Poll

tubby v Drinks Sangria

Tubby
Drinks Sangria

Author Topic: The 1-10 Football Draft - Game 1  (Read 590 times)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
The 1-10 Football Draft - Game 1
« on: April 25, 2021, 12:52:29 pm »
Game 1 tubby v Drinks Sangria

tubby

Drinks Sangria

Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Re: The 1-10 Football Draft - Game 1
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 12:54:58 pm »
Jesus this is a very tough call.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 04:08:33 pm »
Tubby for me, very thin margins

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 04:10:04 pm »
Nothing thin about Fatso.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 08:07:10 pm »
I sense sangria is probably getting punished for his Del Piero on the wing here? I don't take the formations too literally meself and i can see how Sangrias forward line could play out. Del P is more than capable out there but Roberto carlos when he pushes up can give del p room to drift in and between Litmanen and Torres. Could cause a lot of havoc. Still i voted for the tubbsmeister. the defence tipped it for me

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 08:16:48 pm »
Great to see some really good teams drafted using Sarge's rules. Well played me arl mate. Regarding this game, it's a tight one but I just love tubs' front four. Balance, flexibility, great hair and a bevvi of blonde and brunette beauties at every home game, It would be a pleasure to attend
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 08:33:55 pm »
I sense sangria is probably getting punished for his Del Piero on the wing here? I don't take the formations too literally meself and i can see how Sangrias forward line could play out. Del P is more than capable out there but Roberto carlos when he pushes up can give del p room to drift in and between Litmanen and Torres. Could cause a lot of havoc. Still i voted for the tubbsmeister. the defence tipped it for me

I don't think that's why he's getting punished, Del Piero could play there. I have no issue with it at all, prior to Del Piero's knee injuries, he was fully capable playing well out wide.

Ultimately I like Tubby's back four more over Sangria's. [and keeper as well]. I think Sangria has the better midfield balance , but I like Tubby's front three more. George Best being the difference maker, and Romario.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 09:19:26 pm »
I can’t really argue, I like both teams and Tubby has got a great frontline and defence. It’s a good draft in that most teams can be put against each other and a plausible argument made for why one is better.

On Del Piero, he played mainly left wing until his knee issues robbed him of that explosiveness, much like DeFacto said. One note I’d make is that I can’t remember an attacking player who had to rebuild their style so much due to an injury and come back looking like a totally different footballer, but just as good.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 09:25:33 pm »
I can’t really argue, I like both teams and Tubby has got a great frontline and defence. It’s a good draft in that most teams can be put against each other and a plausible argument made for why one is better.

On Del Piero, he played mainly left wing until his knee issues robbed him of that explosiveness, much like DeFacto said. One note I’d make is that I can’t remember an attacking player who had to rebuild their style so much due to an injury and come back looking like a totally different footballer, but just as good.

Yeah very good point, he did a great job adjusting his game after that. Am I mad to think that he's massively underrated in the game?

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2021, 09:27:08 pm »
As i said in the other tread there are some cracking games coming up in this Draft.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2021, 10:02:11 pm »
Tough call but went with tubby, who has a really strong attack, which is ultimately what swung it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2021, 01:10:32 am »
This was a 51-49 match for me.  Could have gone either way - I really like both teams - not many weaknesses if any.

Would be curious if we had two brackets - relegated teams (4) after the first round-  how they might fare too - because I bet the difference between the top 2 or 3 teams will be razor thin.

Cheers Sarge, doing good work.   

Nicely played DS ---   Congrats to the thin one!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer