Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 1 Manchester city Stones 24’ MacAllister 50’  (Read 30650 times)

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 1 Manchester city Stones 24’ MacAllister 50’
« Reply #920 on: March 11, 2024, 10:46:08 am »
watched the highlights...
damn those missed chances - couple for Diaz and one for Nunez, another day and we would have been up. But they did hit the bar at the end so could have been a sucker punch

First half they were better than us for first 15. Only other period in match they had was around 80 when they kept the ball well for about 10 as they were obviously happy with settling for a draw

Apart from that we were clearly better than them. The chances missed we have to now make sure we don't regret...we need a statement win this season and I suppose it'll have to now be United away!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #921 on: March 11, 2024, 10:50:23 am »
damn those missed chances - couple for Diaz and one for Nunez, another day and we would have been up. But they did hit the bar at the end so could have been a sucker punch

First half they were better than us for first 15. Only other period in match they had was around 80 when they kept the ball well for about 10 as they were obviously happy with settling for a draw

Apart from that we were clearly better than them. The chances missed we have to now make sure we don't regret...we need a statement win this season and I suppose it'll have to now be United away!

Or Tottenham after they’ve taken points of both City and Arsenal the previous weeks  ;)

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #922 on: March 11, 2024, 11:03:56 am »
This is the level of claptrap reporting we have in the newspapers (and the reason why I don't read any of them).

"Jurgen Klopp launches into bizarre rant as he insists Liverpool should have had an injury-time penalty for Jeremy Doku's challenge... after asking Sky Sports reporter his opinion first!"

We all heard the interview and there was no "bizarre rant". Nothing in the interview was bizarre and there was no ranting by Jurgen. It's just disrespectful nonsense from a writer who clearly has lost the ability to create an informed and balanced article. The headline is clickbait to make you want to read more about the "bizarre rant" and then when you do there's nothing whatsoever to explain the headline. The only thing "bizarre" was that Klopp asked the reporter if the thought it was a penalty and if anyone thinks that is bizarre then they obviously have an agenda.

It was written by Lewis Steele from the Daily Mail and just shows the level of shite that he and the paper write. There's practically zero content in the article and it's basically just a cut and paste of Jurgen's quotes. No insight, no analysis, no balanced viewpoint.......just clickbait. This level of poor writing fuels the ignorance of other fans who will latch onto the words "bizarre rant" and believe the headline hook, line and sinker.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 11:06:24 am by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #923 on: March 11, 2024, 11:04:42 am »
One thing that really helped us in the second half was that yellow for Rodri.  He was completely ineffective in the second half, barely did anything and couldn't risk putting it about like he usually does.

He's now 2 yellows away from a 2 game ban. He's their most important player. It would be ideal for us if he misses the Spurs away game, he needs 2 cards in the next 4 games for that to happen.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #924 on: March 11, 2024, 11:19:58 am »

I reckon Diaz had only one chance and that was the second half one when clean through. The Nunez one was a good save and the Foden bar one came off his arm . They did hit the post though . Iam surprised their goal wasn't checked as one of our players the nearest to Jones was pushed and held.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #925 on: March 11, 2024, 11:21:59 am »
This is the level of claptrap reporting we have in the newspapers (and the reason why I don't read any of them).

"Jurgen Klopp launches into bizarre rant as he insists Liverpool should have had an injury-time penalty for Jeremy Doku's challenge... after asking Sky Sports reporter his opinion first!"

We all heard the interview and there was no "bizarre rant". Nothing in the interview was bizarre and there was no ranting by Jurgen. It's just disrespectful nonsense from a writer who clearly has lost the ability to create an informed and balanced article. The headline is clickbait to make you want to read more about the "bizarre rant" and then when you do there's nothing whatsoever to explain the headline. The only thing "bizarre" was that Klopp asked the reporter if the thought it was a penalty and if anyone thinks that is bizarre then they obviously have an agenda.

