Author Topic: Loan Watch 2018-2019  (Read 185044 times)

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
Re: Loan Watch 2018-2019
« Reply #1320 on: May 16, 2019, 09:21:13 pm »
Has any player that went out on loan under Klopp returned and made an impact in the squad on a consistent basis? Honest question, as I can't seem to remember anyone who has.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1321 on: May 16, 2019, 09:22:35 pm »
Has any player that went out on loan under Klopp returned and made an impact in the squad? Honest question, as I can't seem to remember anyone who has.

Origi?

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1322 on: May 16, 2019, 09:24:53 pm »
Origi?

Not sure I would describe his impact as consistent.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1323 on: May 16, 2019, 09:29:40 pm »
Not sure I would describe his impact as consistent.

But he's had impact in the squad which was the question

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1324 on: May 16, 2019, 10:19:45 pm »
But he's had impact in the squad which was the question

Ah, you amended the sentence you quoted.  Or the original poster edited it.  Either way I see your point.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1325 on: May 16, 2019, 11:12:13 pm »
Sturridge and Origi are the only ones that have come back and played, but I think you could safely say that none of the loanees in previous seasons under Klopp (or even before Klopp) have played as consistently well on their loan as Wilson (and Grujic) this time round.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: May 17, 2019, 05:06:34 am »
Ah, you amended the sentence you quoted.  Or the original poster edited it.  Either way I see your point.

I see the poster edited it,on a consistent basis yeah it has been slim pickings.

I have hope for Wilson and Grujic though,not least because it would send a message to the younger players that going out on loan will not automatically mean we are looking to sell you but play well and the player can come back and the club will at least consider them in a rotational role.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #1327 on: May 17, 2019, 08:44:07 pm »

Apologies, that was my fault. I edited the original quote as you were replying yesterday.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #1328 on: May 23, 2019, 09:54:53 am »
Rangers being linked with a loan deal for Sheyi Ojo. Anyone know what he's like?

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #1329 on: May 23, 2019, 10:18:36 am »
Rangers being linked with a loan deal for Sheyi Ojo. Anyone know what he's like?

He's got immense potential, much more than Kent but just seems unable to get his head right in order to consistently perform to the level he's capable of. He's incredibly fast and has a wand of a left foot. To me he's always seemed similar to Ibe, in that he's always been used to being head and shoulders above all his opponents as he progressed through the age groups and has really struggled since he's tried to perform against players with experience and know how. Exactly the same as Ibe, he often seems determined to receive the ball to feet, rather than making runs behind his fullback for the pass. It's this trait that held both players back at the club and is a tell tale sign of players who have always been used being able to receive the ball and then simply dribble past inferior opponents. Unlock this area of Ojo's game and there's an extremely dangerous attacker there. And that's without getting into the Ojo should be moulded into a centre mid discussion...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O4gAjDDMZ5A
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 10:26:06 am by Adeemo »
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1330 on: May 23, 2019, 10:43:23 am »
Ojo looked brilliant when he first came onto the scene and was getting gametime in the first team at the end of Klopp's first half a season (we were rotating heavily in the league while chasing the Europa League). His loan at Fulham was a disaster though, their fans really didn't like him and he was reduced to a backup after a promising start, although he did have a couple of injury spells that season which probably didn't help. I didn't watch him at Reims but they're not one of the stronger sides in Ligue 1 and he only started 2 league games for them having been there since September. As posted above he does have the potential to be a good player and I'll never forget that amazing goal he scored in the cup for us, but his last 2 loan spells have been incredibly underwhelming.

With all that said, you could have said the exact same for Kent before his loan to Rangers as well!

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1331 on: May 23, 2019, 10:54:35 am »

In terms of natural ability and attributes for me he’s a top 10 PL player and superior than the likes of Kent and Wilson. He’s a good athlete with pace, strength, height and athleticism. Good technique, left footed, can spot a pass, has skill and is a good finisher.

I just don’t think he really believes in himself nearly as much as he should. If someone could light a fire in his belly and get him playing with his chest puffed out rather than with his chin in his chest he’d be a really good player. In all honesty, I don’t think he’d fancy playing on the shitty pitches in Scotland and getting lumps kicked out of him, but ability wise he's better than Kent.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1332 on: May 23, 2019, 11:32:18 am »
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/liverpool-frustrated-in-their-champions-league-warm-up-efforts-bkzg9kbbn

Sheyi Ojo, 21, has agreed to sign a new five-year contract with Liverpool. He will again spend next season on loan, with Rangers among the clubs interested in signing him. Ojo spent this season at the French Ligue 1 side Stade de Reims, whose season comes to a close tomorrow when they host the champions Paris Saint-Germain. The winger has made 17 appearances for the club, scoring one goal.

