Author Topic: Players doing stuff against us for more than one team?  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
Players doing stuff against us for more than one team?
« on: July 28, 2023, 12:01:52 am »
It's late right now, so sorry for another one but a thought just occurred to me......

In The Kop once (Hodgson season I think) and I remember a Scouse lad next to me every time Drogba got the ball - "Ohhh, get it off him, he's horrible, get it off him, horrible!!..." (thick accent required here)

And anyway, this thought got me thinking (because he definitely scored for at least Marseilles and Chelsea against us). So I'll start with Clive Allen. I was there for his winner at Anfield in 86/87, and also at Maine Road for a 4-1 win (lovely) when he scored a penalty for City. (89 maybe)

So then, this kind of thing, as per the title................
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Players doing stuff against us for more than one team?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 12:08:10 am »
Andy Cole - scored a hat trick for Newcastle against us, and a winner at Anfield with them too. Joined United, wasn’t great at first but again scored plenty against us, especially around 97-99. Definitely got one at Anfield for Blackburn too and probably another club or two along the way. He played for enough of them by the time he finished.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 12:15:37 am »
It's late right now, so sorry for another one but a thought just occurred to me......

In The Kop once (Hodgson season I think) and I remember a Scouse lad next to me every time Drogba got the ball - "Ohhh, get it off him, he's horrible, get it off him, horrible!!..." (thick accent required here)

And anyway, this thought got me thinking (because he definitely scored for at least Marseilles and Chelsea against us). So I'll start with Clive Allen. I was there for his winner at Anfield in 86/87, and also at Maine Road for a 4-1 win (lovely) when he scored a penalty for City. (89 maybe)

Bob Latchford scored four times against us for Birmingham City, two at Anfield and two at St. Andrew's.

He also scored for Swansea City in the 2-2 draw at Anfield the day after Bill Shankly's funeral.

Perhaps surprisingly, no goals against us in 12 appearances for Everton.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 12:18:14 am »

Martin Peters - four goals against us for West Ham, six for Tottenham and another four for Norwich City.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 12:21:52 am »

Jimmy Greaves - a regular scorer against us home and away in the 1960s (11 goals in 16 appearances) and also scored against us in his only season with West Ham (1970-71).

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2023, 12:28:45 am »

Geoff Hurst - eight goals against us for West Ham (five of them at Anfield) plus he got Stoke's goal in a 1-1 draw at the Victoria Ground in January, 1974.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023, 12:32:08 am »
Andy Cole - scored a hat trick for Newcastle against us, and a winner at Anfield with them too. Joined United, wasn’t great at first but again scored plenty against us, especially around 97-99. Definitely got one at Anfield for Blackburn too and probably another club or two along the way. He played for enough of them by the time he finished.

Nick, he also equalised for Fulham when we beat them 3-1 at Anfield in February, 2005.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2023, 12:38:09 am »

Imre Varadi scored the winning goal for Everton when they knocked us out of the F.A. Cup in 1981, scored at Anfield for Sheffield Wednesday in 1984 on a day when Bruce went walkabout and netted another for Wednesday in a 2-2 draw at Hillsborough a few years later. 

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2023, 12:38:38 am »
Nick, he also equalised for Fulham when we beat them 3-1 at Anfield in February, 2005.

Good work! Hypos and Morientes scored for us that day. Can’t remember the third though, Riise or Garcia I’d guess.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2023, 12:42:02 am »

Les Ferdinand - 3 goals against us for QPR, 2 for Newcastle and 1 for Spurs. We lost four of the six matches in which he scored against us.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2023, 12:46:17 am »

The Fashanus - Justin scored against us for Norwich and Notts. County (we scored five in both matches) and John got five against us, all for Wimbledon.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2023, 12:47:47 am »
Didn’t Dean Saunders bang a few in against us after he left - might even have been one of the first games we played after he signed for Villa, think he scored for Derby in the game we beat them 7-1 before we signed him as well
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 12:49:22 am by duvva 💅 »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2023, 12:48:26 am »
Good work! Hypos and Morientes scored for us that day. Can’t remember the third though, Riise or Garcia I’d guess.

