Author Topic: The Grand theft Auto Thread  (Read 20636 times)

Offline RedGirlSuzie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only hero we need!
Re: The Grand theft Auto Thread
« Reply #40 on: September 6, 2010, 11:24:21 am »
I love the radio in these games..the debates they have are great. Anyone remember the masterpiece song "Taxi drivers must die" from GTA2?

Personally quite liked the mail order baby advert! Can't remember what one it's in, but always cracked me up when I heard it!

Might have to go home and play either vice city or 4 again, shame I can't be bothered to dig out my playstation and original gta and london games!!! ;D
On awaiting Everton's arrival for a derby game at Anfield, Shankly gave a box of toilet rolls to the doorman and said: 'Give them these when they arrive – they'll need them!'

What a legend this man is!

Offline crackerbox

• Yes boys, shorts weather
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #41 on: September 6, 2010, 11:29:56 am »
Personally quite liked the mail order baby advert! Can't remember what one it's in, but always cracked me up when I heard it!

Might have to go home and play either vice city or 4 again, shame I can't be bothered to dig out my playstation and original gta and london games!!! ;D
ARE YOU TIRED OF DAD?
"Dad, noone wants to hear your stupid vietnam stories!"
ARE YOU TIRED OF MOM?
"Hi Angels, you wanna go outside or read a book?"
"NO!"
DEGENATROOON
Real Arcade feeling comes to your living room, only without the creepy guy in the corner offering to sell puppies!
AWESOME!
The Degenatron plays three exciting games!
Defender of the Faith, where "you save the green dots with your fantastic flying red square!"
COOL!
Monkey's Paradise, where "you swing from green dot to green dot with your red square monkey!
WOW!
Penetrator, where "you smash the green dots deep inside the mysterious red square!
THATS GRAND!
I´LL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL AGAIN!

I love R* for this
I was in Alder Hay with an abscess on my hip in about 1973 and Bill Shankly never came and played the bongos for me.

http://twitter.com/crackerboxx

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #42 on: September 6, 2010, 11:40:04 am »
San Andreas for me too, it had it all really.

It is tight between San Andreas and Vice City though. i think the latest one (4) just didnt have enough personality. the sound track and the gang wars was awesome on san andreas too, along with the story line.

bring it back in Full HD!
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline IfOnlyYouKnew

• Slow reader
  • Anny Roader
  • "No truly great man ever thought himself so"
« Reply #43 on: September 6, 2010, 11:46:04 am »
I hear that Wayne Rooney has been dropped by EA Sport for his FIFA 10 endorsements but was quickly been picked up for GRAND THEFT AUTO - VICE CITY!

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #44 on: September 6, 2010, 11:48:36 am »
I hear that Wayne Rooney has been dropped by EA Sport for his FIFA 10 endorsements but was quickly been picked up for GRAND THEFT AUTO - VICE CITY!
as the fat tourist?
I was in Alder Hay with an abscess on my hip in about 1973 and Bill Shankly never came and played the bongos for me.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #45 on: September 6, 2010, 12:06:03 pm »
will San Andreas for the PS2, work in my PS3?

My PS2 broke a few years back but ive got the games stored up in the loft, dont want to dig them out for no point as it will take awhile.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #46 on: September 6, 2010, 12:24:02 pm »
will San Andreas for the PS2, work in my PS3?

My PS2 broke a few years back but ive got the games stored up in the loft, dont want to dig them out for no point as it will take awhile.

only if you have the old 60gb version.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 6, 2010, 12:24:29 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYnFjbmr0ZA

My favorite channel...OF ALL TIME.
ah yes..the one and only Maurice Chavez! I love the debate where some crazy guy wants to separate Florida from mainland USA. "We need a river..the FREEDOM river!"..classic!

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #48 on: September 6, 2010, 12:45:18 pm »
Loved Vice City, wasn't as keen on San Andreas although some of the missions were ace.

And being 1 pidgeon away from getting 100% on GTA4 will probably annoy for eternity.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 6, 2010, 01:35:56 pm »
If I had to pick

Vice City - A perfect game - characters, music, look, tone, missions, size, city, sense of fun, difficulty etc

GTAIV - An amazing achievement, a beautiful game, big fan of the (slightly) more mature tone and storytelling, the only game in the series to have a decent control system ie. the cover and lock on mechanics, the only game where the cars and weapons feel like they have 'weight' to them and each feels different, the city is amazing and actually feels alive.

GTAIII - Still a lot fun

San Andreas - Trys too hard to be everything and ends up failing because of it, pointlessly large empty environments that are barely used, none of cities have enough time or space to develop a personality, the RPG elements are incredibly shit and amateurishly implemented, maddening draw distance makes flying a pain. It probably would have been a lot better if they'd waited and built for the next gen systems. Hmm, it sounds like I hate it but it I remember having a lot of fun with it as well.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 6, 2010, 01:39:44 pm »
A perfect GTA for me would be one set in the location of San Andreas but maybe having a Vice City instead of San Fierro. It would have Vice City's radio and main character and story with the gameplay elements that made San An such tremendous fun. It would be done on the same game engine IV was done on as well.

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #51 on: September 6, 2010, 01:55:04 pm »
ah yes..the one and only Maurice Chavez! I love the debate where some crazy guy wants to separate Florida from mainland USA. "We need a river..the FREEDOM river!"..classic!
Maurice is a legend ;D

"Maurice Chavez! That´s Chavez! Not Chaves or Chaviis.. This isn´t a game show!"
"Do not push my shiny-soothed Prick! DO NOT PUSH ME!"

Offline Eluamous

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 6, 2010, 03:06:32 pm »
V-Rock was, is, and always will be the best radio station.

"It's time to lock up your daughters, and shoot your sons! Love Fist are coming to town..."

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #53 on: September 6, 2010, 08:48:12 pm »
"Call your parents, call your mother, call in sick to work, I have a special treat for you, I´m telling ya, this is on Compact Disc. COMPACT DISC! Have you seen this things yet? I´m tellin ya it´s gonna knock your socks off, it´s like a record, only its played by lasers, that wont skip! WOW!

Still the best is Lazlow and Maurice Chavez...

I loved Lazlow in GTA 4 where he goes around an speaks to people about the radio and they all tell him to fuck off :D

Lazlow:"Hey how are ya, what do you thin..."
Girl: "Hey fuck off! I´m writing a text message!"
Lazlow(mimicking): Uhhhh I´m writing a text message nyuh nyuh nyuh!"

Hes a legend

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 6, 2010, 09:19:42 pm »
I love the radio in these games..the debates they have are great. Anyone remember the masterpiece song "Taxi drivers must die" from GTA2?

That one is class ;D and oddly enough that bollocks "Jesus my saviour, my favourite flavour" song would always get stuck in my head on GTA2...

The absolute best song ever from gta (and this is not up for debate) is..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UEi_yNAre2I?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UEi_yNAre2I?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
The menfolk found their women scary, 'cause they were so big and hairy....

GTA will always be my favourite because it was revolutionairy. There had never been a game quite like that. It was so bloody hard too, in the way that only older games are! Levels that could take a whole day to complete with just three lives and no "save" function.  I always remember the mission where you have to steal a lorry but can't drive under 50mph or it blows up (sounds familiar)... all this on busy roads with no speedometer on the screen... I've never managed to do that.

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2010, 11:52:39 am »
So next question...

Who was your favorite Character and why?

I cant make my mind up between Tommy Vercetti and Bruce Kibbutz.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2010, 11:55:22 am »
The most fun was without any shadow of a doubt was Vice City. San Andreas was fucking awesome. They are all boss. Rockstar rule. The end.

I burnt all the Vice City radio stations to CD and listen to them in the car. I have to refrain from driving up pavements and shooting people out the window.

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2010, 02:00:11 pm »
I've played every GTA except San Andreas, I have no idea why I missed that one.

I liked the new one Niko Belic was a good character, I think most of us have known someone like Brucie at one time or another.  The only thing that bugs me is the constant stream of people ringing you for a night out or a drink or dinner or a date, it's a bit too much, sometimes you want to crack on with some action but you're playing pool for the millionth time instead.  They need to dial that back a bit for the next one.

Some great lines in GTA4 too like when Niko kidknaps a woman and she's in the boot shouting at him "I'll scratch you're fucking eyes out" and he shouts back "Scratch my balls".  Or even some of the more simplistic dialogue where he chasing someone to kill them and he's shouting "Come here you prick, you're fucking dead"  always make me laugh.

I like the addition of some player decisions on what Niko does, very much in the vain of Biowares Mass Effect series, I know the only big decision is at the end as to how you finish the game but I'd like to see more of that in the next one at a few different junctions in the game.
We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2010, 02:07:37 pm »
Yeah, sitting in a cafe having a conversation with someone waiting for the moment to shoot them in the face is a heck of a lot of fun! ;D

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2010, 02:13:14 pm »

Some great lines in GTA4 too like when Niko kidknaps a woman and she's in the boot shouting at him "I'll scratch you're fucking eyes out" and he shouts back "Scratch my balls".  Or even some of the more simplistic dialogue where he chasing someone to kill them and he's shouting "Come here you prick, you're fucking dead"  always make me laugh.

Haha, yeah I love that. There is that mission were you have to rescue Roman from some goons in an old factory and as you are murdering your way through it he keeps shouting mad stuff in a really deep Bale Batman voice, it's hilarious.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2010, 02:15:44 pm »
Yeah, sitting in a cafe having a conversation with someone waiting for the moment to shoot them in the face is a heck of a lot of fun! ;D

Thats one of my favourite missions that one, the gay fella's sitting there with a red rose in his lapel and Niko's making awkward conversation with him till you decide to shoot him.  ;D

It was a great one that.  The other one I loved was the homage to Heat with the hit in the bank where you have to go in a suit and do the job, then shoot your way out.  It was very Robert De Niro on the streats running from the rozzers with a machine gun blazing while wearing a grey suit.

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2010, 02:30:20 pm »
I've played every GTA except San Andreas, I have no idea why I missed that one.

The only way this is acceptable is if you were either kidnapped or in a coma.

Get it sorted. You can still play San Andreas on XBOX 360. Dunno bout PS3 but I assume so.

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2010, 03:12:25 pm »
The only way this is acceptable is if you were either kidnapped or in a coma.

Get it sorted. You can still play San Andreas on XBOX 360. Dunno bout PS3 but I assume so.

I'll get on it right away. ;)

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2010, 03:31:29 pm »
Vice City was boss!! I would love a return to London or some sort of European settings, if not that then Vice City return could be cool!

the music in vice city was lush! V-ROCK! LASSLOOOWWW

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2010, 03:54:35 pm »
I still havent finished Gta 4 yet....I´ve owned it for 5 months now  :lickin
too busy watching Ricky Gervais in the Split Sides club

But I´ve gotten far

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2010, 06:27:45 pm »
Fav character hmmm thats a really tough one! Playable character it was Tommy Vercetti. Hard as nails! CJ was alright as well but nowhere near Tommy!

Non Playable is tougher, possibly Catalina, the crazy bird who you robbed banks and bookies etc with. She was funny as fuck, Honorable mentions to O.G Loc, Torino, Rosenburg & Lopez was it? The one who had the scarface mansion what Tommy took over? Shot the video recorder because it wouldnt work only to find out it wasnt plugged in ;D
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2010, 06:33:50 pm »
Fav character hmmm thats a really tough one! Playable character it was Tommy Vercetti. Hard as nails! CJ was alright as well but nowhere near Tommy!

Non Playable is tougher, possibly Catalina, the crazy bird who you robbed banks and bookies etc with. She was funny as fuck, Honorable mentions to O.G Loc, Torino, Rosenburg & Lopez was it? The one who had the scarface mansion what Tommy took over? Shot the video recorder because it wouldnt work only to find out it wasnt plugged in ;D
Diaz ;D

that was my favorite joke of all time...

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2010, 01:26:38 am »
Aye diaz haha he was class. Lance Vance was good as well
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2010, 11:54:14 am »
Just to confirm... Adam Sandler did the voices of the radio commercials on Emotion 98.3 in Vice City yes? Or was it a sound-a-like?

Also love how the integrate characters from old GTA games into the new missions. Class.

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2010, 11:56:42 am »
He didnt do them .

I just finished GTA 4... It is so brilliant! Most impressing Storyline ever since Jak 3 and Vice City  :)

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2010, 01:52:56 am »
ahhh how to choose my favourite GTA game that's a tough choice as there all fantastic  :)
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2010, 11:16:18 am »
GTA 1 was a classic. Didn't like the one where you started in an upturned car with fire. Vice city was fun. San Andreas was playable but the gym and all that was just bollicks.

GTA 4 is plain shite. No immersion or anything. It's an impressive technical achievement and a showcase of game cinematography but it was just plain boring and repetitive after a bit and more importantly it felt boring and repetitive which obviously bored me to tears.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2010, 04:22:46 pm »
Which is why the two DLC packs are good and made it a much funner game to play, especially the Ballad of Gay Tony ;)

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2010, 04:28:16 pm »
Plain shite is pretty harsh, the environment is fantastic, the characters are pretty good and the physics are great. The main drawback is the linear and repetitive missions but it's still vastly superior to most sandbox games out there.

I still think they should remake San Andreas.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2010, 04:37:26 pm »

I still think they should remake San Andreas.

I'd buy it at a high price

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2010, 08:50:59 pm »
Finished IV for the 4th time now...and its still not boring.

WHo was your favorite GTA Character?

Mine are Tommy Vercetti and Brucie!

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2010, 08:52:49 pm »
I've rrmead loads online trying to search for GTA V and it seems that people in the games lark think it'll be set in San Andreas. That'd be great on next gen.
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2010, 08:59:19 pm »
Yeah I´d like one where you could just jump in to a jet and fly to Vice or Liberty.

We can dream

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2010, 09:02:40 pm »
Noooooooooo I actually hated San Andreas, dunno why cos everyone else loved it but I didn't. The story was brilliant but apart from that the game was shite imo

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2010, 01:58:57 am »
Noooooooooo I actually hated San Andreas, dunno why cos everyone else loved it but I didn't. The story was brilliant but apart from that the game was shite imo

seriously? i thought it was amazing. so much to do.

why dont you like it?