A product of the youth academy, Ojo made his Liverpool debut against Exeter City in January 2016 and has started five Premier League games for the club.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #1333 on: May 23, 2019, 08:27:52 pm »
Comments above basically mirror some of those made by a Liverpool fan who posts on the Rangers forum I use. I'm hearing that it's almost a done deal so we'll see how it goes. I was underwhelmed by the Kent signing at the time given how his previous loans had gone but that worked out rather better than expected.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #1334 on: May 23, 2019, 08:29:23 pm »
In terms of natural ability and attributes for me he’s a top 10 PL player and superior than the likes of Kent and Wilson. He’s a good athlete with pace, strength, height and athleticism. Good technique, left footed, can spot a pass, has skill and is a good finisher.

I just don’t think he really believes in himself nearly as much as he should. If someone could light a fire in his belly and get him playing with his chest puffed out rather than with his chin in his chest he’d be a really good player. In all honesty, I don’t think he’d fancy playing on the shitty pitches in Scotland and getting lumps kicked out of him, but ability wise he's better than Kent.

It's plastic pitches that are the problem. The real ones are fine. Motherwell used to have a reputation for a terrible pitch but since they replaced it their pitch has been good.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: May 23, 2019, 09:18:03 pm »
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/liverpool-frustrated-in-their-champions-league-warm-up-efforts-bkzg9kbbn

Sheyi Ojo, 21, has agreed to sign a new five-year contract with Liverpool. He will again spend next season on loan, with Rangers among the clubs interested in signing him. Ojo spent this season at the French Ligue 1 side Stade de Reims, whose season comes to a close tomorrow when they host the champions Paris Saint-Germain. The winger has made 17 appearances for the club, scoring one goal.

A product of the youth academy, Ojo made his Liverpool debut against Exeter City in January 2016 and has started five Premier League games for the club.
Interesting that we've signed him up to a new contract. Almost certainly just a way of preserving his value but then, if you'd asked me two or three years ago I'd have said he was the most likely to make it with us out of himself, Wilson and Kent. Still assume he'll move on at some point, but he's got great physical attributes and a fair bit of skill. Had a couple of injury problems if memory serves, but I can still see him making it at a good level if his head's in the right place.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1336 on: June 18, 2019, 08:40:52 am »
Didn't really have the time to continue with the weekly updates in the second half of the season but I thought I'd finish the thread off with an overview of the loanees' full seasons now

HARRY WILSON - DERBY, CHAMPIONSHIP
As I'm sure our entire fanbase knows by now Wilson was the star man as Derby made it to the play off final, falling at the final hurdle. He scored 18 goals (1 every 219 minutes) in total and provided 6 assists. He played 23 games on the right wing, 16 as an AMC, and 10 on the left wing, so he's quite versatile and in with a shout at covering a few slots should we introduce him to the first team squad for next season. Transfermarkt have his estimated value rising from £3m in September to £12m in June, so a huge increase, although the Echo estimate we value him at over double that. As for whether we'll keep or sell, well, that's what about 20 pages of posts in this thread are about! ;D His contract seems to run until 2023 so no rush, but he is 22 now and has a lot of hype around him, so this feels very much like his make or break summer in terms of making it at Liverpool.

RYAN KENT - RANGERS, SPL
Was on the verge of being a "what could have been" player at the beginning of the season following poor loan spells in the season prior, but he went on to have a fantastic season at Rangers who are now desperate to sign him up again. He ended the season with 6 goals and 9 assists, picked up some Europa League experience, won the PFA Young Player of the Year Award, and was also included in the Team of the Season. There are a lot of rumours flying around about his future, with Rangers heavily interested but seemingly interest from English clubs like Villa and Leeds as well.

OVIE EJARIA, RANGERS, SPL, AND READING, CHAMPIONSHIP
After a bright start in Glasgow Ejaria unfortunately failed to reach the heights of Kent and cut his loan short in January before quickly heading out again to join relegation battling Reading in the Championship. All things considered, he did end up getting a lot of first team football throughout the season, playing 44 games and scoring 3 goals and providing 3 assists. He was a consistent starter for Reading who went on to survive and was "hugely impressive" according to their local paper. As for the upcoming season it seems like Reading are keen on signing him up on loan again, but there's some whispers Leeds are also interested.

