Author Topic: Atletico Madrid  (Read 31161 times)

Online downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
Re: Atletico Madrid
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2014, 12:50:45 am »
Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague  5m
Atletico would have to pay 6m euros to play Courtois against Chelsea.

Fucking Chelsea. well, I actually think Atleti are the best suited team to beat Chelsea out of the other 3. If teams with Julian Speroni and Brad Guzan could beat Chelsea, I'm certain Atleti will still have a great chance even without Courtois

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2014, 12:54:25 am »
Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague  5m
Atletico would have to pay 6m euros to play Courtois against Chelsea.
Jorge Mendes via a sponsorship it is then.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2014, 12:54:31 am »
I don't think Atleti will be paying that much for a goalkeeper to play 2 matches
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Leecher9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2014, 12:55:04 am »
They are doing me proud at the moment. Put 15 pound on them at the start of group stages to win it at 18/1. Some tough teams left but they have a good chance imo.  ;D

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2014, 01:23:52 am »
Since there is this thing about CL that no manager will catch paisley's 3, I guess this is Atleti's CL to lose now ;)

Oooh good shout! I forgot that Ancelotti had 2.

Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Big Sami Hyypiä

• Main Stander
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2014, 01:31:05 am »
Will Costa be back for the Semis?

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2014, 01:47:54 am »
I don't think Atleti will be paying that much for a goalkeeper to play 2 matches
What if they face Chelsea in final? I bet they will pay up and then watch Abramovich combust as Courtois parades the trophy.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2014, 12:39:54 pm »
This current Atletico remind me so much of Inter in 2010 many similarities between the two. They a ruthless machine who punish opposition mistakes, have a world class back five 5 who defend for its lives to keep the goal out and have a warrior of striker up front who does what is best for the team. These are all things that great Inter side contained.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2014, 01:17:04 pm »
They are also an example of how taking the Europa League seriously can pay dividends in the long run. Winning it twice in three years has obviously benefitted them and they have learnt an awful lot about European football in general.

Compare that to the attitude in this country. United and Spurs fans are already talking about wanting to finish 7th rather than 6th to avoid playing in it next season.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2014, 11:58:22 pm »
They are also an example of how taking the Europa League seriously can pay dividends in the long run. Winning it twice in three years has obviously benefitted them and they have learnt an awful lot about European football in general.

Compare that to the attitude in this country. United and Spurs fans are already talking about wanting to finish 7th rather than 6th to avoid playing in it next season.
I personally think that anybody who is saying that about Europa League are either not very smart or they are preparing excuses in case they fail and embarrass themselves. Spurs and ManU both embarrassed themselves in that competition.

Another group of fans who say that are the fans of Italian clubs, because they are routinely shite in Europa League. Before, they used to say the same, that Serie A clubs actually don't care about it. Instead of admitting that the league has become shite, and the teams are not even Europa League standard, they found an easy excuse. But they have also been largely shite in Champions League, too, so they have stopped making excuses and lying to themselves that they are not taking it seriously. Nowadays, they admit that they are taking it seriously, but they are still woefully short of quality to make any big impact there.

Europa League has so many advantages. Teams get used to refereeing in UEFA competitions, they learn to play 2-3 matches a week, they learn to travel. And they are competing with very good teams for a decent trophy. Last but not least, teams can build up great UEFA coefficients and they could be seeded in pot 1 or pot 2 if they qualify for Champions League. Manchester City complained that they had 2 groups of death, but they were in pot 4, what do they expect? And they were in pot 4, because Mancini's ManCity managed to fuck up in Europa League too, losing to Dynamo Kiev if I remember correctly.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2014, 12:02:56 am »
I'm not sure why I just can't get behind this team. I like the club but the current team doesn't appeal to me at all.

Offline 666

• Legacy Fan
  • "وقدم ليفربول بالنسبة لي وقدم الأول لليفر
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2014, 12:24:32 am »
I'm not sure why I just can't get behind this team. I like the club but the current team doesn't appeal to me at all.

That will change when they knock out Real Madrid or Chelsea :)
"Ливерпуль игроки должны играть, как лев, дать его все. Там должно быть определение, приверженность и решимость быть игроком Ливерпуля".

