, 11:16:00 am »
:lmao

i saw the thumbnail about will smith hitting chris rock on the bbc news page and thought 'fucking clickbait but meh, i'll go see'

lol that aint staged, fucking hilarious (i actually like chris rock's standup from years back, no idea what he's like these days)

Haha I thought the same but didn’t click on it. Then had the radio on and everyone’s talking about it.

All a bit mad. In my expert opinion I don’t think it was staged either, think Capon was along the right lines. A sure sign that it’s a messed up situation. :D

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54509 on: March 28, 2022, 11:16:53 am »
I don't think anyone really comes out of the situation with any credit, and judging the audience for laughing/clapping during what looked like a very confusing and awkward moment just reeks of following preconceptions.

Comedians shouldn't be censored, but it's not like Smith has sat down in the front row of a comedy club and then lost it. He's been nominated for an award, gone to the award show and had his wife insulted out of the blue (plus it was a shit joke). Should he have to choose between going to an awards event and risk being belittled or not show up and miss a huge moment in his career? I don't think so.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 11:19:42 am by Schmidt »

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #54510 on: March 28, 2022, 11:17:48 am »
I just looked on IMDB and there's no sign of a GI Jane 2 being filmed, it's not even in pre-production.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54511 on: March 28, 2022, 11:18:28 am »
I just looked on IMDB and there's no sign of a GI Jane 2 being filmed, it's not even in pre-production.

;D

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54512 on: March 28, 2022, 11:19:47 am »

You don't have a baldy mate
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #54513 on: March 28, 2022, 11:20:19 am »
Seeing the joke, I can see why he was incensed to be fair.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54514 on: March 28, 2022, 11:21:10 am »
Don’t think getting a smack for it was warranted, but there are countless other things that he could have take the piss out of Jada for. Her and Will have been a running joke for a long time now, two deeply embarrassing people as far as I’m concerned. But it seems a bit unnecessarily mean spirited to bring up her alopecia. Would have expected a better joke from someone who is meant to be good at them.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 11:23:33 am by ljycb »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54515 on: March 28, 2022, 11:22:50 am »
Seeing the joke, I can see why he was incensed to be fair.

Imagine the impact of Smith & Pinkett Smith just getting up and walking out. I don't think many would be saying Smith should have just decked him.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #54516 on: March 28, 2022, 11:23:08 am »
I can't see his career being affected to be honest. Plenty will see it as defending his wife, rightly or wrongly.

By all means defend your wife, have a word with him afterwards, tell him it was in bad taste. The fact that he was laughing before he got up is just strange and is such a bad look for him, the Academy and everyone involved really.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54517 on: March 28, 2022, 11:25:38 am »
So what's the purpose of it being staged? What was the end game?

Smith was the favourite to win his first Oscar. Why would he want to create the distraction that so many people are talking about it and not the actual win. There's form in Rock 'roasting' Pinkett Smith before so theres that in the background.

Dunno, create news? We all watch plenty of football, plenty of sport, we all see plenty of celebrities in the news. The media, Hollywood, Sky, whoever seem a lot more interested in 'buzz' than anything actually newsworthy. In a world where Micah Richards guffawing his stupid face off is seen as great stuff, I'm not gonna ignore the idea that this was all set up. Why? No idea but again watching the 'slap' it just looks.....not right. Chris Rock looks prepped for it. Those two (Will Smith and his missus) are odd characters. It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if it was planned that he'd tell the 'joke' and they'd have that moment and then the reaction wasn't planned.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #54518 on: March 28, 2022, 11:27:38 am »

I’m torn on this.  If it were my wife I may of reacted the same, someone basically took the piss out of his missus medical condition , but on the other hand it’s Chris Rock, it’s what he does and Will Smith would of been more than aware of it.

To be fair, Chris Rock has Non-Verbal Learning Disorder (NVLD) a type of autism. He probably has issues reading social cues and likely wouldn't have expected that reaction. I doubt anybody would in all honesty

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #54519 on: March 28, 2022, 11:28:31 am »
Imagine the impact of Smith & Pinkett Smith just getting up and walking out. I don't think many would be saying Smith should have just decked him.

Yep. Bee Gees and Clive Anderson have never looked back.