Author Topic: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares  (Read 300933 times)

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares
« Reply #720 on: April 17, 2009, 08:54:36 am »
I know I hate our owners with a passion, but we dont know anything about these Al-Kharafis, I dont want us to be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. more research is needed, not that the yanks will give a shit who they sell us to mind.  :-\
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: April 17, 2009, 09:15:32 am »
More of the same really but i thought the bolded bit interesting.

That's a very good read, RJ. It gives good insight into the mess Hicks is in and his possible outcome. Liverpool Football Club has been played by these 2 from the start and now they will get their just desserts.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #722 on: April 17, 2009, 09:19:14 am »
I know I hate our owners with a passion, but we dont know anything about these Al-Kharafis, I dont want us to be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. more research is needed, not that the yanks will give a shit who they sell us to mind.  :-\

With you completely on that, but barring the Kharafi's pulling off their masks Scooby Doo style to expose them as the Glaziers with their plan to create LiverUnited with a 120,000 stadium in Warrington i'm willing to take a leap.

At worst if it happens this should be viewed as a period of stability to review and get ShareLiverpool talking to parties about a longterm share.
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline OneKop

• Kopite
« Reply #723 on: April 17, 2009, 09:28:25 am »
I know I hate our owners with a passion, but we don't know anything about these Al-Kharafis, I don't want us to be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. more research is needed, not that the yanks will give a shit who they sell us to mind.  :-\

Agree completely Lynds, but i think that the state that football has got itself into with all the greed, it is that far removed from the true fans that ALL clubs are open to the sort of owners that we ended up with.

We can only hope that whoever our next owners are, that they are at least an improvement on our current lot {not really hard to do}
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #724 on: April 17, 2009, 09:43:09 am »

how come when i said this a few months back i was proclaimed as a hick lover?

I dont want us back were we started with new shit owners

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #725 on: April 17, 2009, 09:46:04 am »
I know I hate our owners with a passion, but we don't know anything about these Al-Kharafis, I don't want us to be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. more research is needed, not that the yanks will give a shit who they sell us to mind.  :-\
I hear what you are saying.  sadly we are passengers in all this, we can ring the bell but does not mean the driver will stop.
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: April 17, 2009, 09:53:28 am »
I don't want us back with the same old shit owners, either. Rather take a risk on the new ones (if it comes about). At least they sound like they can build the stadium.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: April 17, 2009, 10:07:44 am »
With you completely on that, but barring the Kharafi's pulling off their masks Scooby Doo style to expose them as the Glaziers with their plan to create LiverUnited with a 120,000 stadium in Warrington i'm willing to take a leap.

At worst if it happens this should be viewed as a period of stability to review and get ShareLiverpool talking to parties about a longterm share.

They could be in favour of a groundshare, and might be like Roman and replace rafa if we get beat once or twice, we just dont know what their intentions are going to be. But then again they could be wonderfull and buy us kaka instead of Gazbaz, David Villa etc  ;) Anyways...........

I still think Sheikh Mo will own us by next season dont ask me why, but I still believe he will. And I really hope so.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #728 on: April 17, 2009, 10:21:27 am »
They could be in favour of a groundshare, and might be like Roman and replace Rafa if we get beat once or twice, we just don't know what their intentions are going to be. But then again they could be wonderfull and buy us kaka instead of Gazbaz, David Villa etc  ;) Anyways...........

I still think Sheikh Mo will own us by next season dont ask me why, but I still believe he will. And I really hope so.
My thoughts are not far from yours, regarding rafa though, H+G signed him up for 5 years, obviously potential owners would have wanted this. 

Offline 4-2-3-1

• dyscalculic
  • Kopite
« Reply #729 on: April 17, 2009, 10:58:33 am »
Hicks isn't leaving. I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong though. ;)

Offline guyko21

• Kopite
« Reply #730 on: April 17, 2009, 11:10:16 am »

That's a bit like the Germans saying "Let's stick with Hitler, cos the next bloke might be worse". 

Sorry SE, you make a very poor argument.  I'm not suggesting your a Hicks lover, but it would be difficult to have a worse ownership situation than we already have.

Offline ALECTHERED

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #731 on: April 17, 2009, 11:16:14 am »
How could it possibly be any worse than having two lying bastards who have no cash wanting to drain everything they can out of our club?
WE are liverpool.YOU are playing for liverpool.do not forget that.You have to hold your heads up for the SUPPORTERS.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #732 on: April 17, 2009, 11:19:24 am »
How could it possibly be any worse than having two lying bastards who have no cash wanting to drain everything they can out of our club?
they could come to all the games and give parry a new contract.

Offline ALECTHERED

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #733 on: April 17, 2009, 11:26:21 am »
give parry a new contract.
NOBODY is that stupid!

WE are liverpool.YOU are playing for liverpool.do not forget that.You have to hold your heads up for the SUPPORTERS.

Offline Parpello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: April 17, 2009, 11:48:19 am »

Probably because you enjoyed basking in the 'frying pan' a little too much.  :P

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #735 on: April 17, 2009, 12:14:02 pm »
What I don't want is a 50/50 partnership as owners.

We've seen what it does and it damn sure doesn't work, imho.

I want a majority or sole owner. I want to know who calls the shots. I want to see what that owner will do and gets done. Or doesn't do.

Then I/we can focus on what that person is doing instead of all this subterfuge going on behind the scenes with two owners who don't get along as they should which gets played out in the media and makes for the circus which infuriates supporters.

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline chash

• Main Stander
« Reply #736 on: April 17, 2009, 01:21:24 pm »
I hope and pray that anybody coming in does their homework on H&G and realises that they would be mad to get into bed with them! I can't believe that they wouldn't

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #737 on: April 17, 2009, 01:23:59 pm »
What I don't want is a 50/50 partnership as owners.

We've seen what it does and it damn sure doesn't work, imho.

I want a majority or sole owner. I want to know who calls the shots. I want to see what that owner will do and gets done. Or doesn't do.

Then I/we can focus on what that person is doing instead of all this subterfuge going on behind the scenes with two owners who don't get along as they should which gets played out in the media and makes for the circus which infuriates supporters.

100%  correct.  As longs as the majority owner is neither hicks or Gillette.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #738 on: April 17, 2009, 01:48:27 pm »
That's a bit like the Germans saying "Let's stick with Hitler, cos the next bloke might be worse". 

Sorry SE, you make a very poor argument.  I'm not suggesting your a Hicks lover, but it would be difficult to have a worse ownership situation than we already have.

On your last point I'm afraid it could be much worse. We could have new owners who would take us backwards. At least we have become stronger under these owners compared to 4 years ago. That's 99% down to our manager and coaching staff though. The owners have made the funds available for Rafa to buy what he has bought, the fact that none of that money is their own and the fact that they lied and lied is the thing that pisses us off. But believe me, there could be worse owners out there, we've just gotta pray that when the Tumours do sell, it will be to someone who actually has some concern for the club. There are a lot of vultures out there who would not have that on their agenda.

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: April 17, 2009, 02:30:32 pm »

cos you enjoy twisting in the wind? ;)

Offline jonnygeeart

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P L.F.C
« Reply #740 on: April 17, 2009, 03:14:14 pm »
I hope and pray that anybody coming in does their homework on H&G and realises that they would be mad to get into bed with them! I can't believe that they wouldn't
thats not possible there only is one "Moores and Parry"

Offline JRD7

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #741 on: April 17, 2009, 03:38:16 pm »

That's just the kind of argument you'd expect from a Hicks lover!!!!!

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: April 17, 2009, 03:59:37 pm »
my take on all this is that we will have new owners by the end of the season!!!

Gerrard looked to happy and was full of smiles sitting next to parry before the chelsea match...

Just a gut feeling I have nothing else.

So help us Almighty GOD.

Offline FOOT

• AND MOUTH
  • Kopite
  • British media - bunch of c*nts
« Reply #743 on: April 17, 2009, 05:34:32 pm »

It could be a lot worse - no Rafa - Groundshare in the Tesco - Tampax - Thatcher Memorial Stadium after selling Torres etc.....

all people are saying is for fuck sake - i hope they do a bit of homework first.

Remember the 6P's - Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

It doesn't make you a tHicks fan being concerned that the next lot might be worse.
THE TRUTH?

Lord Justice Taylor's official inquiry into the disaster disparaged The Sun's story and was unequivocal as to the disaster's cause:

The Taylor Report stated that official cause of the disaster was the failure of police control.

