Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 880040 times)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Echo Update on Anfield Road Extension
« Reply #600 on: February 13, 2020, 10:13:41 am »
Can I loan about MORE hospitality?
How many is that in the entire stadium now?

Also. Rail seating. Just do it.
It's not necessarily more.
Quite a few of the offsite packages we've been selling for the last few years have seats in the Anny Rd. I'd have thought this is an opportunity to bring those onsite and make the experience a bit better and I daresay profitable; no room hire, no coach hire etc.

At the moment you may have a meal in the Liver Building, a talk from an ex-player, a coach to Anfield and then you're queuing up outside the ground with the rest of the crowd. Bringing it inhouse will enhance the experience for the fan as well as possibly being more profitable than offsite hospitality.

I've got no problem with hospitality, it boosts revenue and helps subsidise GA tickets, and there's clearly a big demand for it.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #601 on: February 13, 2020, 10:39:50 am »
yep, people should be happy with the progress

i know united have about 78 or whatever but it didnt happen overnight, its not as if in one season they went from 40k to 78

61 is a good number for us and im sure if things are going well we could look at doing more elsewhere

I wouldn't want us to go that big. I think it would affect the atmosphere, and despite the current massive demand for tickets I don't think even we could consistently sell out every week with numbers like that to fill.

I think maybe 68-70k would be our maximum if we get around to rebuilding the Sir Kenny and The Kop.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #602 on: February 13, 2020, 10:45:13 am »
I wouldn't want us to go that big. I think it would affect the atmosphere, and despite the current massive demand for tickets I don't think even we could consistently sell out every week with numbers like that to fill.

I think maybe 68-70k would be our maximum if we get around to rebuilding the Sir Kenny and The Kop.
probably be about the max alright

its definitely not a case of (as they say in waynes world) if you book them they will come

anyway 60-62 or whatever will do rightly for now. See how things go after that, just like we waited to see how well the main stand did
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: February 13, 2020, 10:51:52 am »
probably be about the max alright

its definitely not a case of (as they say in waynes world) if you book them they will come

anyway 60-62 or whatever will do rightly for now. See how things go after that, just like we waited to see how well the main stand did

Yeah. Enlarging the Sir Kenny stand on its own would probably add 7-9k, but  I'm not sure you can add much to The Kop as a single tier to make the work financially viable. It would probably get a facelift to bring it in line with the rest of the stadium though.

And of course going bigger brings up the issue of transport infrastructure in the area, which is already creaking on match days.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #604 on: February 13, 2020, 10:59:26 am »
Yeah. Enlarging the Sir Kenny stand on its own would probably add 7-9k, but  I'm not sure you can add much to The Kop as a single tier to make the work financially viable. It would probably get a facelift to bring it in line with the rest of the stadium though.

And of course going bigger brings up the issue of transport infrastructure in the area, which is already creaking on match days.
yeah another tier on the kop for instance takes away from it and hospitality area there is a big no no

long way away from this if it ever happens anyway
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: February 13, 2020, 12:40:30 pm »
I think Spurs are actually a well run club. Yes we are leaving them behind but the only reason it was ever close was because of horrendous mis-management on our side for 20 years. Obviously under H&G but I also include the previous regime in that - United were on a level playing field with us in the early 90's but then left us for dust while we did nothing.

Back to Spurs, we've been a bigger club since the 1970's so it was good to work for them to "catch-up" with us in the early-mid 2010's. As for their stadium, they were literally at a glass ceiling. Do nothing and stay still, or take the punt on the stadium and (eventually) catch up with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and City. I would add Liverpool too but I don't think Spurs or anyone could have foreseen how much our finances have improved in the last 5 years.

Arsenal had the same problem in the 2000's. You might argue that leaving Highbury cost them another legit shot at a title there-and-then but they had no choice in the long-term.

Anfield's capacity was always 10k more than WHL or Highbury, plus we have found cheap ways to expand.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #606 on: February 13, 2020, 12:55:19 pm »
Updated info here too...

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/anfieldroadexpansion/proposals

Seems to rule our installing rail seating. Not sure if the design is inline with current regs for that so it would be a simple swap in the future though.

Think it's best to keep our powder dry on that one. Let the Annie Road be all seater and keep rail seating for the next big lobbying job for fans - getting the Kop done as the most imposing end in world football ;¬)

Offline pguyo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #607 on: February 13, 2020, 02:56:52 pm »
Whats holding up the roof. I don't see any truss in the images like there was in the Outline planning. I'm sure these images are just indicative.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #608 on: February 13, 2020, 03:44:20 pm »
Despite that photo I still think the away end will be 3k all in the lower as just as we see now. That line of segregation there in the upper has got to be what...250 to 300 seats? Segregation that would not be required if away fans were all in the lower and can be sold to our fans instead.

