Author Topic: My mum is misremembering things, acting very strange, making things up...  (Read 8681 times)

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
Re: My mum is misremembering things, acting very strange, making things up...
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2022, 12:05:47 am »
Well this is a rollercoaster.

...so they couldn't get mum on an IV because her body has too much fluid... she needs to be on a low liquid diet to reduce fluids before they administer the sodium.
They did a routine CT scan and found a swelling on the brain :(

SO now waiting for an MRI to find out exactly what it is.
It the meantime she has sat in a chair in A+E waiting for a bed for 36 hours now. FINALLY just got one and has gone to ward. But has to wait 8 hours for the MRI.

Worried sick.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2022, 12:10:43 am »
Well this is a rollercoaster.

...so they couldn't get mum on an IV because her body has too much fluid... she needs to be on a low liquid diet to reduce fluids before they administer the sodium.
They did a routine CT scan and found a swelling on the brain :(

SO now waiting for an MRI to find out exactly what it is.
It the meantime she has sat in a chair in A+E waiting for a bed for 36 hours now. FINALLY just got one and has gone to ward. But has to wait 8 hours for the MRI.

Worried sick.

Fuck, really sorry to hear things haven’t been as straight forward as they initially looked, and your poor mum having to sit there all that time.

Really hoping for the best for your mum. Stay strong
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2022, 12:18:13 am »
Fuck, really sorry to hear things haven’t been as straight forward as they initially looked, and your poor mum having to sit there all that time.

Really hoping for the best for your mum. Stay strong

Cheers mate
Fell so helpless so far away but to be fair if i was thee then there's nothing more i could do.
 Feel for my old  man, making his way from home in New Brighton up to the Wirral University Hospital 2 times a day, bloody takes forever on the bus. He got home about an hour ago and grabbed a beer and we had a brief video call, i guess thats the best way to be supportive. There's nothing he can do now til the MRI which will be 1pm Saturday at the earliest.
The NHS is absolutely on its knees :(

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2022, 12:48:29 am »
Hope she comes through OK. At least it seems they're on it now and getting things done.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2022, 12:59:00 pm »
the swelling could be a cause of the low sodium - you know how these things have a knock on effect so don't give up just yet
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline neilmc74

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2022, 03:12:36 pm »
Glad you got an answer.  My mum had something similar this time last year.  she had gout and the medicine they put her on for that emptied her sodium and electrolytes so ended up in hospital on a drip. 

Offline kj999

• Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2022, 07:26:23 am »
There is a lesion on mums brain, still don't know the nature of it, but she's been put under care of the Walton Centre, so she's in good hands. MRI will happen on Monday. Mum is still very very confused but at least lucid. She doesn't understand why she is in hospital and tried to check herself out!! Not good in her current state of health and confusion! Can't really do anything now til MRI reveals the nature of the brain lesion on Monday. It's going to be a long weekend...  :'(

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2022, 07:53:01 am »
There is a lesion on mums brain, still don't know the nature of it, but she's been put under care of the Walton Centre, so she's in good hands. MRI will happen on Monday. Mum is still very very confused but at least lucid. She doesn't understand why she is in hospital and tried to check herself out!! Not good in her current state of health and confusion! Can't really do anything now til MRI reveals the nature of the brain lesion on Monday. It's going to be a long weekend...  :'(

At least she's safe and in the right place to be sorted once they know the reasons mate.

Wishing you all best that it's not too serious and easily treatable 👍

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2022, 09:11:04 am »

I'm sure Monday can't come soon enough,but as you said she's in good hands so that's something.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2022, 10:45:06 am »

keep hope as not all lesions are dangerous - even brain ones

my brother had a brain abscess (different from a lesion) that affected his hearing and it was just treated with antibiotics and though it's still there, it doesn't affect him at all

just read up on all your mum's ailments and symptoms as it is good to have an understanding of her condition and it will benefit you and enable you to query the doctors and nurses to make sure they are on top of it
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline kj999

• Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2022, 04:47:17 pm »
Thanks for the positivity guys
It's good to hear many anecdotes about situations where it all turned out ok. It's keeping the spirit up!

It's just so weird. My mum is incredibly lucid in her explanation of things , but everything she says is an absolute fabrication that she seems to genuinely believe it's the reality.

4 times today she packed her stuff up to leave hospital, convinced the doc has told her to check out.

She keeps messaging friends to tell them how her weekend was , and each time she regails them with her version of events that never happened.

When I messaged her this morning she reminded me I hadn't sent my address details for the 3rd June. Nothing is happening in the 3rd June and we've never spoken about either that date or any event.

She asked on Facebook today if she could ask permission to share someone's post. It was her own post. She went further to say she had asked permission to share the post and was awaiting a reply.

... These are just a few examples of many. Always lucid, well spoken or well written, absolutely convinced that what my mum is taking about is real. When 99% of it has no basis in reality. It's so strange. I don't know what it is and I'm terrified that my mum will be like this forever 😓

I just hope they find something on Monday, and it's something that can be treated, and treating it will bring my mum back ...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2022, 05:05:21 pm »
My heart goes out to you, mate.

Fingers crossed that whatever's going on can be treated, and quickly too.

All the best to you and you Mum.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2022, 07:24:14 pm »
I've been keeping an eye on this post since it started, goes without saying she is in the best place and as one we are all hoping for a positive outcome and keeping you in our thoughts.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2022, 09:36:21 am »
another avenue to explore is possibly bi-polar (?)

i have a friend who suffers from it and when he's 'high' (that term is used for when he becomes delusional and has nothing to do with drug taking) and has not been treated with medication then he's lucid and could talk for hours (and hours) about subjects and people and events that have previously happened examining them to the minute detail and even events that he thinks have happened or are going to happen

now i'm not saying this is what's happening with your mum but i guess all possibilities should be considered when presented with the symptoms shown

Offline kj999

• Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2022, 12:08:07 am »
Had a long video call with mum last night. If you didn't know her, you'd think she was in perfectly good health. She will talk for ages very clearly and lucidly about what she has done today, what she did last week, when she has planned for the week ahead etc. But it is all a complete load of bollocks, totally fabricated. So very strange.

Today she will have MRI and then hopefully we will know what the swelling in the brain is.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2022, 07:27:31 pm »
Had a long video call with mum last night. If you didn't know her, you'd think she was in perfectly good health. She will talk for ages very clearly and lucidly about what she has done today, what she did last week, when she has planned for the week ahead etc. But it is all a complete load of bollocks, totally fabricated. So very strange.

Today she will have MRI and then hopefully we will know what the swelling in the brain is.
Any news kj? Hopefully your mums been able to have a scan

Offline kj999

• Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2022, 04:32:52 am »
Hi guys
Mum has had 2 CTs and an MRI. The MRI scan showed that Mum has 3 lesions in the basal ganglia. She may need a biopsy to determine what these are and if/what treatment may be possible/required. She is now under the care of the Walton Centre which is the absolute best place she can be. They will have a case meeting on Thursday evening to decide the next course of action. So basically it is a waiting game right now and we will not know anything concrete for another few days at least.

The good news is that Mum is feeling a lot better and the mental confusion that was so concerning has subsided significantly. Her sodium levels are approaching normal so it could well have been that that was causing her confusions. Whether it is linked to brain lesions or not, we don't know. So happy mum is a lot more normal but obviously scared about what these lesions might be.

Offline Rush7V

• Kemlynite
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2022, 10:15:12 am »
Mate,

Reading this reminded me of my mum, she passed away with vascular dementia 4 years ago, at 67 years old :( It was horrific going through some ofwhat you're currently going through at the moment.

If you want to chat, let me know, it helped me loads speaking to others and I know being a bloke we think we can do this and that, but honestly, don't hesitate to reach out.

Ta
R

Offline kj999

• Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2022, 02:17:05 pm »
Mate,

Reading this reminded me of my mum, she passed away with vascular dementia 4 years ago, at 67 years old :( It was horrific going through some ofwhat you're currently going through at the moment.

If you want to chat, let me know, it helped me loads speaking to others and I know being a bloke we think we can do this and that, but honestly, don't hesitate to reach out.

Ta
R

Thank you verey much mate. It's why i came to RAWK with this, its such a supportive community and I know that fellas should talk and its a good place to meet guys who've gone through similar.
So sorry for your loss, 67 is no age :(

Offline kj999

• Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2022, 02:18:18 pm »
The doctor has just told us that based on the balance of probabilities, mum has a primary lymphoma tumour on the brain.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2022, 02:50:09 pm »
The doctor has just told us that based on the balance of probabilities, mum has a primary lymphoma tumour on the brain.

aw man sorry to hear that - might explain the personality change though

gosh she's going through the mill

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2022, 03:13:35 pm »
Ah man that’s shite, Sorry to hear that. Have they said when they’ll know for sure?

