Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 1 Manchester city Stones 24’ MacAllister 50’  (Read 30615 times)

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 1 Manchester city Stones 24’ MacAllister 50’
« Reply #880 on: March 11, 2024, 07:29:13 am »
The Double Jeopardy Rule:

He isnt playing the ball though, hes fucking volleying the player.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #881 on: March 11, 2024, 07:29:23 am »
The second half was easily the best any team has produced against City all season.  To do this without our first eleven was just phenomenal.   We would have won this with Jota fit or not being cheated of the obvious penalty right at the end.

To be fair, I think the best performance against City this season is Villa.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #882 on: March 11, 2024, 07:31:50 am »
I wonder who would have taken the peno at the end.

Mo and he probably would have missed. But regardless, we should have had that penalty to miss.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #883 on: March 11, 2024, 07:33:36 am »
The funny thing about the Ederson incident was Neville's shock at how rash he was,because hes usually so calm in those situations. Has he ever seen Ederson play? He does shit like that all the time, it's just he usually somehow gets away with it.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #884 on: March 11, 2024, 07:34:35 am »
Yep Gakpo probably did no worse than Haaland today in a lot less time.

I thought Gakpo did very well when he came on. Started picking the ball up between their lines and allowed Mo and Luis to get space. Just because he wasn’t Nunez ffs
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #885 on: March 11, 2024, 07:35:34 am »
The funny thing about the Ederson incident was Neville's shock at how rash he was,because hes usually so calm in those situations. Has he ever seen Ederson play? He does shit like that all the time, it's just he usually somehow gets away with it.

He was even saying that the Doku one was a penalty. Probably changed his mind though.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: March 11, 2024, 07:42:11 am »
Heard Ray Parlour that sage this morning when suggested will we rue that non penalty against us referring to Nottingham Forest and that decision ::)

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #887 on: March 11, 2024, 07:48:55 am »
He was even saying that the Doku one was a penalty. Probably changed his mind though.
and he was questioning whether it was a block on Mac Allister for their goal. God knows what got into him yesterday ;D

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #888 on: March 11, 2024, 07:53:17 am »
I don't really know why we didn't make more of the Doku incident. Yes, it's not nice to see everyone crowding round a ref but when you're up against cheats you need to play a bit dirty as well. We seemed to shrug it off and everyone was hugging each other a few minutes later.

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #889 on: March 11, 2024, 07:54:19 am »

Reckon it would have been Salah.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #890 on: March 11, 2024, 08:19:23 am »
He looked knackered by the time he came off, I am assuming that was why.

He walked off slowly looking shattered, but also, in the first half when he stretched for that ball from Conor, he stayed down a bit and then he was feeling the back of his right thigh, I assume telly missed that, as he was walking back slowly, so maybe a bit of a precaution too?
Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #891 on: March 11, 2024, 08:20:58 am »

Reckon it would have been Salah.

Don't want Mo near another pen while Mac is on the pitch, he's a better taker than Mo.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #892 on: March 11, 2024, 08:23:53 am »
He walked off slowly looking shattered, but also, in the first half when he stretched for that ball from Conor, he stayed down a bit and then he was feeling the back of his right thigh, I assume telly missed that, as he was walking back slowly, so maybe a bit of a precaution too?
Nunez not only had the collision with the post, he also had the collision with Ederson that forced Ederson off injured.

I suspect he'll have a few days off before he starts getting ready for Man Utd

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #893 on: March 11, 2024, 08:24:14 am »
Working from home today so having a mooch around the different sites. Made the mistake of logging onto Blue Moon to see what those cheating bastards had to say, surprisingly the majority are actually saying how lucky they were, a lot of anger aimed at Haaland and Alvarez (!?!)

Then I seen one post and it nearly reduced me to tears  :'(

waspish said:
Yep problem was when Liverpool had the ball we were in between the back line staying deep and the midfield half pressing that lead to big gaps, we would of been better the whole team camping in our half and once we get the ball breaking with it! So glad Klopps fucking off he is a top manager

We know he's going, but it hurts like fook when you see others saying it.  :-\
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #894 on: March 11, 2024, 08:29:26 am »
Pundits talking about “force” with the Doku high boot are getting mixed between a foul or a red card card offence. A boot that high near an opponent is an offence every single time. Even half that height is an offence.

These are the pundits who were all adamant Van Dijk was a red card at Newcastle. Where was the force then?

