Author Topic: Mingebags  (Read 256331 times)

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mingebags
« Reply #2440 on: February 4, 2024, 07:27:58 pm »
I think it's a bit mingebag on their part to charge more money for longer distance deliveries but not pass that on to the driver. What's the extra cost for if not for the person doing the actual delivering?

The rest seems fair, if you don't work a couple of hours then you don't get paid, especially if it's cash in hand stuff.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #2441 on: February 5, 2024, 05:08:48 pm »
You're working cash in hand, not paying tax or NI and moaning about a few quid? :lmao

You're the mingebag
Is right.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2442 on: February 5, 2024, 05:30:24 pm »
I think it's a bit mingebag on their part to charge more money for longer distance deliveries but not pass that on to the driver. What's the extra cost for if not for the person doing the actual delivering?

The rest seems fair, if you don't work a couple of hours then you don't get paid, especially if it's cash in hand stuff.

Yeah, they're making extra while it's costing jackh more in fuel and depreciation of his motor. Doesn't stack up.

The rest is fair as it's not a formal employment.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2443 on: February 5, 2024, 06:05:22 pm »
But he gets his £10ph no matter what, swings and roundabouts.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2444 on: February 6, 2024, 07:32:09 am »
The £10ph covers his time. The £1 should cover his costs, which go up the further he travels.
--edit-- if he's been there a while and not done this before, it is a bit mean of them not to help him out with paying him the £20.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2445 on: February 6, 2024, 08:13:18 am »
Used to deliver take aways myself, did it for 6 years, cash in hand

Dont work you dont get paid, simple

but the full delivery charge should be passed on
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #2446 on: February 6, 2024, 09:56:00 am »
£1 per delivery isn't great but I assume you're keeping any tips you get?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2447 on: February 6, 2024, 10:12:01 am »
£1 per delivery isn't great but I assume you're keeping any tips you get?
considering I was getting 1.50 in 2009 it is pretty shite

Yeah you keep your tips

What I used to get was 32 euro for the night as a flat fee, plus delivery 1.30 plus tips

Recession it was reduced to 25 euro but the delivery went up to 1.50

Tips made the difference, worked one saturday night, 30 deliveries, with tips I made 120

Exact same amount of deliveries the following saturday, made 83 quid

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2448 on: February 6, 2024, 12:16:00 pm »
Tips made the difference, worked one saturday night, 30 deliveries, with tips I made 120

Exact same amount of deliveries the following saturday, made 83 quid

Can only dream of that! I tend to do Tuesday & Friday evenings, with Friday being considerably busier. I'd usually expect to do between 4-8 deliveries on a Tuesday and 14-20 on a Saturday, so I tend to predict 5 & 15 and set my expectations for the week at £120 (two £50 shifts plus 20 deliveries).

Tips are few & far between really - I'd say it works out to an average or 25-33p per delivery, so say an extra £5-8 for the week.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2449 on: February 6, 2024, 12:53:40 pm »
Can only dream of that! I tend to do Tuesday & Friday evenings, with Friday being considerably busier. I'd usually expect to do between 4-8 deliveries on a Tuesday and 14-20 on a Saturday, so I tend to predict 5 & 15 and set my expectations for the week at £120 (two £50 shifts plus 20 deliveries).

Tips are few & far between really - I'd say it works out to an average or 25-33p per delivery, so say an extra £5-8 for the week.

Is this because everyone just pays by card these days? The only cash I've got right now is a couple of quid in the car for shopping trolleys and about £4 in my work bag for coffees from the machine in case I forget my flask.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2450 on: February 6, 2024, 12:57:32 pm »
Is this because everyone just pays by card these days? The only cash I've got right now is a couple of quid in the car for shopping trolleys and about £4 in my work bag for coffees from the machine in case I forget my flask.
I've thought that many times - anything related to cash tips/payments has to be struggling these days, coz so many ppl simply don't carry any.
in the past coup[le of years my wallet's been empty of cash probably 95% of the time, and whatever cash I do carry is for something specific and is gone fast.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2451 on: February 6, 2024, 01:06:25 pm »
I've thought that many times - anything related to cash tips/payments has to be struggling these days, coz so many ppl simply don't carry any.
in the past coup[le of years my wallet's been empty of cash probably 95% of the time, and whatever cash I do carry is for something specific and is gone fast.

If I remember, I'll get cash for tips, although a lot of places you can add to the bill, but I don't trust that the staff will see the money
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2452 on: February 6, 2024, 01:16:08 pm »

Yeah, pretty much - I'd say between two-thirds and three-quarters of the orders are paid online, and I suppose people also just have far less cash on them these days due to card/online/phone payments. I try to keep a pot of coins near the door for deliveries and take a little to the pub with me, but it's only really a cycle of incoming & outgoing tip money - feel like I very rarely withdraw cash from the machine these days.

