Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 1 Manchester city Stones 24’ MacAllister 50’  (Read 30641 times)

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 1 Manchester city Stones 24’ MacAllister 50’
« Reply #840 on: March 10, 2024, 11:19:47 pm »
Was Haaland playing today? Quansah and Virgil had him wrapped up.
Foden had a couple of moments but was kept fairly quiet. He’s been City’s best attacking player recently but hardly got into the game.
Rodri is City’s best player and was schooled by Mac and Wataru.
De Bruyne went off in a sulk as he was outplayed by Mac.

With some better finishing and with a correct decision in the last minute we would and deserved to win.

We’ll have to be at our best in the run-in and might need to rack up more goals.
#JFT97

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #841 on: March 10, 2024, 11:21:39 pm »
Was Haaland playing today? Quansah and Virgil had him wrapped up.
Foden had a couple of moments but was kept fairly quiet. He’s been City’s best attacking player recently but hardly got into the game.
Rodri is City’s best player and was schooled by Mac and Wataru.
De Bruyne went off in a sulk as he was outplayed by Mac.

With some better finishing and with a correct decision in the last minute we would and deserved to win.

We’ll have to be at our best in the run-in and might need to rack up more goals.
Before the game, someone said that they'll struggle without Haaland and Foden. I agree because both didn't play today :D

Offline Topwings!

• Main Stander
« Reply #842 on: March 10, 2024, 11:22:54 pm »
The second half was easily the best any team has produced against City all season.  To do this without our first eleven was just phenomenal.   We would have won this with Jota fit or not being cheated of the obvious penalty right at the end.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: March 10, 2024, 11:31:39 pm »
The second half was easily the best any team has produced against City all season.  To do this without our first eleven was just phenomenal.   We would have won this with Jota fit or not being cheated of the obvious penalty right at the end.
had Jota being fit, he would have put away those chances blindfolded. 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #844 on: March 10, 2024, 11:33:08 pm »
Massive performances from each and every one of ours. They made us proud today. We had no right to dominate them the way we did in moments given the circumstances. Even with a point I think we are the favourites for the title just slightly because the other two have to play each other in the league and hopefully in CL too.
VAR bottled it as usual...

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #845 on: March 10, 2024, 11:38:44 pm »
Huge disappointment, was a fantastic 2nd half performance and we deserved to win, ad should've done but we let them of the hook.

Of course, UAE did the groundwork on the refs and it paid off today. Ederson should've been off for that dangerously late challenge, Silva should've had 2 bookings and the pen at the end was just pure corruption from VAR.

Some brilliant performances from the players, but we just didn't take our chances. Might have to be 10 wins but at least we're alive and fighting. Just need some players back now.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: March 10, 2024, 11:39:24 pm »
Got to love the boss:

"Anywhere else on the pitch that is a 100% foul, and it’s a yellow card. He hits the ball, and only because his foot is up here, he kicks him. You can say yeah he hit the ball but if the ball is not there he kills him.

"You will find people, like Mike Dean, is he working for Sky? Congratulations that is a great appointment by the way but he and others will find something and all the others as well.

"It’s a penalty for all football people on the planet, if you don’t think so, maybe you’re not a football person."
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: March 10, 2024, 11:40:58 pm »
Of course, UAE did the groundwork on the refs and it paid off today. Ederson should've been off for that dangerously late challenge, Silva should've had 2 bookings and the pen at the end was just pure corruption from VAR.

The Double Jeopardy Rule:

"Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off."
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: March 10, 2024, 11:55:59 pm »
Oliver needs to ask himself if that studs-up challenge had happened anywhere else on the pitch would he continue with the play and not award a foul? If he says he would he's a liar.

I'm sure he is too busy counting the money from his gig in the desert to bother.
PGMOL are bent as fuck.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #849 on: March 11, 2024, 12:21:19 am »
As things stand, it's not in our hands because Arsenal win the league if they win every game. Depending on the slip up means it's not in our hands. For now, that is.

Bollocks. Not in our hands? You’re omitting to mention that Arsenal are on level points with us.

Ergo, it’s still in our hands. Even if, for conjecture’s sake, we win all our games and Arsenal win all theirs - its 30 points each added to our current totals. So to assume that their goal difference - in those 10 games, would continue to outscore ours is pure conjecture.

And if anyone from this point is likely to win ALL their remaining games - my feeling is it’s us.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #850 on: March 11, 2024, 12:26:34 am »

A lot of people were worried about our line up before KO.  What a performance.  4 of our regular back 5 not starting - and they weren’t even missed.  We outplayed city for a majority of the match.  Diaz could have had a hat-trick.  We deserved to win, but we take the point and go on - i think we win it from here.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: March 11, 2024, 12:43:54 am »
Bollocks. Not in our hands? You’re omitting to mention that Arsenal are on level points with us.

Ergo, it’s still in our hands. Even if, for conjecture’s sake, we win all our games and Arsenal win all theirs - its 30 points each added to our current totals. So to assume that their goal difference - in those 10 games, would continue to outscore ours is pure conjecture.

And if anyone from this point is likely to win ALL their remaining games - my feeling is it’s us.
I clarified why I said so in detail. Arsenal have an advantage and if they focus on maximising their GD,  it'd be hard to make up the difference because we're juggling 3 competitions.

I also said that I don't expect us to finish with the same points tally and that it could be completely in our hands by the next game week.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 01:01:17 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #852 on: March 11, 2024, 12:59:27 am »
I'm really sad that's the last time we'll see a Klopp team against a Guardiola team at Anfield.

Some of the most complete football games ever played. Absolute elite football matches.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: March 11, 2024, 01:06:18 am »
Don't give a shit about the Bald twat, honestly pay zero attention to other sides.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: March 11, 2024, 01:13:44 am »
Why did Klopp remove Nunez?  Gapko offered nothing.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #855 on: March 11, 2024, 01:19:39 am »
That was a good game. Too bad should have easily won it great second half. Elliot ran for miles up and down very impressive shift. Diaz couldn't be taken off the ball he just played with them Virgil was crazy good. Excellent stuff. Everybody played well. 

Proud of these guys and its a truly great race atm. goal difference and a point from 3, that's mad. i would say chances are pretty good city and arsenal draw next week, so lets just see what happens.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #856 on: March 11, 2024, 01:21:33 am »
That was a good game. Too bad should have easily won it great second half. Elliot ran for miles up and down very impressive shift. Diaz couldn't be taken off the ball he just played with them Virgil was crazy good. Excellent stuff. Everybody played well. 

Proud of these guys and its a truly great race atm. goal difference and a point from 3, that's mad. i would say chances are pretty good city and arsenal draw next week, so lets just see what happens.

The chances of Man C and Arsenal drawing next week are zero.

Ditto the week after that.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #857 on: March 11, 2024, 01:21:43 am »
Doku's shot off the post in the 88th minute could have been an easy tap-in for Haaland or Foden but it somehow rebounded perfectly to Kelleher. We just weren't destined to concede there. A tap in was more likely there.

That's why I can't be downbeat about the result.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #858 on: March 11, 2024, 01:21:52 am »
What a Shane a performance like that ended up with me just fucking raging and realising there's nothing we can do against this corruption

He knew it was a penalty. The VAR room knew it was a penalty

They didn't give it as it would've meant we would've won and had the upper hand in the title race.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: March 11, 2024, 01:26:32 am »
The Double Jeopardy Rule:

You think he's playing the ball? He's 5 yards behind play

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: March 11, 2024, 01:47:40 am »
After a performance like that it's a bit gutting to come away with a draw, particularly after the Doku incident. That said, we've done incredibly well to make it through the injury problems we've had and come out of it still top of the league and with a trophy already.

Nunez, Salah, Dom and Robertson, setbacks permitting, are all back and should be rested and ready for the run in. Trent, Curtis, Gravenberch and Konate should all be back immediately after internationals and hopefully Jota and Alisson a couple of weeks later.

We should be able to go full throttle from now until the end of the season.

Offline Pat The Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #861 on: March 11, 2024, 01:53:58 am »
Near 2 in the morning,  still furious over the denied Pen. Anywhere else on the pitch,  it's a free kick.  Oliver bottled ut as per fucking usual.
Convinced we win our games, we win the league.Arse v City a draw.
Everyone played their fucking heart out today. Anfield sounded magnificent......
WE GO AGAIN!
#YNWA

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #862 on: March 11, 2024, 02:41:50 am »
So proud of the players for that display anyway. I think if I was a City fan I’d have been happy to see our line up. Alisson, Trent, Konate, Robertson, Jones, Salah, Jota all missing who would all probably have played. Bradley and Quansah in defence. Szobo just back from a long injury. But each and every one of them were superb.

Offline Air Jota

• Main Stander
« Reply #863 on: March 11, 2024, 02:53:17 am »
2 blatant penalties not given in the two biggest games (Arsenal and Abu Dhabi today), is frustrating

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #864 on: March 11, 2024, 03:30:59 am »
Nothing shocks me anymore with these c*nts (refs). Bet they were scared of giving a pen this late in the game, especially against Abu Dhabi. Bunch of spineless twats.
I was bricking it before the game, wasn't sure what to expect because of all the injures+fatigue but the players never cease to surprise me. Excellent performance overall, not many can say this after a game against the cheats.

That said, I do wish we'd be more clinical. If we finished some of the chances we had throughout the game, the pen at the end wouldn't have mattered. Having Jota available would have made a massive difference  :'(

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #865 on: March 11, 2024, 04:07:40 am »
Kelleher gives us an extra footballer on the pitch. Many times in the past when City pressured and the ball went back to Alisson they would regain possession. With Kelleher we just have an extra footballer in there who can absorb that pressure and keep possession. Against other teams it is not that big an issue, but against pressing teams I would want a keeper like Kelleher.
He is seriously making me think of the goalkeeper position long term.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #866 on: March 11, 2024, 05:45:06 am »
It's still in our own hands. When it's not in your own hands it means regardless of what you do you can't affect the outcome. In our case we can regardless of how difficult. Yes, Arsenal can say the same.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: March 11, 2024, 06:00:36 am »
Man City winning yesterday would have put us in the same position - same games to play and hoping they drop bits before an inevitable running win. It's a boost and whilst a win I think would have made us overwhelming favourites I still think we have far more fire power to take into the business end of the season.

We've got through this phase at times on fumes and the kids winning it.

A draw between City and Arse would be ace before they draw each other in the CL quarter finals please.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #868 on: March 11, 2024, 06:15:47 am »

He looked knackered by the time he came off, I am assuming that was why.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: March 11, 2024, 06:20:07 am »
kids did alright didnt they

quansah, bradley, kelleher, elliot

though elliot had a quiet but effective game

it isnt over yet as i expect more twist and turns courtesy of VAR and PMGOL who does like a drama.

next week will see someone in top 3 dropping points and we hopefully will be there to take advantage.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: March 11, 2024, 06:21:24 am »
Kelleher gives us an extra footballer on the pitch. Many times in the past when City pressured and the ball went back to Alisson they would regain possession. With Kelleher we just have an extra footballer in there who can absorb that pressure and keep possession. Against other teams it is not that big an issue, but against pressing teams I would want a keeper like Kelleher.
He is seriously making me think of the goalkeeper position long term.

Kelleher is wonderful and we all love him, but let's not be silly. Ali is the best keeper in the world and his distribution is excellent.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline AnnieRoad93

• Main Stander
« Reply #871 on: March 11, 2024, 06:40:28 am »
Just a brilliant game of football by two fantastic teams. I was thinking after 20 mins this might be the first time I see us lose at Anfield in the league since 2015 v palace (I was on holiday for the Leeds game) I thought first 30 mins they were going to run away with it as we didn’t really seem to get going but after that we were magnificent, I’m not allowing myself to get annoyed with the pen shout in the last minute because I do think it should have been given of course but then I remember the soft goal they had disallowed at their place, it shouldn’t work like that but over the course of the two games this has evened itself out on the shit ref decisions.

Over the past few years us and them have ran at such a pace winning games and getting ridiculous point totals that you forget it’s actually fine to draw a game sometimes, this was one of them. If we can get Jota jones and Trent back over the next couple of weeks I think we win every game
Underneath the floodlights down in Düsseldorf...

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: March 11, 2024, 06:40:48 am »
Man City winning yesterday would have put us in the same position - same games to play and hoping they drop bits before an inevitable running win. It's a boost and whilst a win I think would have made us overwhelming favourites I still think we have far more fire power to take into the business end of the season.

We've got through this phase at times on fumes and the kids winning it.

A draw between City and Arse would be ace before they draw each other in the CL quarter finals please.
I said it was a "must win" emotionally. As long as we take confidence from that (which we're doing), then it's fine.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: March 11, 2024, 06:44:14 am »
What a game that was. Happy(ish) with the result yesterday, annoyed now about that penalty call. Or lack of it.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #874 on: March 11, 2024, 07:07:50 am »
What a game that was. Happy(ish) with the result yesterday, annoyed now about that penalty call. Or lack of it.

I liked the game more than the one in October 2022 when we won 1-0 but had not a lot of possession and were really outplayed.

Yesterday we were absolutely incredible and overall the better team.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #875 on: March 11, 2024, 07:14:47 am »
I wonder who would have taken the peno at the end.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #876 on: March 11, 2024, 07:16:10 am »
15 minutes, 30 minutes, 75 minutes…

It’s how you ramp up player playing time after injury

Mom will probably start midweek and do 60 for example.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: March 11, 2024, 07:18:15 am »
Thought Mac and Endo were unbelievably good, pretty much dominated midfield

Just missed Jota to finish off the game

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: March 11, 2024, 07:23:39 am »
Can’t stop thinking about those Diaz chances

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: March 11, 2024, 07:28:39 am »
He looked knackered by the time he came off, I am assuming that was why.

Yep he had stopped pressing.