Author Topic: The FA Cup.  (Read 23673 times)

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
Re: The FA Cup.
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2021, 05:18:12 pm »
how do the clubs decide which fans get to go to a game like a final having been no fans at games because of Covid?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2021, 05:19:16 pm »
how do the clubs decide which fans get to go to a game like a final having been no fans at games because of Covid?

Special giant ediiton of "The Weakest Link"
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2021, 05:20:02 pm »
Leicester defence looking nervous at the start.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2021, 05:20:37 pm »
Probably due to kick off times, but sunny cup finals seem to be a thing of the past.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2021, 05:21:46 pm »
How many fans allowed in today?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2021, 05:22:16 pm »
Really good to hear these Leicester fans back in the stadium.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2021, 05:23:01 pm »
How many fans allowed in today?

21,000 I think

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2021, 05:24:02 pm »
21,000 I think

:thumbup

Christ, that new Chelsea shirt is bad, could bring on a migraine. I like the Leicester one though.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2021, 05:25:28 pm »
:thumbup

Christ, that new Chelsea shirt is bad, could bring on a migraine. I like the Leicester one though.

Our new one is not much better mate with the orange on the home shirt. Nike kits for you I guess

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2021, 05:25:40 pm »
Do you think Robbie Savage watched Chelsea play Madrid. He's only mentioned it a thousand times on BT.

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2021, 05:28:01 pm »
The 1974 cup final was the game in which I first fell for the reds.

I had been into football for a few years before that. My parents weren't football fans but my Scottish grandpa was, and I used to go and watch Arniston Rangers, the junior team at the end of his road, with him, when I visited with my mum and dad. I used to buy the football cards with the bubblegum in so I knew a lot of the English league players and was quite obsessed with looking at the results in the Sunday paper my dad bought. The first game I can remember watching on TV was the 1972 cup final - Leeds v Arsenal. As others in this thread had said, the cup final was the only club game on TV then and it was on for the whole day - kind of a national event - obviously if your club was playing it was massive but if not, you'd watch it anyway.

I never followed a particular team back then. My best mate at school was an Everton fan and his dad took a few of us to Goodison for his birthday against Sheffield United, but luckily I wasn't convinced. He bought us a curly wurly before the match and that was the thing I enjoyed most about it.  A lucky escape! Then a few weeks later, one of my other friend's parents brought a colour TV (most other people I knew still had black and white back then) and I was invited round to his house to watch the cup final - Liverpool v Newcastle.

I don't know what it was that sucked me in that day. Shankly? Seeing the red shirts against the green of the pitch? The fans and their songs? The quality of the football we played (I remember that we absolutely destroyed them)? Kev Keegan's goals? David Coleman's commentary (1-0 - goals pay the rent and Keegan does his share!)? Who knows what it was but from that day onwards, Liverpool was my team.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2021, 05:30:43 pm »
Do you think Robbie Savage watched Chelsea play Madrid. He's only mentioned it a thousand times on BT.

I decided BBC was the lesser of two evils. Probably not much between them though!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2021, 05:31:34 pm »
Come on Leicester!

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2021, 05:32:01 pm »
I decided BBC was the lesser of two evils. Probably not much between them though!

Obviously drew lots for which one of them had the pleasure of not having to work with Jenas.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2021, 05:32:12 pm »
Perez is such a poor player, has no outstanding attributes at all. Too weak to play in middle against Chelsea too.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2021, 05:33:17 pm »
I don't normally start threads, but something rather sad struck me today.

I genuinely didn't know that it was FA Cup Final day today until I read it in the morning paper. OK, I have reigned in my football viewing and football media watching in to the extent that I only really bother watching highlights of our games now then I switch off. VAR and desperately poor officiating have killed live games for me. Yet, I don't live in a bubble with my eyes and ears shut either.

When I was growing up the FA Cup was magical. You looked forward to the final for a long time in advance, even if your club wasn't playing in it. The build-up was immense and quite thrilling. It really, really meant something. Even though the old Empire Stadium was a shithole, getting there was the Holy Grail. I know the appeal has been on the wane since maybe the 90s, but I think this might be the first year I didn't even realise what day/date the final was on or who was playing in it.

I know there are so many contributing reasons why the FA Cup has lost its way and its status, but it's still sad. There isn't even an FA Cup Final thread on here, and that says a lot.

Younger people may not feel the loss, but as an older fella I find it quite sad to see what has become of this once magical trophy, which has provided so many fantastic memories, the occasional heartbreak and some epic fan experiences.
I remember watching the coverage as a kid. Used to love the build up and watching the players travelling down on the coach!

What is nice about this years is being able to watch a final that the sports washers aren’t going to stroll. I’ve not watched any of their domestic cup finals in recent years.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2021, 05:35:49 pm »
Fans won that handball

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2021, 05:36:16 pm »
Leicester doing well. Need to make it count

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2021, 05:37:29 pm »
Was Simon Mignolet the last keeper to be penalised for overholding the ball? Seems like they can hold on forever nowadays.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2021, 05:38:50 pm »
Was Simon Mignolet the last keeper to be penalised for overholding the ball? Seems like they can hold on forever nowadays.

R.E.M got the rule changed

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2021, 05:39:20 pm »
Soyuncu has been shocking so far

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2021, 05:39:21 pm »
God it's so nice having fans back in.
:D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2021, 05:39:46 pm »
Bit spitty there

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2021, 05:40:10 pm »
Lashing it down during an FA cup final... mental this season. Everything is backward.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2021, 05:40:54 pm »
It's raining, Ted.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2021, 05:41:47 pm »
Soyuncu has been shocking so far

So has Iheanacho

Been a bit of a strange game so far

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2021, 05:42:10 pm »
Scrappy game.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2021, 05:42:18 pm »
Remember knowing straight away the resulting free kick would go in.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2021, 05:43:08 pm »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2021, 05:44:31 pm »
God it's so nice having fans back in.

Yup, makes such a difference.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2021, 05:45:01 pm »
Would still love us to win the FA Cup again. It’s nothing compared to the big two, and to an extent you almost have to sacrifice one of them to win it, but it stands out as a weak spot on our honours list.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2021, 05:45:54 pm »
Ah Werner....

He better not start the CL final.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2021, 05:47:17 pm »
Ah Werner....

He better not start the CL final.
You’ve decided who you want to win? It’s honestly an impossible question for me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2021, 05:47:53 pm »
Johnny Evans injured

Lol

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2021, 05:48:22 pm »
Evans injured.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2021, 05:48:51 pm »
draw is a good result here, we get closer to both teams when we beat westbrom.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2021, 05:48:52 pm »
Werner is doing brilliantly, Rodgers will be delighted with his game so far...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2021, 05:49:16 pm »
Exciting stuff from this game so far

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2021, 05:49:53 pm »
You’ve decided who you want to win? It’s honestly an impossible question for me.

Not a lot in it. But funnier if Guardiola fails in the CL yet again and the sportswashers have another season without the big one.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2021, 05:50:06 pm »
draw is a good result here, we get closer to both teams when we beat westbrom.

Ya' what?

The Cup Final result has no bearing on League points.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.