Author Topic: Preview: West Bromwich Albion V Liverpool 26 September  (Read 83705 times)

Offline Crixus

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Preview: West Bromwich Albion V Liverpool 26 September
« Reply #240 on: September 26, 2012, 01:49:03 pm »
As many have said and probably are thinking, not too excited about Downing starting. Other than that i like the team. It also again means Suso or maybe also Yesil, Wisdom and even Pacheco will have a higher chance of being on the bench ahead of him for the big game on Saturday.

It'll be the second time we've played this second team and i expect it to improve greatly from Young Boys + the addition of Yesil in strike. Though we are weakened by Wilson ahead of Coates. But again its for the better as neither Wilson or Downing will play apart on Saturday.

Offline tax_man

• Kopite
« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2012, 01:54:57 pm »
The only thing I'm concerned about is leaking goals. I think even with the amount of young players in the rumoured line-up we'll have no problem keeping the ball and dominating the game. I just think with a back 5 of Jones/Wisdom/Carra/Wilson/Robinson we could very well be in a position where they have 4 or 5 decent attacks and score 2 or 3 times. That coupled with our profligacy in the final third and it could get nasty.

But I'm really looking forward to it anyway. These young lads seem to have less problem scoring than the first team.

Offline SteLFC91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2012, 01:58:04 pm »
Never seen him play but I've seen some on here that rate him as highly as Sterling if not more? He that good?

He is a huge prospect and was in very impressive form during pre-season. Think he scored in every game he played! I'd be wary to label him as being as good as Sterling just yet though. He was on the bench for the U21's for the first time a couple of weeks back but didn't get on, so I think we need to see a lot more of him before we can start saying how good he could potentially be.   

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2012, 01:59:28 pm »
Ooooo a Wet, Windy, Wednesday Night at West Brom. Can't wait! Come on Reds!
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2012, 01:59:33 pm »
I'm not too sure about that line-up, it seems a bit vulnerable to counter-attacks, something that West Brom are pretty good at. If they don't play too much of the first team that could be fine, but if they do I can see the lack of pace in the spine of our team causing us problems.

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: September 26, 2012, 02:00:51 pm »
does this mean that young Suso is a permanant first team fixture then?? If he now has shelveys spot for the 3 game ban, then thats a massive chance that the boy is going to have to grab with both hands. Good luck lad.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: September 26, 2012, 02:02:14 pm »
Assaidi or Pacheco behind the front 3?

Offline NottinghamRed

• Prisoner Of His Own Hormones
  • Main Stander
« Reply #247 on: September 26, 2012, 02:08:39 pm »
Personally I want to see Mclaughlin getting some more game time, Thought he looked pretty good during pre-season

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: September 26, 2012, 02:14:21 pm »
Time to unearth more gems from the "junior" squad. Time for the juniors to show the seniors what they can do

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: September 26, 2012, 02:24:45 pm »
He is a huge prospect and was in very impressive form during pre-season. Think he scored in every game he played! I'd be wary to label him as being as good as Sterling just yet though. He was on the bench for the U21's for the first time a couple of weeks back but didn't get on, so I think we need to see a lot more of him before we can start saying how good he could potentially be.   

Cheers. Hopefully he gets a chance to show what he can do.

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: September 26, 2012, 02:27:11 pm »
Never seen him play but I've seen some on here that rate him as highly as Sterling if not more? He that good?
Definitely one of the best talents in the academy. Easily the best finisher we have at that level.

Offline Shemy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #251 on: September 26, 2012, 02:28:44 pm »
looking forward to Wilson playing in defense, he seems to be forgotten since we are producing so many good defenders...but hes still young and still far from a finished product think at worst he becomes the 4th choice CB you play on the odd PL game and cup games, dont see any reason why he cant play a role similar to what Evans plays at utd

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: September 26, 2012, 02:47:52 pm »
Fire Tuck?