It was written by Lewis Steele from the Daily Mail and just shows the level of shite that he and the paper write. There's practically zero content in the article and it's basically just a cut and paste of Jurgen's quotes. No insight, no analysis, no balanced viewpoint.......just clickbait. This level of poor writing fuels the ignorance of other fans who will latch onto the words "bizarre rant" and believe the headline hook, line and sinker.

Not being funny, but if you read shite from the Daily Nazi then you deserve all you get.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #926 on: March 11, 2024, 11:24:39 am »
The post-match 'space' is becoming increasingly unbearable with rival fans and media outlets spinning events to make it seem like Klopp is being outlandish in calling for a pen. Every week there's a HUGE talking point as controversy is confected and contrived. Just so dull.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: March 11, 2024, 11:28:18 am »
Man City winning yesterday would have put us in the same position - same games to play and hoping they drop bits before an inevitable running win. It's a boost and whilst a win I think would have made us overwhelming favourites I still think we have far more fire power to take into the business end of the season.

We've got through this phase at times on fumes and the kids winning it.

A draw between City and Arse would be ace before they draw each other in the CL quarter finals please.

I'd rather Arsenal get to the semis or final. They don't rotate so their legs will go at somepoint.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #928 on: March 11, 2024, 11:36:15 am »
Think we played really well and were quite clearly the better team. Diaz’s finishing is really why he doesn’t quite fit here. You can’t have someone that wasteful in that position. Cost us the win imo

hahah fuck me

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: March 11, 2024, 11:52:43 am »
One of my bluenose mates just texted me saying youse were robbed again. If an Everton fan can see it then there is the answer !

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #930 on: March 11, 2024, 11:55:45 am »
Think we played really well and were quite clearly the better team. Diaz’s finishing is really why he doesn’t quite fit here. You can’t have someone that wasteful in that position. Cost us the win imo
You're basically asking for something that no other club has: a set of forwards who are all insanely good finishers. We have Salah and Jota for that. More than most. The others score a fair few but will also miss stuff. Your call about Diaz not belonging at LFC seems very harsh.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #931 on: March 11, 2024, 11:56:58 am »
One thing that really helped us in the second half was that yellow for Rodri.  He was completely ineffective in the second half, barely did anything and couldn't risk putting it about like he usually does.

Wasn't Rodri the one who handballed on our counter with the ref playing advantage in the second half?

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #932 on: March 11, 2024, 12:00:33 pm »
Kelleher gives us an extra footballer on the pitch. Many times in the past when City pressured and the ball went back to Alisson they would regain possession. With Kelleher we just have an extra footballer in there who can absorb that pressure and keep possession. Against other teams it is not that big an issue, but against pressing teams I would want a keeper like Kelleher.
He is seriously making me think of the goalkeeper position long term.

Kelleher was going long a lot more times than i remember Allison doing, that was not the reason we kept the ball better, the reason was our midfield of Endo Macallister Elliott and Domonik, and the fact City have dropped a level.

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: March 11, 2024, 12:03:19 pm »
Not being funny, but if you read shite from the Daily Nazi then you deserve all you get.

I don't go looking for it and as I said I don't read any newspapers. I was looking for a video of the Doku incident and saw the headline. Just out of curiosity I decided to read it to see what utter crap they write and sure enough it was crap.

The danger of this sort of shite is that a lot of people believe what they read and will regurgitate the nonsense as if it is true. A lot of people believe that somehow a wrong drop-ball decision lead to a goal minutes later.

I don't read newspapers so can't really comment whether this level of poor writing is prevalent (I suspect it is). It's a well used technique whereby you write a headline that's a bit extreme and then people will read and believe it. The majority of fans do not support Liverpool and so any negative reporting will feed their agenda much more so than positive reporting will (which will only tend to be read by the minority of supporters....ie us). I'm sure all clubs get the same treatment in that their fans will be vastly outnumbered by the majority of fans.
#JFT97

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: March 11, 2024, 12:05:26 pm »
Wasn't Rodri the one who handballed on our counter with the ref playing advantage in the second half?

