Author Topic: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares  (Read 300934 times)

Offline Jack Slater

• The hard hitting Detective with a drink problem and an eye for the ladies
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares
« Reply #2960 on: May 19, 2009, 07:48:24 am »

I think you'll struggle to find thousands of LFC fans who want the club to go into administration.

Exactly.

If RBS refuse an extension, and if G&H cant find the cash to repay them in July (whether by alternative borrowing or whatever) then we go into administration.

The theory that instead we would be sold is based on dodgy info.  If the companies' debts are (say) £320m, that doesnt imply that a buyer will come in and cough up £320m to acquire the companies.

Based on a Feb 2007 price of £220m, we're probably worth no more than £250m to £275m at the very most.  If G&H can only get a buyer tp pay that amount, then they'd still need to stump up tens of millions of their own cash to RBS. Where's the evidence that they're willing or able to do that?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2961 on: May 19, 2009, 08:42:30 am »
But Jack if pressure were put on RBS not to re-fi then maybe a buyer would be flushed out willing to stump up 250-275 and RBS would simply collect the outstanding amount from Hicks and Gillett. For example, we know Gillett is about to sell the Habs for a tidy profit so he'd be good for the outstanding amount on his own. The fact he'd have to try to recover half from Hicks is neither here nor there to RBS or to us. It can't be beyond the wit of SoS to ascertain whether one of the (previously) interested parties would buy at 250-275, can it?

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2962 on: May 19, 2009, 08:47:51 am »
RBS know quite well how most of us feel towards the yanks Im not buying that one. Sorry.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #2963 on: May 19, 2009, 09:22:12 am »
RBS know quite well how most of us feel towards the yanks I'm not buying that one. Sorry.
I'm sure they do.  Perhaps they are saying that to justify giving them refinance.  Lets say they decide to refinance with the Americans, they will know that we will hate it etc, so now they want to make out that their decision was in our best interests and are playing stupid.  I think RBS should be targeted and would love for SOS to do something here.

In the past many ideas were written off for probably the right reasons, such as boycotts etc which could destabilise our run.  I cant see any reason to not move move business accounts and personal accounts away from RBS ad perhaps stage some "sit ins" at some of their branches.  Ill definitely be up for that. 
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.