TAIWO AWONIYI - GENT AND ROYAL EXCEL MOUSCRON, BELGIAN PRO LEAGUE
Awoniyi had a pretty impressive 17/18 campaign in the Belgian league with Mouscron and made the step up to Gent for 18/19, but unfortunately failed to produce and couldn't nail down a place in their side. In January he cut that loan short and went back to Mouscron where he refound his form from the previous season, scoring 11 goals in 16 games. Unfortunately gaining a work permit still remains a huge issue, so he's not in with a chance of playing here next season.

ANDERSON ARROYO - GENT, BELGIAN PRO LEAGUE
I don't think this guy even exists.

ALLAN - FRANKFURT, BUNDESLIGA AND FLUMINENSE, BRAZIL SERIE A
A frustrating first half to the season for Allan who started to break into the Frankfurt team at the end of September before picking up an injury that sidelined him until January. In January that loan was cut short and he moved back to the Brazilian league where he is getting a lot of gametime, starting 10 of 13 games. As with Awoniyi he has no work permit to play for us, but he did sign an extension to his contract at the beginning of the season so we may see another loan for him in the season ahead rather than a permanent exit.

SHAMAL GEORGE, TRANMERE, LEAGUE 2
Couldn't displace the experienced Scott Davies in the Tranmere net as they went on to achieve promotion. He returned to the club in January and spent the second half of the season with the U23's.

ADAM BOGDAN, HIBERNIAN, SPL
Was first choice for Hibs in the first half of the campaign but lost his place from January onwards. His contract here expires at the end of the month and he will be released on a free transfer.

BEN WOODBURN, SHEFFIELD UTD, CHAMPIONSHIP
A player with so much hype around him at the beginning of the season, unfortunately didn't make any impact at all at Sheff Utd who were in fantastic form throughout the season and went on to achieve promotion. His loan was ended in January and like George he spent the second half of the campaign with the U23's. Still only 19 though, and as Wilson and Kent have shown this season, it is possible to kick on from underwhelming loan moves in the past. He's expected to head back out to the Championship with links to Wigan and Hull so far.

HERBIE KANE, DONCASTER, LEAGUE 1
Kane had a great season for Doncaster, playing a pivotal role as they finished in the play off spots. He scored 7 times and provided 10 assists. Doncaster's manager Grant McCann said earlier in the campaign that regardless of the club achieving promotion or not Kane would be playing in the Championship next season, and that does seem to be the case with links for loan moves to Brentford and Millwall so far, and further interest from Hibernian.

MARKO GRUJIC, HERTHA BERLIN, BUNDESLIGA
Hugely successful campaign for Grujic in Germany with his stock rising tremendously. He scored 5 goals for Hertha from midfield, and was proclaimed by their manager as the best midfielder the club had had in 20 years. He returns to us now with a lot of hype and links to half of Europe, whether that be permanent or loans. Transfermarkt have his value increasing from £5m in September to £20m in June, although most reports seem to state that we are commanding a fee in "excess of £25m". In any case, like with Wilson, hopefully he gets given a chance in pre season.

CONNOR RANDALL, ROCHDALE, LEAGUE 1
Picked up an injury at the start of the season which kept him out for a couple of months. He only ended up playing 3 games for Rochdale before returning to our U23 side in January. Contract up at the end of the month and he will be released on a free transfer.

LORIS KARIUS, Beşiktaş, SUPER LIG

A bit of a troublesome campaign for Karius in Turkey, he wasn't in the best form during the first half of the season and had some issues with wages being paid a few months back, but the second half of the campaign went better for him. He is supposed to remain at Beşiktaş for the upcoming season but there do seem to be links with plenty of other European clubs doing the rounds, although I've not checked how credible they are.

COREY WHELAN, CREWE, LEAGUE 2
Was a main fixture in Crewe's team for the first half of the campaign making 16 appearances, but returned to our U23's in January. As with Bogdan and Randall above he is being released on a free at the end of June.

SHEYI OJO, REIMS, LIGUE 1
Another underwhelming campaign for Ojo who couldn't break into the Reims team, making just 18 appearances and scoring 1 goal. He was pictured at Rangers' training ground yesterday and will be joining them on loan for the upcoming campaign, hopefully he'll kick on over there like Kent did.

