Author Topic: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)  (Read 2031851 times)

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
We are having the season from Hell, they had a start to the season made in Heaven, but they still can't get above us.

Offline Fromola

• Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Carlo Magnifico is lucky the bigger club in the city takes attention away from Everton, cos he’s really doing a pretty shit job.

Although he did the Beat Liverpool Just Once Please Cup, so there is that.

He has also been lucky there has been no fans this season. Next season, if they get off to a poor start, he’ll be on very thin ice.

The worst thing is the style of play. Ancelotti makes Moyes look cavalier. Shit-on-a-stick football and getting paid mega millions for it.

It's only the 'men behind the ball and nick something on the counter' away wins that have them still in contention for Europe. They've only played well at home when they can hit the big teams on the break.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
I see Everton bottled the going above the Redshite again..
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Seeing lots of this sort of stuff being retweeted
https://twitter.com/romalcapital/status/1387116851319160834?s=21

Those will all be kebab shops and chippies with the odd ale house like the Red Brick ll and the Winslow on the water.

I've noticed that in all these artists impressions everyone looks well dressed (even the odd bit of red clothing in this one), happy and relatively civilised, once they've let EFC down there that will all change
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
With us back next season, United looking half decent, Spurs possibly getting a decent manager, Arsenal possibly back in the frame, Leicester remaining strong then they will look back at this year and see that this was their biggest chance of CL football and establishing themselves somewhere near the top table (ie attracting players who see more than money)

They have blown it big style with few excuses. I would not be happy if I was a blue but I forget that they get their happiness not from their own club but from our (relative) failure.

We do fail occasionally but not every single year
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
GOT's Ancelotti thread is magnificent reading - most ready to hound him out of the club, some saying it's as bad as Allardyce.

Also, the usual astonishingly deluded shouts - "we should've got Simeone instead of Koeman", "we should get Brendan Rodgers". That'll be Diego Simeone who had just reached the CL final at the time they're talking about, and Brendan Rodgers, who's about to lead a well-run club to a top 4 finish and an FA Cup final.

But they can just get these guys to come because of the lure of Everton  :lmao

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
We are having the season from Hell, they had a start to the season made in Heaven, but they still can't get above us.

That´s got to be humiliating. They can always console themselves with the first win at (an empty) Anfield for over two decades trophy though. Basically the same as silverware.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
In this bizarre, throw away season, it was the perfect chance for any half decent side to make a serious top 4 challenge. With the money they've spent and a class manger in charge, Everton can only consider this season a total fuck up.

They can console themselves we fucked  up too, but we will get over this, doubt they will. It will probably the same old 7/8th finish them for next season, with nobody outside themselves really that arsed how they do, they don't matter enough. This was the season to 'matter' and they messed it up.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2021, 08:53:39 am by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
In this bizarre, throw away season, it was the perfect chance for any half decent side to make a serious top 4 challenge. With the money they've spent and a class manger in charge, Everton can only consider this season a total fuck up.

They can console themselves we fucked  up too, but we will get over this, doubt they will. It will probably the same old 7/8th finish them for next season, with nobody outside themselves really that arsed how they do, they don't matter enough. This was the season too 'matter' and they messed it up.

You have to wander how much Champions League qualification (or lack of it!) has factored into their stadium funding plans?

If they could have secured Top 4 this season it had the potential to be massive for the future of the club. If not this season then when?

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How have Everton with all the money they've spent and Carlo Ancelotti at the helm, with Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs all having nightmare seasons, managed to screw up the best chance they'll get of finishing in the top four? ;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Fromola

• Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
With us back next season, United looking half decent, Spurs possibly getting a decent manager, Arsenal possibly back in the frame, Leicester remaining strong then they will look back at this year and see that this was their biggest chance of CL football and establishing themselves somewhere near the top table (ie attracting players who see more than money)

They have blown it big style with few excuses. I would not be happy if I was a blue but I forget that they get their happiness not from their own club but from our (relative) failure.

We do fail occasionally but not every single year

A key point is how lucky they've been. They've had loads of big decisions go their way. Massively outperformed XG (i.e. teams consistently missing sitters, them scoring against the run.of play). That doesn't sustain either year on year.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Was delighted when Ancelotti was appointed and seen absolutely nothing to change my mind, it's amongst the worst I've seen them play in my life time, I can't believe how flattering the table is to them, in some bother when the luck runs out.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
This is supposedly one of their best seasons in recent history yet they will end in mid table and they are 5th worst team in the league at home this season. Given that they will do considerably worse next year, it's gonna be fun to follow their "achievements" next year.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
In reality I think the likes of Leicester and West Ham was their level of competition outside, us, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and both Manc clubs this season.

