Author Topic: Formula 1 2024 season  (Read 29796 times)

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Formula 1 2024 season
« Reply #240 on: February 22, 2024, 01:17:54 pm »
Last year's pole time was a 1:29.708.

As a comparison to last year, Zhou was fastest on Day 2 with a 1.31.610 so they're already a second beyond that.  Fastest testing time overall was a 1.30.305 by Perez on Day 3.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #241 on: February 22, 2024, 01:30:00 pm »
If it helps, both Norris and Sainz beat Verstappens time on the C3 today

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: February 22, 2024, 01:32:24 pm »
If it helps, both Norris and Sainz beat Verstappens time on the C3 today

Yeah but they were on the C4 tyre.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: February 22, 2024, 01:33:35 pm »
No. Sainz did another time on the C4. Before that he managed a good time on the C3

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: February 22, 2024, 03:44:49 pm »
No. Sainz did another time on the C4. Before that he managed a good time on the C3

Ah okay.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: February 22, 2024, 04:07:15 pm »
Things look a little more positive on race sim pace.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2024, 07:50:18 am »
Things look a little more positive on race sim pace.
Just read an article which says Sainz would have finished 60s ahead of Perez in the race given their times in race simulation. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2024, 08:48:55 am »
The more I think about Hamilton going to Ferrari the more bonkers it seems to me. If he is frustrated with Mercedes tactics during a race he will be tearing his hair out at Ferrari's goings on. I just don't get why he would do it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2024, 08:59:02 am »
The more I think about Hamilton going to Ferrari the more bonkers it seems to me. If he is frustrated with Mercedes tactics during a race he will be tearing his hair out at Ferrari's goings on. I just don't get why he would do it.
Has he said that?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2024, 09:04:56 am »
Has he said that?

He's kicked off a number of times during races, has he not?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2024, 09:12:59 am »
It was a serious question, I thought maybe he had said something about that but clearly not.

Yes he has criticised some of the Mercedes tactics during races (rightly so in some instances) but I doubt that has played a major part in his decsion. The lure of wanting to drive for Ferrari (unfortunately) is probbaly the over-riding factor but it wouldn't surprise me if he was also a bit disappointed that Mercedes ignored him when it came to developing the car.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #251 on: February 23, 2024, 09:14:38 am »
I think every driver gets frustrated on comms to an extent, especially those who are expected to perform well. Lewis is no different, but yeah if Ferrari continue to pull the same ridiculous tactical shit they've been pulling for the last decade Hamilton will have a fucking stroke by mid season. You'd imagine Ferrari know this too and will try to get their house in order
YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #252 on: February 23, 2024, 09:24:46 am »
yes

I dont think its that bonkers a move though, as unexpected as it may be
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: February 23, 2024, 09:29:41 am »

Little rumours emerging Newey could be going to Ferrari.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #254 on: February 23, 2024, 09:32:13 am »
Little rumours emerging Newey could be going to Ferrari.

Wow. Now that would be serious news. He is paid a fortune at Red Bull - more than drivers I think I read somewhere.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: February 23, 2024, 09:36:03 am »
Wow. Now that would be serious news. He is paid a fortune at Red Bull - more than drivers I think I read somewhere.

Ferrari would be able to afford it. Easily.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: February 23, 2024, 09:44:54 am »
It was a serious question, I thought maybe he had said something about that but clearly not.

Yes he has criticised some of the Mercedes tactics during races (rightly so in some instances) but I doubt that has played a major part in his decsion. The lure of wanting to drive for Ferrari (unfortunately) is probbaly the over-riding factor but it wouldn't surprise me if he was also a bit disappointed that Mercedes ignored him when it came to developing the car.

Yes, I am guessing its the pull of driving for Ferrari more than anything else.

If it's true that Newey is going to Ferrari, not sure how I feel about it. For one thing he basically said he'd stay at Red Bull despite the situation with Horner, if he goes so quickly afterwards it would imply that may have something to do with him leaving.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: February 23, 2024, 12:15:09 pm »
Don't watch F1 but saw Romesh / Beckett do couple of episodes. Toto Wolff came across very well.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: February 23, 2024, 03:10:28 pm »
Still haven't topped last year's Day 3 fastest time.  Only by 17 thousandths but still...
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: February 23, 2024, 04:09:43 pm »
Well, that was anticlimatic...
My Twitter

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: February 23, 2024, 04:24:56 pm »

That's what she said

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #261 on: February 23, 2024, 04:37:01 pm »

Might as well close the thread on that

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #262 on: February 24, 2024, 01:28:49 pm »
Just started watching the new series of Drive to Survive. Santa Claus asking horner's kids if daddy has been a good boy this year  :lmao
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: February 28, 2024, 09:00:40 am »
The size difference in cars from Rb1 to RB20

https://x.com/F1GuyDan/status/1762555120791818666?s=20

The tracks aren't made for such huge cars hence imo why races are often boring.

