Author Topic: Footy manager merry-go-round  (Read 4637 times)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Footy manager merry-go-round
« Reply #40 on: June 1, 2021, 09:42:52 pm »
strange one that .. dont see what he sees in them ..
That's a move backwards. Can only think it's because his family want to live in London.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #41 on: June 1, 2021, 09:51:55 pm »
Conte would have fallen out with Perez in a year and leave a mess. Looks like Madrid are building long term and Carlo will provide some stability. Perez really messed up with Zidane as you can see from his comments. So they need someone who is admired by the players and fans and Carlo fits the bill having won La Decima.

If you look at where Conte has been he's never left a mess even as he feuds with owners.  Usually the team is actually better.  If Inter does have to tear it down this summer, sounds like they won't if they get €80m for Hakimi but we'll see, then that's the Chinese investment issue and not Conte.  So yes Conte would have feuded with Perez but it still would have been better short and long term for Madrid than Ancelloti. 

I'd say the real truth is that Madrid are having money issues just like Barca and Ancelloti would take whatever was offered and not care if more money was spent on the squad.  The confirmed wages for Ancelloti seems to make this pretty accurate.  Conte would want to get paid at a level commensurate with his ability and then want money for the squad.  The La Decima stuff is just horseshit.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #42 on: June 1, 2021, 10:46:02 pm »
Conte kicked off at Inter for not getting the financial backing he wanted, even when they broke their transfer record and lifted their wage bill to an all time high with him.

I can’t imagine he wants any part of the Spurs ‘project.’

Conte digs the cheese...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: June 1, 2021, 11:32:01 pm »
Nuno seems a decent guy but I think he might be a fair bit overrated as a manager. Inheriting a Palace squad with 40 players out of contract, a bored Zaha and Eze out until well into 2022 might be a bit of a stretch unless they're suddenly ready to spend a fortune. 

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #44 on: June 2, 2021, 01:19:53 am »
French paper Liberation claims Pochettino has informed PSG he wants to quit

Nuno seems a decent guy but I think he might be a fair bit overrated as a manager. Inheriting a Palace squad with 40 players out of contract, a bored Zaha and Eze out until well into 2022 might be a bit of a stretch unless they're suddenly ready to spend a fortune. 

Mendes would be like a pig in shit with so many players needed to fill positions
« Last Edit: June 2, 2021, 01:21:30 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline zimmie'5555

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: June 2, 2021, 04:00:33 am »
Wolves getting Bruno Lage, apparently

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #46 on: June 2, 2021, 10:26:56 am »

Utterly bizarre if true. He'll never get a better chance to build a high quality squad with no limits on spending.

Maybe he can't handle the egos and needs younger players who haven't been part of a set-up with such a level of expectation and pressure.

Wolves getting Bruno Lage, apparently
Absolutely uninspiring appointment that really hasn't achieved much. Second and Third place finishes in the Portuguese league with the biggest budget and best squad.

Conte digs the cheese...
A Pecorino man I reckon. Something rock hard that requires some real gnawing.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: June 2, 2021, 10:49:46 am »

Just don't get it at all. PSG are absolute shoe-ins to win the Ligue 1 next season, so why wouldn't Pochettino just stay and get the trophy monkey off his back? Rebuild a bit of credibility, and other jobs will likely be available next summer. Barcelona, United, Arsenal as examples could easily be on the market.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #48 on: June 2, 2021, 11:03:53 am »

Mendes would be like a pig in shit with so many players needed to fill positions

Id rather have Mendes creaming off a % of a continental bargains than have Dyche or similar spunk zillions on cloggers.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: June 2, 2021, 11:25:44 am »
Just don't get it at all. PSG are absolute shoe-ins to win the Ligue 1 next season, so why wouldn't Pochettino just stay and get the trophy monkey off his back? Rebuild a bit of credibility, and other jobs will likely be available next summer. Barcelona, United, Arsenal as examples could easily be on the market.
This is exactly what I think. Monaco don't exactly seem primed to keep their talent, Lyon are talking of selling off their best players and Lille will be raided. It would also take a miracle for Lille to replace their talent anywhere near as effectively as after recent cycles of player sales.

PSG have, on the face of it, one of the easier runs at Ligue 1 that they've ever had in their time since the Qatari takeover. He's won the Coupe De France (nominally) and should stay and add a league title and try and manoeuvre a deep European run. Like you say LCH, get that credibility, shed the nearly-man tag.

It must be said, the only sources who seem to be running the idea that Pochettino wants to leave PSG are the UK rags and some other terrible UK based sources. In fact, some of those same sources are running today that Pochettino will stay and PSG have convinced him to sign an extension. Silly season.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #50 on: June 2, 2021, 12:57:23 pm »
Be a bad look for Pochettino if he walked out after less than a season.  Yes they had a very dissapointing season, but he was only there for part of it.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: June 2, 2021, 01:11:14 pm »
Be a bad look for Pochettino if he walked out after less than a season.  Yes they had a very dissapointing season, but he was only there for part of it.

Maybe they are bunch of spoiled brats and he can't manage them. Or maybe it's just the language? I don't know, it's a bit strange wanting to get out this fast
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #52 on: June 2, 2021, 01:15:29 pm »
Maybe they are bunch of spoiled brats and he can't manage them. Or maybe it's just the language? I don't know, it's a bit strange wanting to get out this fast

he speaks some French, and of course he does have history with PSG.

Indeed, sometimes people don't settle, but for a man who’s travelled extensively to coach and play football, not sure if that’s the most likely situation there.

Of cousre, if he doesn't win the CL with them next season - they’d sack him anyway  :P

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53 on: June 2, 2021, 01:17:18 pm »

Sounds like the problem is the set-up. Given he's a former PSG player (he openly said for years he'd love to manage them), it's surprising he didn't have more insight into the working structure

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: June 2, 2021, 01:40:23 pm »
Sounds like the problem is the set-up. Given he's a former PSG player (he openly said for years he'd love to manage them), it's surprising he didn't have more insight into the working structure
I suppose though that they're not the club he played for. Poch was playing for them 20 years ago now and they were bought by QSI in 2011. I doubt anything remains of the structure he was a part of the playing staff in. They're like Man City, they're not actually the same club as pre-takeover really.

I think a lot of it's paper talk. He'll give it another season then get sacked if he doesn't deliver a Champions League.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: June 2, 2021, 02:02:35 pm »
Keep reading that it's Leonardo that's hard to get along with?

Imagine leaving that set up after 6 months to run back to Daniel Levy?  There's got to be some relationship issues.
King Kenny.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: June 2, 2021, 02:22:44 pm »

Imagine leaving that set up after 6 months to run back to Daniel Levy?  There's got to be some relationship issues.
Yeah, he must really have the ear of the owners, because three different managers are reported to have struggled to get along with him now. Three quite different managers. And given Poch put up with Levy for that long, you'd think he's a fairly amenable chap.

Marca though are running with the claim that Leonardo is finally the one under pressure and his inability to get along with successive managers will cost him - they'll retain Poch ahead of him. If they did that, it's the kind of show of faith that would mean he can't leave. Surely after 10 years, over a billion spent including the two most expensive signings of all time, no European Cup and successive manager fall outs without a clear and cohesive recruitment strategy, you'd think Leonardo's time had run it's course.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: June 2, 2021, 05:13:26 pm »
Yeah, he must really have the ear of the owners, because three different managers are reported to have struggled to get along with him now. Three quite different managers. And given Poch put up with Levy for that long, you'd think he's a fairly amenable chap.

Marca though are running with the claim that Leonardo is finally the one under pressure and his inability to get along with successive managers will cost him - they'll retain Poch ahead of him. If they did that, it's the kind of show of faith that would mean he can't leave. Surely after 10 years, over a billion spent including the two most expensive signings of all time, no European Cup and successive manager fall outs without a clear and cohesive recruitment strategy, you'd think Leonardo's time had run it's course.

Oooh, if Leonardo goes, that's a good win for Pochettino.  Wouldn't shock me if Pochettino's camp leaked some of the Spurs stuff to try to get some leverage over Leonardo and force PSG to make a decision (He may have also been interested in Spurs but it's a win-win for him to be linked there).  Combined with Tuchel winning the CL with Chelsea, can definitely see Leonardo under some pressure.
King Kenny.

Offline zimmie'5555

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: June 2, 2021, 05:47:49 pm »

Apparently Leonardo is a bit difficult for anyone to get along with there. You might think someone higher up might notice that, even if he is a legend there.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2021, 09:33:48 pm »
Marco Silva to Fulham

Peter Rutzler@peterrutzler
NEW: Fulham have provisionally agreed a deal with Marco Silva to replace Scott Parker

Offline zimmie'5555

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2021, 09:35:07 pm »
All the jobs filled and still nothing for Eddie Howe