With us Arsenal and Spurs well below par, the chance was there to take advantage for that one remaining CL spot up for grabs.

It looks like Leicester have taken that advantage and good luck to them, the same goes for West Ham's galliant effort. Everton on the other hand have not been good enough to capitalize this season on the failings of others.

Judging by the reaction of their fans, their team lacks motivation, that's unforgivable if true.In this of all seasons, the best chance for a CL place they will have for a long time.

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Hard to be motivated playing for Everton tbf. Never gonna win anything, are they?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
You have to wander how much Champions League qualification (or lack of it!) has factored into their stadium funding plans?

If they could have secured Top 4 this season it had the potential to be massive for the future of the club. If not this season then when?

Good point.
Judging by the developers posting on SM showing what the artists impressions are, they will be keen to get on with the ground build.
Anyone think they were hoping for a post Covid government investment to kick start the build?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
They need a mass of more money spent on the team as well as the stadium.

Just how much money is Usmanov prepared to throw at it? Surely the funding of the stadium will slow down the spending of the money on the team. They can't keep blowing hundreds of millions a year on new players and fund a stadium with no CL money and next to nothing coming in from match revenue at Goodison (Covid or no Covid). FFP not being worth the paper it's written on might be a lifeline, but they're just chucking money away.

Offline Son of Spion*

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • D'yer wanna see my legacy?
Hard to be motivated playing for Everton tbf. Never gonna win anything, are they?
The only motivation they ever seem to have is LFC. Other than whining about us and endlessly obsessing over us, what have they got? They have no identity of their own any more.

It's ironic that they want to build on a dock, seeing as all they ever do as a club is tread water.

This utterly shambolic season has been their best chance of fluking a CL qualification, but they've fucked it up in spectacular fashion. They are an absolute joke, and Ancedycei must be laughing all the way to the bank after rinsing these clowns silly.

Offline Son of Spion*

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
How have Everton with all the money they've spent and Carlo Ancelotti at the helm, with Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs all having nightmare seasons, managed to screw up the best chance they'll get of finishing in the top four? ;D
Everton, aren't they. 😂

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
In reality I think the likes of Leicester and West Ham was their level of competition outside, us, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and both Manc clubs this season.

With us Arsenal and Spurs well below par, the chance was there to take advantage for that one remaining CL spot up for grabs.

It looks like Leicester have taken that advantage and good luck to them, the same goes for West Ham's galliant effort. Everton on the other hand have not been good enough to capitalize this season on the failings of others.

Judging by the reaction of their fans, their team lacks motivation, that's unforgivable if true.In this of all seasons, the best chance for a CL place they will have for a long time.

They're total game raisers. You look at what they put into the Derby games, or even Arsenal and Spurs who've they beat twice this season.

I don't know if it's motivation or just tactical limitation. Their only tactic is to sit back and hit teams on the break. You can't do that at home against the bottom half and they end up getting easily picked off because they've got defenders who can't defend unless they're sat deep with everyone behind the ball.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2021, 10:44:23 am by Fromola »

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan
That´s got to be humiliating. They can always console themselves with the first win at (an empty) Anfield for over two decades trophy though. Basically the same as silverware.

It's up there with any of their famous European away wins..........oh wait.

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan
A key point is how lucky they've been. They've had loads of big decisions go their way. Massively outperformed XG (i.e. teams consistently missing sitters, them scoring against the run.of play). That doesn't sustain either year on year.

Well they rode their luck in the VVD Derby and I actually watched their game against a poor Arsenal - a huge piece of luck from a goalkeeping error and Arsenal without their two main strikers.

And last night Villa missed as many chances as they took aigainst us in the 7-2.

And Everton's goal difference is 3! Awful when you consider they have the second coming of Dixie Dean at centre forward.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
Well they rode their luck in the VVD Derby and I actually watched their game against a poor Arsenal - a huge piece of luck from a goalkeeping error and Arsenal without their two main strikers.

And last night Villa missed as many chances as they took aigainst us in the 7-2.

And Everton's goal difference is 3! Awful when you consider they have the second coming of Dixie Dean at centre forward.