NATHANIEL CLYNE, BOURNEMOUTH, PREMIER LEAGUE
A bit of a head-scratcher when we allowed him to leave in January despite him being our only fit cover at the time, and it still kind of is. He made 13 starts for Bournemouth in the league and a further sub appearance. I'm sure it was nice for him to start getting regular gametime again but surely he must be kicking himself that he missed out on a Champions League medal for 13 starts at Bournemouth? In any case, he's out of contract in June 2020 so it's very likely he'll be moved on this summer.

KAMIL GRABARA, AARHUS, DANISH SUPER LEAGUE
Grabara joined Aarhus in January and started all available 16 games for them, keeping 6 clean sheets. He's expected to follow this up with a full-season loan for the upcoming campaign with reported interest from Germany and from Royal Excel Mouscron (Awoniyi's team) in Belgium.

PEDRO CHIRIVELLA, EXTREMEDURA, LA LIGA 2
Well, this one went wrong. He joined them on deadline day in January but there was a problem with the paperwork - on their end - so he wasn't allowed to play for them or us. He rejected a £4m transfer to Rosenborg last summer and with his contract expiring in June 2020 he's very likely to be moved on this summer.

------

All in all, despite a few duds, I think we had a very successful campaign with the loan system. Players like Wilson, Grujic, Kent, and Kane have come back to us on the back of very successful campaigns. Wilson and Grujic especially have made serious strides and have raised the questions about whether they should be given a chance to prove themselves in our first team (both also had successful loans the season prior, with Wilson impressing at Hull and Grujic gaining promotion with Cardiff). Others like Awoniyi, Ejaria, and Grabara impressed in the second half of the campaign and will be looking to build on that in the season ahead.

The majority of comments on the speculation of loans/moves for the upcoming season were taken from Neil Jones' reports.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 08:44:31 am by JoeCole »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1337 on: June 18, 2019, 06:53:28 pm »
Ojo to Rangers is confirmed.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1338 on: June 18, 2019, 09:26:10 pm »
So much for us not loaning any decent players to Rangers after Ejaria leaving them.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1339 on: June 18, 2019, 09:55:27 pm »

Just wanted to say nice one for all the updates mate. I don't follow our youth sides very closely these days or the lads on loan, so your coverage really helps. Cheers.

Oh, and on the subject of Grabara, didn't he proclaim himself the best keeper in the Danish League not that long ago? Everything we hear about him suggests he's a very, very confident lad! Hopefully he can back it up and do a job for us at some stage. Thought he's looked very good the few times I've watched him.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1340 on: June 19, 2019, 12:29:43 pm »
Thanks JoeCole
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1341 on: June 19, 2019, 05:19:47 pm »
Thanks JoeCole

First time a Liverpool fan has ever said that?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #1342 on: June 19, 2019, 09:30:28 pm »
Watching young Grabara playing for Poland tonight don't think you'll see a better U21 goal keeper in Europe.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1343 on: June 19, 2019, 11:46:13 pm »
Grabara very impressive. 2 Super saves,Monster long throw,Caught quite a few crosses & a superb pass to the Poland striker. Faultless display.

Looks a gem.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1344 on: June 20, 2019, 04:41:17 am »
thanks joecole!

What are expectations of Ojo at Rangers? he seems to be struggling a bit with loans. Tried to keep track of his loan at france but seem like he was in and out of the squad due to injuries.

Personally i do hope he kind of settles down. Have a great season on loan ala Kent and Wilson and see where he fits into the squad next season. Nothing better than seeing a player from the youth making the step up and staying in the squad.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1345 on: June 20, 2019, 12:29:38 pm »
Grabara grabbed the official MOM against Italy.
Looked very good to me,positioned himself well to cut the angles etc. close to being ready for the no 2 spot soon hopefully.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/06/kamil-grabara-impresses-on-and-off-the-pitch-as-the-polish-wall-shines-at-u21-euros/

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1346 on: June 20, 2019, 12:52:14 pm »
So much for us not loaning any decent players to Rangers after Ejaria leaving them.

I think there's still a big question mark over him and he'll really have to standout for Rangers. 

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1347 on: June 20, 2019, 02:29:43 pm »
Grabara is too good to stay at the club as a number two. He needs another season of league football.