Yes and at the time I wondered if he was going to get a second yellow but I guess the ref played on. We should have just stopped and put up our hands to force the referee to make a decision. I think Rodri was fortunate that he wasn't sent off as it looked like a deliberate handball.
#JFT97

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #935 on: March 11, 2024, 12:26:24 pm »
Yes and at the time I wondered if he was going to get a second yellow but I guess the ref played on. We should have just stopped and put up our hands to force the referee to make a decision. I think Rodri was fortunate that he wasn't sent off as it looked like a deliberate handball.
Yeah, I don't think you can play on if the decision is a red card.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: March 11, 2024, 12:33:02 pm »
I reckon Diaz had only one chance and that was the second half one when clean through. The Nunez one was a good save and the Foden bar one came off his arm . They did hit the post though . Iam surprised their goal wasn't checked as one of our players the nearest to Jones was pushed and held.

He had two very good chances (the one from Mo Salah, which was an xG of 0.4; and then the one where Nunez played a perfectly weighted pass through to him, and whilst trying to control it, he passed it 10 yards straight to Ederson) and one maybe "good" chance (xG of 0.13, from the pass from Szoboslai in the first half).   They hit the woodwork twice - as you said, the Foden one where it hit his arm (so would have been disallowed) from a bizarre punch from Kelleher, and Doku which was an xG of 0.04 so a very difficult chance and would have been saved if it had been going in).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 12:36:07 pm by Scottymuser »

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste bjφrksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #937 on: March 11, 2024, 12:35:36 pm »
He really had 3 within that 5 minute span, but couldn’t get a shot off for two of them because of poor touches.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #938 on: March 11, 2024, 12:38:07 pm »
We have to hope that performance pushes us on.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: March 11, 2024, 12:43:12 pm »
We never really created a clear chance after the Diaz misses though, and against top sides misses like that tend to bite you in the arse.

Speaking of Diaz, that run where he made Rodri and Walker look like a pair of bums was one of the best things I've ever seen.

Yes we did?  Nunez had a good chance (xG of 0.28) in the 71st minute that Ortega saved very well; Mac and Salah both had xG chances of about 0.13 (maybe not clear, but not bad), and in the Salah "penalty" call incident, Gakpo had a clear sight of goal, 12 yards out, and mysteriously chose not to take an easy shot on, fake twice, before passing to Salah.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: March 11, 2024, 12:45:53 pm »

Was going to post exactly the same. I despair every time anyone shares a story from that pile of shite. They're as bad as the other one we don't mention.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #941 on: March 11, 2024, 01:00:23 pm »

Which is the whole point. None of these hacks ridiculed the unhinged reaction of Forest last week. They indulged it and created mood music to allow Guardiola to put more pressure on the officials before the game yesterday.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: March 11, 2024, 01:12:21 pm »
The danger of this sort of shite is that a lot of people believe what they read and will regurgitate the nonsense as if it is true. A lot of people believe that somehow a wrong drop-ball decision lead to a goal minutes later.

To be fair, most who read that insidious, hate-filled rag still think Brexit's a good idea and Prince Andrew was stitched up.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #943 on: March 11, 2024, 01:17:35 pm »

I nearly fainted when he received a yellow card.  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: March 11, 2024, 01:18:34 pm »
The post-match 'space' is becoming increasingly unbearable with rival fans and media outlets spinning events to make it seem like Klopp is being outlandish in calling for a pen. Every week there's a HUGE talking point as controversy is confected and contrived. Just so dull.
They're genuinely terrified that we can go on and win it all. Most of the press will be creaming themselves silly if Utd beat us at the weekend.

It's such a pity that pre and post match is so full of genuine bullshit nowadays, as it was a great game yesterday, full of breathless tension and mental moments. However, coverage of top flight football has gone the way of all mainstream media in this country - even further down the garbage shoot than ever.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: March 11, 2024, 01:25:01 pm »
Kelleher just puts me at ease in that area. Alisson is less press resistant and makes me nervous at times.

Kelleher is absolutely outstanding these last few weeks. It's going to hard to keep him though as i think it's inevitable someone comes in with a proper big offer for him. New manager is going to have his work cut out. Is cup football going to be enough combined with a pay rise?
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: March 11, 2024, 01:33:30 pm »

One of the reasons i just don't watch any pre or post match stuff anymore is the trolling and baiting for clicks. I watch the match and then i go about my life. I honestly couldn't give a fuck what Neville, Carragher, Talksport, Ferdinand, the referee in the studio etc.. think about our games.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #947 on: March 11, 2024, 01:33:47 pm »
It's such a pity that pre and post match is so full of genuine bullshit nowadays.

I used to watch build up's to matches, then read all the stuff the next day. It's got that bad, that clickbait, that biased and so utterly shite (especially Sky and BBC Sport online) I don't look at anything anymore. Not a single thing.
Football coverage has gone the way of the fan-channel, unhinged nonsense, designed for clicks and engagement.

Say something bizarre and it gets more hits and comments. Sad but it'll always be like that now.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #948 on: March 11, 2024, 01:36:56 pm »
I used to watch build up's to matches, then read all the stuff the next day. It's got that bad, that clickbait, that biased and so utterly shite (especially Sky and BBC Sport online) I don't look at anything anymore. Not a single thing.
Football coverage has gone the way of the fan-channel, unhinged nonsense, designed for clicks and engagement.

Say something bizarre and it gets more hits and comments. Sad but it'll always be like that now.

I ignore all pre, post and half time anaylsis. Skip through match of the day, watch interviews on youtube and only take in various podcasts. I used to live Totally football show, but the level of journalists on it has been terrible this season. I don't mind the kind of half comedy podcasts that aren't actually trying to analyse anything, a bit like the football ramble.

I see most reaction from other pundits and fans from people posting it here or retweeting on twitter, and it's usually absolutely shite.

Expecting all those people that were outraged last week, to be very much "Well he did touch the ball" this week.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 01:38:30 pm by Elzar »
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #949 on: March 11, 2024, 01:46:46 pm »
I ignore all pre, post and half time anaylsis. Skip through match of the day, watch interviews on youtube and only take in various podcasts. I used to live Totally football show, but the level of journalists on it has been terrible this season. I don't mind the kind of half comedy podcasts that aren't actually trying to analyse anything, a bit like the football ramble.

There's a few I don't mind, I'll watch some podcasts on Youtube, but mainstream stuff decided 'hey, those fan channels are good aren't they?' and have decided to go down that road of ludicrous statements made about an incident to get clicks and engagement. It's what works for them as far as getting comments and the social media crowd to engage. Sky, BBC, especially Sky ... they've gone down the road of 'lets say something ridiculous'. When you have all the Youtubers now showing up on mainstream channels and sites, says it all.

You can argue SOME of them know their stuff, but a lot of it is just bluster for clicks.

The fact that the pen yesterday, which WAS a pen whether you're a red or not, gets less traction than a drop ball that happened TWO MINUTES before we scored last week, says it all.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: March 11, 2024, 02:17:56 pm »
He had two very good chances (the one from Mo Salah, which was an xG of 0.4; and then the one where Nunez played a perfectly weighted pass through to him, and whilst trying to control it, he passed it 10 yards straight to Ederson) and one maybe "good" chance (xG of 0.13, from the pass from Szoboslai in the first half).   They hit the woodwork twice - as you said, the Foden one where it hit his arm (so would have been disallowed) from a bizarre punch from Kelleher, and Doku which was an xG of 0.04 so a very difficult chance and would have been saved if it had been going in).

I must've popped out for a ciggie or something as don't remember that one. I'll never get my head around the x G thing by the way .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #951 on: March 11, 2024, 02:31:34 pm »
Yes we did?  Nunez had a good chance (xG of 0.28) in the 71st minute that Ortega saved very well; Mac and Salah both had xG chances of about 0.13 (maybe not clear, but not bad), and in the Salah "penalty" call incident, Gakpo had a clear sight of goal, 12 yards out, and mysteriously chose not to take an easy shot on, fake twice, before passing to Salah.
That non-shot from Gakpo was unbelievable but it comes from the fact his confidence is at rock bottom these past few weeks. Need to find a way to get him out of this.