Yep, same here.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #2453 on: February 6, 2024, 01:18:52 pm »

Yeah it's true that is, I only keep a bit of cash in my wallet purely because the chippy by me doesn't except card. And I do love a chippy tea.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2454 on: February 6, 2024, 01:22:59 pm »

those figures I gave are from 20 years ago as well

Mind you I know what its like working tuesday as I did them every week for 4 years, was nights I only had 6, night before istanbul 2005 I was hoping to get a nice wedge of beer money. I had 3 deliveries all night, was in from 530-1130pm. I had nothing at all after 8pm

I would say so, I never took card payments back then, different times obv

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #2455 on: February 6, 2024, 01:51:26 pm »
Always love reading this thread, so would be interested to hear the thoughts of my fellow RAWKites on this, and whether its a case of A, mingebaggery, B, general arsehole behaviour or C, me reading too much into it.

Basically it was my birthday last week (46, knocking on now!), and one of my dear girl mates bought me a cracking bottle of vanilla rum. The bottle was in a bag in work and on the night of the Chelsea game, two of my mates came to meet me from work and then drive to a pub to watch the match.

I put the bottle on the back seat of his car and gets in, meanwhile he's got a squeegee blade and proceeds to wipe every window on his car, cos its lashing down. He does no more than open the back door of his car to put the squeegee away and my bottle of rum rolls out and smashes on the floor.
His response was a nonchalant 'oops!', followed by a 'oh well these things happen'.

To be honest I wasn't expecting tears and hand wringing, but if it was me who had opened the door, I would have definitely offered to replace it.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2456 on: February 6, 2024, 01:54:09 pm »
Yeah, that's not his fault.
If you've set the bottle on the back seat and it has rolled out of a parked car, then it must've been leaning against the door.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2457 on: February 6, 2024, 01:54:52 pm »
Mind you I know what its like working tuesday as I did them every week for 4 years, was nights I only had 6, night before istanbul 2005 I was hoping to get a nice wedge of beer money. I had 3 deliveries all night, was in from 530-1130pm. I had nothing at all after 8pm

I don't necessarily mind whether it's super busy or absolutely dead, as long as it's in some way predictable - frustrating when you're expecting to just sit off for a Tuesday evening and you randomly get 11 deliveries, but equally when you expect to be rushing round on Friday and very little happens ;D

Some of the quiet ones have been a bugger recently, with the car going stone cold again between the few deliveries I've had.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2458 on: February 6, 2024, 01:55:45 pm »
yeah - only place for a bottle is on the floor behind the front seats.

my vote is a big fat "C", mate.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2459 on: February 6, 2024, 02:00:39 pm »
I don't necessarily mind whether it's super busy or absolutely dead, as long as it's in some way predictable - frustrating when you're expecting to just sit off for a Tuesday evening and you randomly get 11 deliveries, but equally when you expect to be rushing round on Friday and very little happens ;D

Some of the quiet ones have been a bugger recently, with the car going stone cold again between the few deliveries I've had.
I didnt mind being busy once I had a chance to catch my breath.

Worked one friday before xmas, was called in at last min at 530, that late I didnt have time to go for a piss first, I didnt have the said piss for over 3 hours.

Was another week I was mental busy to the point where I could hardly stand, I genuinely had suicidal thoughts, one of the worst days of my life, I had another job as well and that was flat out too. Day in question, was exhausted from the minute I got up out of bed. Never got a second to myself all day, barely had time to eat a dinner.

8pm was about to take a ten minute break, phone rang. 815, same thing, repeat every 15 minutes until 1145pm. Ended up having no break.

Not paid enough for that level of work

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2460 on: February 6, 2024, 02:08:28 pm »
I didnt mind being busy once I had a chance to catch my breath.

Worked one friday before xmas, was called in at last min at 530, that late I didnt have time to go for a piss first, I didnt have the said piss for over 3 hours.

Was another week I was mental busy to the point where I could hardly stand, I genuinely had suicidal thoughts, one of the worst days of my life, I had another job as well and that was flat out too. Day in question, was exhausted from the minute I got up out of bed. Never got a second to myself all day, barely had time to eat a dinner.

8pm was about to take a ten minute break, phone rang. 815, same thing, repeat every 15 minutes until 1145pm. Ended up having no break.

Not paid enough for that level of work

90% of the time I don't mind being on shift - we've got a good base of regular customers and so the interactions are generally friendly, which goes a long way to it being fine. If it's busy too, you can just dive into a couple of albums or a podcast or whatever (or a book if it's dead!). It's when I'm not on and there's a shift upcoming that it gets me - knowing it's a Friday night taken up, or (this particular week) both tonight & tomorrow...as I said above, halfway between resenting having to do it and being grateful that I have the opportunity to do so given that I do feel I need to.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2461 on: February 6, 2024, 02:18:55 pm »

I've noticed some bars, and I think coffee shops, have a separate contactless point for tips.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #2462 on: February 7, 2024, 08:29:56 am »
yeah - only place for a bottle is on the floor behind the front seats.

my vote is a big fat "C", mate.

Cheers SamLad, that'll do for me, the common sense of RAWK has spoken. :)
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2463 on: February 7, 2024, 08:44:32 am »
Don't piss on your chips lad.

Sure fire way to get sacked from a takeaway delivery job.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2464 on: February 7, 2024, 11:12:28 pm »
Sure fire way to get sacked from a takeaway delivery job.
Would be an improvement for some gaffs I've encountered
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40