"Так Роджер Хант пропустив кілька, але він потрапляє в потрібне місце, щоб пропустити їх." ~ Білл Шенклі з репортером

Maestro di lingue, conquistatore del mondo.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2014, 12:35:57 am »
I personally think that anybody who is saying that about Europa League are either not very smart or they are preparing excuses in case they fail and embarrass themselves. Spurs and ManU both embarrassed themselves in that competition.

Europa League has so many advantages. Teams get used to refereeing in UEFA competitions, they learn to play 2-3 matches a week, they learn to travel. And they are competing with very good teams for a decent trophy. Last but not least, teams can build up great UEFA coefficients and they could be seeded in pot 1 or pot 2 if they qualify for Champions League. Manchester City complained that they had 2 groups of death, but they were in pot 4, what do they expect? And they were in pot 4, because Mancini's ManCity managed to fuck up in Europa League too, losing to Dynamo Kiev if I remember correctly.

:wellin

Bravo.

I am constantly banging the Europa League drum and wrote this (looking back it's not particularly well written) it its defence about two years ago. Benfica didn't do much with it this year but....

If Benfica's place in pot 1 (and Atletico's place as the best co-efficient in pot 2) isn't an advert for trying your best in the Europa League while you're in it, then I don't know what is.

Dortmund got to the final of the CL last year but that pales in comparison to what you can get out of taking the "mickey mouse" competition seriously over the course of a few seasons.

Yet sure enough, they're at it again, undeterred by being ejected from the premier contest, they're back at it, giving the competition they're in the best fist of it they can. Look at Benfica's away support and they're reaction to goals at Spurs. Look at Juventus (an undeniable big side) and their celebrations at their away win last week at Lyon and tell me it's not a proper competition. (I haven't even seen tonight's. I'm sure its bigger).

(Incidentally the next post from mine in the CL draw thread from earlier this season is one of agreement from a mr Xxavi. Glad to see we're both still in agreement!)
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2014, 12:43:29 am »
That will change when they knock out Real Madrid or Chelsea :)
Considering I've money on Real Madrid to win it that definitely wouldn't change it for me :D

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2014, 11:33:57 pm »
These lads are going to win the league.  Made up for them.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2014, 03:09:15 am »
If the win the La Liga and we win the PL, football will have won. Fuck all the money and corruption nowadays, it'll be an amazing day in football.

Offline LFC Jim

• Kopite
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2014, 05:09:48 am »
They have to play barca on the last day of season. If they win, they are going to do it the tough way.
Bring Back Sami.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2014, 07:59:03 am »
I would support them in CL and league not that because I am a hipster, because I don't want any of the other 3 teams to win and I would like to see some surprise in Football in general.
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2014, 02:27:17 pm »
They have to play barca on the last day of season. If they win, they are going to do it the tough way.

Bit of an "Everton" situation for Barca if they're out of it by then.
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2014, 02:28:35 pm »
I would support them in CL and league not that because I am a hipster, because I don't want any of the other 3 teams to win and I would like to see some surprise in Football in general.
Totally agree.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2014, 03:40:55 pm »

Barcelona are not going to compete in that game at all, that's a 100% victory for Atletico.

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2014, 03:49:30 pm »
The notorious Gianluca Di Marzio stating that Diego Costa is 'destined' to go to Chelsea in the summer, and Atletico will look at Icardi and/or Cerci to replace him.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/with-diego-costa-destined-for-chelsea-atletico-is-interested-in-icardi-and-cerci/
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

Offline jay.taller.than.spearing

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2014, 03:59:42 pm »
How to stop Costa  from scoring a pen (it worked too  ;D )
JFT96. YNWA .

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2014, 06:07:41 pm »
The notorious Gianluca Di Marzio stating that Diego Costa is 'destined' to go to Chelsea in the summer, and Atletico will look at Icardi and/or Cerci to replace him.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/with-diego-costa-destined-for-chelsea-atletico-is-interested-in-icardi-and-cerci/
They should look at Immobile or Bacca if they want to replace Costa they have both had terrific seasons.   

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2014, 06:17:03 pm »

Icardi should go to Chelsea. Him and Terry would get on like a house on fire.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2014, 06:20:38 pm »
Home they win La Liga and do Real in the Champions League final.
No time for caution.