:lmao

Looking forward to seeing Yesil play tonight.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #253 on: September 26, 2012, 02:52:27 pm »
Pacheco will excel today.
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: September 26, 2012, 02:57:16 pm »
Starting the trip down to the midlands in an hour and a bit, should be a brill atmosphere given we've sold out. My first trip to the Hawthorns too!

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: September 26, 2012, 02:59:40 pm »
big game for henderson. needs to be really strong and lucas-lite otherwise it will be hard to dominate the game.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: September 26, 2012, 03:00:06 pm »
Really looking forward to this. We'll probably lose if West Brom put a decent team out, but I love seeing the young lads being given chances.

Especially looking forward to watching Yesil, think he could turn into the goalscorer we need.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: September 26, 2012, 03:02:22 pm »
Not really, the league game is more important isn't it, if he's being kept for that?

Yes, the league is more important, but I think we're too cautious if we don't dare to play him tonight. In the past we've seen the likes of Skrtel and Carra play almost every game of the season. We should expect Coates to be able to play a couple of games in the same week.

Instead of being careful with Coates, we should look for more opportunities to play him. Come the end of this season, I'd like us to rotate him, Agger and Skrtel on a regular basis. I find it a bit strange if we are prepared to play for example Sterling, Suso and Pacheco, but not Coates. It's time for us to make Coates our 3rd pick CB and the games associated with it.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: September 26, 2012, 03:05:41 pm »
Another chance for the young lads to knock on the 1st team door as this season def has room for a few to promote themselves in the manager's plans.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: September 26, 2012, 03:09:29 pm »
If Suso doesn't start, I hope he gets 25-30 minutes off the bench.

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: September 26, 2012, 03:12:11 pm »
Shelvey can play this game if needed, right?
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

« Reply #261 on: September 26, 2012, 03:12:59 pm »
Yes, the league is more important, but I think we're too cautious if we don't dare to play him tonight. In the past we've seen the likes of Skrtel and Carra play almost every game of the season. We should expect Coates to be able to play a couple of games in the same week.

Instead of being careful with Coates, we should look for more opportunities to play him. Come the end of this season, I'd like us to rotate him, Agger and Skrtel on a regular basis. I find it a bit strange if we are prepared to play for example Sterling, Suso and Pacheco, but not Coates. It's time for us to make Coates our 3rd pick CB and the games associated with it.
Maybe the exclusion of Coates has more to do with seeing what Wilson can do, Coates has already played two games so I'm sure Rodgers knows a bit about him now but players like Wilson and Pacheco are still relative unknowns to him and at some point you need to throw them in to see how they do. I do feel the squad is a bit too inexperienced especially the back four but remember Wilson was playing for the Scottish NT and for Rangers some seasons ago and has really regressed since he came here.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: September 26, 2012, 03:16:55 pm »
Shelvey can play this game if needed, right?
Part of the three game ban mate.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: September 26, 2012, 03:27:30 pm »
Pacheco will excel today.

I think its his last chance to. If he plays in his natural position and fails to deliver, i think thats that.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: September 26, 2012, 03:28:50 pm »
Seems like Jerome Sinclair could be on the bench tonight. Saw L6 Red mention it on twitter and have seen a few of our young players tweeting him saying good luck tonight. Be amazing if he gets on, he's only just turned 16 last week! 

As good as it is for him, it is another kick in the balls for Ngoo - who really deserves a chance!

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: September 26, 2012, 04:01:33 pm »
Personally I want to see Mclaughlin getting some more game time, Thought he looked pretty good during pre-season

Just coming back from injury though isn't he. I reckon he'll get a chance before the season finishes.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: September 26, 2012, 04:01:40 pm »
Part of the three game ban mate.

well that's good I guess ...for some reason I thought the LC wasn't part of the bans
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: September 26, 2012, 04:03:16 pm »
Everton, City and one of Utd/Newcastle already out, let's go for this trophy again, it's been made even more winnable in the last 24 hours, I'd be annoyed if we played youngsters or a weak squad and went out of this.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #268 on: September 26, 2012, 04:04:38 pm »
Everton, City and one of Utd/Newcastle already out, let's go for this trophy again, it's been made even more winnable in the last 24 hours, I'd be annoyed if we played youngsters or a weak squad and went out of this.
Prepare to be annoyed. Just saying.....
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline SteLFC91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: September 26, 2012, 04:10:17 pm »
As good as it is for him, it is another kick in the balls for Ngoo - who really deserves a chance!

