Author Topic: PL: Everton 1 vs 4 Liverpool Hendo 9' Salah 19’ 64’ Gray 38’ Jota 79’ (booooo)  (Read 41196 times)

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I have never seen anyone else do that before. What a c*nt. If he carries on teams should stop putting the ball out when Everton players go down.

He would, of course, act perfectly calmly and sanely if someone ever did it them.  He'd never start screaming in everyone's faces and chase them all over the pitch trying to kick them up the arse.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
The gobshite started to dive to his left before Jota had even taken the shot. If he stays on his feet, due to the angles, any shot across him he should be able to deflect away with a foot or a hand, depending on height of the shot and then where the ball actually ends up, its just palmed away with a strong hand.

I've said this before about T-Rex, he has no clue about angles and he has no idea where he is in relation to his goal. The Divock goal is a great example of this, as was the one for England, where he dived to give away a corner for a shot that was wide of the post.

Deffo. Always thought that if keepers get the angles right, they are more than half way there. Not just Pickford, but you see other keepers at the top level get this wrong. Often the goal looks a bit odd, as you think what was the keeper doing being there.  I have got some sympathy as he was left a bit exposed last night, but we have been doing that with Alison this season and he always seems to know how to cover as much as possible and make it hard for the oppo striker. Not something you can say about pickford

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
We scored 44 all season in 10/11, and 47 in 11/12

Crikey!

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Agree :)

Glad to help.
Got to make use of me classical education somehow. ;)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
What a performance that was, in a season where we have played some astonishing football I think last night was the best we've played.

The speed of the transitions going forward, the intensity in which we won the ball back, the sheer quality of the goals against a team giving everything they possibly had in their tank to stop us.

What a manager we have, this team is so well drilled, he's achieved this on relative peanuts in comparison to the other top teams

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Deffo. Always thought that if keepers get the angles right, they are more than half way there. Not just Pickford, but you see other keepers at the top level get this wrong. Often the goal looks a bit odd, as you think what was the keeper doing being there.  I have got some sympathy as he was left a bit exposed last night, but we have been doing that with Alison this season and he always seems to know how to cover as much as possible and make it hard for the oppo striker. Not something you can say about pickford

Amazon did some analysis of him last night about how he steps the wrong way trying to anticipate the shot almost. Wasn’t complimentary
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

What a manager we have, this team is so well drilled, he's achieved this on relative peanuts in comparison to the other top teams

Speaking of what a manager we have, has anyone else seen the GIF doing the rounds of Klopp about the celebrate Hendo's opener but realises it's right in Rafa's face so he stops himself mid fist pump and turns around?

No idea how to embed but you can click on it here:

https://preview.redd.it/ef8upsac21381.gif?width=520&format=mp4&s=eecc49eac12b374bfa37e073654a135f47c5320e

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
Can someone please explain why the Everton fans were booing Van Dijk yesterday?

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
Speaking of what a manager we have, has anyone else seen the GIF doing the rounds of Klopp about the celebrate Hendo's opener but realises it's right in Rafa's face so he stops himself mid fist pump and turns around?

https://preview.redd.it/ef8upsac21381.gif?width=520&format=mp4&s=eecc49eac12b374bfa37e073654a135f47c5320e
Hadn't noticed that, but that's pure class from Klopp. He's a passionate winner but he also respects Rafa and what he did for us, and that showed good restraint considering how pumped up he usually gets when we score.

When its Guardiola or Tuchel however, he can run the length of the pitch with his coat flapping behind him like a cape, and then do a superman dive in their technical area.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush

I saw that too and thought it was a typical classy move by JK to avoid "taunting" a respected manager. 

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Amazon did some analysis of him last night about how he steps the wrong way trying to anticipate the shot almost. Wasn’t complimentary

That shows the gulf in class between him and Ali. Ali makes the job look easy, as he knows where the striker is going to go/what he will do or makes him do what he wants him to do. First time I saw it was that freekick at I think Palace, where he stood in a position to force the shot to go to the left then sets off moving and makes what looks like a routine save.