I thought we were going to move the away fans to the other side of the stand.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #609 on: February 13, 2020, 04:40:54 pm »
Whats holding up the roof. I don't see any truss in the images like there was in the Outline planning. I'm sure these images are just indicative.
Was thinking the same thing. Wondered if becasue its a smaller scale than the main stand then it wouldn't need a truss?
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #610 on: February 13, 2020, 04:59:52 pm »

Using some back of a fag-packet calculations regarding safe-standing, and assuming the increased capacity could pass planning permission in regards to transport etc, and the gradient of the stands is in line with regulations, and it is possible to add in extra entry points to the Kop without big structural reform etc (a lot of 'if's' basically!).

If it was a 1:1.5 ratio you could add 6,000 to a safe-standing Kop, plus 3,000 to a safe-standing Lower Anny - which would see the capacity reach near 70,000 without having to completely rebuild any more stands. That would be for non-Champions League games at least (although who knows - if the Premier League implemented safe standing alongside the Bundesliga, that might be the start of Champions League regulations eventually come into line as well. They finally got around to relaxing alcohol in stadiums afterall).

That would be 27,000 standing places in Anfield - not far off the old Kop.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 05:06:25 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #611 on: February 13, 2020, 05:42:11 pm »
There were some questions earlier in the thread regarding which properties around the ground the club own. The club have taken out a revolving credit facility with Natwest, possibly linked to the Anfield Road developement, which is secured against Anfield, the training ground and a load of properties around the ground and even what I assume is Klopp's home. You can see the list of properties on the charge document on companies house (pages 27-35) via the link below:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00035668/filing-history?page=1

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #612 on: February 13, 2020, 05:44:22 pm »
There were some questions earlier in the thread regarding which properties around the ground the club own. The club have taken out a revolving credit facility with Natwest, possibly linked to the Anfield Road developement, which is secured against Anfield, the training ground and a load of properties around the ground and even what I assume is Klopp's home. You can see the list of properties on the charge document on companies house (pages 27-35) via the link below:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00035668/filing-history?page=1

Pretty much all the stuff where the Main is now. They owned some before, and then some were bought just before construction.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #613 on: February 13, 2020, 07:23:47 pm »
It's amazing that we are redeveloping and expanding the stadium while enjoying an amazing period on the pitch. Nothing to do now but admire FSG, Klopp, Gordon, Edwards et al.
Incredible to think how far we have come - and I will admit I had major doubts about FSG for a very long time. Their prudence used to annoy me as I felt we had to spend big to catch up. They have delivered on the promise of competing while spending within our means.
ARE looks amazing and I for one love the lack of symmetry. Anfield looks like a football stadium - despite Custis telling us it looked like lego.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #614 on: February 13, 2020, 07:47:45 pm »
Hahahahahaha
You’re alright you Al

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: February 14, 2020, 06:33:47 am »
I thought we were going to move the away fans to the other side of the stand.
Yes that very well could happen, but doesn't really change my point about segregation.

Offline TheMightyReds

• Full of B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T ;)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #616 on: February 14, 2020, 10:31:49 am »
Actually I've come round to liking the two tier look that they have adopted here. Of course wait for final judgement on it with the proper renders and drawings but it looks quite good inside and out. I was worried it would look out of place.

To get to just over 61,000 seats with all the history of the stadium issues is a good achievement. We dodged a massive magnesium dosed bullet with that stadium in the park.  :o

Facilities have improved ten fold and fans seem to be loving the new Anfield look.  :)

To get to anything over this. Well no point discussing too much. It's a good 10 years away. But I'm sure they have a plan. You don't sit in a board room and say something is impossible, when you have millions sitting in the bank and revenue approaching £600M.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #617 on: February 14, 2020, 02:30:42 pm »
Was thinking the same thing. Wondered if becasue its a smaller scale than the main stand then it wouldn't need a truss?

I've no clue about construction, so can anyone answer the question on how the roof of the new Road End will be supported?

Just thinking on your comment, Pazcom, I remembered that the Kop has a truss, yet that's a lot smaller than the new ARE will be.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #618 on: February 14, 2020, 11:37:48 pm »
I've no clue about construction, so can anyone answer the question on how the roof of the new Road End will be supported?

Just thinking on your comment, Pazcom, I remembered that the Kop has a truss, yet that's a lot smaller than the new ARE will be.
Funny - was curious about this too. My guess is that it is an internal framework truss built between the roof cladding that is anchored into the main stand pillar, not sure where it would anchor on the SKD side. will be interesting to see.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #619 on: February 15, 2020, 12:21:43 am »
Funny - was curious about this too. My guess is that it is an internal framework truss built between the roof cladding that is anchored into the main stand pillar, not sure where it would anchor on the SKD side. will be interesting to see.

Yep, it will be interesting to see how it's done.

To be honest, I'd never even thought about it until the question was asked, but then it got me wondering, especially as all the other stands have trusses.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: February 15, 2020, 06:13:13 am »

Maybe its designed to be afloat on vocal power. Works as a motivation too - if you're not loud enough the sky falls on your head.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #621 on: February 15, 2020, 02:37:51 pm »
I for one can not wait to get our new airplane.

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: February 18, 2020, 04:08:34 pm »
I, for one, am glad that a proper traditional football stadium gets extended instead of building a new modern one. Those toilet seat-shaped new stadiums make me vomit and hysterically laugh at the same time!!!

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: February 20, 2020, 01:00:56 am »

Man I love these pictures on pg 14 of this thread!
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline dstorey

• Kemlynite
« Reply #624 on: February 20, 2020, 06:11:57 am »
Man I love these pictures on pg 14 of this thread!

I'm surprised I've never seen anyone photoshop the last image to add a mirror of the main stand where the SKD stand is. I don't have the image editing skills, but I did a quick flip and paste, without any colour matching, and it looks kind of glorious. It looks a bit like a giant manta ray, floating over Stanley Park. The only photoshops I've seen is from before we announced the designs for the Anfield Road stand.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #625 on: February 20, 2020, 07:38:16 am »
I'm surprised I've never seen anyone photoshop the last image to add a mirror of the main stand where the SKD stand is. I don't have the image editing skills, but I did a quick flip and paste, without any colour matching, and it looks kind of glorious. It looks a bit like a giant manta ray, floating over Stanley Park. The only photoshops I've seen is from before we announced the designs for the Anfield Road stand.

Sorry for the slow reply, this took a while.

Offline dstorey

• Kemlynite
« Reply #626 on: February 20, 2020, 04:12:17 pm »
Sorry for the slow reply, this took a while.

This is wonderful! Its tail is a giant mega Kop and diverted Walton Breck Road!

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #627 on: February 21, 2020, 08:15:26 am »
Standby for Action.... cue the klaxons...  I might be confusing Thunderbirds and Stingray...

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #628 on: February 21, 2020, 12:07:01 pm »
Quickly
No cons for me as articulated so beautifully in this recent thread with its paeans to our wondrous Anfield home

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=344765.msg17049412#msg17049412

There are a few things Timbo. Firstly the atmosphere at aways tends to beat the atmosphere at run of the mill homes suggesting that the atmosphere is more dependant on those present rather than the bricks and mortar.

Secondly if we had moved home in the early 80's instead of having the decade long impasse trying to force out the Mason sisters to redevelop the Kemlyn then how many memories or special nights would we have created over the last four decades.

Thirdly have you ever moved house or do you live in the same house with all those special memories even if you have outgrown it.

I love Anfield especially on a big European night but there have been negatives not least the amount of revenue we have failed to generate over the last 40 years whilst battling with the Anfield community. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: February 21, 2020, 12:19:18 pm »
So the only negatives you can think of for Anfield are the opportunity cost of not moving grounds forty years ago and making better bank?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #630 on: February 21, 2020, 12:57:23 pm »
I’ve started a new thread for the discussion of the pros and cons of a new build vs redevelopment.

Also discussion of the funding of spurs bond scheme can go in there.

Thanks all
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #631 on: February 21, 2020, 04:25:11 pm »
Spurs, Arsenal and United stadium stuff moved to the other cake thread. This is for progress and updates on Anfield.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: February 27, 2020, 08:00:25 pm »

I did this during construction of the main stand but you get the idea:

Offline dstorey

• Kemlynite
« Reply #633 on: February 29, 2020, 04:41:59 am »
I did this during construction of the main stand but you get the idea:

It's missing the Anfield Road expansion :p

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: March 21, 2020, 12:09:09 am »
This will clearly be pushed for a long while.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: April 7, 2020, 03:49:49 pm »
I dont see any extensions being done for a long time as we could (sorry will) be in the worse recession of our lives.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: April 7, 2020, 04:06:56 pm »
I dont see any extensions being done for a long time as we could (sorry will) be in the worse recession of our lives.

Could also argue that it is the perfect time to build it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #637 on: April 7, 2020, 04:11:10 pm »
We could lose hundreds of millions of pounds over the next couple of seasons..... there’s a huge risk even for a club of our size...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #638 on: April 7, 2020, 04:11:20 pm »

Agreed. I don't think the economy will necessarily stop it as should lower build costs, plus I don't think it is due to have many additional high priced tickets and will mainly be general tickets which you'd hope we'd have no problem selling.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #639 on: April 7, 2020, 04:12:36 pm »
We could lose hundreds of millions of pounds over the next couple of seasons..... there’s a huge risk even for a club of our size...

How so?

I can't see a situation where stadiums remain closed for a couple of seasons, even if so football wouldn't be cancelled and clubs should regain all their income minus from selling tickets.