Author Topic: European and World Champion and all round Big Man Joseph Dave Gomez  (Read 779244 times)

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Joseph Dave Gomez - Liverpools number 12
« Reply #280 on: August 9, 2015, 09:42:36 pm »
we can afford to ceed
I've heard the phrase 'Rolls-Royce of a player' but never that

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: August 9, 2015, 09:43:12 pm »
We have a Kia of a player?  :o

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #282 on: August 9, 2015, 09:44:03 pm »
Thought he was very good, as was the defence as a unit
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #283 on: August 9, 2015, 10:16:05 pm »
I loved that one moment early in the game where he skipped his way into central midfield with the ball, then sort of pulled up and said "uh oh, what the hell am I doing?"

I thought he had a "good enough" sort of performance, which under that sort of pressure and with Stoke targeting him all game really counts for a lot.

Nose bleed time  ;D

I think he has the attributes to be a top centre back if he develops though.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: August 9, 2015, 10:18:11 pm »
He's fine just a more defensive minded fullback nothing wrong with that.  I know everyone wants Dani Alves but their aren't many of them around unforunately.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #285 on: August 9, 2015, 10:26:24 pm »
Defensive instincts - so he's one up on Moreno already.

Not as good going forward as Moreno who did something wonderful against Spurs about a year ago.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #286 on: August 9, 2015, 10:28:03 pm »
For a young lad to be thrown into that situation he did very well. Cleaned up some messes at the back and just needs to work on his attacking ability. Very happy with him though.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: August 9, 2015, 10:29:41 pm »
Think he just needs to be more confident in making runs. Think he's capable of moving in to space, but he may just be a bit wary of getting caught out. It'll come though. Do the basics first and then let the more advanced stuff develop over time.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: August 9, 2015, 10:32:12 pm »
Playing out of position,  his premier league debut away at one of the toughest grounds we will play. Walters had no impact on the game what so ever (usually a thorn in our side)
Brilliant,  he looks the bargain  of the summer transfers. 😊

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #289 on: August 9, 2015, 11:16:05 pm »
An assist on his full debut. Not bad.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #290 on: August 9, 2015, 11:38:24 pm »
Well played Joemez, great debut.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #291 on: August 9, 2015, 11:41:18 pm »
He obviously isn't a proven Premier League defender in 2015. He will be in 2017.

He dragged down a couple of times, got caught upfield once or twice but other than that he impressed me in a hostile game.

Solid debut, really hoping we've got a defensive utility man boxed for over a decade there.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: August 9, 2015, 11:42:35 pm »
He obviously isn't a proven Premier League defender in 2015. He will be in 2017.

He dragged down a couple of times, got caught upfield once or twice but other than that he impressed me in a hostile game.

Solid debut, really hoping we've got a defensive utility man boxed for over a decade there.

I think in 2017, he'll be starting games at CB for us. These gigs at full back are part of his learning process.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: August 9, 2015, 11:43:05 pm »
Well done Joseph.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: August 9, 2015, 11:48:13 pm »
Wonder will he keep his place? No reason not to going by that performance

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #295 on: August 9, 2015, 11:51:40 pm »
Impressive, nothing short of that. Debut game in one of the toughest place to play away, against a very physical opponent. Many haven't heard of him before (including me :P ) and they will take notice of him, now. Hope he'll have a long career with us, sorting out our defensive end for years to come. 
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #296 on: August 10, 2015, 12:24:42 am »
Thought he was brilliant today along with the rest of the defence.

Offline ReeNah

• Kopite
  • I bleed RED!
« Reply #297 on: August 10, 2015, 12:29:16 am »
Was very impressed. Hopefully develop into a class centreback and go on to play for us for over a decade!
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail"
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #298 on: August 10, 2015, 12:58:39 am »
Very solid today. Think he'll be in the team for at least the first month of the season. Give me your Arbys, Finnans and Gomezs any day of the week. This style of fullback will help us a lot defensively.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #299 on: August 10, 2015, 01:24:31 am »
On 56 mins he did something that was a fuck up and shows he needs more work. He cleared the ball from going out for a corner across the box. It was essential a cross. A professional footballer should not do that at any age.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline spinaltapped

• Flesh tuxedo?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Rico Suavez
« Reply #300 on: August 10, 2015, 01:40:35 am »
We always talk about saving money by finding the next player before joining a big club and gaining notoriety, I think we've done that in Joe. He's going to be a big player at our club.

Offline spinaltapped

• Flesh tuxedo?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Rico Suavez
« Reply #301 on: August 10, 2015, 01:43:50 am »
On 56 mins he did something that was a fuck up and shows he needs more work. He cleared the ball from going out for a corner across the box. It was essential a cross. A professional footballer should not do that at any age.
Absolutely, but you've got to take nerves into account. I'd rather an 18 year old debutant make an error in judgement than show a major deficiency in his skill.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: August 10, 2015, 01:47:09 am »
I'd give Moreno the nod against Bournemouth, he was solid defensively but we didn't produce much down the left. I think he's a good option against teams with tricky wingers or away from home.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: August 10, 2015, 01:48:52 am »
Id still prefer moreno at lb much more balance to the side not one left footer for us today.