Good keepers don't develop at clubs like ours, not without playing a lot of games (and we have Allison, so that's not happening). Just look at Gulacsi. Basically only happens with Donnarumas and, historically, Casillas

Best bet is getting him good season long loans, keep him contracted for as long as we can, and then when the time is right (good relationship with a loan club wanting him permanently, etc) sell him with a good buy-back fee and sell on clause.

Then five years down the line, if he's developed as well as he could, there's a player front in the queue for us, not yet in his prime, to bring in when we need to shuffle the squad.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 02:31:20 pm by Classycara »

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1348 on: June 20, 2019, 03:35:52 pm »
Grabara is too good to stay at the club as a number two. He needs another season of league football.

Good keepers don't develop at clubs like ours, not without playing a lot of games (and we have Allison, so that's not happening). Just look at Gulacsi. Basically only happens with Donnarumas and, historically, Casillas

Best bet is getting him good season long loans, keep him contracted for as long as we can, and then when the time is right (good relationship with a loan club wanting him permanently, etc) sell him with a good buy-back fee and sell on clause.

Then five years down the line, if he's developed as well as he could, there's a player front in the queue for us, not yet in his prime, to bring in when we need to shuffle the squad.

Given how Gulasci has turned out at Leipzig I think it is vital we have some long term project for this lad.  Get him to a club where he develops and then have him as the heir apparent to Allison if he is good enough. 

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #1349 on: June 26, 2019, 08:23:58 am »
Interview with Ojo

SHEYI OJO has spent his whole career looking for love.

Now the winger reckons he’s finally found it at Rangers.

After four loan spells, the 22-year-old is desperate for a club to embrace his talents and put an arm round his shoulder.

Ojo looked on from a distance as the Rangers support took his Liverpool team-mate Ryan Kent to their hearts last season.

And he wants a piece of that affection for himself after penning a 12-month loan deal at Ibrox.

Ojo — who has the word ‘Love’ tattooed on his right bicep — admits he’s already beginning to feel at home despite only hooking up with the Gers squad for the first time last week.

He said: “The tattoo on my arm says most about me. Only because everyone wants to be loved.

“Love is the most important thing, especially as a footballer, you want to have that family behind you.

“If you can get that then it is an amazing feeling.

“When you go on loan all the time you don’t have that stability.

“I’m hoping that this season I can find that family within Rangers.

“I knew this season could be the most important one for me and this move just felt right.

“I’m already in love with Rangers. The club just feels like a proper family. Compared to Rangers the other loan spells I’ve had haven’t felt like that.”

Ojo came through the Anfield youth system with Kent, who quickly sold him on the benefits of heading north of the border.

He said: “I knew Ryan well as I came through the academy at Liverpool with him. I think we are similar types of characters and have had similar loan spells.

“Every footballer needs that opportunity to feel loved and Ryan showed that last season when he had the backing of the manager.

“He had a great season and became a favourite with the fans.

“Hopefully I can do the same and show everyone what I can do.

“I spoke to him before I joined and he said he loved it up here.

“He spoke highly of the staff, the players and the fans.

“He said that from every point of view it was the best loan you could have. As soon as Rangers wanted to sign me I didn’t have anything to think about. It was straightforward.

“I can’t control any of the stuff about the possibility of Ryan coming back but if he came then it would be just like in the academy. Hopefully we can be tearing up the league.”

Ojo had no shortage of options for next season but when Steven Gerrard made his sales pitch, he admits the decision to join Rangers was a no-brainer.

The fact that former Liverpool youth coaches Michael Beale and Tom Culshaw were part of the set-up was another attraction.

Ojo added: “I feel Rangers are a massive club and, after speaking with the manager, I felt it was the best decision to come here.

“It is very similar to Liverpool. The stadium is massive, they have great fans and they have some great players in the squad now.

“Hopefully, I can help the team and have a consistent season of good football.

“The manager’s last season at Liverpool as a player was my breakthrough season at the club.

“I was training with him while I already knew all the backroom staff from Liverpool.

“That was an added bonus when I came here. I already knew the manager and his staff.”

Ojo arrives in Glasgow with almost 80 first-team games under his belt for Liverpool, Wigan, Wolves, Fulham and French outfit Reims.

The youngster feels he benefited from each of his loan stints although, after being given free rein by Gerrard to express himself, he’s confident Rangers will see the best of him.

He added: “That’s what I am most excited about. I know that if I work hard for the manager I will have that opportunity to be myself.

