Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I think Al's issue here is Hughes seems to have been appointed by virtue of being Edward's mate from their Portsmouth days. Rightly or wrongly, Edwards has been given almost total autonomy on football matters by FSG and yet there wasn't any hint of a "robust and data-driven process" being applied to recruitment for this particular job. He was all but given the nod the minute Edwards accepted the role of Football CEO, almost as a prerequisite. That doesn't sit well with me.

It does smack of cronyism, but that exists everywhere on some level. I've benefitted from it previously, in finance, as people want to work with people they know and trust. Then you get massive multinationals like BMS, Nvidia etc, that interview externally but generally they end up making an internal appointment.
General Football and Sport / Re: Premier League Fixtures 27th - 28th April
« Last post by cdav on Today at 05:54:33 pm »
Gvardiol is bad for how much they paid
General Football and Sport / Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Last post by Boston Bosox on Today at 05:54:18 pm »
Darmstadt vs. Heidenheim (7.30pm CEST) - CONFIRMED

Darmstadt: Schuhen - Zimmerman, Klarer, Maglica - Karic, J. Müller, Kempe (c), Nürnberger - Skarke, Pfeiffer, Vilhelmsson
Subs: Behrens, Isherwood, Schnellhardt, A. Müller, Justvan, Honsak, Holtmann, Torsiello, Arania
Out: Brunst (muscular), Gjasula (unconfirmed), Holland (knee), Hornby (ankle), Manu (muscle), Mehlem (calf)
Coach: Torsten Lieberknecht

Heidenheim: Müller - Theuerkauf, Mainka (c), Gimber, Föhrenbach - Sessa, Schöppner - Dinkçi, Pieringer, Beste - Kleindienst
Subs: Eicher, Siersleben, Jarju, Pick, Dovedan, Janeš, Schimmer, Thomalla, Kühlwetter
Out: Beck (ankle), Busch (knee), Keller (knee), Maloney (shoulder), Qenaj (knee), Traoré (suspended)
Coach: Frank Schmidt
General Football and Sport / Re: The Snooker thread
« Last post by meady1981 on Today at 05:53:54 pm »
He's very good at potting balls. I'm not convinced he's that great at actual snooker though.

His safety play/snookering is atrocious. Gets straight down and just hits it with no thought.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by rossipersempre on Today at 05:53:03 pm »
Could easily have been the frustration of a player knowing he might not win a major trophy again.
Kiev, Paris, City's cheating, the Senegal double-whammy of AFCON and WCQ. Sure, the frustration must burn but he has a PL, CL and CWC winners' medals to look at. Hardly Harry fucking Kane.
Walker is getting a roasting here!
Racist. Not all white guys look alike.

:lmao
Blobfish on for Grealish.
Mad that the bloke who scored a world cup winning penalty plays for Nottingham Forest hahaha

Why?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10