Author Topic: General West Ham thread  (Read 405696 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: General West Ham thread
« Reply #2800 on: September 18, 2018, 11:21:29 am »
Malaga was actually  kind of shit version of Man City when he was managing them.

Except he had his best players sold very quickly leaving him with little to work with

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #2801 on: November 11, 2018, 04:58:56 am »

:D Guess who?

"Shut up you balloon."

"Have you been playing the West Ham way recently, have you? When was the last time West Ham played the West Ham way?"

"It’s only the mischievous few who start the ball rolling, you know. Knees Up Mother Brown."

"Get him off air when I’m on, get him off. You’re embarrassing me now. I’m a professional."

"Moose, get off. Get rid of him. Don’t put him on with me again, will you? For God’s sake, man."

Fat Sam.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2802 on: November 12, 2018, 12:01:13 pm »
Sounds like they're signing Samir Nasri after his doping ban ends.

Such a typical West Ham signing.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2803 on: November 12, 2018, 12:06:39 pm »
Sounds like they're signing Samir Nasri after his doping ban ends.

Such a typical West Ham signing.

I'm expecting him to turn up slow, overweight and a shadow of his former self. He'll fit right in.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2804 on: November 13, 2018, 01:47:08 pm »
https://www.judiciary.uk/announcements/launch-of-live-stream-of-civil-appeal-hearings/

West Ham in court. Don`t get over excited......

Probably better in the VAR thread to demonstrate that even our court system is adopting technology. Wonder if they will do replays of this ?
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2805 on: November 15, 2018, 01:22:16 am »

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2806 on: November 15, 2018, 03:23:43 am »
Arnautovic want's to leave

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/14/marko-arnautovic-champions-league-west-ham-exit

Wouldn't mind him here

He’s a good blunt instrument - seems to work pretty hard. Sometimes.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2807 on: November 15, 2018, 06:07:24 am »
He’s a good blunt instrument - seems to work pretty hard. Sometimes.

He's far too good for West Ham and at 29 now's really his chance. I think he'd be great for us but I don't see a place for him in our side so he'll probably end up at United after they massively overpay for him and then have all the creativity sucked out of him by Mourinho.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2808 on: November 15, 2018, 08:07:08 am »
Arnautovic want's to leave

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/14/marko-arnautovic-champions-league-west-ham-exit

Wouldn't mind him here

Would be a good deputy to Firmino. At one stage last season, only him and Jordan Ayew were covering as much distance and making as many defensive contributions as Firmino out of all the strikers in the league.

But at 29, it’s never going to happen and rightfully so. West Ham are going to want 50+ million. That’s a Mourinho signing.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2809 on: November 15, 2018, 11:34:21 am »
Sign him up.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #2810 on: November 15, 2018, 02:23:00 pm »
I'm not sure with this one.

I watch him a lot and he has games where he is absolute quality - like a one man team. But he also struggles with injury a lot - seems to play through injuries, whether by WHU direction or his own choice, but his age and fitness would be a little bit of a concern.

He does work very hard - I know when he signed for them people said he didn't work hard enough and was lazy and only worked when it suited him but that's really not the case. He is one of those people who has a drive to succeed and win and be the best and you can see that when he is still chasing goalkeepers and defenders down on 90 minutes.

I just don't think is quite good enough to start for a CL club. And I don't think he would settle for that and so questions may arise about his influence and if he is a disruption.

Would definitely love him as a back up if the price wasn't astronomical but I don't think he thinks he is going anywhere to be second choice.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was after a new deal off the back of this Nasri nonsense.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2811 on: November 15, 2018, 02:23:55 pm »
If he leaves he's got Man U written all over him in my opinion.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2812 on: November 15, 2018, 02:37:13 pm »

Yeah it seems the most likely alternative. It says he has a contract until 2022 so no need to sell him cheaply really. He could be a good fit for most teams in the top 5-6, but most likely it's Man Utd that has the money to spare for him. Arsenal seems ok with what they have atm. Chelsea I guess like ourselves wouldn't mind him, and I can't see Man City going for him. Spurs, will they spend £25-35m on him?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2813 on: November 15, 2018, 03:25:13 pm »

Think he'd be a much better option than Lukaku for them. He can actually play football for a start.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2814 on: November 15, 2018, 03:50:29 pm »
Think he'd be a much better option than Lukaku for them. He can actually play football for a start.

Not a good fit for JoMo, then, though...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2815 on: November 15, 2018, 05:55:23 pm »
i don't think he will be good for us. Not to mention he really isn't a Klopp type of signing at this age.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #2816 on: December 28, 2018, 05:14:12 pm »
Declan Rice finally signed a new contract. I don’t think he is top 6 ready but he is having a good season and will be a really good player - think he did the right thing to stay there, really. He’s in the team and progressing really well.

They’re going through a good period - almost as good a December as us, with 5 wins from 6 and most of those without Arnautovic. Felipe Anderson is coming into his own now as well, without Lanzini and Yarmolenko.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2817 on: December 28, 2018, 05:15:28 pm »
It's pretty amazing what can happen when you don't play a midfield duo of Wilshire and Noble.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2818 on: December 28, 2018, 05:33:04 pm »
Ive just put Anderson in my FF team so he’s bound to turn to shite now.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2819 on: December 28, 2018, 05:33:05 pm »
They'll not keep hold of Felipe Anderson at this rate. Pretty sure it'll be part of his plan to move on to a bigger club anyway.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2820 on: January 14, 2019, 01:57:29 pm »
Anyone here seen enough of West Ham to know whether this Declan Rice kid is the real deal?

He's been on my radar for a few months because there was a fair bit of chat on the Second Captains podcast about Ireland and England fighting over him. The chat's increased again this weekend after his first goal.

Is he actually that good or is it mainly hype?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2821 on: January 14, 2019, 02:16:41 pm »
Anyone here seen enough of West Ham to know whether this Declan Rice kid is the real deal?

He's been on my radar for a few months because there was a fair bit of chat on the Second Captains podcast about Ireland and England fighting over him. The chat's increased again this weekend after his first goal.

Is he actually that good or is it mainly hype?

I'm yet to see that its anything other than him being young and English (potentially).

Seems a bit Eric Dier-y to me.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2822 on: January 14, 2019, 02:16:51 pm »
They'll not keep hold of Felipe Anderson at this rate. Pretty sure it'll be part of his plan to move on to a bigger club anyway.

They will be getting a payday for him - double their spend. Typically - how will they reinvest.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2823 on: January 14, 2019, 02:33:52 pm »
Agreed about the Eric Dier shouts, but to be fair to Rice, he just turned 20 today and this is his first season playing in midfield. Dier turns 25 tomorrow.

I'm sure West Ham will make a fortune selling him in the next few years for a team desperate for young English talent.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 02:35:31 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #2824 on: January 14, 2019, 03:04:51 pm »

Wonder where he goes though?

I'm pretty sure Felipe Anderson sees WHU as a stepping stone. However, I think when you've been bought for over 30M by your 'stepping stone' club then you potentially have an issue with transfer fee if you want to leave. He's been very good. So what's his value now? 50M? 60M? 70M?

Not sure how many teams can afford that and would be interested in him at that type of money. Maybe United? Maybe Chelsea? Not sure City need him? I don't think he's in Spurs or Arsenal's price range? I don't think we pay that much for a squad player either. He's not a Real or Barcelona type signing. Looks to be outside Bayern or Juve's normal price range or market.

It's not just a Felipe Anderson issue. I think there are a few other players who fall in that bracket where the fee the selling club would ask for, and the fact they aren't too long into a contract, means a transfer becomes much more unlikely (e.g. Richarlison, Siggurdson, Maddison, Neves, Maguire, Doucoure)
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2825 on: January 14, 2019, 03:14:56 pm »
I can see Sari and Chelsea trying to sign Anderson. Especially if Hazard leaves and or Willian. Maybe even United depending on who is their manager.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2826 on: January 14, 2019, 05:36:01 pm »
The Times are reporting that the latest bid for Arnautovic is £45m. I think they will sell at that price, even he's key to their attack. He's 30 in April and clearly wants out

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2827 on: January 14, 2019, 05:49:49 pm »
The Times are reporting that the latest bid for Arnautovic is £45m. I think they will sell at that price, even he's key to their attack. He's 30 in April and clearly wants out

Can't get my head around Arnie wanting to go to China. He's a big talent but has had a massively unfulfilling career up till now. At 29 he's finally at a place where he's looking like he can fulfill his potential and he wants to call it quits after a year.

He's not going to get another chance again. He's not a top top tier talent and I doubt a huge club will come in for him, but he's in a position where he can forge a legacy for himself equal to someone like Di Canio which he should grab with both hands.

I know he'll get more money in China but does he really need the pay rise more than he needs the legacy and experience of being a seriously good player in a top league? He's on an upward trajectory, China's for players wanting to wind down.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2828 on: January 14, 2019, 06:53:14 pm »
Can't get my head around Arnie wanting to go to China. He's a big talent but has had a massively unfulfilling career up till now. At 29 he's finally at a place where he's looking like he can fulfill his potential and he wants to call it quits after a year.