To turn into one of them for a minute...Arsenal also had a pen overturned at 0-0 by VAR due to a fractional offside way earlier in the play. West Brom away equalised in the last minute and was ruled out for a dubious fractional VAR offside. The offside goal to open the scoring against Palace that VAR ignored. That bullshit pen they got at Anfield and the clear dive for one against Spurs the other week which got them back in the game. Absolutely battered at Brighton who couldn't score. Southampton missing a bunch of sitters to equalise at Goodison. That's just in the last couple of months.

I think goal difference, combined with XG, gives a decent barometer of a team's performance over the season (rather than necessarily just reciting 'the table never lives' as sometimes a lot of things just go your way/go against you). At least their goal difference outperforms Moyes who finished 4th with a negative goal difference.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2021, 11:03:39 am by Fromola »

Offline Son of Spion*

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
They need a mass of more money spent on the team as well as the stadium.

Just how much money is Usmanov prepared to throw at it? Surely the funding of the stadium will slow down the spending of the money on the team. They can't keep blowing hundreds of millions a year on new players and fund a stadium with no CL money and next to nothing coming in from match revenue at Goodison (Covid or no Covid). FFP not being worth the paper it's written on might be a lifeline, but they're just chucking money away.
I don't see what other options they have. They are such a poorly run club. A bunch of LFC obsessed headless chickens who appear amateur at best.

The club has long since lost any gravitas it once had. They have to offer insane money to tempt managers and players in. They are mid-table water treaders with delusions. The only way they can still feel big is by lashing someone else's money around.

I don't know whether it's Moshilad, Uncle Uzzie or both who are funding them, but  whoever it is they may well just piss all their cash into the Mersey on an ebb tide.

Offline jacobs chains

• Kopite
  • Rarely rattled

Well it's a tough question you pose, but I'm going for 'Because they're Everton.'  ;D

SOS beat me to it. ;D

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
8 home defeats so far this season. Would be 9 if not for whatever the fuck you want to call the derby officiating.

'Don Carlo'
Proud Legacy Supporter of Liverpool Soccer Franchise™

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006

I don't know whether it's Moshilad, Uncle Uzzie or both who are funding them, but  whoever it is they may well just piss all their cash into the Mersey on an ebb tide.

They haven't realized that they have Owners who only want them to become the Newcastle of Liverpool. By that I mean just stay in the League just like that's all Ashley cares about.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Had a look at the Man United thread on Grand Old Team, 90% of the posts are about Liverpool and Heysel  ;D completely normal one for the blues today
Proud Legacy Supporter of Liverpool Soccer Franchise™

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound

They're shite

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
When Everton last won a trophy mobile phones were still the size of a housebrick and we were using dial-up modems

Attached to a breeze block
The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall

Mitch Hedberg

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan
Has Catcherintherye published his five volume tome blaming us for each and every piece of mischief at Old Trafford yet?

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
Has Catcherintherye published his five volume tome blaming us for each and every piece of mischief at Old Trafford yet?
You can read the first chapter of the first volume on his last 25,000 tweets or so:
https://twitter.com/holdentheblue

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.96
You can read the first chapter of the first volume on his last 25,000 tweets or so:

Do people take him seriously? He's beyond unhinged

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan

This one in relation to the United protest yesterday;

"Looks through history too, and you will see when the moment is right to strike against the rich and greedy with no impunity. Robespierre, Lenin, Trotsky, Jefferson, Louverture and Cromwell all grasped this. The moment is now to strike".

Bet that went down well with any Blues of Irish descent. Unless he meant Thomas Cromwell, Henry VIII's fixer.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
;D

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.96
;D

Did you tell him you think JD Salinger was vastly overrated and Holden is a bit of a crap character?

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards

Offline Camping in a pub in Allerton

• Yarp. Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Did you tell him you think JD Salinger was vastly overrated and Holden is a bit of a crap character?

To be fair it is a completely shite book.

Obviously having heard the hype I read it and it was complete wank - but maybe that's his point? Match the ability and style of the crap that he's prattling on about to be ironic?

Hardline Ultra Remainer.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
They're owned by a front for a Russian oligarch.  Let me know when the protests commence.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.96
To be fair it is a completely shite book.

Obviously having heard the hype I read it and it was complete wank - but maybe that's his point? Match the ability and style of the crap that he's prattling on about to be ironic?

I agree wholeheartedly. One of the many "classics" people love and anyone who doesn't simply doesn't have the brain capacity.

I found it poorly written too.