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: August 10, 2015, 02:04:22 am »
I loved that one moment early in the game where he skipped his way into central midfield with the ball, then sort of pulled up and said "uh oh, what the hell am I doing?"

I thought he had a "good enough" sort of performance, which under that sort of pressure and with Stoke targeting him all game really counts for a lot.

He's very good on the ball. I think he stopped himself and played the safe pass because of the game that we were playing and it shows his maturity. But I think he's  a superb talent. He's one of those that you know is going to make it near instantaneously. He's got it all.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: August 10, 2015, 02:23:44 am »
Definitely there were a few mistakes but he was heavily targeted. He went for balls he shouldn't have, he headed a ball dangerously into the centre where he should have played it safe down the line and blindly crossed the ball across the box.

But it was still a pretty decent performance and I liked that he fizzed the ball in to Coutinho for the assist. I'd keep him in the team until Moreno shows more either in Europa or League cups.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: August 10, 2015, 02:46:25 am »
If' we're going to continue with Lovren then I'd probably stick with Gomez as well.  With Gomez so hesitant to get forward Lovren I don't think was ever left in a 1v1 situation.  Even though Moreno would offer more in going forward, I'd rather be a bit duller than have Lovren out on an island again.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: August 10, 2015, 03:03:17 am »
I actually thought he had a really shaky game, and got us into trouble on a few occasions. He defends very close to his man where if he gets turned or loses a header, it can leave a lot of space behind him for opposition strikers to exploit.

He's only 18 though and it was his debut, so I'm sure he will improve.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: August 10, 2015, 03:09:32 am »
He was alright but I think having Moreno would benefit us more in using Benteke, naturally easier to get deliveries from out wide into him.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #309 on: August 10, 2015, 03:28:27 am »
He was alright but I think having Moreno would benefit us more in using Benteke, naturally easier to get deliveries from out wide into him.

If' we're going to continue with Lovren then I'd probably stick with Gomez as well.  With Gomez so hesitant to get forward Lovren I don't think was ever left in a 1v1 situation.  Even though Moreno would offer more in going forward, I'd rather be a bit duller than have Lovren out on an island again.

I think if we were going all out attack, we would most likely play Moreno. There will be plenty of games though where it would benefit us to have one more defensively minded fullback, and Gomez is just about perfect for the role because centre-half is his natural position.

Agree re: Lovren. With Gomez in the team we basically look like a back 3 without the ball again, which suited him nicely. Mind you, it wasn't as if they weren't protected by the midfield today anyway.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: August 10, 2015, 05:28:14 am »
Looked nervous. Hopefully our win and clean sheet gives him the confidence he needs next week.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #311 on: August 10, 2015, 06:04:23 am »
I thought he did really well yesterday, kept Walters relatively quiet anyway.

A few naive moments, but that's to be expected from an 18 year old debutant.

I think he could be a real bargain in a few seasons time.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #312 on: August 10, 2015, 06:18:24 am »
Taking Gomez out of the team now would harm his confidence. I would keep him in the side. In my opinion he looks better than Moreno.
Seen us win everything

Offline A Dick

• Main Stander
  • How come Cafu is wearing Flanno's shirt?
« Reply #313 on: August 10, 2015, 06:35:40 am »
Nice having a LB who can defend. Just like when Flanno was fit. And Clyne on the other flank - he can do it all!

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: August 10, 2015, 07:23:53 am »
He had a good game albeit with some nervy moments that you would expect from a game against Stoke at Stoke and not to forget he's only 18...

I agree though about the Bournemouth game, i'd be using Moreno on the basis that he will offer more on the attacking front than Gomez. I think defensively though, Gomez is solid enough, and he had a bit of a learning experience from marking Jon Walters and he will face a lot more different prospects than that as well though in this season.

I think he's too young to be considered the first choice left back, but getting game time here and there will certainly not do him any harm.

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: August 10, 2015, 08:19:03 am »
Thought he was relatively impressive given his age and the opposition. Especially compared to how we've handled badger head in the past.
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: August 10, 2015, 09:24:12 am »
Did well enough to get another start.
I have to say we've pulled this one out of the hat - looks like there might be a player there.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #317 on: August 10, 2015, 09:27:11 am »
Id still prefer moreno at lb much more balance to the side not one left footer for us today.

If and when he learns basic defending, he may be regularly starting. Until then, Joe Gomez please.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: August 10, 2015, 09:42:39 am »
If and when he learns basic defending, he may be regularly starting. Until then, Joe Gomez please.

Depends who we're playing. An average team at home, I'd want Moreno playing.

Moreno isn't as bad as people make out. He's got a few issues that need fixing, but they should be easily trained out.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #319 on: August 10, 2015, 10:01:54 am »
Depends who we're playing. An average team at home, I'd want Moreno playing.

I think Moreno is a poor defender but I'd go along with this. His frailties wont be exposed by bottom half sides at home, so at home to Bournemouth, he plays but away at Arsenal; he doesn't.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?