Author Topic: Circus Boxing Thread  (Read 20820 times)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Re: Circus Boxing Thread
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2021, 09:29:36 pm »
This crap wouldn't be happening if there wasn't a market for it.

Still it shouldn’t have been sanctioned by the State boxing commission. This is turning into a fucking farce. Where is the respect for the sport?

Online Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2021, 11:39:07 pm »
Still it shouldn’t have been sanctioned by the State boxing commission. This is turning into a fucking farce. Where is the respect for the sport?
Yeah, surely the blame for this actually being an event and being promoted and televised lies at the door of the sanctioning body.
No approval for the fight and it's basically an illegal bout, no?

I couldn't see our good old FA 'sanctioning' a footy match at Wembley between 11 YouTubers and 11 ex-Pro footballers.

But then again.. that'd be similar to SoccerAid wouldn't it?  :-\

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2021, 08:46:51 am »
Quick question, and this might be unpopular, but if Jake Paul is actually interested in a proper boxing career what's the difference between these fights and Eddie putting his young starlets in against Latvian plumbers?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2021, 08:51:28 am »
I couldn't see our good old FA 'sanctioning' a footy match at Wembley between 11 YouTubers and 11 ex-Pro footballers.

But then again.. that'd be similar to SoccerAid wouldn't it?  :-\

As you corrected yourself, it literally happens a couple of times a year in football and has for years.

If there was a market for you and your mates playing 5 a side, one team in skins, then you could get it at Wembley and on TV. Don’t see how these fights are any different.

Are they shite, completely. However they aren’t making a mockery of the sport anymore than other amateur bouts do.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2021, 09:54:08 am »
SoccerAid is a fundraising event for charity and is supposed to be a bit of craic for all involved.

These circus fights are being deemed as professional fights.

Quick question, and this might be unpopular, but if Jake Paul is actually interested in a proper boxing career what's the difference between these fights and Eddie putting his young starlets in against Latvian plumbers?

If he was fighting boxers with a legitimate goal to do something in the sport then I'd be inclined to agree, but he isn't.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2021, 09:56:24 am »
You reckon those Latvians are in it for anything other than the money Eddie gives them to last a few rounds with his upcoming boxers?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2021, 09:58:46 am »
They're in it to pay the bills.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2021, 10:02:20 am »
Because those Latvian plumbers are professional boxers with a ranking who are generally the same size as the guy they're fighting.  If Jake Paul really wants to fight a top-20 ranked cruiserweight then good for him.  If he's really interested in a professional boxing career then he wouldn't be fighting washed up welterweights from a completely different sport.

It's just classic WWE marketing.  People want to see these dickheads get knocked out so they tune in, unaware that the thing is rigged and the other guy is there for a payday not to actually compete.  The minute one of these guys gets in the ring with someone their own size who knows what they're doing, they'll get blasted out and the whole circus will end.  So they'll stick to the washed up UFC guys.

Normally I wouldn't care, a fool and his money are easily parted etc.  But boxing is a hard game to make a living at, and every £ these guys hoover up is a £ that could have gone to someone taking the sport seriously.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2021, 10:06:13 am »
They're in it to pay the bills.

Woodley got £2m+ for that fight, more than he did for any of his UFC fights, won't that go towards paying bills?

Because those Latvian plumbers are professional boxers with a ranking who are generally the same size as the guy they're fighting.  If Jake Paul really wants to fight a top-20 ranked cruiserweight then good for him.  If he's really interested in a professional boxing career then he wouldn't be fighting washed up welterweights from a completely different sport.

It's just classic WWE marketing.  People want to see these dickheads get knocked out so they tune in, unaware that the thing is rigged and the other guy is there for a payday not to actually compete.  The minute one of these guys gets in the ring with someone their own size who knows what they're doing, they'll get blasted out and the whole circus will end.  So they'll stick to the washed up UFC guys.

Normally I wouldn't care, a fool and his money are easily parted etc.  But boxing is a hard game to make a living at, and every £ these guys hoover up is a £ that could have gone to someone taking the sport seriously.

Good reply mate, thanks. If he is serious about boxing and then goes on to do something in the sport then these fights will be no different than a bloke who is just turn up to get punched for a few rounds at Eddie Hearn's expense.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2021, 10:21:29 am »
Woodley got £2m+ for that fight, more than he did for any of his UFC fights, won't that go towards paying bills?

Good reply mate, thanks. If he is serious about boxing and then goes on to do something in the sport then these fights will be no different than a bloke who is just turn up to get punched for a few rounds at Eddie Hearn's expense.
The thing is, if you're serious about the sport and you want to move up the levels, fighting these guys is not going to help.  You're not going to learn anything against some jobber who has never boxed before.  Say what you like about Eddie and his Latvians, but those guys are boxers, you learn something from fighting them. 

If the likes of Jake Paul started fighting real boxers they wouldn't get past area title level.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2021, 11:07:24 am »

I don't blame him in the slightest for taking the fight for that kind of money. But without it he can still put food on the table and clothes on his kid's back (No idea if he has kids or not  :D), but many of the journeymen in boxing don't have that luxury.

I would have less issue with these events if they were billed as exhibitions, but it's the fact they are billed as pro fights that grinds my gears. A YouTuber against a basketballer was given pro status.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2021, 01:52:43 pm »
That dickhead would get his arse handed to him by any top 50 Crusierweight for fucks sakes.

