Author Topic: Amazon Fire Stick  (Read 102077 times)

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
Re: Amazon Fire Stick
« Reply #240 on: November 4, 2018, 02:39:04 pm »
Get her an xbox one mate,it's not much more & if you sign up for a 1 month game pass you can fill it up with games and then take it offline,the games then continue to work until you go back online (obviously only games that don't need to be online to play).

The extra controller is also cheaper for the xbox.

A quick look and this is a great deal,2 controllers,Red Dead Redemption 2, Tekken 7 & Project Cars 2 for £229,you could get at least £45 if you sold RDR2 and £12 for Tekken.You would then have paid less than a BNIB Shield & that comes with only 1 controller.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/microsoft-xbox-one-s-dual-wireless-controllers-red-dead-redemption-2-tekken-7-project-cars-2-bundle-10187997-pdt.html

1tb as well.

Thanks mate,Didn't think of that as an option. It will probably be used for 30% gaming and the rest just me using it as a media player. I need to give it some thought  ;D

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #241 on: November 24, 2018, 11:02:32 pm »
Righto

Ive an old firestick and just downloaded kodi (krypton version) onto it. I guess i need to download some channels now

Can anyone point me to a guide on how to get the footy stuff onto kodi plz.
Im new to kodi etc

Thank you

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: November 25, 2018, 05:12:42 pm »
is it recommended to get one of these over the other android boxes out there. was looking at the t95s but is the amazon fire better?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: November 25, 2018, 05:16:39 pm »
is it recommended to get one of these over the other android boxes out there. was looking at the t95s but is the amazon fire better?

I prefer sticks just because they're easier to move around and are very reliable,2nd gens are good and the new 4k ones are great imo,lightning fast and handle 4k stuff with ease,both have £15 off until midnight.

Only downside is that memory is limited but why would you need bigger memory.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: November 25, 2018, 11:34:36 pm »
thanks but will amazon block alot of content if you use their device though?

looks like they dont ship them to ireland anyway. might have to try another one
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 11:40:59 pm by darragh85 »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: November 25, 2018, 11:59:20 pm »

They've not done so far.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: November 26, 2018, 12:02:29 am »

You can get them in Argos
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #247 on: November 26, 2018, 09:45:58 am »
Righto

Ive an old firestick and just downloaded kodi (krypton version) onto it. I guess i need to download some channels now

Im new to kodi etc

Thank you

I think its best to put a Kodi build now onto it it means all the best addon will be put on for you just check on Youtube there are loads of them and they usually show you what they are like and give a step by step guide to installing them.

Personally I use this build.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ALlGS2-z1XE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ALlGS2-z1XE</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: November 26, 2018, 09:52:00 pm »
You can get them in Argos

i see it on argos uk site but not the irish one.

will it actually work if i order through argos though or will everything be region locked?

is fire tv recommended over other android tv boxes?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: November 26, 2018, 11:10:14 pm »
Righto

Im new to kodi etc

Thank you

Check your messages.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #250 on: November 26, 2018, 11:11:56 pm »
Yes mate.
I just found it and I am currently "on it".
Absolutely brilliant thanks.

Will let tou know how i get on

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #251 on: December 6, 2019, 10:35:08 pm »
Can anyone help with this issue?

My dads stick works but the settings do not display, hangs on three dots. I’ve done some research and want to reset to factory settings.

Cant do it via settings, have tried the back button and right for ten seconds but this does not bring the factory reset option up. I have de registered the stick via Amazon but no success with the settings showing. Have also reset amazon apps to factory settings via es explorer. Can not think of anything else I can do. Has anyone come across this before? Have also deleted all apps.

Thanks

Offline Giz a Gobble

• Scouse Turkey that's hard to swallow.....
  • Main Stander
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 97.
« Reply #252 on: January 2, 2020, 03:23:36 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm trying to sort out a relative's TV for their new home and it seems as though this may, may be an option.

They have no aerial and don't watch much apart from the basic channels so essentially freeview would be required. They would find it difficult to pay for sky etc. Getting an aerial isn't much of an option really and they've tried internal aerials with not much success too.

The TV that they have isn't a smart TV albeit relatively modern, about 7 years old and they're extremely overwhelmed by smartphones/casting etc so that wouldn't work out either by doing it via that method.

I've scratched my head trying to think of a simple solution for them.

Can anyone help with alternatives? I was thinking of being able to get the freeview play app onto a NOW TV stick/firestick and sync up the BBC,ITV,C4,C5 accounts for them to use that app as their main viewing device for live tv essentially but I'm not sure that'll work? It does appear that getting them a firestick (they have fibre broadband) may be the best solution to get them to watch the basic channels...?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #253 on: January 2, 2020, 05:18:25 pm »
Think there is a freeview app for Firestick. Not completely sure but sure I’ve seen it previously.

Then could use the various channel apps for playing older stuff.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #254 on: January 2, 2020, 07:14:06 pm »
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UA9BLSG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got this aerial early this year, and it actually works - first one I have ever tried that does.  Even picks up HD channels fine.  Have to make sure it goes by the window though.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: January 2, 2020, 07:29:28 pm »
Think there is a freeview app for Firestick. Not completely sure but sure I’ve seen it previously.

Then could use the various channel apps for playing older stuff.

Freesat not freeview but you can watch BBC and ITV live channels on their apps but would have to watch other programs on more4 and ch5 apps after they've aired.

There are apps that you can get and watch live tv but I'm not sure how good they are atm as I've not used them for ages.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: January 2, 2020, 07:39:55 pm »
How come getting an ariel isn’t an option? Surely the property has one already, or has had one previously?