He's not going to get another chance again. He's not a top top tier talent and I doubt a huge club will come in for him, but he's in a position where he can forge a legacy for himself equal to someone like Di Canio which he should grab with both hands.

I know he'll get more money in China but does he really need the pay rise more than he needs the legacy and experience of being a seriously good player in a top league? He's on an upward trajectory, China's for players wanting to wind down.

From what his agent brother keeps saying it's all about the cash

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2829 on: January 15, 2019, 12:01:05 am »
Rice is a bit lucky in that they signed Jack Wilshire who amazingly is injured.  Can't believe that one....

Anyway....I think I've watched 2-3 West Ham games now, he seems tidy and safe on the ball.  His stats don't pop out at all.  On a real team that wouldn't even think of signing Jack Wilshire I doubt he would be getting anywhere near this amount of minutes.  But he is and it may help Rice in the long run but for now I don't really see why anyone would spend real money on him.

Edit: West Ham should be laughing all the way to the bank with those Arnautovic offers.  But again Jack Wilshire!

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2830 on: January 15, 2019, 03:00:04 am »
Rice is a bit lucky in that they signed Jack Wilshire who amazingly is injured.  Can't believe that one.
But again Jack Wilshire!
Amazing Wilshire's difficulties. Only has to step outside for a one-skinner and the poor fucker gets injured. Maybe he'll be better off at West Ham, Mr Brooking accompanying him to knobble any c*nt coming close.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2831 on: January 15, 2019, 09:02:00 am »
I can see Sari and Chelsea trying to sign Anderson. Especially if Hazard leaves and or Willian. Maybe even United depending on who is their manager.

I don’t watch WHU games, so I’ve only seen him on MOTD and YouTube vids, but would Anderson fit in with us?
He looks like he would be good on the inside-left. I thought he had more pace than from what I’ve seen, but he controls the ball well at pace and plays some lovely balls into/in/around the box. From what I’ve seen, with better players around him, his assists would be higher. He has set some lovely chances on a plate for WHU players, but their quality hasn’t been there.
Is he good at defending from the front?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2832 on: January 16, 2019, 02:59:15 am »
I don’t watch WHU games, so I’ve only seen him on MOTD and YouTube vids, but would Anderson fit in with us?
He looks like he would be good on the inside-left. I thought he had more pace than from what I’ve seen, but he controls the ball well at pace and plays some lovely balls into/in/around the box. From what I’ve seen, with better players around him, his assists would be higher. He has set some lovely chances on a plate for WHU players, but their quality hasn’t been there.

Anderson leads West Ham in goals and tackles.  He would fit right in here.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2833 on: January 16, 2019, 04:32:03 am »

He'd be great here, I'd say even exceptional. I liked him when he was at Lazio, and was pretty shocked that West Ham signed him. He would fit us like a glove, end product is there, in terms of scoring and creating, has settled in well in the league, works hard enough and in no doubt he'd do well pressing under Klopp.

I was certain Mane would be great for us when I watched him for Soton before we were linked with him, I was certain Salah would fit us whilst I was watching at Roma, and Anderson is giving me the same types of feeling

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #2834 on: January 16, 2019, 01:17:01 pm »
Hiring Pelllegrini was the most sound decision they could make. Best appointment possible for their size.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2835 on: January 26, 2019, 10:31:14 pm »
So, Arnautovic has signed a new contract. That was a fuss over nothing wasn't it  ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2836 on: January 26, 2019, 10:39:43 pm »
So, Arnautovic has signed a new contract. That was a fuss over nothing wasn't it  ;D

Hah, so predictable. Well played by his agent. They probably doubled his wages or even more and he'll now proceed to lose his legs at that horrible bowl of a stadium while picking up a generous cheque every week.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2837 on: January 26, 2019, 10:47:33 pm »
I don't understand why they rested so many first-teamers today? Not getting into Europe via the league, not getting relegated

Good grief.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2838 on: January 26, 2019, 10:57:05 pm »
Anderson leads West Ham in goals and tackles.  He would fit right in here.

He'd be great here, I'd say even exceptional. I liked him when he was at Lazio, and was pretty shocked that West Ham signed him. He would fit us like a glove, end product is there, in terms of scoring and creating, has settled in well in the league, works hard enough and in no doubt he'd do well pressing under Klopp.

I was certain Mane would be great for us when I watched him for Soton before we were linked with him, I was certain Salah would fit us whilst I was watching at Roma, and Anderson is giving me the same types of feeling

Thanks both.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2839 on: January 27, 2019, 12:29:43 am »
What a great win, having some mercenary that doesn’t give a fuck staying in your books. Dickheads.