I know cars have to be bigger for no refueling, saftey and hybrid reasons. But you can't tell me they couldn't be smaller than they are.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #264 on: February 28, 2024, 09:04:29 am »
Cars in general seem to have got a lot bigger over the years. But yeah f1 cars really need to get a lot smaller, after all those designing them are smart people and I'm sure they could manage it.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: February 28, 2024, 09:16:36 am »
Christian Horner will not attend the Team Principals Press Conference on Thursday.

It will feature Frederic Vasseur, Zak Brown, Toto Wolff and Laurent Mekies.

The results of the investigation into alleged misconduct by Horner are expected to be announced on Wednesday.

Jeppe H. Olesen
@jeppe_olesen
Some context: For at least the last 10 years, the TP of the defending champions has been present at the first press conference of the season.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #266 on: February 28, 2024, 11:47:10 am »
Had a look at the race calendar, & it's ridiculous, 24 races with the last one in December, had a look when Nigel Mansell won the championship in 92 & that was only a 16 race season, do think it should be 18 or 20 race season.
#Sausages

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: February 28, 2024, 11:55:55 am »
Yeah it is way too many

20 is probably even too much

but that should be the max

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: February 28, 2024, 12:05:25 pm »
F1 does need to look at the calendar. Drivers have stated it's too many. Martin Brundle started scaling back the number of Grand Prix he attends a couple of years ago when the calendar started getting bigger and bigger. Crofty (as annoying as he is) will not be at all of the races this year either. Makes you wonder how many people from the engineering divisions of the F1 teams step away from the sport too because of the demands.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #269 on: February 28, 2024, 12:55:22 pm »
I'd be interested (sort of) to know how many people do all the races. I'd imagine it's not many at all.

Having qatar and vegas on successive weeks with a 12 hour time difference is simply wrong though. Nobody should be asked to deal with that.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #270 on: February 28, 2024, 01:00:40 pm »
I've only just realised the race is on Saturday at 3pm. Great planning.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: February 28, 2024, 02:04:44 pm »
F1 does need to look at the calendar. Drivers have stated it's too many. Martin Brundle started scaling back the number of Grand Prix he attends a couple of years ago when the calendar started getting bigger and bigger. Crofty (as annoying as he is) will not be at all of the races this year either. Makes you wonder how many people from the engineering divisions of the F1 teams step away from the sport too because of the demands.
even in the 16-17 races season its hard.

Read an interview with some truckie from Stewart gp in their first season in 1997. Asked what he hated about the season, the quote f1 racing put in was "working his bollicks off". Season was over, said he still hadnt had a beer since monaco to celebrate Barrichello coming 2nd.

I suppose back in the day some teams tested non stop so it was always hard work.

Would hear some serious work going on, Arrows at the 1998 Belgian GP, Think Salo wrecked a car in quali, and Diniz did too. Mechanics were up til 2am sunday morning repairing and up again to start at 5am

I'd be interested (sort of) to know how many people do all the races. I'd imagine it's not many at all.

Having qatar and vegas on successive weeks with a 12 hour time difference is simply wrong though. Nobody should be asked to deal with that.

That is ridiculous. Are they wanting people to drop dead? But sure so long as some suit gets a few million who cares.......wrong

I always think they should adjust the calendar so that races are geographically close where possible

There are three races in America for instance, one though in May, one in October and one in November, have them all together.

Have Imola and Monza close together too
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 02:08:23 pm by paulrazor »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: February 28, 2024, 02:57:27 pm »
I've only just realised the race is on Saturday at 3pm. Great planning.

Yeah. Practice tomorrow. Quali Friday 4pm

Same for the next race I think

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #273 on: February 28, 2024, 02:58:21 pm »
Szafnauer's said F1 could do 30 races with remote working and planning.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #274 on: February 28, 2024, 02:59:16 pm »
I'm not quoting all that.

But I think the reason they don't have races close like that is the fear of competing against themselves.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: February 28, 2024, 03:01:09 pm »
Times Sport

@TimesSport
·
1m
Christian Horner is set to be cleared of misconduct by an independent Red Bull investigation after allegations that the team principal acted inappropriately towards a female employee.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #276 on: February 28, 2024, 03:04:48 pm »
More races and less competitive is not a good combo. If it goes as expected both titles are going to be practically won with about 10 races left.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #277 on: February 28, 2024, 03:22:09 pm »
Yeah. Practice tomorrow. Quali Friday 4pm

Same for the next race I think
Gonna be fun trying to watch the football with F1 on in the background.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: February 28, 2024, 03:24:20 pm »
Gonna be fun trying to watch the football with F1 on in the background.
fuck that

watch a repeat at night of the f1

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #279 on: February 28, 2024, 03:33:28 pm »
fuck that

watch a repeat at night of the f1

Nah. I will be creating my armchair command centre