They always justify any excuse when it's against Liverpool and then when the same incident happens in reverse they do a 180.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #895 on: March 11, 2024, 08:30:37 am »
Joe Gomez

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #896 on: March 11, 2024, 08:32:21 am »
I don't know about anyone else but after 70 minutes yesterday I couldn't wait for the game to be over. When Doku hit the post I think my heart stopped.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: March 11, 2024, 08:38:19 am »
I don't know about anyone else but after 70 minutes yesterday I couldn't wait for the game to be over. When Doku hit the post I think my heart stopped.

No, as I felt we could win it - they really were not threatening us at all, that Doku shot came out of the blue.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #898 on: March 11, 2024, 08:41:51 am »
No, as I felt we could win it - they really were not threatening us at all, that Doku shot came out of the blue.
We never really created a clear chance after the Diaz misses though, and against top sides misses like that tend to bite you in the arse.

Speaking of Diaz, that run where he made Rodri and Walker look like a pair of bums was one of the best things I've ever seen.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #899 on: March 11, 2024, 08:43:42 am »
As bent as fuck as it's been for a while.

Clear as fucking day that it's a red for their keeper and clear as fucking day that's a pen on Mac.

Watched it back in the pub and it was every clearer.

Again fuck the Premier League. Fuck PGMOL. Fuck Webb. Fuck oliver. Fuck Sly sports and fuck football.

We need to leave this fucking shithouse league with fucking paid shills that are paid for by fucking City.

Fucking joke again.

Every. Fucking. Game.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #900 on: March 11, 2024, 08:46:56 am »
We never really created a clear chance after the Diaz misses though, and against top sides misses like that tend to bite you in the arse.

Speaking of Diaz, that run where he made Rodri and Walker look like a pair of bums was one of the best things I've ever seen.

Yeah, but this team always pulls something out very late one, we were all happy when the 8 mins was announced, and look what did happen, we shoudl have been given a penalty if not for those corrupt PGMOL bastards
Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: March 11, 2024, 08:48:49 am »
As bent as fuck as it's been for a while.

Clear as fucking day that it's a red for their keeper and clear as fucking day that's a pen on Mac.

Watched it back in the pub and it was every clearer.

Again fuck the Premier League. Fuck PGMOL. Fuck Webb. Fuck oliver. Fuck Sly sports and fuck football.

We need to leave this fucking shithouse league with fucking paid shills that are paid for by fucking City.

Fucking joke again.

Every. Fucking. Game.

The double jeopardy rules don't apply when you fly into a player like that fucking maniac does, was so glad he got injured the c*nt. It was clear as day (are you in the Kop?) from row 67 that it was a pen, its pure cheating now
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #902 on: March 11, 2024, 08:51:45 am »
15 minutes, 30 minutes, 75 minutes…

It’s how you ramp up player playing time after injury

Mom will probably start midweek and do 60 for example.

I know our injury list is bad, but even your Mom is getting a game for us now?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: March 11, 2024, 08:55:42 am »
Joe Gomez

Yes !  ;D

What a game. What a team we have. Fucking awesome the lot of them

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #904 on: March 11, 2024, 08:56:04 am »

That was how I felt as well. Although I was happy to settle with a point, I felt like if anyone was going to score a winner then it was us. The Doku shot was a heart in mouth moment for sure, and I let out a manic laugh how the ball bounced straight off the post and into Kelleher's hands for safety.

As for the penalty incident, that's just another one of those inexplicable decisions where you feel the ref and VAR team thinking, "shite I don't want to decide this massive game with a last minute penalty". Rules be damned when you're terrified of the narrative. It wouldn't surprise me if they still had half a mind on the ridiculous furor over the Forest-drop-ball-non-incident.

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #905 on: March 11, 2024, 09:02:05 am »
That was how I felt as well. Although I was happy to settle with a point, I felt like if anyone was going to score a winner then it was us. The Doku shot was a heart in mouth moment for sure, and I let out a manic laugh how the ball bounced straight off the post and into Kelleher's hands for safety.

As for the penalty incident, that's just another one of those inexplicable decisions where you feel the ref and VAR team thinking, "shite I don't want to decide this massive game with a last minute penalty". Rules be damned when you're terrified of the narrative. It wouldn't surprise me if they still had half a mind on the ridiculous furor over the Forest-drop-ball-non-incident.
Reminded me of the Gallagher one in the cup final, from inside the ground it looked a certain goal. Thankfully both went our way. Luck of the Irish  ;D

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #906 on: March 11, 2024, 09:27:22 am »
Proud of the lads, and perhaps another lesson to people writing the team off on the basis of the line up.