Offline PhilLFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Stay Low Move Fast..We are the Pilgrims Master
« Reply #744 on: April 17, 2009, 05:50:28 pm »

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance....sorry to be nitt picky
22 Smokin AceS

Offline zimmy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #745 on: April 17, 2009, 06:17:54 pm »

because you are and always have been a hicks lover

Offline zimmy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #746 on: April 17, 2009, 06:21:29 pm »

Could not agree more.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: April 17, 2009, 06:22:29 pm »

all people are saying is for fuck sake - i hope they do a bit of homework first.

If you are referring to H and G the only homework they will do is to find out how much money buyers have. They are not really in a financial position to be picky, even if they cared in the first place. Also if reports are true they have already agreed once to sell to the Kuwait people, so if they come up with the money again we will be sold to them.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline LFCLife4Life

• Anny Roader
« Reply #748 on: April 17, 2009, 06:24:22 pm »
If you are referring to H and G the only homework they will do is to find out how much money buyers have. They are not really in a financial position to be picky, even if they cared in the first place. Also if reports are true they have already agreed once to sell to the Kuwait people, so if they come up with the money again we will be sold to them.

I think people were talkin about the Kuwaities doin homework so they dont join up with h+g. The yanks couldnt care a hell about us an all they want is $$$$$$
PS3 Id : Bowenarrow666, COD Legend

Offline ALECTHERED

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #749 on: April 17, 2009, 08:22:03 pm »
It could be a lot worse - no Rafa - Groundshare in the Tesco - Tampax - Thatcher Memorial Stadium after selling Torres etc.....

It doesn't make you a tHicks fan being concerned that the next lot might be worse.

I see what your saying but do you think they give a fuck who they sell too as long as they get the money?

I just cant see anybody being stupid enough to come in and do what them two twats have done..Not after the efforts we have made to get them out. That would be suicide.
The only way any prospective buyers could make money out of liverpool now is to build the ground and by the sounds of things these kuwaitees have the money to do it.

Offline ALECTHERED

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #750 on: April 17, 2009, 08:31:03 pm »
I think people were talkin about the Kuwaities doin homework so they dont join up with h+g. The yanks couldnt care a hell about us an all they want is $$$$$$
Im sure the kuwaitees are aware by now of what scum their dealing with.

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: April 17, 2009, 09:19:30 pm »
Agree completely Lynds, but i think that the state that football has got itself into with all the greed, it is that far removed from the true fans that ALL clubs are open to the sort of owners that we ended up with.

We can only hope that whoever our next owners are, that they are at least an improvement on our current lot {not really hard to do}

I asked this a little while ago:

Does anyone know if SOS has had any contact with the kuwaitee family? Hicks and Gillett squeezed under the radar, and we were bought by them before any of us had even thought to check them out...we assumed Parry and Moores would do due diligence on them, and that backfired horribly. Now we have Hicks and Gillett, enemies, as the gatekeepers on the suitability of new owners......should we, the regulars on this thread, or SOS, not try to engage with this family to do whatever due diligence we can given that H&G couldn't give a flying fuck? We may regret our passivity if we don't.

Since the elections, SOS seem to have virtually disappeared ....in one way this is completely understandable cos there hasn't been anything tangible to say..so this is not about blame..but I think that we should absolutely not accept a passive position.....

we (SOS) clearly negotiated with Sheikh Mahktoum, and I suspect that some discussion took place with him as to some kind of future ownership stake a la shareliverpool, so why wouldn't we contact this family quietly and not sound them out about their purchase, which they are clearly secretive about, but a conversation that was an "IF" you buy, we, the supporters would like to do our own due diligence since we clearly cannot trust H&G to do it.

I don't then want SOS or whoever to make such a meeting or even the contents of such a discussion public, but if these folk are serious, then surely it is in their interest to be respectful towards the supporters union, given that they must be aware of how SOS absolutely tarred and feathered Hicks and Gillett in the eyes of everyone from media to parliament to anfield road...why would we not use this legitimate organisation to do this I do not know.

So, maybe there has been contact and I don't know about it, fine. But this passive place of there's nothing we can do is just plain wrong imo. You all remember how we of RAWK  bombarded everyone and their uncle this time last year with emails.....why don't we of Rawk and this thread get our own letter together stating some of our more obvious concerns and send it to this kuwaitee family..what'd be the harm?

