Author Topic: Had the Vaccine?...  (Read 74325 times)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Re: Had the Vaccine?...
« Reply #280 on: May 7, 2021, 10:38:23 pm »
I'm just glad I had Pfizer, I now work for the US Army here in Belgium and all the Americans have had Moderna and every single one of them have had bad reactions with it.

I was on the list for "Host Nations" vaccination but my Belgian one came up first and thankfully it was Pfizer's turn in my district.   

Think she got the Johnson one.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #281 on: May 7, 2021, 10:47:41 pm »
The elderly get far less reaction to the vaccines though, don’t forget….
;D
lol as I'm now 60 and the missus almost 62 you are actually correct. ;)

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #282 on: May 7, 2021, 10:48:44 pm »
lol as I'm now 60 and the missus almost 62 you are actually correct. ;)

Fuck it mate ban him for old times sake ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #283 on: May 7, 2021, 10:51:49 pm »
Fuck it mate ban him for old times sake ;D
If only I could lol

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: May 7, 2021, 10:59:25 pm »
Due to have mine tomorrow and it'll probably be the AZ one...not bothered about having flu-type reactions, but I am bothered about blood clots - read on the BBC website that the chances of a blood clot in people in their 40s is 1 in 100,000 - don't like the sound of that. Obviously if you get Covid your chances are higher, but I hardly go anywhere and have been working from home for months, so the chances of me getting it are very low.

Think you should have a choice, as I would go with Pfizer or Moderna - but it seems like you get what you get.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: May 7, 2021, 11:04:14 pm »
Due to have mine tomorrow and it'll probably be the AZ one...not bothered about having flu-type reactions, but I am bothered about blood clots - read on the BBC website that the chances of a blood clot in people in their 40s is 1 in 100,000 - don't like the sound of that. Obviously if you get Covid your chances are higher, but I hardly go anywhere and have been working from home for months, so the chances of me getting it are very low.

Think you should have a choice, as I would go with Pfizer or Moderna - but it seems like you get what you get.

How old exactly are you because they are now going to give the under 40’s a choice. So maybe if your towards your early 40’s you could be included with the younger batch.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: May 7, 2021, 11:19:49 pm »
How old exactly are you because they are now going to give the under 40’s a choice. So maybe if your towards your early 40’s you could be included with the younger batch.

I'm 44 unfortunately, just a bit too old. :D

The reason I think it'll be AZ is that my wife had hers last week at the same place, and she had AZ (she's also 44).

I know the odds of blood clots are still low, but I just don't get why they continue to give a vaccine to people of any age that they know can cause something so serious, when there are other vaccines available which apparently don't.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: May 7, 2021, 11:23:03 pm »

The reason I think it'll be AZ is that my wife had hers last week at the same place, and she had AZ (she's also 44).

I know the odds of blood clots are still low, but I just don't get why they continue to give a vaccine to people of any age that they know can cause something so serious, when there are other vaccines available which apparently don't.

Its a decision about outweighing the risks of not doing it. Obviously as our cases are low right now we can change that.

Also the younger you are the more your risk of clots appear to go up. Thus if i am 39 or 40 i absolutely would wait.

I am younger than that and I am absolutely waiting until i am assured i am getting the Pfizer one.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #288 on: May 7, 2021, 11:26:29 pm »
Nice to have a choice i've heard nothing as of today about mine.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #289 on: May 7, 2021, 11:27:52 pm »

If if you don't like those odds...best not find out your odds of getting something far worse in ' normal' life...btw do you smoke?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: May 7, 2021, 11:41:19 pm »
If if you don't like those odds...best not find out your odds of getting something far worse in ' normal' life...btw do you smoke?

Yeah but those rates might actually be higher? Also the people in their 40’s and early 40’s are just getting vaccinated so they could still develop these symptoms?

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: May 7, 2021, 11:49:03 pm »

Nope, never smoked. Don't know if I have any of the other factors that might make me more likely to get blood clots - I'm not overweight and don't have any other health conditions, although I'm not very fit and I think my circulation isn't great (if that makes any difference).

The thing with the odds is, you can avoid certain lifestyle choices to give you better odds of avoiding certain diseases, and if you just get something out of the blue there's nothing you can do. But this is actually choosing to do something that increases your chances of getting something that could kill you, when there are other alternatives that don't appear to increase that risk.

I think you should at least be told when you book it, which one you'll be getting.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2021, 11:51:36 pm by Rob Dylan »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: May 7, 2021, 11:51:22 pm »
Nope, never smoked. Don't know if I have any of the other factors that might make me more likely to get blood clots - I'm not overweight and don't have any other health conditions, although I'm not very fit and I think my circulation isn't great (if that makes any difference).

The thing with the odds is, you can avoid certain lifestyle choices to give you better odds of avoiding certain diseases, and if you just get something out of the blue there's nothing you can do. But this is actually choosing something to do something that increases your chances of something really serious, when there are other alternatives that wouldn't.

I think you should at least be told when you book it, which one you'll be getting.

They go through with you the risk. If you choose to, you can walk away.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #293 on: May 8, 2021, 06:49:00 am »
Had my first dose of the AZ one yesterday lunchtime. Got pretty severe chills and aches through the first half of the night. Woke up this morning feeling a lot better. Sore arm and mild general aches, nothing too bad.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: May 8, 2021, 07:41:21 am »

Thought the odds were higher than that.

AZ was only one available when I had that jab. It's peace of mind outweighed any risks involved for me.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: May 8, 2021, 08:21:53 am »

I get where you're coming from, but don't let it put you off. We accept similar risks all the time - most medication has side effects, but usually we don't even read the information. This isn't any different, and the chamce of clots is very small. Also now that we know there is a risk of that, we can look out for it.

The blood clots are treatable, there is medication for it and similar clots get treated all the time. The thing is that they need to be discovered fairly early, before they cause harm. So if you suddenly get a headache a few days after the jab (not a flu-like one within a few hours of it), call 111 and tell them about the vaccine. There are a few other symptoms of blood clots to look out for, you'll get a leaflet, or it's also online.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: May 8, 2021, 08:34:55 am »
Woke up with mild headache & dull pain in both arms. Hopefully it passes soon.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #297 on: May 8, 2021, 09:07:23 am »
Good stuff, my mother said the same a big of pain in the arm but went after awhile.

When I had my TB jab, I started becoming a pain in the arse, and it has been chronic ever since. Is this normal? AFAIK it gets worse when I drink alcohol.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #298 on: May 8, 2021, 12:32:52 pm »
Had my first dose of the AZ one yesterday lunchtime. Got pretty severe chills and aches through the first half of the night. Woke up this morning feeling a lot better. Sore arm and mild general aches, nothing too bad.

Had exactly the same with the Moderna shot. It was basically a bed in day for me. Felt nice to have a day of good sleep.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #299 on: May 8, 2021, 12:41:50 pm »
I got a text yesterday evening offering me the vaccine and immediately booked in for 9:30 this morning (every other slot was Thursday onwards).

When I got there, there was some confusion, the lady said that under 40s were meant to be coming in from next Thursday, but she'd check if they had enough Pfizer. They did thankfully.

They had 2 queues, one for AZ and one for Pfizer. The whole thing was quick and painless, had to sit in a waiting area for 15 mins after the injection before I could leave. At present I have no discomfort on my arm, couldn't even tell you where exactly on my arm the needle went in.

Side effects wise, nothing of note so far, maybe a little tired but I only got about 6h last night so could be that. I'm drinking lots of water as I've heard the side effects can be compared to that of a hangover.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: May 8, 2021, 01:59:51 pm »

The thing with the odds is, you can avoid certain lifestyle choices to give you better odds of avoiding certain diseases, and if you just get something out of the blue there's nothing you can do. But this is actually choosing to do something that increases your chances of getting something that could kill you, when there are other alternatives that don't appear to increase that risk.

Don't sweat on the odds, its higher and those are unofortuante are treatable cos those who died just weren't caught in time....if you want to be really scared , check the NHS website for the odds on your getting cancer.

Get the Vacc get out there and enjoy life...you may actually save someone's life....and remember this...

This is no longer a personal issue thing...this is a global humanity thing a wholly unique period in the history of mankind.
WE! are taking a pandemic head on and unless you have established medical reason you must get vaccinated......once every one has the Northern hemisphere can get on to the real challenge of the Southern

If someone was starving youd feed them, getting your vaccine means as soon as powerful governments feel their countries are covered they will move to help the rest of the world.

Those unsure about getting it...there are millions of people in India , Brazil etc who would willingly take your place...be thankful and enjoy!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: May 8, 2021, 02:18:04 pm »
Don't sweat on the odds, its higher and those are unofortuante are treatable cos those who died just weren't caught in time....if you want to be really scared , check the NHS website for the odds on your getting cancer.

Get the Vacc get out there and enjoy life...you may actually save someone's life....and remember this...

This is no longer a personal issue thing...this is a global humanity thing a wholly unique period in the history of mankind.
WE! are taking a pandemic head on and unless you have established medical reason you must get vaccinated......once every one has the Northern hemisphere can get on to the real challenge of the Southern

If someone was starving youd feed them, getting your vaccine means as soon as powerful governments feel their countries are covered they will move to help the rest of the world.

Those unsure about getting it...there are millions of people in India , Brazil etc who would willingly take your place...be thankful and enjoy!

Doesn’t a blood clot even treatable cause long term issues?

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #302 on: May 8, 2021, 04:59:34 pm »
Had my first Pfizer jab yesterday and felt it a bit in the evening. Nothing bad, just could feel the arm where I had the shot, some general feeling sore and getting rather tired. Had a good long sleep and now everything's fine. Hope it stays that way...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #303 on: May 8, 2021, 05:05:01 pm »
Mrs Spion had her second (Pfizer) jab last week. She had a big lump at the site of the injection that night, but it was gone by next morning. No other effects that she told me of.

I have my second jab next month. I had the AZ. I was wondering, do they always make your second one the same as the first, or can they use one of the other ones?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: May 8, 2021, 05:33:56 pm »

I have my second jab next month. I had the AZ. I was wondering, do they always make your second one the same as the first, or can they use one of the other ones?

Second dose is the same as the first currently. There is a trial ongoing afaik to see what having a second dose from a different manufacturer does.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #305 on: May 8, 2021, 05:39:23 pm »
Second dose is the same as the first currently. There is a trial ongoing afaik to see what having a second dose from a different manufacturer does.
Thanks for the reply.  :)

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #306 on: May 8, 2021, 06:25:49 pm »
Had exactly the same with the Moderna shot. It was basically a bed in day for me. Felt nice to have a day of good sleep.

Glad you got your jab as well. Ain't felt great all day, fairly achy, really tired, plus an intermittent sharpish headache where it feels like a bit of a stabbing pain. Gonna keep tabs on the headache for obvious reasons but not worried in the slightest. Weirdly feels like I've punched hard in my upper thigh. Gonna give the match tonight a miss and get a really good night's sleep and just watch it on record in the morning. Hasn't been helped by being super busy at work all day today but getting better by the hour  :wave
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: May 8, 2021, 06:27:26 pm »

Almoset everyone I know has had the AZ, and that includes my 79yr old step dad, his mate who is 82 and his mates wife who is 80 and my 51 yr old brother who is very very overweight and has high blood pressure issues. Not one of us has had any issues with the AZ vaccine, not even much in the way of an after effect. I know of at least 5 people who have died from Covid, youngest was 50.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: May 11, 2021, 12:49:32 pm »
About 21 hours in from my second Pfizer jab.

Eugh.

4am felt like I had a hangover, with the chills and a slight fever. Fever then jumped to 104.9 degrees and I managed to get a couple of hours of restless sleep.

It doesn't feel terrible at the moment, just feel like I've got a headache and overall feel pretty miserable.

All be worth it.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #309 on: May 11, 2021, 12:56:45 pm »
I got a text yesterday evening offering me the vaccine and immediately booked in for 9:30 this morning (every other slot was Thursday onwards).

When I got there, there was some confusion, the lady said that under 40s were meant to be coming in from next Thursday, but she'd check if they had enough Pfizer. They did thankfully.

They had 2 queues, one for AZ and one for Pfizer. The whole thing was quick and painless, had to sit in a waiting area for 15 mins after the injection before I could leave. At present I have no discomfort on my arm, couldn't even tell you where exactly on my arm the needle went in.

