Author Topic: Amy Winehouse dead  (Read 30415 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Amy Winehouse dead
« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2011, 10:38:14 pm »
If I see one more "they tried to make her go to rehab" joke, I'm going to... well, write something angry on the Internet.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2011, 10:38:22 pm »
actually this is so true.

so many people saying "what a waste of a life" and in a way it was. but most people live full lives (in terms of years) and achieve little of their potential, either through choice or circumstance, enduring "lives of quiet desperation" before fading away.

Lives, which for some reason, are never described as a waste.

Very talented singer who will probably leave a legacy in terms of her music and fame which will outshine many people.  But don't deduce from that that she hasn't wasted her life if her death is due to her addiction because to die at 27 is a waste of a talented life not just in terms of her music but had she lived she might have had kids etc and unfortunately addictions can have a tragic effect on the addict and their familiesand just because you're talented doesn't mean it's not a tragic waste of life.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2011, 10:42:00 pm »
Terrible this! RIP Amy, yours was a brilliant voice!

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2011, 10:44:09 pm »
As someone with a sibling who suffers from drug and alcohol addictions, I just want to say I sympathise with Amy's family. It's heartbreaking to watch someone who has been offered so much support and help in life, turn their backs on you.

RIP young woman.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2011, 10:47:46 pm »
Maybe now the Daily Mail will remove its TV & Showbiz page header, featuring Amy alongside other casualties of fame like Katona etc. They've got what they wanted at last, the ghouls.

Katona is a fame-hungry vulture, so she can hardly complain when it comes back and bites her in the fat arse.

Offline Jensen

• Butten
  • Anny Roader
  • Manc Type
« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2011, 10:53:51 pm »
Katona is a fame-hungry vulture, so she can hardly complain when it comes back and bites her in the fat arse.

That's by-the-by, particularly in light of recent revelations about the media. After all, we're talking about people who almost seem disappointed when the body-count from a tragedy is low. Certain elements of the press have been waiting for some kind of tragedy to strike Amy Winehouse; yet - you just watch - give it a day or two and they'll roll out the usual buck-passing excuse of 'Let's face it - we ALL killed Amy'.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2011, 11:02:01 pm »
Not surprised, but none-the less a massive loss to music. Liked her work and in her own right should be considered a legend. People seem to be overly obsessed these days with everyone having to do things for a certain number of years before they receive that status. She was another whirlwind artist who was going to go early so long as she never changed.

Anyway

RIP Amy.

Offline Wait for it!!!

• Unimaginative pisshead!!! +!!
  • Kopite
  • hat, cap, scarf or your banner??
« Reply #167 on: July 23, 2011, 11:17:41 pm »
Do you know what I have read so many trite remarks and drivel on here and on Facebook about how it was all her own fault/drugs etc etc and then I think to myself are we going to judge any Red on here who might have a problem with an addiction ie drugs/drink/sex/abuse/greed/gambling I bet we won't but because the girl was high profile we feel it is ok to judge her?
Without appearing to be a bible bashing knob there is a great story in said book where a young lady had been caught messing about in a sexual manner and the hordes were about to chuck half bricks at her and teach her a blimmin good lesson and JC stood there and just said
"Hang on a minute lads put yer halfie's down and look at yourselves and if any of yer have never done anything wrong then go ead get stuck in and give her a good pounding"
Alas all said well ard lads thought about it and promptly did one up the nearest alleyway and away from the brick throwing competition!
Have a think before you comment on other peoples misfortunes chaps and chapesses - sermon over x
Keegan to Smith to Keegan and Newcastle were undressed!!!!!
Wembley Stadium May 1974 - as a 12 year old flared, stack shoed Alsop Comp LFC diehard. The joy!!

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #168 on: July 23, 2011, 11:23:02 pm »
Do you know what I have read so many trite remarks and drivel on here and on Facebook about how it was all her own fault/drugs etc etc and then I think to myself are we going to judge any Red on here who might have a problem with an addiction ie drugs/drink/sex/abuse/greed/gambling I bet we won't but because the girl was high profile we feel it is ok to judge her?
Without appearing to be a bible bashing knob there is a great story in said book where a young lady had been caught messing about in a sexual manner and the hordes were about to chuck half bricks at her and teach her a blimmin good lesson and JC stood there and just said
"Hang on a minute lads put yer halfie's down and look at yourselves and if any of yer have never done anything wrong then go ead get stuck in and give her a good pounding"
Alas all said well ard lads thought about it and promptly did one up the nearest alleyway and away from the brick throwing competition!
Have a think before you comment on other peoples misfortunes chaps and chapesses - sermon over x

Yep well said.  She's obviously battled against the addiction, but couldn't beat it.  RIP

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2011, 11:58:37 pm »
Not a surprise. When you're heavily involved in drugs then it's hard to feel sorry for someone but we don't know the full story and what trials she was facing in her life. I never like to hear of someone's death.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2011, 12:07:13 am »
Sad for her family.

After so long struggling it seemed that she might be turning a corner and beating her demons but sadly they overtook her.

For all her troubles she seemed like a lovely person and I think some of her work spoke volumes about the issues some have with alocohol, drugs and self esteem.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline lauraRED

• Anny Roader
« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2011, 12:12:14 am »
We all have our demons in one way or another, the difference is we are not in the public eye, how many of you would be able to deal with that? Who am I to judge, at least she is free now

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2011, 12:33:47 am »
Another good talent gone at 27

RIP Amy
Had to be aged 27 didn't it?

Fuck! Why do all the craziest music stars go then?

Can't believe it, really wanted to hear more of her music.
Part of the 27 club...shame

RIP, very sad news.

Remember writing this a couple of years ago about the '27 club'

At the age of only 27 The Doors front man Jim Morrison sadly died.
A life time of his poetry and his thoughts, the world was cruelly denied.
What is it about the age 27, when so many people had to leave us and
go?
They left behind a world wanting more, a world that cried out for another
show.
When he also just 27, the ‘Stones’ founder Brian Jones tragically passed
away.
And Kurt Cobain at that same age decided he just couldn’t face another day.
Hendrix, Alan Wilson and Janis Joplin also died; they were all just 27 years
of age.
More lurid headlines for the writers to come up with, and splash all over their
front page.
All that special talent wasted, so sad to see all those tortured young people
dead.
All their lives claimed when they were just 27, a whole lifetime for them
still ahead.

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2011, 01:07:44 am »
Real shame this, I thought she was getting a bit better. She certainly looked healthier in the latest photies of her. Great talent, RIP.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2011, 01:18:26 am »
I feel sorry for both.   

The 92 lost souls in Norway are absolutely tragic.  Those young people were off for a fun weekend regardless of their political view point, and were struck down by a mad man.

Amy also died in miserable circumstances.  She's been known to suffer from alcohol and drug related problems for some time.  Sadly, the tabloid press has been on her case whenever they could.  Shame on them.

I'm not pitting one against the other here.  I seriously feel for the relatives of those who have lost loved ones in Norway, and feel for Amy's relatives and friends.

In no way should these 2 incidents be turned into a death popularity contest.  If that is the case, we should talk about the famine as well.  That would make it a real contest. 

At the end of the day, every story is sad when thought about individually.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:23:49 am by Fanxxxxtastic »
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2011, 01:19:59 am »
Sad news when anyone dies. Feel for the families of lost ones

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2011, 01:21:39 am »
Sad news when anyone dies. Feel for the families of lost ones

Pretty much that.
No mother should bury their child.
That's the bottom line. RIP.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:41:21 am by 1021 »
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2011, 01:49:05 am »
Such a shame. I wasn't a big fan, eventhough I thought she had a reasonable voice and some good songs, but the death of anyone at the age of 27 is terrible. Addiction, to anything, is an awful thing to have to live through and as awful for anyone who has to live with an addicted friend/family member. Saw a picture of her when she was in school and man she was a stunner:

I think I'd like to remember her as the person in that, than the druggie/waste of life/27 club member that I'm sure the media will be peddaling her as. RIP Amy.

Offline boltongirl

• Speech impaired sworn enemy of Corkboy
  • Main Stander
  • Wanderer
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2011, 01:55:04 am »
RIP Amy, amazing voice. Hope she is at peace. Bloody shame.
"I played for England whilst playing for Bolton, I won the FA Cup with Bolton, I was on the same money as anywhere else and we have the best fans in the world." - Nat Lofthouse

Offline czepiec10

• Main Stander
  • 96 Gone but not forgotten.
« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2011, 01:57:31 am »
What annoys me most is that what the public know of Winehouse is the picture painted by the tabliods.
As a country we take their word on celebrities life styles etc.

She had an adiction, but was obviously a troubled girl, deserves better than she got by the media etc.
Very talented musician.

But we don't/won't know the half of how bad she was and how much help she refuse etc.

RIP Amy
We are liverpool

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2011, 02:18:42 am »
I know, I know. But you can bring it onto yourself, can't you. It's harder to feel sorry for someone who has made their own mess.

No one who starts on the road of drug use will ever think it's going to kill them.  I really think towards the end it wasn't a conscious choice she was making.

I'd mourn someone who commited suicide or died from a smoking related disease as much as I'd mourn someone killed by a murderer or an accident. I don't think I'd be able to quantify the difference. Death is death.

Offline Hendrix

• Boys Pen
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2011, 02:47:03 am »
I don't post often but feel compelled to tonight reading some very judgemental opinions on addiction. I was a heroin addict of 5 years which started through no more than one really shit decision from myself as a 16 year old. Thankfully I have now been 14 years clean but know that without the patience and understanding of the family and friends around me my story could well have been far different than the one I can tell now.  This is probably a shit post but I would like to offer my opinion to anyone who doesn't understand what an addiction is and how it can grip an individual. I'm willing to answer any questions about my experiences. RIP Amy.   

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2011, 02:52:21 am »
But surely when you take heroin, you know that shits bad. You know what you're in for and as much as she was loaded (as to never find money issues from it) she must have known she was going to go downhill. Influence or not, you can still say no.