I'd really like someone who currently sits on the newly elected committee to at least let me know, one of your members, if there has at least been some discussion at committee. cheers.  :wave

Offline ALECTHERED

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #752 on: April 17, 2009, 09:35:32 pm »
Personally I think asking to do due dilligence on the Kuwaitees is a non starter..Firstly cant see it happening as why would they want to show a group of fans exactly how much money they have?
Asking for a manifesto on what plans they have for our club might stand a better chance.
However I feel because of the cloak and dagger nature of these discussions (if there are any!) would also stop this.

Also I think beggars cant be choosers and we dont want to put them off. The strength and power of our fanbase in forexample keeping Rafa his job would be offputting to a lot of prospective buyers.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 09:40:14 pm by ALECTHERED »

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: April 17, 2009, 10:55:52 pm »
Personally I think asking to do due dilligence on the Kuwaitees is a non starter..Firstly cant see it happening as why would they want to show a group of fans exactly how much money they have?
Asking for a manifesto on what plans they have for our club might stand a better chance.
However I feel because of the cloak and dagger nature of these discussions (if there are any!) would also stop this.

Also I think beggars cant be choosers and we dont want to put them off. The strength and power of our fanbase in forexample keeping Rafa his job would be offputting to a lot of prospective buyers.

Thanks alec ...I agree that financial due diligence is a non starter, and was not what I was suggesting..I was wrong to use this term..when SOS met the sheiks reps that wasn't on the table.....but asking them about their intentions and getting a feel for how they see the club and their relation to it....ie. H&G came straight out and used the word 'custodian', but within weeks demonstrated that they had no clue what that meant....the very fact that the sheik sent reps to meet SOS demonstrated that he understood that he wasn't buying a weetabix factory, that there was a hundred years of history here and that you can't BUY liverpool.

we had no trouble doing this a year ago, what's the problem now. and as for beggars and choosers, no Alec. Liverpool is always worth fighting for, as I'm sure you agree, and SOS grew precisely from this understanding, whatever the economic conditions. 

Offline ALECTHERED

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #754 on: April 17, 2009, 11:18:48 pm »
Thanks alec ...I agree that financial due diligence is a non starter, and was not what I was suggesting..I was wrong to use this term..when SOS met the sheiks reps that wasn't on the table.....but asking them about their intentions and getting a feel for how they see the club and their relation to it....ie. H&G came straight out and used the word 'custodian', but within weeks demonstrated that they had no clue what that meant....the very fact that the sheik sent reps to meet SOS demonstrated that he understood that he wasn't buying a weetabix factory, that there was a hundred years of history here and that you can't BUY liverpool.

we had no trouble doing this a year ago, what's the problem now. and as for beggars and choosers, no Alec. Liverpool is always worth fighting for, as I'm sure you agree, and SOS grew precisely from this understanding, whatever the economic conditions. 
yes I agree mate and I agree that we should fight for whats best for our club. I think the problem may be that the kuwaitees have not actually come out and stated that they want to buy (or are in negotiations) the club. My gut feeling is that this is because they dont want to get into a bidding war with any1 else interested.
This would be exactly what the greedy yanks would want.
If my feeling is right then I think we have to take it on trust that the kuwaitees have taken on board what we think of the yanks and what we want for the club and are not stupid enough to do otherwise.
to put an analagy on peoples worries about the kuwaitees seems to be that they are scared of us 'jumping out of the frying pan into the fire'.
I think we are already in the fire mate. And I for one would be prepared to take my chances with them.

Offline ALECTHERED

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #755 on: April 17, 2009, 11:35:10 pm »
Also a while back when SOS did meet with sheik mo's representatives I was in contact with one of the SOS members involved and asked him about a number of issues and basically what came back is that SOS where very wary of approaching any prospective buyers themselves (unless they where asked to do so) as there is a serious threat of putting potential buyers off buying us.
This was also the reason protests were stopped.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:40:17 pm by ALECTHERED »

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #756 on: April 18, 2009, 12:15:23 am »
Also a while back when SOS did meet with sheik mo's representatives I was in contact with one of the SOS members involved and asked him about a number of issues and basically what came back is that SOS where very wary of approaching any prospective buyers themselves (unless they where asked to do so) as there is a serious threat of putting potential buyers off buying us.
This was also the reason protests were stopped.

cheers alec...I wasn't aware of that, so thanks for letting me know. we are certainly in the fire, and I'd take anyone over Hicks, the weetabix man.