Milan Baros got our third goal near the end, Nick.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2023, 12:52:13 am »
Didn’t Dean Saunders bang a few in against us after he left - might even have been one of the first games we played after he signed for Villa, think he scored for Derby in the game we beat them 7-1 before we signed him as well

Correct, duvva. He equalised Big Jan's early penalty in the 7-1 and then scored three against us in two matches for Villa, both of which we lost.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2023, 01:02:04 am »

But I can't crash for the night without mentioning Steve Bruce, who kindly scored an own-goal in our favour on his Norwich debut in August 1984 and then did it again when Manchester United came to Anfield in 1995. He did score three times for United against us as well though.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2023, 01:08:55 am »
Forlan had that infamous brace at Anfield as a United player, then dumped us out of the Europa League semis with Atleti.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2023, 01:20:02 am »
The Crystal Palace winger who moved to Everton. He was crap for the most part but for a period of a couple of seasons, he seemed to tear our full back a new arsehole whenever we came up against Palace. He's such a bang-average player that I cannot even recall his name.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2023, 05:08:58 am »
The Crystal Palace winger who moved to Everton. He was crap for the most part but for a period of a couple of seasons, he seemed to tear our full back a new arsehole whenever we came up against Palace. He's such a bang-average player that I cannot even recall his name.

Bolasie? Yeah he was shit.

I hated Dwight Gayle and his smug face too. Acted like he was so much better than he was
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2023, 07:38:34 am »
Benteke got a few against us for both Villa and Palace.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2023, 07:48:00 am »
For a while Brian Deane held the record for most PL goals a player had scored against us…Brian Deane! For Sheffield United and Leeds.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2023, 08:46:17 am »
But I can't crash for the night without mentioning Steve Bruce, who kindly scored an own-goal in our favour on his Norwich debut in August 1984 and then did it again when Manchester United came to Anfield in 1995. He did score three times for United against us as well though.

This guy is the LFC oracle!
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2023, 08:52:00 am »
Hasselbaink. Always scored against us, for Leeds or Chelsea.

Remember him scoring two at Anfield when it was our first game with Evans and Houllier as joint managers. Pretty sure it was Alan Smith's debut and he scored aswell.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2023, 08:58:55 am »

Remember him scoring two at Anfield when it was our first game with Evans and Houllier as joint managers. Pretty sure it was Alan Smith's debut and he scored aswell.

That was Houllier’s first game in sole charge. We lost three in a week at home, to Derby, Spurs in the League Cup and then Leeds. Fun times.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2023, 09:09:34 am »
Lukaku scored against us in two West Brom wins and then 3 times for Everton, but in 3 draws. He’s played against us since for United and Chelsea but can’t recall any goals.

Edin Dzeko scored for Roma (both legs) in the CL a few years back and I’m sure he also scored a couple for City.

Also remember Mido scoring against us twice in 2008/09, once for Middlesbrough and then again for Wigan after a January transfer

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2023, 09:54:10 am »

Knew Hasselbaink would have to be in the equation! Always seemed to score against us. A thread about players who turned into prime apele whenever they played against us would probably see a fair few of these names came up.

Zamora mustve scored against us for a couple of teams, West Ham and Fulham? Remember Carragher saying he always found it tough to play against him. Defoe probably one?

Darren Bent "scored" the beach ball goal with Sunderland and seemed to love a goal against us as well for Charlton. Tried to sign him at one point, didn't we?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2023, 10:02:28 am »
Anelka popped into my head so I looked it up and amazingly, he never scored against us for Arsenal in 5 appearances, and only got 1 against us for Chelsea in 8 appearances..

Yet he scored 4 times against us in 4 games for a truly shite (their normal level) Man City team!