“On the other loan spells, I didn’t feel like I had that opportunity. This season I am really focused on showing what I can really do.

“Last season I was desperate to play and I wanted a different challenge so that’s why I went to the French league.

“That was my most important loan and while I didn’t play as often as I’d have liked I felt I learnt a lot about what I need to be like in the future.

“I felt I learned more about myself as a person. During all my loan spells I didn’t really play like myself.

“I did what I needed to do to try and fit into the team.

“I realised that if I play the way I prefer to then the best version of me will come through

“Touch wood I don’t get any injuries and I will have a very good season. Whenever I speak to the staff at Liverpool they all have high hopes for me.

“It is just about getting that consistent season under my belt and taking it from there."

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1350 on: June 26, 2019, 11:50:59 am »
Watching young Grabara playing for Poland tonight don't think you'll see a better U21 goal keeper in Europe.
That Henderson for Sheffield/Manchester United is very decent.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1351 on: June 26, 2019, 01:35:18 pm »
If Ojo stays fit and Gerrard can unlock his potential then he'll be outstanding up in Scotland, but a lot of it seems mental with him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1352 on: June 26, 2019, 08:17:36 pm »
That Henderson for Sheffield/Manchester United is very decent.
He cost his team vs Croatia with a howler. Not his first big one at an international tournament made one last summer for the u20s also. Imo the best goalkeeper for that team is on the bench.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1353 on: July 1, 2019, 12:43:50 pm »
To follow-up on something Tepid said re: Gruijic in the now locked thread

His stats bomb from Hertha is distinctly average too....

Interestingly, Hertha had him down as one of the best midfielders to play for them in recent years. It should also be noted that under Dardai they played arguably the most boring, negative football in the entire Bundesliga. Gruijic is eager to go back there, so hopefully his second spell is successful

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1354 on: July 1, 2019, 02:52:27 pm »
On the face of it, it doesn't feel like a move that will get him closer to game time with us. Playing for a team that finished in the bottom half of the 4th best league in Europe doesn't exactly prepare you for playing for the European Champions and Premier League contenders.

But hopefully Hertha will have a great season and he'll stay fit and be their player of the year.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1355 on: July 1, 2019, 02:59:58 pm »
On the face of it, it doesn't feel like a move that will get him closer to game time with us. Playing for a team that finished in the bottom half of the 4th best league in Europe doesn't exactly prepare you for playing for the European Champions and Premier League contenders.

But hopefully Hertha will have a great season and he'll stay fit and be their player of the year.

Indeed. And the talk of Bayern being interested sounds fanciful. You'd expect we'd find a less conservative team for him (in that league or another), if that was the level of club interested

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1356 on: July 1, 2019, 03:02:33 pm »

There hasn’t been an influx of ‘whatabouts’ yet  ;D

But Gini, Robbo, Shaq, Fab etc. Even Bobby. All played for clubs at a fairly low level in comparison to where we were headed.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1357 on: July 2, 2019, 10:38:41 am »
Didn't really have the time to continue with the weekly updates in the second half of the season but I thought I'd finish the thread off with an overview of the loanees' full seasons now

ALLAN - FRANKFURT, BUNDESLIGA AND FLUMINENSE, BRAZIL SERIE A
A frustrating first half to the season for Allan who started to break into the Frankfurt team at the end of September before picking up an injury that sidelined him until January. In January that loan was cut short and he moved back to the Brazilian league where he is getting a lot of gametime, starting 10 of 13 games. As with Awoniyi he has no work permit to play for us, but he did sign an extension to his contract at the beginning of the season so we may see another loan for him in the season ahead rather than a permanent exit.

Liverpool midfielder Allan Rodrigues de Souza has had his loan spell at Fluminense extended until December.

The Brazilian joined the Reds back in 2015 but is yet to make a first-team appearance under Jurgen Klopp with work-permit issues persisting for the 22-year-old.

Allan joined Fluminense back in February and will now stay in his homeland for the rest of the year after agreeing to further his terms with the Brazilian outfit.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-confirm-allan-rodrigues-de-16516088
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #1358 on: July 7, 2019, 04:32:19 pm »
Ojo has scored 10 minutes into his debut in a friendly against Oxford. He had a very nice turn in midfield not long before that where 2 of the Oxford players ended up tackling each other as he left them  ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1359 on: July 7, 2019, 05:07:13 pm »
Here's the Ojo goal.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/874QVBUyxjg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/874QVBUyxjg</a>
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.