Author Topic: Atletico Madrid  (Read 31160 times)

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Atletico Madrid
« Reply #280 on: October 20, 2021, 07:09:24 pm »
I meant in that they both cry-arse, surround the ref and badger the fuck out of the officials to get what they want, whether it's right or wrong. They also both dive and play act massively, I'd say there's lots of similarities when it comes to their unsportsmanlike behaviour.

I think Atleti are a product of the league they're in, in that Real and Barca have always had extremely favourable refereeing, and Atletico feels they need to resort to underhand tactics to create a level playing field.

Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Online Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: October 20, 2021, 11:27:42 pm »
I think Atleti are a product of the league they're in, in that Real and Barca have always had extremely favourable refereeing, and Atletico feels they need to resort to underhand tactics to create a level playing field.

Nah, Simeone's just a c*nt.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #282 on: October 21, 2021, 03:00:16 pm »

Every time I watch Barca and Madrid I don’t see these mythical favourable decisions

If anything I see refs giving it the ‘piss off your not getting my help’

Comes off as very Evertony

It’s far more prevalent in this league towards a bigger team. United and Old Trafford the stand out 

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: November 3, 2021, 10:27:25 pm »
Simeone is a wanker!
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: November 3, 2021, 10:39:01 pm »
Shithouses

People moan about Barca and R Madrid I mean my God

At least I can respect them as a football team. These are a different level of cheating

Jurgen Klopp

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: November 3, 2021, 10:41:35 pm »
the shithouse tactics are actually hilarious when we play our own game and remain unaffected.

De Paul did some physical comedy Chaplin would be proud of

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #286 on: November 3, 2021, 10:49:06 pm »
As i said a couple of weeks ago, Atletico are like watching a Mourinho team, but bringing the shithouse tactics to new levels. :wanker
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #287 on: November 3, 2021, 10:53:27 pm »
the shithouse tactics are actually hilarious when we play our own game and remain unaffected.

De Paul did some physical comedy Chaplin would be proud of
I think that's the trick to dealing with them. They rely on drawing you into their twattery, maybe retaliating, getting rattled and maybe booked.

As hard as it might be to do so, rising above it and doing your own thing leaves them looking rather pathetic and stupid. For a team with such obvious talent, they come over as quite pathetic.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: November 3, 2021, 11:17:07 pm »
Is Tom Daley part of Atletico’s coaching team?
Justice for the 96!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #289 on: November 4, 2021, 08:49:58 am »
Lost count of the number of times they'd leave a foot in after the ball had gone to give our players a sly kick on the ankle or calf.

Absolute shithouse team that are built in their managers eyes.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: November 4, 2021, 09:00:40 am »
Be a really good side if they cut out the shithouse stuff, they really can play when they are allowed to.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: November 4, 2021, 09:15:06 am »
Hate them, just let Porto beat us to get these shithouses out.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online The_Nomad

• Kopite
« Reply #292 on: November 4, 2021, 09:16:49 am »
 Porto's Pepe against this lot should be interesting!  ;D
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #293 on: November 4, 2021, 09:28:48 am »
I think that's the trick to dealing with them. They rely on drawing you into their twattery, maybe retaliating, getting rattled and maybe booked.

As hard as it might be to do so, rising above it and doing your own thing leaves them looking rather pathetic and stupid. For a team with such obvious talent, they come over as quite pathetic.

Yep

Agree so much with what you said in the match thread too. The Everton of Madrid. Except they seem to have used that sour bitterness against other teams and actually built some sort of 'philosophy' out of it. Maybe thats why the bitters are so obsessed with getting Simeone as manager. They've seen an example of someone actually harnessing the bitterness and creating something successful out of it, rather than inviting Barcelona for some tapas and a siesta with their wives when El Classico rolls around.

They're a hard one to evaluate for me. I hate playing them, I hate what they stand for, they're a horrible side and not just in a 'they make it difficult' way, but in a 'why the fuck are you playing like Burnley when you've got some immense players?' way......but then under Simeone they've won two La Ligas, two Europas, one Copa Del Rey, two Super Cups and runner up twice in the CL (and so close to winning both of them) so it obviously works in a very successful way.

