Author Topic: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)  (Read 2031881 times)

Offline jacobs chains

• Kopite
  • Rarely rattled
I agree wholeheartedly. One of the many "classics" people love and anyone who doesn't simply doesn't have the brain capacity.

I found it poorly written too.

It's a great book if you're an angry 13 year old that no one understands, because no one else is smart enough to understand.

If you're still clinging to it in adulthood you probably have issues.

Offline ToneLa

• The haiku master. Kills it in transfer windows. Keeps the art alive...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life goes by in doledrum
Did you tell him you think JD Salinger was vastly overrated and Holden is a bit of a crap character?

Makes sense one of the premier Ev fans would be inspired by literature's most sullen, whiny, insufferably cynical teenage boy

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.96
It's a great book if you're an angry 13 year old that no one understands, because no one else is smart enough to understand.

If you're still clinging to it in adulthood you probably have issues.

Yeah I've heard that it's a "teen angst" book.

I mean there's a somewhat infamous unhinged gentleman who held onto the book late into life.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Makes sense one of the premier Ev fans would be inspired by literature's most sullen, whiny, insufferably cynical teenage boy
Holden is a whiny douche & the book is incredibly overrated by people pining for the past.

So, on brand?
"Nobody knows anything..." William Goldman.

XB1 Gamertag: BrothersYork

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I love 'The Catcher in the Rye' (the book, not the poster) and 'Franny and Zooey' by Salinger :-X
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Son of Spion*

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • D'yer wanna see my legacy?
 :lmao

The Shite have become so insignificant that their RAWK thread has turned into a book review club instead. 😂

Offline a little break

• Tonyign0r35u
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I love 'The Catcher in the Rye' (the book, not the poster) and 'Franny and Zooey' by Salinger :-X

It's perfectly OK to like Salinger, it's years since I read Catcher in the Rye but I liked it too....the Everton fan is a fucking wankstain though.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's perfectly OK to like Salinger, it's years since I read Catcher in the Rye but I liked it too....the Everton fan is a fucking wankstain though.

Yep but an amusing one nonetheless:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315580.msg15873382#msg15873382
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
Who was the one who wrote Davek?

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Is the spade in the ground yet?

For all the yapping, it should have been built by now.  ::)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Is the spade in the ground yet?

For all the yapping, it should have been built by now.  ::)

At the speed they are going football will be dead by the time they play their first match there.

They must be factoring the fact that they are actually going backwards in relation to their plans (ie West Ham, Leicester and possibly Villa are overtaking them) and that they cannot afford something like that for a mid table club.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity?
  • Legacy Fan
Its pretty funny how pointless they are.

They never win anything, never in serious threat of getting relegated. Never achieving anything anyone actually cares about.
I genuinely believe the VVD injury is their "greatest" moment since 1995, at least their most relevant moment if nothing else.

Offline a little break

• Tonyign0r35u
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Yep but an amusing one nonetheless:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315580.msg15873382#msg15873382

Well I certainly needed that laugh tonight hahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaah thank you!

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
Its pretty funny how pointless they are.

They never win anything, never in serious threat of getting relegated. Never achieving anything anyone actually cares about.
I genuinely believe the VVD injury is their "greatest" moment since 1995, at least their most relevant moment if nothing else.

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline BriarcliffInmate

• Main Stander
  • I like football the way I like my politics: Red.
    • Radical Red Review
Genuinely can't tell if this is the usual City brown-nosing or if he genuinely believes Everton are going to be doing the same progression... Ah, The Ev. Consistently a joke!

"This club has been my life. I’d go out and sweep the street and be proud to do it for Liverpool FC if they asked me to." - Bob Paisley

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
Genuinely can't tell if this is the usual City brown-nosing or if he genuinely believes Everton are going to be doing the same progression... Ah, The Ev. Consistently a joke!

"Your success is our success".

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

What a deluded sycophant.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Everton are still where they were 15 years ago
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)

Either way, 15 years is one helluva long time in footy!

15 years ago we were just around the corner from witnessing Stevie's Cardiff final screamer and Reina's penalty heroics!

Fair play if he's gearing up to wait 15 years!

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
Everton are still where they were 15 years ago
They've doubled their trophies since then!
They've also tripled it. Quadrupled it as well.

Offline jacobs chains

• Kopite
  • Rarely rattled

And City's owners piled in millions and turned them into, financially doped to the eyeballs, champions. Everton's owners piled in millions and turned them into erm..Everton.

Offline Tesco tearaway∗

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
Seventies r&b group 'The Floaters' chose their name as a tribute to Everton .
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Imagine being a blue and seeing clubs like City and Chelsea do what it is they've done and think it's benefitted them because we've missed out on a few more pots. It's taken them several places down the table and in turn pushed them further away from relevance than ever.
Proud Legacy Supporter of Liverpool Soccer Franchise™

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Imagine being a blue and seeing clubs like City and Chelsea do what it is they've done and think it's benefitted them because we've missed out on a few more pots. It's taken them several places down the table and in turn pushed them further away from relevance than ever.
That penny hasn't dropped for them yet. To be fair, they're not alone in that, lots of other fans still can't look beyond the fact that City have prevented us from winning more. There's lots of fans that are more interested in certain teams "failing" that their own teams succeeding.

As has been pointed out many times, even our relative failures represent a level of achievement many of them have never come close to.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan

I'd guess they also want the ability for big-money spending to get them to the top.  As long as City and Chelsea are relevant with their big-money push, maybe Everton supporters feel they can one day hit that jackpot.

If we didn't have big money billionaires pushing in the PL, Everton, if run well (and that's a big if), could at least be Spurs level, and would be pushing CL qualification every year.  With City and Chelsea in (and Leicester being run well these days), Everton aren't even a Top 7 team (as far as how competitive the team is long-term).  They've definitely been pushed down the pecking order.  A well-run Everton these days would still struggle to get close to CL qualification.  But on the flip side, as long as big money investment is around, they could also win the ownership lottery one day...
King Kenny.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That’s odd, a couple of years ago the Champions League was apparently no more prestigious than the League Cup, and they’ve not not been going out of their way to congratulate Man City on getting to League Cup finals.

It’s almost as if they’ve changed their tune for some reason...

Weirdos.

« Last Edit: May 5, 2021, 05:04:56 pm by Kekule »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Legacy Fan
Yet again the lack of awereness of Everton fans is staggering. This is a team that has lifted themselves above the likes of Everton purely by being owned by human rights abusers for sportwashing, and have cheated to get there. But they are absolutely ok with having yet another hurdle in their way. Not only OK with it, but happy to applaud those who’ve done it.

Be like you or me having a celebratory pint with the person at work who lied to get a great promotion at our expense.
"I’m pretty much used to nothing more in my life than to get up after a knock. Nothing has happened more often to me than this, so that’s no problem” - Jürgen Klopp

Offline Son of Spion*

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Yet again the lack of awereness of Everton fans is staggering. This is a team that has lifted themselves above the likes of Everton purely by being owned by human rights abusers for sportwashing, and have cheated to get there. But they are absolutely ok with having yet another hurdle in their way. Not only OK with it, but happy to applaud those who’ve done it.

Be like you or me having a celebratory pint with the person at work who lied to get a great promotion at our expense.
They'll never see it. Their heads are cabbaged. As long as the likes of Abu Dhabi and Abramovich provide a hurdle for Liverpool, they don't even care that they are an even far bigger hurdle for Everton.

Of course, they are also clinging onto the desperate hope that the Uzbek gangster can propel them to unearned heights via cheating too.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Everton the submissive latex attired Gimp of English top tier football, weirdly the further away from trophies they get the more excited they get.

This might as well be their kit.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Son of Spion*

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
^
 ;D

Everton getting their reward for their slavish devotion to all things Manc... 

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan

Everton are in this image somewhere

That penny hasn't dropped for them yet. To be fair, they're not alone in that, lots of other fans still can't look beyond the fact that City have prevented us from winning more. There's lots of fans that are more interested in certain teams "failing" that their own teams succeeding.

As has been pointed out many times, even our relative failures represent a level of achievement many of them have never come close to.

Indeed, what we regard as our worst nightmare of a season, worse than anything I can remember without exception in 60 years and we have still done better than them with their pedigree manager bedded in and being the 6th highest net spender in europe.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2021, 01:24:56 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
They'll never see it. Their heads are cabbaged. As long as the likes of Abu Dhabi and Abramovich provide a hurdle for Liverpool, they don't even care that they are an even far bigger hurdle for Everton.

Of course, they are also clinging onto the desperate hope that the Uzbek gangster can propel them to unearned heights via cheating too.

City have spent £1.3bn to get where they are, if Everton spent £3bn, they would still be shit. They would be a poor man's PSG. Perennial Seething Gobshites.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Bergersleftpeg

• Legacy Fan
And City's owners piled in millions and turned them into, financially doped to the eyeballs, champions. Everton's owners piled in millions and turned them into erm..Everton.

Heh. They can’t even dope properly.

Utterly pointless club.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
The only difference between this lot and Burnley is the astounding level of delusion. Burnley know they merely exist in the Premier League, Everton fans think they are some 'giant.' In reality though, Burnley command about the same level of respect and relevance as Everton.

Offline Fromola

• Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

Chelsea have beaten Everton in an FA Cup final (their only final in 26 years) and a League Cup semi final.

Man City have beaten them in a League Cup semi final and an FA Cup quarter final in the last few years. If they'd beat City in the quarters this year they'd have had Chelsea waiting for them in the semis.

Everton finished 6th in 12/13 with Chelsea and City in the top 4. They finished 5th in 13/14. Chelsea and City were both in the top 4. In 04/05 they missed out on an automatic CL place finishing 4th. Chelsea won the league.

Chelsea and City's emergence with all their billions has been a contributor to their trophy drought and their glass ceiling under Moyes and then when Martinez took over. They'd have likely won a couple of domestic trophies at least and reached the CL once or twice which they may have helped them kick on a bit and lose their loser mentality.

But they've stopped us winning more. That's all that matters.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2021, 09:26:50 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Chelsea have beaten Everton in an FA Cup final (their only final in 26 years) and a League Cup semi final.

Man City have beaten them in a League Cup semi final and an FA Cup quarter final in the last few years. If they'd beat City in the quarters this year they'd have had Chelsea waiting for them in the semis.

Everton finished 6th in 12/13 with Chelsea and City in the top 4. They finished 5th in 13/14. Chelsea and City were both in the top 4. In 04/05 they missed out on an automatic CL place finishing 4th. Chelsea won the league.

Chelsea and City's emergence with all their billions has been a contributor to their trophy drought and their glass ceiling under Moyes and then when Martinez took over. They'd have likely won a couple of domestic trophies at least and reached the CL once or twice which they may have helped them kick on a bit and lose their loser mentality.

But they've stopped us winning more. That's all that matters.
Good summary that. I didn't realise the extent to which City and Chelsea have directly affected them.

It must absolutely kill them to know that we've achieved what we have without financial doping at the same time as them, with unprecedented levels of owner support have only managed to tread water.

Never mind, just keep blowing smoke up City and Chelsea's arses.

Offline Fromola

• Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
They also had Stones, Rodwell and Lescott pinched by City (as shit as Rodwell was for City) and Barkley by Chelsea (phone the bizzies).

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan

😂 Does be mean that city were also shit about  15 years ago?

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
That’s odd, a couple of years ago the Champions League was apparently no more prestigious than the League Cup, and they’ve not not been going out of their way to congratulate Man City on getting to League Cup finals.

It’s almost as if they’ve changed their tune for some reason...

Weirdos.
Also, don't forget that neither City nor Chelsea are Champions of their domestic league so they really shouldn't have even qualified and it will just be a hollow victory for whoever wins it.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Are their fans up in arms about the two CL finalists not being their own domestic champions the season before?

Oh. Just when it's Liverpool then. Sound.