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2021, 04:33:49 pm »
Absolutely wide open when he throws his shots.

Even Tommy Fury would beat him.
20 and 7

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2021, 06:30:43 pm »
Absolutely wide open when he throws his shots.

Even Tommy Fury would beat him.

Have you seen Tommy Fury in the ring? He's another clown.

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2021, 07:26:20 pm »
Have you seen Tommy Fury in the ring? He's another clown.

I agree, but Paul really is terrible.
20 and 7

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2021, 08:44:36 pm »
The young starlets generally don't get paid seven or eight figures for beating up the electricians. Also, as has been said, they generally fight actual boxers who are approximately the same size (not always mind; check out any Frank Warren card) who have a modicum of actual boxing ability. Paul has thus far beaten fellow YouTubers, a former MMA guy who didn't bother training, and a much smaller MMA guy who isn't much good at boxing.

A moderately competent journeyman cruiserweight with a bit of experience would likely beat him if given due notice to get in shape. Paul has zero interest in a proper boxing career. Why would he when he can 'play' at boxing and made several hundred times the money?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 3, 2021, 08:33:11 pm »
Top circus news today; Oscar DLH has had to pull out of his fight with Vitor Belfort next week after testing positive for covid*. No problem though, because Evander Holyfield has stepped in to replace him.

* same 'variant' as Tyson Fury I reckon...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 3, 2021, 08:47:34 pm »
My respect for Lennox Lewis grows each passing day. He collected his money,went out on top and stayed retired. Even though he's been offered millions to come back.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 3, 2021, 09:58:02 pm »
Looks like it was legit mate, Oscar's been taken to the hospital apparently.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 4, 2021, 07:44:23 am »
Freddie Flintoff has a lot to answer for. Get well soon Oscar.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2021, 12:52:41 am »
I see Tommy Fury is going to fight Jake Paul the YouTuber in December

God i hope Fury knocks him out, but i wonder if it will be in the contract that he's not allowed to....

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: December 6, 2021, 03:44:22 pm »
I see Tommy Fury is going to fight Jake Paul the YouTuber in December

God i hope Fury knocks him out, but i wonder if it will be in the contract that he's not allowed to....

I see Tommy Fury has bottled his fight with Jake Paul the YouTuber in December  :lmao

What a fucking bum.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #102 on: December 6, 2021, 03:46:06 pm »
I dont know why it was ever billed as the twat finally fighting a proper boxer, because Tommy Fury isn't either.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #103 on: December 6, 2021, 08:06:15 pm »
I see Tommy Fury has bottled his fight with Jake Paul the YouTuber in December  :lmao

What a fucking bum.

Not surprised he's pulled out of it, The Fury camp won't be happy

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #104 on: December 6, 2021, 09:43:05 pm »
That Jake Paul has a top 10 of Boxers he wants to fight before "retires".

Devonte is one of them apparently. ;D

I want to know the rest of the list.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: December 6, 2021, 10:31:25 pm »
Tommy Fury banging on about him hitting the lottery, begging Paul not to pull out and he pulls out himself the absolute melt.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: December 6, 2021, 11:44:12 pm »
That Jake Paul has a top 10 of Boxers he wants to fight before "retires".

Devonte is one of them apparently. ;D

I want to know the rest of the list.

AnEsonGib
Nate Robinson
Ben Askren
Tyron Woodley
Canelo :lmao
Nate or Nick Diaz
Kamaru Usman
Tommy Fury
McGregor
KSI
Gervonta Davis
Logan Paul

Was the list I saw, the first 4 of which he fought. So a list of people he knows he'll never get to fight but will try and talk/blag his way to and a list of people barely anyone gives a fuck if he fights as the fights mean nothing

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 7, 2021, 01:37:04 pm »
Tommy Fury banging on about him hitting the lottery, begging Paul not to pull out and he pulls out himself the absolute melt.

Just ruined his career in one move.

Should have boxed him no matter what.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 7, 2021, 02:15:44 pm »
Just ruined his career in one move.

Should have boxed him no matter what.

You're giving him too much credit does he even have a career.

I actually thought his real name was Tyson Furys brother as that is all anybody says on tv !

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2021, 05:14:24 pm »
Tommy Fury still wants a go...

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2021, 05:27:48 pm »
Hope Jake Paul freezes him out and failing that, I hope he knocks him out!

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2021, 05:36:11 pm »
Hope Jake Paul freezes him out and failing that, I hope he knocks him out!

As much as i think tommy fury looks really silly for pulling out, i can't stand this jake paul bloke someone really does need to knock him out, preferably a boxer and not an mma star

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2023, 10:46:22 am »
Tommy Fury v Jake Paul this weekend in Saudi

£19.95 on BT sport

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2023, 01:01:26 pm »

£19.95 on BT sport

:lmao :lmao :lmao :mooncat

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2023, 01:15:47 pm »
Really wondering if this thread belongs in Media and Arts...

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2023, 10:46:42 pm »

£19.95 on BT sport
The saddest thing is that more fools will pay for that than a fight between two BOXING world champions, for the most part.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2023, 09:16:57 pm »
This is the only boxing thread that should be in use for this shit show.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2023, 09:20:34 pm »
What the actual fuck nonsense did I hear tumble out of Tyson's mouth just then??

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2023, 09:21:09 pm »
Imagine someone paying for this

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2023, 09:57:13 pm »
There's a round by round script doing the rounds on social media. Hopefully it's bollocks and Paul gets knocked out.