Oh and why the fuck did Virg take that free kick? :lmao  My lad was saying this is a goal when Trent picked the ball up, as T-Rex won't reach it with his small arms, then Virg fucks it up.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Can someone please explain why the Everton fans were booing Van Dijk yesterday?

Because he made too much of it.
We were too annoyed.
Press covered it too long.
‘Always the victims’

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Funnily enough, to my untrained eye, I don't think he did a lot wrong for that goal. I can see why some might think he made Salah's mind up where he was going to place the shot but too far the other way and Salah would have had a chance at the near post and we've seen him score a few with his right like that.

Also, I think it's my favourite goal from yesterday, there's an angle from behind the goal where you can see the ball bending in that's just beautiful. And I don't want anything to detract from that.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
In what language? English or Portugese?

Portuguese.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
That shows the gulf in class between him and Ali. Ali makes the job look easy, as he knows where the striker is going to go/what he will do or makes him do what he wants him to do. First time I saw it was that freekick at I think Palace, where he stood in a position to force the shot to go to the left then sets off moving and makes what looks like a routine save.

Oh and why the fuck did Virg take that free kick? :lmao  My lad was saying this is a goal when Trent picked the ball up, as T-Rex won't reach it with his small arms, then Virg fucks it up.

Van Dijk used to take quite a few before coming to us and is apparently really good at them in general. Maybe he just fancied his chances and has been hitting them well in training.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
I do actually remember David Thompson doing something similar for us once - kicking a ball back thrn immediately chasing after it. Only that time, the ref immediately blew and booked him for unsporting conduct, which is what the ref should have done last night

Not quite the same, but in the 2006 FA Cup final, just before Gerrard's equaliser, we gave the ball back to West Ham near their own corner flag and then immediately closed them down, forcing them to kick it downfield straight back to us. The rest is history. ;D

16:45 in this video

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xMCQg27GlKI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xMCQg27GlKI</a>

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Van Dijk used to take quite a few before coming to us and is apparently really good at them in general. Maybe he just fancied his chances and has been hitting them well in training.

Virgil rattled in a few at Celtic along with the odd long range effort too.

Would have preferred Trent but you can see why he wanted it

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKFi-optIVk
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKFi-optIVk

There we go, he even has one of those dodgy youtube videos with terrible music over the top.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
Pickford should realise that if he was half as good as he thinks he is he wouldn't still be picking the ball out of the net for a club like Everton. Lad needs to have a word with himself.

If he was half as good as he thinks he is he'd be twice as good as he actually is.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
If he was half as good as he thinks he is he'd be twice as good as he actually is.

Well quite. Which makes this paragraph from Tim Rich’s iPaper match report not just bizarre, but head-scratchingly daft, particularly when the current incumbent is a truly world class operator:

“During an excruciating first half, Pickford, one of the very few members of Benitez’s side who would merit consideration for Klopp’s, was to make several fine saves”
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan

“During an excruciating first half, Pickford, one of the very few members of Benitez’s side who would merit consideration for Klopp’s, was to make several fine saves”

"one of"

Not one of their squad would get anywhere near ours.

There seems to be a general blind spot with most commentators/pundits over just how good our keeper is.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Well quite. Which makes this paragraph from Tim Rich’s iPaper match report not just bizarre, but head-scratchingly daft, particularly when the current incumbent is a truly world class operator:

Up there with one of the worst shouts I've ever seen.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
"one of"

Not one of their squad would get anywhere near ours.

There seems to be a general blind spot with most commentators/pundits over just how good our keeper is.

"Merit consideration during bouts of hysterical laughter."
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Probably loves all those pointless dives.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Big Ali may as well retire today if there are journos thinking Pickford has a chance of getting into our team. I'd take Kellerher over him evrey day of the week too.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
"Rafa's got the blues, got the blues, Rafa's got the blues" we were singing to the same tune as "Ole's at the wheel".

Nothing wrong with that for me

It was definitely Rafa's at the wheel.

To be fair, that song would work for any one of Salah, Jota or Hendo. Take your pick!

It was sung with Salah's name instead of Mane's last night, we can just pick and choose any player to fit every December it seems ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.

Tim Rich needs to cut back on the drugs.