So are cigarettes. Have you never done anything bad for you?

Heroin and crack dont fuck about. It's full blown addiction within a short period of time.

She tried to counter it with rehab. But, that's only part of the battle.

For the record, I thought she was a top vocalist and strong songwriter. It's probably the addict in me, but her words resonated with me.

I honestly believe that she was a shining light in the myriad of shite that is popular music and will be replaced with more banal drivel that will do fuck all for soul music unlike her two albums which breated life into the genre.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2011, 03:10:17 am »
People posting things like 'get some perspective, Norway is the real tragedy' - your inability to feel compassion for a single human being means your compassion for many is merely fraudulent.

Brilliantly and poetically put mate

Offline Hendrix

• Boys Pen
« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2011, 03:22:07 am »
I have no idea what Amy's path into drug addiction took. All I can say say is that from my experience one single toot of heroin is enough to hook anyone without some nouse to know any better, it then takes one hell of an effort to kick that feeling that it gives.

Offline DaftKev

• Anny Roader
« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2011, 03:59:42 am »
I don't post often but feel compelled to tonight reading some very judgemental opinions on addiction. I was a heroin addict of 5 years which started through no more than one really shit decision from myself as a 16 year old. Thankfully I have now been 14 years clean but know that without the patience and understanding of the family and friends around me my story could well have been far different than the one I can tell now.  This is probably a shit post but I would like to offer my opinion to anyone who doesn't understand what an addiction is and how it can grip an individual. I'm willing to answer any questions about my experiences. RIP Amy.   

That is definitely not a shit post.

Addiction is a complex issue and people would do well to remember that.

Patience and understanding of family and friends shouldn't be underestimated - not everyone is so fortunate to have that benefit - and addiction is generally subject to a complex set of circumstances, whatever the drug.

Thanks for offering to share your experience - information beats propaganda hands-down.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:17:24 am by DaftKev »

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2011, 05:12:43 am »
Aye, addiction is horrible, no matter what. For the record i wasn't a fan, but I know a lot of people who were. It's a shame.

I feel kinda bad, i was watching the bill hicks show which he does the "play from your fucking heart" bit and totally agree with him, but it's the other side of the same coin that's sad. I think people underestimate how bad the music business can be on people.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2011, 06:01:13 am »
Really sad.
It seems like some talented people are good at singing or making music, but are not so good in handling the pressure of living in the spotlight.

Offline redway101

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2011, 06:09:19 am »
You aren't born addicted to anything.

You do however develop psychological disorders that lead to addiction and in many cases this explains the underlying addictive personality. In her case she was dealing with eating disorders before she became famous. It's pretty clear that for a minority of people fame and wealth is actually the last thing they need.

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2011, 06:17:53 am »
Not a surprise, but sad nevertheless. Addiction is a terrible thing.
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

hoonin

« Reply #190 on: July 24, 2011, 07:32:43 am »
Respect to Hendrix for  his posts.

No idea how hard it must be have an addiction to hard drugs. Equally I have no idea why some feel the need to be so self-righteous (Connie) towards those that do. Very Daily Mail that.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: July 24, 2011, 09:28:56 am »
Great voice. A real shame.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #192 on: July 24, 2011, 09:55:44 am »
Poor lass - those before and after pics hammer home just what a mess she'd got herself into. Tried to turn herself around too but couldn't quite manage it. Some good memories from hearing her sing live.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #193 on: July 24, 2011, 10:04:04 am »
Fuckin ell, such a sad weekend

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #194 on: July 24, 2011, 10:42:19 am »
Very, very sad. What a terrible week and a terrible world we live in.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline sisterbliss

• Legacy Fan
  • Out now The Goodison Persecution Complex
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2011, 11:47:57 am »
'Walk a few miles in my shoes' springs to mind to some and their judgemental views on this issue.

RIP Amy I hope you have found your peace.
Try to sit on the fence and you're quickly exposed as a fraud, hiding your true feelings but fooling no one.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: July 24, 2011, 12:00:19 pm »
If you are rich you have a drug habit.
If you are poor you have a drug problem.

RIP.
There is some point to this post. Many wealthy people manage a "drug habit", simply because they have the cash and contacts to obtain a clean supply.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: July 24, 2011, 12:17:59 pm »
Sad to hear,

RIP.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: July 24, 2011, 12:35:52 pm »
Heroin is fucking evil.

It'd be nice to think that such a high profile, sad and unnecessary death would highlight how badly we, as a society, are dealing with heroin addiction and show that the powers that be need a massive rethink on how they approach addiction.

However, the judgemental, sheltered, misinformed idiots will always prevail. I'm loath to say it and I feel like I'm lowering myself to the gutter level of the ignorant, but sometimes I'd like to see the "just say no" brigade have to bury their loved ones as a result of drug addiction, I'd wager that your attitude would change then.

Take away the voice, the fame, the tabloid shit; a family has lost their daughter and a 27 year old girl has died. Its just sad.

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #199 on: July 24, 2011, 01:01:56 pm »
Real shame. :(

R.I.P. Amy
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \