Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 3083804 times)

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #66640 on: May 9, 2021, 05:14:55 am »
Remember Daniel Dubois getting pelters on here and on all social media for quitting with an eye that looked much worse than that

Easy behind a keyboard isnít it

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #66642 on: May 9, 2021, 05:26:30 am »
Saunders very much in that fight at the time of the stoppage. I had him 4-3 up, donít know how 2 judges had Canelo 4 rounds clear. Hope Billy is ok.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #66643 on: May 9, 2021, 05:28:22 am »
I had Canelo 79-74 up but scored the first round even so could easily see 78-74
« Last Edit: May 9, 2021, 05:50:42 am by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66644 on: May 9, 2021, 05:28:53 am »
I had it 78-74 too

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.

Offline L4Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #66646 on: May 9, 2021, 08:09:39 am »
Thought Billy Joe did really well, and fuck fighting Canelo if you can't see where that left hand is coming from. Wouldn't mind seeing a rematch but it won't happen.

I know he's a bellend but he did more than Callum against Canelo that's for sure, not really intimidated by him whereas Callum shrank.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66647 on: May 9, 2021, 08:22:48 am »
I had Canelo up by a couple, if you gave BJS all the close rounds the you could have had him one up.

I don't like to accuse fighters of quitting, but after what he said about Dubois... he quit.

Offline L4Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #66648 on: May 9, 2021, 08:40:24 am »
I did enjoy the mad DAZN comms telling us all about attendance records then having a little 80,000 at Wembley dig at Froch  ;D

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66649 on: May 9, 2021, 09:56:36 am »
Thought it was closer than 4 rounds for sure, that little stretch of 3 rounds Canelo wasn't doing enough and Saunders was boxing well. Shame it ended like that.

Offline I've been a good boy.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66650 on: May 9, 2021, 10:09:26 am »
So after talking shit about Dubois quitting, he quits himself. Dickhead hypocrite. Glad Canelo put a hurt on him.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66651 on: May 9, 2021, 10:36:46 am »
Thought Billy Joe did really well, and fuck fighting Canelo if you can't see where that left hand is coming from. Wouldn't mind seeing a rematch but it won't happen.

I know he's a bellend but he did more than Callum against Canelo that's for sure, not really intimidated by him whereas Callum shrank.

Callum fought with a ruptured bicep for half the fight, at least he didn't quit

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66652 on: May 9, 2021, 10:50:05 am »
Karma has struck that is why if you are an active boxer you keep your mouth shut.

Dubios didnt quit like keyboard warriors say its a thing casuals trot out.

Dubios was right to save himself and so is BJS/Tibbs.

I thought Canelo would win on points as BJS is abit lazy and he not fight at a tempo where he could win the 9-10 rounds he would need to get a decision.

Its about levels as well BJS hasnt really beaten anyone in top 5 in the world he has now and this is the result.

I suppose we will get Eubank Jnr bigging himself up next.

Offline KloppoKopo

• Boys Pen
« Reply #66653 on: May 9, 2021, 11:12:53 am »
Callum fought with a ruptured bicep for half the fight, at least he didn't quit

I know based on his previous comments he deserves any digs he gets about quitting, but thereís a difference with being hurt or having an injury and damage to your eye that affects your vision. If he continued he would have had no chance of winning, and risked permanent damage to his eye etc.

I thought he did really well, it would have been interesting to see it go another 3 - 4 rounds had he not suffered the damage to his eye. Canelo was getting really frustrated

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66654 on: May 9, 2021, 11:59:21 am »
Ha Ha Ha BJS full of shit and he quit!!

Now he needs to get back down to his level and fight Eubank Jr.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66655 on: May 9, 2021, 12:06:43 pm »
I know based on his previous comments he deserves any digs he gets about quitting, but thereís a difference with being hurt or having an injury and damage to your eye that affects your vision. If he continued he would have had no chance of winning, and risked permanent damage to his eye etc.

I thought he did really well, it would have been interesting to see it go another 3 - 4 rounds had he not suffered the damage to his eye. Canelo was getting really frustrated

I just want him to live by the same standards he holds of others. How quiet the boxing community has been because the white fighter quit when his eye was a mess compared to how loud they were when the black fight quit because his eye was a mess has been stark. I've got no problem with him not continuing, just like I didn't with Dubois and defended him at the time, but he's a fucking hypocrite for doing what he did last night.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66656 on: May 9, 2021, 12:23:49 pm »
I just want him to live by the same standards he holds of others. How quiet the boxing community has been because the white fighter quit when his eye was a mess compared to how loud they were when the black fight quit because his eye was a mess has been stark. I've got no problem with him not continuing, just like I didn't with Dubois and defended him at the time, but he's a fucking hypocrite for doing what he did last night.

Spot on this!

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66657 on: May 9, 2021, 12:41:51 pm »

👏 agree with every single word.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #66658 on: May 9, 2021, 12:45:31 pm »

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66659 on: May 9, 2021, 01:13:46 pm »
All boxers are hypocrites, its part of the deal to increase attention and sell tickets. When they say theyll never quit and will fight till the death, they probably dont actually mean it. Just part of the act.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66660 on: May 9, 2021, 01:24:56 pm »

I think its more tribal than that. Matchroom v Queensbury.

Tony Bellew who defo watched the fight has not said a word. Nor has Whyte, nor has Liam Smith. All stuck the boot in re Dubois

Hearn was very dismissive of Dubois but suddenly obtained a medical degree overnight to say that Saunders broke his orbital.

« Last Edit: May 9, 2021, 01:31:09 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66661 on: May 9, 2021, 01:30:39 pm »

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66662 on: May 9, 2021, 02:13:51 pm »
Canelo didn't even let me finish my Chicken Tikka  Madras before he stopped the fucker.  :D

Offline L4Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #66663 on: May 9, 2021, 05:17:53 pm »
Canelo didn't even let me finish my Chicken Tikka  Madras before he stopped the fucker.  :D

Your poor guts.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #66664 on: May 9, 2021, 05:37:10 pm »
All boxers are hypocrites, its part of the deal to increase attention and sell tickets. When they say theyll never quit and will fight till the death, they probably dont actually mean it. Just part of the act.
You would have to be an imbecile to mean it in fairness. There are some boxers who are utterly mental and will keep going until they are stretchered out. Lots of boxers do need saving from themselves but few will actually 'fight to the death' and nor should they!

Anyway, saying Dubois 'quit' is nonsense and saying Saunders 'quit' is equally nonsense. I personally don't expect boxers to fight on to the point where they fuck up their career and/or lives. They risk enough by stepping into the ring.

Canelo is a druggy twat but no one up to and probably including 175 is beating him. Bivol didn't look great the other week for example.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66665 on: May 9, 2021, 05:49:24 pm »
BJS wanted out as soon as that uppercut landed. He throws 1 jab which doesn't land in the remaining 100 seconds left in the round and spent the rest of the round fighting scared. I wouldn't be surprised if he considered corner pull out more warrior than taking a knee, unlucky for him that nobody is making that distinction. It was the right decision to pull out because Canelo would have done unspeakable things to him if that continued. When have you ever seen Canelo try to rile up the crowd like that? BJS pre fight antics annoyed him and he would have hurt him badly if it continued.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66666 on: May 9, 2021, 05:50:48 pm »

Canelo is a druggy twat but no one up to and probably including 175 is beating him. Bivol didn't look great the other week for example.

Why does Canelo get constantly billed as this when the likes of Whyte, Fury (both), Saunders don't? They have all failed tests

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66667 on: May 9, 2021, 06:13:43 pm »
To be fair mate, we do call out Fury on here. I certainly do.  :D

In my mind you're clean unless proven otherwise.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66668 on: May 9, 2021, 06:14:31 pm »
Your poor guts.
:D

At least the Naan Bread was eaten mate.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66669 on: May 9, 2021, 06:19:04 pm »
:D

At least the Naan Bread was eaten mate.

Naan literally means bread.  You just said you've eaten your bread bread

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66670 on: May 9, 2021, 06:22:13 pm »
 ;D

Well I did eat two Naan's to be fair.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66671 on: May 9, 2021, 06:55:16 pm »
BJS wanted out as soon as that uppercut landed. He throws 1 jab which doesn't land in the remaining 100 seconds left in the round and spent the rest of the round fighting scared. I wouldn't be surprised if he considered corner pull out more warrior than taking a knee, unlucky for him that nobody is making that distinction. It was the right decision to pull out because Canelo would have done unspeakable things to him if that continued. When have you ever seen Canelo try to rile up the crowd like that? BJS pre fight antics annoyed him and he would have hurt him badly if it continued.

I wish he had,BJS is a scummy arsehole of a man.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66672 on: May 9, 2021, 07:29:53 pm »

I wish he had,BJS is a scummy arsehole of a man.

This finish is better I reckon. You can live down a ko. This, not so much

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66673 on: May 9, 2021, 07:31:55 pm »
This finish is better I reckon. You can live down a ko. This, not so much

I meant hurt him badly,life changing shit.Not something I'd normally wish for but he's an exceptional c*nt.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #66674 on: May 9, 2021, 07:35:03 pm »
;D

Well I did eat two Naan's to be fair.

Two Naans Samie? Thatís insane!

Offline L4Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #66675 on: May 9, 2021, 07:54:20 pm »
Two Naans Samie? Thatís insane!

Wazza would be proud

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66676 on: May 9, 2021, 08:22:52 pm »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1391434861760614400

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66677 on: May 9, 2021, 08:36:23 pm »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1391434861760614400

Lets not act like Eubank Jnr would have got to round 8 in with Canelo in the first place ;D

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66678 on: May 9, 2021, 08:40:11 pm »
Lets not act like Eubank Jnr would have got to round 8 in with Canelo in the first place ;D

No, but I do like them two hating on each other.

Please understand the BJS only got to round 8 because Canelo wanted him too. Canelo's team said Canelo wants to finish him in round 6,7 or 8. Canelo wanted to seriously damage BJS. He wasn't finishing the fight no matter what.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #66679 on: May 9, 2021, 09:09:21 pm »
No, but I do like them two hating on each other.

Please understand the BJS only got to round 8 because Canelo wanted him too. Canelo's team said Canelo wants to finish him in round 6,7 or 8. Canelo wanted to seriously damage BJS. He wasn't finishing the fight no matter what.

Haha. Canelo was trying to knock him out from round 1. Saunders did better than I expected, was actually outboxing Canelo at times.