Didn't score for West Brom or Bolton against us either.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2023, 10:10:57 am »
Gareth Bale has managed to score against us for Spurs (and for us in the same game) and Real.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2023, 10:11:02 am »
I seem to recall that pasty faced gimp Steven Naismith scored against us for the BS and for Norwich.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2023, 10:11:08 am »
Kevin Campbell scored against us for Forest before scoring 3 times for Everton against us (only one of those was a winner). Thought he’d scored against us in his Arsenal days too but apparently not.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2023, 10:16:21 am »
Ross Barkley scored against us for Chelsea and Villa, but - inevitably - not when he was at Everton.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2023, 11:22:04 am »
Alan Ball, Everton 1966 (the simulcast game at Goodison to Anfield) 1966, then Arsenal, at Anfield, ~1971.
PS… scored for Everton in the 71 FA Cup semi, too.
Scored a total of 5 against us for Everton & six for Arsenal. He loved playing against us, probably would have loved playing for us, too.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 11:48:30 am by RedBootsTommySmith »
Victorious and glorious....

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2023, 11:26:21 am »
Ross Barkley scored against us for Chelsea and Villa, but - inevitably - not when he was at Everton.

Was about to say I don’t remember him playing for Villa but he scored in that 7-2 aboration didn’t he?

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2023, 11:26:31 am »
Two old Leicester-related ones that I imagine must be right (??) - Lineker and Smith.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2023, 11:55:57 am »
Two old Leicester-related ones that I imagine must be right (??) - Lineker and Smith.

Alan Smith was a pain in the arse, the big nosed twat.

Speaking of that Arsenal team, Paul Merson scored a few against us for them, especially the winner at Anfield in March 91 just after Kenny resigned which was a huge goal in the title race. He definitely scored in both legs for Boro when they beat us in the League Cup semi too. Not sure about his time at Villa as well.

Which brings me on to Dion Dublin. Scored 7 against us for Coventry and Villa including goals in 3 different wins at Anfield, the big fucker.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2023, 11:59:35 am »
Only for Palace but Bolasie and Dwight Gayle pissed me off no ends. A current one would probably be Trossard, seems to me he only ever used to score against us when he was at Brighton. A hat-trick at Anfield last season too which is obviously very rare if you aren't a Liverpool player.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2023, 12:57:28 pm »
Imre Varadi scored the winning goal for Everton when they knocked us out of the F.A. Cup in 1981, scored at Anfield for Sheffield Wednesday in 1984 on a day when Bruce went walkabout and netted another for Wednesday in a 2-2 draw at Hillsborough a few years later. 

I was at that Sheffield Wednesday game in 84. They brought thousands at didn't stop singing all game.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2023, 12:58:06 pm »
Alan Smith was a pain in the arse, the big nosed twat.

Speaking of that Arsenal team, Paul Merson scored a few against us for them, especially the winner at Anfield in March 91 just after Kenny resigned which was a huge goal in the title race. He definitely scored in both legs for Boro when they beat us in the League Cup semi too. Not sure about his time at Villa as well.

Which brings me on to Dion Dublin. Scored 7 against us for Coventry and Villa including goals in 3 different wins at Anfield, the big fucker.
That entire frontline of Coventry’s around that period seemed to always be bang up for it against us, definitely remember a couple where Huckerby and Ndlovu ran us ragged. In fact, I might have been at one in the cup.
AHA!

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2023, 01:16:35 pm »

Off topic - but that 'anal dirge prat' under your name is from a Partridge 'Knowing Me Knowing You' right?

edit: just noticed the bloody picture....d'oh!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2023, 01:25:20 pm »
I was at that Sheffield Wednesday game in 84. They brought thousands at didn't stop singing all game.

That was my ever game at Anfield. And all I really remember is being behind a Wednesday supporters coach on the drive in and some fat bloke mooning us out of the back window. I remember that, not seeing the pitch, seeing us score or any of the good bits. :D

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2023, 01:28:05 pm »
That was my ever game at Anfield. And all I really remember is being behind a Wednesday supporters coach on the drive in and some fat bloke mooning us out of the back window. I remember that, not seeing the pitch, seeing us score or any of the good bits. :D

Didn't we lose that 0-2?? I still have the trauma of that start to 84/85 - we were actually in the bottom 3 before a televised game at Forest where we won 2-0 with Whelan and Rush.