Side effects wise, nothing of note so far, maybe a little tired but I only got about 6h last night so could be that. I'm drinking lots of water as I've heard the side effects can be compared to that of a hangover.

3 days since I had the Pfizer vaccine now. I felt very tired in the evenings of Saturday and Sunday, Monday still tired but a little less so. I had a very sore arm Saturday, less so by the day, Today it's barely noticeable unless I press on it.

Otherwise all good. I drank tonnes of water. Not sure if that helped but it can't hurt.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #310 on: May 11, 2021, 02:18:10 pm »
Finally, got my first Jab booked for Saturday about 2 months late

But was told that for my 2nd jab I will have to go to one of the mass vaccine sites because where I live in Frome they are going to stop doing vaccines for some reason.

Which is a pain the nearest one of them is around 12 miles away and a pain to get to by public transport which I have to use now.

So may not bother with my 2nd jab. Its not like I meet anyone.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #311 on: May 11, 2021, 02:19:31 pm »

But was told that for my 2nd jab I will have to go to one of the mass vaccine sites because where I live in Frome they are going to stop doing vaccines for some reason.

Which is a pain the nearest one of them is around 12 miles away and a pain to get to by public transport which I have to use now.

Don't do that - please have the second jab.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #312 on: May 11, 2021, 02:21:23 pm »

Doesn't efficacy fall off a cliff after about 12 weeks with only one dose? I'm sure I read that somewhere in the other Covid thread (I think posted by Welshred).

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #313 on: May 11, 2021, 02:21:58 pm »

Restrictions will have eased by the time you need your second jab, is there no one you can bum a lift off?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #314 on: May 11, 2021, 02:27:58 pm »
It's crazy how the world is seemingly almost split in two.

Those who are having the vaccine. Some with mild side effects but basically OK (me and everyone I know) and those people who only know people who are seriously sick with the jab while simultaneously not knowing anyone who's had COVID.

I'm two weeks post first AZ jab with nothing more than a bit of a dead arm for a bit.

Second jab already booked.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: May 11, 2021, 02:30:36 pm »

Thats just plain silly..12 miles is fuck all.
.a pain!?..so what to potentually saves your lifre or someone elses .theres  people desperate to get the jab and cant

put it this way...if you ever met Jurgen Klopp would you be comfortable telling him you decision....would you expect a Klopp hug off him for it?

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #316 on: May 11, 2021, 02:31:24 pm »
About 21 hours in from my second Pfizer jab.

Eugh.

4am felt like I had a hangover, with the chills and a slight fever. Fever then jumped to 104.9 degrees and I managed to get a couple of hours of restless sleep.

It doesn't feel terrible at the moment, just feel like I've got a headache and overall feel pretty miserable.

All be worth it.

Friend had her second Pfizer jab on the weekend. It wiped her out, she did not expect it to be so much worse than the first jab.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #317 on: May 11, 2021, 02:34:51 pm »
Restrictions will have eased by the time you need your second jab, is there no one you can bum a lift off?

God no since Tracy passed away I've been totally isolated only spoken to around 5 people in nearly 7 years and that when I visit the doctor

Have 2 brothers  but not spoken to them since 2 weeks after Tracy's funeral when started to make jokes about her dying and I stormed out

Reading about how the Indian variant is spreading (its in Liverpool now so people be careful) I wont be to sure about that but we will see.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #318 on: May 11, 2021, 02:45:09 pm »
Trada.  Please have the second jab.

If it’s too far away we will have a whip round on here to pay for a taxi.

We’ve lost too many good people over the last year, let’s not make it another one because of something like transport.

Ok?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #319 on: May 11, 2021, 02:51:42 pm »
God no since Tracy passed away I've been totally isolated only spoken to around 5 people in nearly 7 years and that when I visit the doctor

Have 2 brothers  but not spoken to them since 2 weeks after Tracy's funeral when started to make jokes about her dying and I stormed out

Reading about how the Indian variant is spreading (its in Liverpool now so people be careful) I wont be to sure about that but we will see.

That's strange as soon as I posted that the phone rang and its was Mendip connect I saw the Doctor last week and she told them to contact me to try to get me out the house and meeting more people.

And they are ringing me again next week to have a proper chat about things