Offline Po The Panda

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2014, 06:20:39 pm »
They don't have to beat Barca they are 3 points ahead of Real and 4 points ahead of Barcelona, they have a better head to head record vs Real so even if they lose against Barcelona if they win the 4 games before that they are champions. Looks like Barcelona will have to give Atletico a guard of honor on the final day of the season, who would of thought that at the start of the season.  ;D 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 06:33:35 pm by Legacy »

Offline Po The Panda

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 2, 2014, 02:37:31 pm »
If they win the double where do people rank it among the greatest achievements in football history ?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 2, 2014, 02:38:42 pm »
If they win the double where do people rank it among the greatest achievements in football history ?
Up their with our last League cup win under Kenny.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Tumbleweed

• Anny Roader
  • Pax Bisonica
« Reply #109 on: May 2, 2014, 02:50:33 pm »
I thought they looked excellent the other night. I hope they manage to pull off the double and keep their squad intact for next season (well unless Costa wants to come to us!). Was expecting a bad match after some of the comments on here, but was pleased to see Atletico win with some flair.
“To wage war three things are necessary; money, money, and yet more money”
Gian-Jacopo Trivulzio, Marshall of France (1499)

"The club always goes on. You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club"
Jürgen Klopp (2018)

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #110 on: May 2, 2014, 02:58:15 pm »
I thought they looked excellent the other night. I hope they manage to pull off the double and keep their squad intact for next season (well unless Costa wants to come to us!). Was expecting a bad match after some of the comments on here, but was pleased to see  win with some flair.

Unfortunately I cant see them keeping it together

We will have another Dortmund situation on our hands
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 2, 2014, 03:03:53 pm »

What exactly is a "Dortmund situation?" They seem to be holding it together pretty well.
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #112 on: May 2, 2014, 03:09:19 pm »
What exactly is a "Dortmund situation?" They seem to be holding it together pretty well.

Kagawa, Goetz gone

Lewandowski going

Point is they wont be able to keep their stars
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 2, 2014, 03:12:07 pm »
Kagawa, Goetz gone

Lewandowski going

Point is they wont be able to keep their stars

Unlucky not to reach the CL semi again this year. Back in the CL next year. Manager committed until 2018. Hardly a collapse.
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #114 on: May 2, 2014, 03:13:39 pm »
Lets see if he still there in five months time

The mancs have been linked heavily

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 2, 2014, 03:26:55 pm »
Lets see if he still there in five months time

The mancs have been linked heavily

I'd post the same picture again but, y'know, bandwidth and stuff.

Why would he go there?
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #116 on: May 2, 2014, 03:28:17 pm »

I'd post the same picture again but, y'know, bandwidth and stuff.

Why would he go there?

Just using the mancs as an example.

I don't think he will be Dortmund at the end of this summer

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 2, 2014, 03:37:22 pm »
Just using the mancs as an example.

I don't think he will be Dortmund at the end of this summer

I can't see where the boyhood Dortmund fan would go now that Klopp's committed himself. Maybe Barca.
Madrid don't need him (not that that's ever stopped them but I don't see where he'd fit in and attack midfield is their strongest position right now with Di Maria performing to at least the same level as Cristiano and Bale.
He's said he wouldn't do a Gotze and sign for Bayern - talk is cheap but "Bayern will never have me" is pretty conclusive.
Elsewhere in England? Possibly but I don't think he's money motivated.
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #118 on: May 2, 2014, 03:53:14 pm »

Costa is already pretty much guaranteed to be going to Chelsea, and unless Cech recovers well from his injury Courtois could join. Then you've also got Koke and a bunch of others who will be in big-money demand. The way Pellegrini raided Sevilla for Navas and Negredo could well be repeated this summer with City buying a couple of Atletico's players. And then you've also got United supposedly throwing £200m around...

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #119 on: May 2, 2014, 03:57:56 pm »
Costa is already pretty much guaranteed to be going to Chelsea, and unless Cech recovers well from his injury Courtois could join. Then you've also got Koke and a bunch of others who will be in big-money demand. The way Pellegrini raided Sevilla for Navas and Negredo could well be repeated this summer with City buying a couple of Atletico's players. And then you've also got United supposedly throwing £200m around...
Ah fuck it, I'll take Koke and Luis then.