They're the sort of team that you almost want to 'out shithouse' just because it seems almost more satisfactory, but then I just don't want us to play that way. The two games this season for me have been perfect. We've outplayed them, outclassed them but their shithousery has twice been punished and hasn't worked. Hopefully it sees them knocked into the Europa and causes some sort of a re-think but I suspect they'll still qualify.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: November 4, 2021, 11:16:55 am »

This was extremely prevalent last night

They were embarrassing in front of a full Anfield. It happens in this country, but only really individuals and they soon cut down when they realise how much shit they get for it and how embarrassing they become.

An entire team at it non stop including an Englishman was absolutely pathetic

What was also pathetic was how quiet the Argentinian cheerleader was. Like a little mouse in that setting. He knew he was in too much of a cauldron.

‘I don’t get the gentlemanly thing’

You certainly don’t you gobshite

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: November 4, 2021, 11:38:21 am »
The first booking was a bit of a hint of what was to come with the sending off.

He didn't want to take the booking and was absolutely incredulous that he could be booked so early and for his first one. The sooner all refs start refereeing the foul and not the timing of it the better.

There's nothing wrong with a hard but fair one early on, but yesterday was cynical as fuck and deserved a yellow.

These are a decent side when they play, they are hardly in the Everton or Espanyol league of second clubs. They are huge in their own right and I wonder whether Simeone's shithousery is beginning to hold them back?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: November 4, 2021, 12:54:48 pm »
Klopp not even looking at him at the full time whistle was brilliant, exactly what the little c*nt deserved. Bet if they won he'd have been the first one over to gloat in Klopp's face.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #297 on: November 4, 2021, 01:06:38 pm »
Klopp not even looking at him at the full time whistle was brilliant, exactly what the little c*nt deserved. Bet if they won he'd have been the first one over to gloat in Klopp's face.

it was so awkward on Simeone’s behalf  :D  Get the feeling he realised he’d fucked up with this whole thing - the pretending he didn’t want to appear fake by shaking hands excuse. Even during the game he wasn’t going through his usual put-on act. Then at the end he just stands there, for ages looking rather uncomfortable. I think he just expected Klopp to turn towards him, realised he couldn’t then make a quick exit after waiting, as he’d look even more of a tit than usual.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: November 4, 2021, 03:21:27 pm »
it was so awkward on Simeone’s behalf  :D  Get the feeling he realised he’d fucked up with this whole thing - the pretending he didn’t want to appear fake by shaking hands excuse. Even during the game he wasn’t going through his usual put-on act. Then at the end he just stands there, for ages looking rather uncomfortable. I think he just expected Klopp to turn towards him, realised he couldn’t then make a quick exit after waiting, as he’d look even more of a tit than usual.

He looked awkward as fuck, Alan Partridge like standing there waiting to be acknowledged by Klopp…’Jurgen….Jurgen….Jurgen…..Jurgen…..’. So sweet

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: November 5, 2021, 05:48:33 am »
Given we only play them once in a blue moon I don't really mind the existence of a team like this: they are so annoying to play against but the win in the Metropolitano was the one I felt most all season.

Plus when we show constantly how you can be better without being a shithouse, it just gets kind of embarrassing for Simeone.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: December 4, 2021, 07:57:39 pm »
They are almost as shit as Barceona this year, just under the radar.
Just lost 2-1 at home to Mallorca.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #301 on: April 8, 2022, 03:59:10 pm »
Atletico Madrid charged over fans' "Nazi salutes"
Breaking news from the Champions League. “Atletico Madrid have been charged with discriminatory behaviour,” PA reports, “in relation to the conduct of their supporters at Tuesday night’s Champions League match against Manchester City.

“Supporters of the Spanish club were caught on camera appearing to perform Nazi salutes during the quarter-final first-leg tie at the Etihad Stadium. UEFA announced on Friday that disciplinary proceedings had been instigated against Atletico. The club have been charged with discriminatory behaviour and with the throwing of objects. UEFA’s Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) will decide on the matter in due course.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2022/apr/08/manchester-city-v-liverpool-buildup-premier-league-team-news-and-more

Holy shit
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #302 on: April 8, 2022, 04:02:53 pm »
Atletico Madrid charged over fans' "Nazi salutes"
Breaking news from the Champions League. “Atletico Madrid have been charged with discriminatory behaviour,” PA reports, “in relation to the conduct of their supporters at Tuesday night’s Champions League match against Manchester City.

Supporters of the Spanish club were caught on camera appearing to perform Nazi salutes during the quarter-final first-leg tie at the Etihad Stadium. UEFA announced on Friday that disciplinary proceedings had been instigated against Atletico. The club have been charged with discriminatory behaviour and with the throwing of objects. UEFA’s Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) will decide on the matter in due course.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2022/apr/08/manchester-city-v-liverpool-buildup-premier-league-team-news-and-more

Holy shit

Was that not just a respectful nod to the tyrannical, oppressive political positions of the Abu Dhabi dictators?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: April 9, 2022, 05:23:29 pm »
They are almost as shit as Barceona this year, just under the radar.
Just lost 2-1 at home to Mallorca.

They just lost away to the same team 1-0. They were crap and uninspiring again. What a dull side.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #304 on: April 10, 2022, 01:12:09 pm »
They just lost away to the same team 1-0. They were crap and uninspiring again. What a dull side.
They've spent £940m in the last 10 years and play football that Burnley would be embarrassed to play. Simeone is clueless how to coach an attacking team and has pretty much fun his course at Atleti.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 02:11:10 pm by Persephone »
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Upanishad

• Change is good
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • hi
« Reply #305 on: April 14, 2022, 02:39:22 pm »
Horrible side, all comes from the top - Simeone, what a cnut.

Having said that, still wanted them to win last night.
Voyager-1 is on course to approach a star called AC +793888, but it will only get to within two light-years of it and it will be tens of thousands of years before it does so.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: April 14, 2022, 03:00:35 pm »
Just goes to show that if they wanted to play, they can. 2nd half mostly pinned City back and not many teams can do that. Admittedly, City were protecting a lead but still, but they showed against us in the 2nd half too.

Simeone got them competing, but a change of manager and tactics and they might be consistently performing, rather than relying on a siege mentality and spoiling tactics

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: April 14, 2022, 03:11:04 pm »
They've spent £940m in the last 10 years and play football that Burnley would be embarrassed to play. Simeone is clueless how to coach an attacking team and has pretty much fun his course at Atleti.

They won the league last year.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #308 on: April 14, 2022, 03:12:06 pm »
Simeone got them competing, but a change of manager and tactics and they might be consistently performing, rather than relying on a siege mentality and spoiling tactics

I'm not sure they want to "compete" or even see themselves as "not competing". At the end of the day, they've finished in the top 3 in every season under Simeone except for his first one I think. That's more than they ever had before. He won them the league, he won them the Europa League and he even got them to the CL final. I would argue that that's a pretty good haul for a team that was clearly behind Real and Barca when he took over. He got them to right into the mix there and I don't really see why people would want to change that. I would imagine they've learned to live with this kind of football and they have been successful with it. Not sure they'd want to give that up for maybe having a classier manager and team that might be less successful. You just need to watch the last couple of minutes of yesterday's match, when the supporters were clapping the team for their effort. There's nothing wrong with that, but at the same time, it was as if they were in some kind of David and Goliath situation. They've fully bought into Simeone's small-time mentality.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: April 14, 2022, 03:23:31 pm »
Barcelona are in disarray and Real Madrid are not the force they once were. They've spent money akin to that of an elite club, if the board are happy with the status quo then fair enough, but with the players at their disposal, no reason why they can't dominate for a few years

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #310 on: April 14, 2022, 08:58:49 pm »
I wouldn't want Simeone as our manager.

But he's won more trophies than Poch and ETH combined I suspect. Fair do's to Man Utd looking for lesser managers.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.