What is so obvious though is the orchestrated efforts of sections of pundits and media. Last week we had them queuing up to tell us that the drop ball decision led to our winner. This week the line for the hard of thinking is that it wasn’t a pen. Anyone in the media who just repeats what they’re told deserves our complete contempt.

However much I enjoyed the piss boiling our late winner caused, my problem with media noise and agendas is how they can affect future decisions. In a game that’s properly run and governed, this shouldn’t be an issue. But this is the premier league, PGMOL, sky era and these things matter. I genuinely think, there’s an argument that Atwell, having seen the manufactured shitstorm last week, over what was really a non incident, didn’t want to be part of a huge, game or even season defining decision. Less fall out over a non decision. Easier to have something against Liverpool than for them. No need to worry, if it’s against them, it’ll blow over in a day or so, but if it’s for them……..welll I saw what happened to my mate Paul last week.

The whole fucking thing stinks, and some of the pricks that drive the agendas, need calling out and their weekly flip flops on the LOTG need highlighting. As someone else said, it’s funny how they go from experts in the minutiae of te drop ball rules one week, to complete ignorance of what constitutes a foul the next.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: March 11, 2024, 09:28:21 am »
Just watched the two manager's press conferences. Pep giving Endo props not for his warrior-like ability but for his quality on the ball allowing us to play through the middle more than previous years (along with Mac, obviously). Telling really. What a signing he has been.

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: March 11, 2024, 09:33:27 am »

Ake has been getting pelters for the short backpass, but I think Ederson is just as much to blame for giving the penalty away. Why does his commit to the challenge? A competent keeper there doesn't stick his leg in, he simply forces Nunez out wide.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #909 on: March 11, 2024, 09:42:47 am »
Malice? No. High degree of danger? Absolutely yes. Penalty all day/month/year/century/Millennium...

Why these things happen is still a mystery - It's incompetence, mixed with ineptitude washed down with a liberal dosage of utter cowardice in not making the right decision. Perhaps there is a little conspiracy there? Who knows for sure, but problem is, that much the same as with the Spurs farce, it's gone and nothing will change the result. There is no appetite to do what is needed by the majority of the clubs who would never think of stopping the gravy train they're on. Fuck the lot of them.

However what will is taking that anger. Taking the hurt. Taking the injustice of it and shoving it up every single team we face from now on in. Win every match from now to the end of the season and deliver the most rancid shit sandwich to every twat who doubts us and wants us to fail and have a front row seat to watch them eat it.

Yesterday you saw the only team that that lot of cheats genuinely fear be reduced to having an absolute horror-show of a decision and let's face it, some terrible finishing by us to save their arses. They could do nothing to stop us and they know they got away with it big time yesterday.

Statement win against Sparta, then rip Utd a second one followed by turning Brighton over and let Arsenal and City kick shite out of each other (draw please).

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #910 on: March 11, 2024, 09:46:17 am »
With the non-penalty at the end I think we got caught in that indecision void created by the introduction of VAR.  Oliver doesn't give it as he thinks VAR is his insurance policy and the VAR doesn't give it as he deems it's not "clear and obvious".  In isolation I think both sets of officials would agree it's a penalty but the end outcome is that it's not a penalty  :butt

An excellent performance by us only let down by some poor finishing or decisions on the final ball.  If we can maintain that level for the remaining games then we win the league and probably another pot or two as well.

Online MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #911 on: March 11, 2024, 09:51:04 am »
Proud of the lads, and perhaps another lesson to people writing the team off on the basis of the line up.

What is so obvious though is the orchestrated efforts of sections of pundits and media. Last week we had them queuing up to tell us that the drop ball decision led to our winner. This week the line for the hard of thinking is that it wasn’t a pen. Anyone in the media who just repeats what they’re told deserves our complete contempt.

However much I enjoyed the piss boiling our late winner caused, my problem with media noise and agendas is how they can affect future decisions. In a game that’s properly run and governed, this shouldn’t be an issue. But this is the premier league, PGMOL, sky era and these things matter. I genuinely think, there’s an argument that Atwell, having seen the manufactured shitstorm last week, over what was really a non incident, didn’t want to be part of a huge, game or even season defining decision. Less fall out over a non decision. Easier to have something against Liverpool than for them. No need to worry, if it’s against them, it’ll blow over in a day or so, but if it’s for them……..welll I saw what happened to my mate Paul last week.