Agreed. He's arguably the most in-form striker we have at the club at the minute but yet Pacheco, Yesil, Morgan and Sinclair have all travelled instead of him.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #270 on: September 26, 2012, 04:12:27 pm »
Not really a suprise we won the cup last season.

Just had a look through our line ups for all the away ties we had in the Carling Cup last season and they are really strong line ups with Pepe Reina starting every game.

Really hope our youngsters do the job tonight would be a shame to be out at the first hurdle as holders.

Not saying either approach is right but last year we had no Europe of course, so therefore could afford to put very strong teams out for the Carling Cup because even if we made the final it was 'only' 7 extra matches.

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #271 on: September 26, 2012, 04:17:53 pm »
                            Jones

Wisdom    Carragher     Wilson     Robinson

Henderson       Sahin

Downing              Pacheco             Assaidi

Yesil

All of the attacking three in midfield can play anywhere across that line.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: September 26, 2012, 04:20:53 pm »
Is that rumoured lineup official yet? I haven't seen it on any of the news sites or on liverpoolfc.com.

Really excited to see what Yesil is like.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #273 on: September 26, 2012, 04:21:16 pm »
                            Jones

Henderson       Sahin

Yesil

I can't see us fielding this team, or we will throw the game. The only experienced players and Carra and Downing, Hendo to some extent?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Z e u s

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: September 26, 2012, 04:21:27 pm »
                            Jones

Henderson       Sahin

Yesil

Rather Suso played over Downing.

Suso should play over Pacheco as well.

Offline Z e u s

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: September 26, 2012, 04:22:01 pm »
I can't see us fielding this team, or we will throw the game. The only experienced players and Carra and Downing, Hendo to some extent?

Sahin is experienced.

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #276 on: September 26, 2012, 04:24:06 pm »

It's not in the blueprint mate. 

Ian Ayre has stated that even if we'd won the FA Cup last season and completed a "cup double", it wouldn't have kept Dalglish in a job because our league position was unacceptable. 
Add to that the fact we lost Lucas for the entire season whilst playing a League Cup game, it is clear Rodgers has been told that cup competitions are not high on the list of priorities this season, so risking "key" players in the cups is pointless, especially in the early rounds.

I don't like the idea of disrespecting the cups so we can finish higher in the league, but the depth of our first team squad, especially with the injuries (and Shelvey's suspension) added to our current league position dictates that we would be wise to leave the likes of Johnson, Skrtel, Reina, Gerrard, Allen and Suarez out as the Norwich game is a must-win game for us.

But NOTHING will take away that magical feeling of winning a cup.  Seeing Gerrard lift the Carling Cup last season after a 6 year wait for a trophy was magic.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #277 on: September 26, 2012, 04:28:07 pm »
Sahin is experienced.
Well, perhaps to an extent. In Germany, yes, but he played something like 5 games (?) since then in Spain and one for us...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Coley_DP

• Main Stander
  • Armchair fan extraordinaire
« Reply #278 on: September 26, 2012, 04:29:17 pm »
Excellent OP.  Such a shame Lawrie Cunningham died so young.  RIP. 

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: September 26, 2012, 04:36:25 pm »

I am surprised by the number of people on here happy to see a weak team which doesn't even feature Reina. Ignoring the Cup for a league match against Norwich is incredibly sad.

The high point last year was this cup; surely we would try to at least go through the first match?
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.