Glad that I'm not the only one raging at that Ederson challenge, remember Robbo get sent off for less. It was dangerously late, not just mistimed.

Of course, City players got away with so many fouls and bookings so they'll always get away with this.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #952 on: March 11, 2024, 02:36:40 pm »

Yep. Makes you wonder why Endo's was checked for minutes and then ruled a foul. This one was arguably worse.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 02:40:57 pm by telekon »
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #953 on: March 11, 2024, 02:50:31 pm »

Still held Diaz back with both arms on that run he went on.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: March 11, 2024, 02:55:37 pm »

I fully expected him to slot that one.  It was a relatively easy-ish chance, given some of his previous finishes. 

Offline TheMan

• Main Stander
« Reply #955 on: March 11, 2024, 03:03:02 pm »
kelleher 7: steady, not too much to do but did well when called upon
bradley 7: the guy will not be bullied, he has a bit of attitude, can defend and attack
quansah 7: just one mistake, other than that looked good and composed
VVD 9: best defender in the world
Gomez 7: got better as the game went on
Endo 8: Industry and intelligence, helped us win the midfield battle against a much vaunted trio
McAllister 9: no weakness, bargain of the century
Szobozlai 7: returning to form
Elliot 8: never stops, leads the press, relentless, excellent on the ball
Nunez 7: Another Duracell bunny, always on the go, didn't get the chances today but gave it everything
Diaz 8: Went at Walker all day long, wants the ball, never hides, runs and presents himself all day long, missed one great chance

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: March 11, 2024, 03:34:45 pm »
Still held Diaz back with both arms on that run he went on.

Yup, madness that he wasn't given a second yellow for it.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #957 on: March 11, 2024, 03:35:56 pm »
Repeat this performance 10 times and we're winning the league.

Offline GarciaAndNunezNunezNunez

• Kemlynite
« Reply #958 on: March 11, 2024, 03:38:06 pm »
Haaland isn't  a player I don't think I'll ever be fearful of when watching against us, compared to some other Premier League top goalscorers. That should be strange considering his record, but the type of player he is and his total lack of involvement never really gives you that ominous feeling. If you can overpower that City midfield in the second half as I had hoped we would, you can seriously render him useless. He has scored against us before which was due to a mistake, but he's never going to be that Henry/Drogba/Aguero brand of player who can really do the unimaginable from nothing imo.

The Doku decision get's worse the more you watch it, which is precisely what VAR should have been doing. I don't doubt that because of the type of player Doku is, that may have contributed to the decision that it was a coming together - he's an attacking flair player, not aggressive and most likely was trying to 'control the ball.' City players do get away with a lot of sh** but I think if that is another player like Walker and earlier in the game, it could have looked more rash, clumsy and reckless. If it's earlier on in the game and a different player, it's probably given. If it's down the other end and Andy Robertson does it, probably also given. I think there's too many variables that these clowns go by - rather than objectively just giving a decision based on the law - no studs chest height and making contact with an opponent.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 03:48:21 pm by GarciaAndNunezNunezNunez »

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: March 11, 2024, 03:39:34 pm »
The thing is though, it wouldn't have been a soft penalty to give. I could understand this line of thinking if it was a genuinely subjective or soft call but it's not.

If Oliver gives it on the pitch, or Atwell sends him to the monitor and it gets awarded that way, there's not a pundit in the country that would disagree with it. The fact that it wasn't given just allows the pundits to try and discredit it as a pen. Just see (Ex Manchester City player) Shay Given on MOTD last night who apparently didn't even think it was a foul and Oliver did a brilliant job. No way he has that opinion if the pen is given. He probably goes with "Well Doku's won the ball but caught Mac on the follow through so although I think it's soft, I can see why the ref has given it" or something along those lines.

It's a nailed on penalty and they've created more controversy by not giving it than they would have if they'd awarded it.

Morons.
You say that. If it had been given, any controversy you’ve seen would pale into insignificance compared with what the City PR machine would stir up.
They’re like Everton in that in their eyes, they’re never beaten fairly or deservedly by us. There always has to be a reason.