Author Topic: Is Google/WhatsApp/Facebook listening to our conversations for targeted ads?  (Read 107809 times)

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
I was talking to my girlfriend the other night about the last time we played Chelsea in a league cup final and mentioned the banner about Tim Lovejoy sucking big fat cocks, the next day he pops up in an ad on my facebook promoting a hair growth product.

Just glad it wasn't big fat cocks!

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
Not a mystery this one but googled smart thermostats this morning as thinking of getting one installed and wanted to look at the different options available now.

A few hours later get an email from Google Nest promoting their thermostat which I have not ever had before.

Highly recommend Tado

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
100% some apps do and you can read it in the terms and conditions.

If something is free, you’re the product.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Highly recommend Tado

Thanks, will have a look.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
I was talking to my girlfriend the other night about the last time we played Chelsea in a league cup final and mentioned the banner about Tim Lovejoy sucking big fat cocks, the next day he pops up in an ad on my facebook promoting a hair growth product.

Just glad it wasn't big fat cocks!

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
100% some apps do and you can read it in the terms and conditions.

If something is free, you’re the product.

Which ones?
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
This seems as good a place as any to share this. John Oliver did a deep dive on cookies, data farming and data broking last night. It's very interesting and creepy, and the ending is absolute gold. ;D

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/DxlEaLTG42I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/DxlEaLTG42I</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Me and a few work colleagues do a quiz from The Times a few times a month over Teams.

On Friday one of the questions was "That's not all folks! is a 1988 autobiography by Philip Bashe and which US voice actor?"
The answer was Mel Blanc.

Yesterday I'm scrolling FB and a 'suggested for you' page is Old Classic Cartoons with this image

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Yeah, you probably shouldn't have googled for the answer.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.