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #257 on: January 7, 2020, 07:14:56 am »
Hi lads . Living in Ireland . Amazon prime video won’t stream off Firestick in IreLand due to error code 5505. Any ideas ? Amazon chat help about as useful as Jordan pickfords arms
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #258 on: January 7, 2020, 08:39:54 am »
No idea what that code is. Google?

What happens when you use a vpn?

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: January 7, 2020, 09:36:33 am »
Probably a geo restriction thing, as McrRed says maybe try a VPN.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: January 7, 2020, 09:51:22 am »
Hi everyone, I'm trying to sort out a relative's TV for their new home and it seems as though this may, may be an option.

They have no aerial and don't watch much apart from the basic channels so essentially freeview would be required. They would find it difficult to pay for sky etc. Getting an aerial isn't much of an option really and they've tried internal aerials with not much success too.

The TV that they have isn't a smart TV albeit relatively modern, about 7 years old and they're extremely overwhelmed by smartphones/casting etc so that wouldn't work out either by doing it via that method.

I've scratched my head trying to think of a simple solution for them.

Can anyone help with alternatives? I was thinking of being able to get the freeview play app onto a NOW TV stick/firestick and sync up the BBC,ITV,C4,C5 accounts for them to use that app as their main viewing device for live tv essentially but I'm not sure that'll work? It does appear that getting them a firestick (they have fibre broadband) may be the best solution to get them to watch the basic channels...?

Might find something here

https://www.digitbin.com/android-apps-stream-live-tv-free/

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #261 on: January 9, 2020, 12:05:43 am »
Can VPN fool a Firesticks GPS  into thinking I’m in the uk but when I’m actually in IreLand?
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: January 9, 2020, 01:35:27 pm »
Can VPN fool a Firesticks GPS  into thinking I’m in the uk but when I’m actually in IreLand?
https://proprivacy.com/vpn/guides/how-to-change-country-on-a-fire-stick

Dunno if that is any help?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: January 9, 2020, 01:54:38 pm »

It doesn't have GPS so you can set your account up with a UK address,I used to use Melwood  ;D & then as you're in Ireland I'm guessing you would just use your vpn but none of that matters unless you were wanting to use it for the Prime content.

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #264 on: January 10, 2020, 10:16:10 am »
Thanks lads
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: February 1, 2020, 12:53:14 pm »
My streams are dark, tv brightness up to max.
Any help?
mines a pint

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #266 on: February 1, 2020, 01:36:10 pm »
Have you tried taking your sunglasses off?

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: February 1, 2020, 01:44:18 pm »
 8) :D
mines a pint

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: February 1, 2020, 02:06:02 pm »
8) :D

Test it on another tv or try another hdmi port.

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #269 on: February 7, 2020, 06:08:40 pm »
Currently on offer on Amazon

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: February 7, 2020, 07:58:58 pm »
£15 off is an absolute bargain.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarįs Solo.
« Reply #271 on: February 20, 2020, 08:01:55 pm »
Can't get my home page to load on my Firestick, just got the index across the top (home, videos, movies, tv shows, apps, settings) and the rest of the screen is blank except for three dots trying to load the page. Tried restarting, unplugging everything, doing updates, nothing works. Trying to open an app through the apps page doesnt work either plus it doesnt show any that I've added myself anyway. Any advice, it's doing my head in!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: February 20, 2020, 08:38:01 pm »
Can't get my home page to load on my Firestick, just got the index across the top (home, videos, movies, tv shows, apps, settings) and the rest of the screen is blank except for three dots trying to load the page. Tried restarting, unplugging everything, doing updates, nothing works. Trying to open an app through the apps page doesnt work either plus it doesnt show any that I've added myself anyway. Any advice, it's doing my head in!

Go to the wifi in settings and check it by pressing the play button in settings,the sign out and back into your wifi.You should be able to open apps from application manager in settings.

Nowt to worry about as it happens sometimes but you should still be able to open the apps.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarįs Solo.
« Reply #273 on: February 20, 2020, 09:18:19 pm »
Go to the wifi in settings and check it by pressing the play button in settings,the sign out and back into your wifi.You should be able to open apps from application manager in settings.

Nowt to worry about as it happens sometimes but you should still be able to open the apps.
Thanks, all seemed ok on the wifi but I logged out and back in to my Amazon account and that seemed to sort it!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: February 21, 2020, 08:29:00 pm »
Thanks, all seemed ok on the wifi but I logged out and back in to my Amazon account and that seemed to sort it!

:thumbup

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2020, 02:26:36 pm »
Does having a Fire Stick have any advantage over the Android Smart TV I'm using? The TV has has Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Video etc which I use although they can be a little bit unresponsive at times.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2020, 02:50:20 pm »
Does having a Fire Stick have any advantage over the Android Smart TV I'm using? The TV has has Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Video etc which I use although they can be a little bit unresponsive at times.

Yeah,it will be faster,can side load more apps plus you can move it around the house.Since they added browser options after Google & Amazon had a falling out over youtube it has become the best streaming option around,they're hands down the best value for money as well.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #277 on: March 16, 2020, 02:56:27 pm »

Depends how nasty your TV is. I was watching Amazon Prime and Netflix through a Sony Blu Ray player, and switching to a Fire Stick is much slicker, stable and responsive. Also handy for travel (if we ever get to do that again). 

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2020, 02:56:47 pm »
What are the best apps, normal and side loaded, these days?

Need to reset my older one as loads of crap on it and get some new stuff on it.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #279 on: March 16, 2020, 03:00:51 pm »
What are the best apps, normal and side loaded, these days?

Need to reset my older one as loads of crap on it and get some new stuff on it.

I sideloaded stuff when I got it, but never really used it - Netflix and Amazon Prime already has more stuff than I have time to watch.