I guess I'm just trying to resist the powerlessness that I feel that this oaf bought us, and that we might just get another bunch of oafs without even giving them the once over. This is our club, not theirs, but we live in a world where I'm the one who looks mad for even looking at it that way. Anyway. thanks for the feedback. I'll shut up now.  :wave

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #757 on: April 18, 2009, 12:50:27 am »
They could be in favour of a groundshare, and might be like Roman and replace rafa if we get beat once or twice, we just dont know what their intentions are going to be. But then again they could be wonderfull and buy us kaka instead of Gazbaz, David Villa etc  ;) Anyways...........

That is a good point and the one i was trying to get at

a very poor arguement? I think you have not read what I have said in the past properly, and just read poorly reactive type comments by certain posters who also fail in ability to read and understand an opinion that may differ slightly from theirs.

For those who fall in this unfortunate catagory, i feel for you and so will try to explain where i was coming from and where I imagine, and so reacted, the OP of the comment was too

Here is the comment

Now my take on this comment is, our situation is pretty shit currently, of which we can all agree on, we have owners who have fucked up the club, caused issues that never needed to take place bought the club on lies, and have ran the club in one of the worst ways that could have been imaginable, without putting us out of business.

They have soiled the great name of this club and come close to losing us our best manager in a long time.

However should we get new owners they could be equally as bad, and possibly worse though it is hard to imagine that.

My main worry, which i commented on a while ago, but was ignored while one specific pleb just quoted one bit of my post following it up with a pathetic yet rather funny Yank lover remark, is the following.

Currently we have owners who are shite for the club but look likely to be on their way out, due to not having the money to keep us, I believe they will be gone in June. If new owners come in who have more financial security they can run the club how they like and we may well be in a position where there is no future prospects of them leaving as they just dont have to.

They could sack Rafa, bring in some goon, sack him 6 months later and ruin everything on the field. They could be pro groundshare, they could start making ludicrous bids for players making us like City, as players reject the offer to come to the club as they believe, unlike the new owners, that Alan Pardew is not the man to take the club forward.

ok I exaggerate there, however where the current owners financially stable and could stay at this club long term, we would be in far more trouble than we are now, with their imminent departure.

I believe that Lyndsey, and please put me right if im wrong, wants the current owners out desperately, but does not want to find ourselves in a similar situation in 6 months time with new owners, with the only real difference being, they can stay as long as they want.

Despite all the bad in our club at the minute, things could be a lot worse, we have a good playing staff, and an excellent coaching staff, with what currently seems to be great stability. Luckily the current wank stains are on their way out and look to leave us with this great stability, on the football side of things, that with careful new owners, would only need a little nurturing and continued financial support.

Should new owners come in and affect this football stability we have, and things could get a lot worse quickly, ie a team out of the CL, and not challenging for the league with a procession of big name managers, big name players and a big fall not far away.

In summary, I want new owners as much as you all, just this time, we need the right owners and not any old mugs
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 12:53:22 am by Something Else »

Offline reds88

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #758 on: April 18, 2009, 06:06:40 am »

In summary, I want new owners as much as you all, just this time, we need the right owners and not any old mugs

It's what everyone with the exception of H+G wants.

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #759 on: April 18, 2009, 08:40:01 am »

Honestly SE thats all any of us want. None of us are saying we want this quick sale route again; where they don't do proper due dig. etc.

We want owners like Randy Lerner - somebody who has sat in the background but is willing to put in £20-25 million a season. We don't want debt on the club - however we will accept the stadium debt.

None of us are looking for a sugar daddy, but if an owner buys our club we don't want us the fans paying a mortgage that they should have paid.

Whilst some have turned on you recently, I still read your posts and I still value your opinion. However; as much as you don't like people saying you are pro-Hicks; within the past couple of months you have leaned towards a particular attitude. You have rubbished certain members on here,  including myself.  and you seem to have a very arrogant attitude at times.

But the truth of the matter is; there isn't one fan on these boards that wants different to you. We don't need this in-house fighting. We will all accept new owners with a caution (Even if it was sheik mo) What scares every single one of us is the level of debt that Hicks and Gillett are in (with all there ventures)

- We don't want administration
- We don't want player sales
- We don't want to lose this momentum that we currently have because of 2 lying scumbags, with barely enough to scrape for a free transfer (with signing on fee's) let alone a snoogy doogy.