The whole fucking thing stinks, and some of the pricks that drive the agendas, need calling out and their weekly flip flops on the LOTG need highlighting. As someone else said, it’s funny how they go from experts in the minutiae of te drop ball rules one week, to complete ignorance of what constitutes a foul the next.

The thing is though, it wouldn't have been a soft penalty to give. I could understand this line of thinking if it was a genuinely subjective or soft call but it's not.

If Oliver gives it on the pitch, or Atwell sends him to the monitor and it gets awarded that way, there's not a pundit in the country that would disagree with it. The fact that it wasn't given just allows the pundits to try and discredit it as a pen. Just see (Ex Manchester City player) Shay Given on MOTD last night who apparently didn't even think it was a foul and Oliver did a brilliant job. No way he has that opinion if the pen is given. He probably goes with "Well Doku's won the ball but caught Mac on the follow through so although I think it's soft, I can see why the ref has given it" or something along those lines.

It's a nailed on penalty and they've created more controversy by not giving it than they would have if they'd awarded it.

Morons.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #912 on: March 11, 2024, 09:52:40 am »
VAR needs to be just scrapped. If it's not giving clear and obvious penos like yesterday it's of no use to the game.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #913 on: March 11, 2024, 09:58:57 am »
Kelleher is wonderful and we all love him, but let's not be silly. Ali is the best keeper in the world and his distribution is excellent.
His distribution might be good, but his passing, touch with feet are not as good as Kelleher. I always envied City where Ederson gives them an additional footballer at the back, that is what Kelleher gave us yesterday.
Alisson is a keeper, a great one. Kelleher is a very good keeper and a fine footballer.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #914 on: March 11, 2024, 10:01:28 am »
His distribution might be good, but his passing, touch with feet are not as good as Kelleher. I always envied City where Ederson gives them an additional footballer at the back, that is what Kelleher gave us yesterday.
Alisson is a keeper, a great one. Kelleher is a very good keeper and a fine footballer.

Said to my mates before the game I was happier with kelleher being in goal as he's better with his feet and doesn't get caught like Ali does. We were taunting Haaland and Foden with the ball as the lads knocked it about, so calm.
Jurgen YNWA

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #915 on: March 11, 2024, 10:05:27 am »
Kelleher just puts me at ease in that area. Alisson is less press resistant and makes me nervous at times.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #916 on: March 11, 2024, 10:18:51 am »

Kelleher spent most of his youth a striker, even playing county level football in that position. He was only put in goal halfway through under-14 level, if I recall correctly. Probably helps his goalkeeping as well as his ball playing.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #917 on: March 11, 2024, 10:19:07 am »

For me the VAR team made the decision on the Doku kung fu kick far too quickly. I have doubts he would have had time to watch the slow motion. Just watched it full speed and said check complete.  I don’t think he wanted any part of a 99th minute controversy. As I feared the Forest drop ball manufactured storyline affected his judgment.

Compare that to Curtis at Spurs where they took 5 mins reviewing it then showed a freeze frame to the on field referee for 10 seconds. Curtis touched the ball first too but it was deemed a red as it was dangerous. But yesterday we’re told that if the ball is touched you can follow through no problem. They will change their interpretation again next week.

I’m waiting for the game when City gets royally screwed. Won’t ever happen.

If we lose by a point or two this year it will be even more disgraceful than 2 years ago with the Rodri handball, the Kane non red and Jota non pen. Unlike then though we’re ahead of City and I fancy us to win out from here.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #918 on: March 11, 2024, 10:27:22 am »
They lost their bottle. No win in front of an Anfield crowd in 21 years.

Anfield is like a cheat code for us because any time we equalise or pull a goal back, our opponents suddenly become headless chickens no matter how good they are.
Without wanting to be too Everton about this, it was a victory of sorts. To have only had the half of our best team available, and the bookies odds having them the likely winners. We prevented them winning with our depleted forces. Denying them two of the points could be massive in the coming weeks.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #919 on: March 11, 2024, 10:42:54 am »
One thing that really helped us in the second half was that yellow for Rodri.  He was completely ineffective in the second half, barely did anything and couldn't risk putting it about like he usually does.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.