"England's Number One" being sung as he slips on his arse taking a goal kick. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
It's weird with Pickford, it's like all Journos and ex pros get selective amnesia regarding him, the times i've heard or read that Pickford's distribution is excellent, his kicking is shocking, most of his kicks go out of play or go to an opposing player, he's a average goalkeeper and the poster boy for why one of the world's top footballing nations has had a problem in producing average goalkeepers the last 2 decades.

All these goalkeepers that have played for England since Seaman, you could say Paul Robinson was the first of the batch to Ramsdale today , good reflexes/shot stopper and that is it, for the modern game English coaching is still producing this style of Keeper from a bygone generation.

Pickford, Pope, Ramsdale, Butland, Henderson, Johnston is an awful list for a England team with ambitions of winning things.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2021, 04:00:09 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
It's weird with Pickford, it's like all Journos and ex pros get selective amnesia regarding him, the times i've heard or read that Pickford's distribution is excellent, his kicking is shocking, most of his kicks go out of play or go to an opposing player, he's a average goalkeeper and the poster boy for why one of the world's top footballing nations has had a problem in producing average goalkeepers the last 2 decades.

All these goalkeepers that have played for England since Seaman, you could say Paul Robinson was the first of the batch to Ramsdale today , good reflexes/shot stopper and that is it, for the modern game English coaching is still producing this style of Keeper from a bygone generation.

Pickford, Pope, Ramsdale, Butland, Henderson, Johnston is an awful list for a England team with ambitions of winning things.

It's literally because he can kick the ball a long way. The only problem is it's usually a long way in to the stands.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
It's literally because he can kick the ball a long way. The only problem is it's usually a long way in to the stands.

Yeah pretty much, he does the Reina thing of sweeping kicks that send the ball really low and flat across long distances. The difference is Reina would kick it to a player, not some screeching urchin in the 5th row.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Because he made too much of it.
We were too annoyed.
Press covered it too long.
‘Always the victims’

And Pickford was only getting retribution for VVD' season ending assault assault on James knackers.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Yeah pretty much, he does the Reina thing of sweeping kicks that send the ball really low and flat across long distances. The difference is Reina would kick it to a player, not some screeching urchin in the 5th row.

To be fair to the urchin he's screeching because his auld fella is just about to trebuchet him at Allison.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

His distribution is dreadful. It's only useful when he kicks it long enough for Calvert Lewin to win the flick on or hold it up, but it's all very kick and rush as a tactic.

He's a decent shot stopper but overrated on that metric because he does the Hollywood save every time. He makes the saves he should be making look spectacular but when a shot is well placed he's easily beaten (i,e last night). He also inspires no confidence in his defence. He's similar to someone like Mignolet, really.

Ramsdale will be the number 1 before long (although he's basically just an improved version of Pickford).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
In what language? English or Portugese?

Pidgin English.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The gobshite started to dive to his left before Jota had even taken the shot. If he stays on his feet, due to the angles, any shot across him he should be able to deflect away with a foot or a hand, depending on height of the shot and then where the ball actually ends up, its just palmed away with a strong hand.

I've said this before about T-Rex, he has no clue about angles and he has no idea where he is in relation to his goal. The Divock goal is a great example of this, as was the one for England, where he dived to give away a corner for a shot that was wide of the post.

Diogo was clever in that he looked down at the ball and shaped like he was about to blast it to the far post and diddy arms fell for it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Those that would take the piss out of Rafa are no better than Richard Keys. Think on.

Who has ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Richarlison is a prize dickhead. Supposed to give us the ball so kicks it towards the general area of a player so he can try to press and just win it straight back near goal
He is one horrible twat. Was it just me or did anyone else see him push his head back into Matip's face after they'd challenged for the ball together in the air ? He wants punching good and hard.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan

Fucking hell.
Is he Pickfords agent?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Diogo was clever in that he looked down at the ball and shaped like he was about to blast it to the far post and diddy arms fell for it.

A good keeper, like Ali, knows his angles and knows where the ball can likely go, so doesn't fall for that. Pickford is shite, so does ;D
Jurgen YNWA