Only slight positive I can offer is that a few years back someone on my team had a massive op (about 19 hours) to remove a tumour from his brain. Was successful and he’s absolutely fine now. Obviously every case is different but it’s incredible what they’re able to do now.

Thinking of you and your family

Offline kj999

• Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2022, 04:09:21 pm »
Ah man that’s shite, Sorry to hear that. Have they said when they’ll know for sure?

Only slight positive I can offer is that a few years back someone on my team had a massive op (about 19 hours) to remove a tumour from his brain. Was successful and he’s absolutely fine now. Obviously every case is different but it’s incredible what they’re able to do now.

That's a possiblity and it's what we are pinning all our hopes. The current feeling from the docs is that on balance it is most likely to be a primary and it hasn't spread. Which means the if its accessible, there is a chance it could be removed. Crossing everything.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2022, 04:13:10 pm »
That's a possiblity and it's what we are pinning all our hopes. The current feeling from the docs is that on balance it is most likely to be a primary and it hasn't spread. Which means the if its accessible, there is a chance it could be removed. Crossing everything.

Got it all crossed for you over here mate.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2022, 04:16:27 pm »
Sorry to hear.

Best wishes to your Mum and Family.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2022, 06:32:27 pm »
Fingers crossed for you and your Mum.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2022, 07:35:06 pm »
Sorry to hear that mate, best wishes and hope for a positive outcome from this.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline kj999

• Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2022, 11:35:55 pm »
Cheers guys
Thank you for the kind thoughts  :)

Offline kj999

• Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #68 on: December 2, 2022, 04:38:55 pm »
I'm heading home on Sunday. Work have given me compassionate leave , legends.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 2, 2022, 04:45:00 pm »
I'm heading home on Sunday. Work have given me compassionate leave , legends.

That's good to hear mate.

Hope things improve for you all and you get your old mum back for a good few years yet 👍

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 2, 2022, 05:00:17 pm »

A friend of ours had a brain tumour removed in 2006,it left her with no sense of taste or smell but other than that she's fine.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #71 on: December 2, 2022, 05:58:29 pm »
All the best and everything crossed for your mum.

Offline kj999

• Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #72 on: December 3, 2022, 06:09:20 am »
A friend of ours had a brain tumour removed in 2006,it left her with no sense of taste or smell but other than that she's fine.

Thats good to hear :)

Offline kj999

• Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #73 on: December 7, 2022, 10:19:31 am »
So it seems mum has CNS Lymphoma, which is more complicated. She has lesions on her brain rather than tumour, and lesions cannot be removed. It is looking like chemo is the only option. Still waiting for a biopsy to 100% confirm this, which will happen in the next couple of weeks.

The prognosis for CNS Lymphoma if untreated is dreadful. 2-6 months. However if treated, 50% of people live 10 years or more. I'm clinging onto that second statistic.

I still haven't really digested how my mum has gone from perfectly healthy 66 year old a month ago, to now sitting here and we are being told mum has non-removable cancer and her life is now likely to be limited.

It is not fair :(

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #74 on: December 7, 2022, 10:21:56 am »
I feel for you mate. Best wishes to you and especially your mum.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #75 on: December 7, 2022, 10:35:31 am »
So sorry about all you've been going through, kj - best wishes to you, your mum, and family.

Sounds like the medics have got a process they're working through and like they're learning all the way along - here's hoping the biopsy provides useful & encouraging information.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #76 on: December 7, 2022, 10:48:54 am »
Sorry to hear mate, hopefully it ends up being the best outcome possible considering the circumstances. You'll always have an excellent support network on RAWK
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 7, 2022, 11:18:29 am »
Really sorry to hear this. Hopefully they’re able to manage the situation and provide your mum with a good a quality of life and as much time as they can.

Fingers crossed for you all fella

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #78 on: December 7, 2022, 11:30:23 am »
I'm so sorry to hear this, kj.

Love to you and your mum.

You'll always have support here if you need to offload. Take care of yourself.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #79 on: December 7, 2022, 03:33:11 pm »
It's mad how you can think about people from a forum, when, like me, you're only an infrequent visitor, but that's exactly what I found myself doing the other day after reading this.
If it turns out to be the worst case then make every moment count. I had a relative snatched away in the space of a few months just a couple of years ago, time is precious is the only thing you can take from things like that. So if it does turn out to be that - and even if it doesn't - make them memories because they'll be the ones you still have with you in 20, 30, 40 years. I really hope it turns out well kj, everything crossed for you and your mother.