Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 593191 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3040 on: June 9, 2018, 11:31:53 pm »
If you actually read my whole post, you would see that EVERYONE is a 50/50 option for each starting XI, and this is a good thing as it means that we can rest/rotate/cover injuries and change our tactical setup for each and every game.

Lallana is integral to our team (or if you want to be pedantic, to our squad), as when fit, he is clearly one of the starting options for the attacking midfield role(s).

The only chance Lallana has to start is if Oxlade-Chamberlain wasnt available. He will start the season first choice but he has very little time left at Liverpool.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3041 on: June 10, 2018, 02:17:47 am »
I don’t think they’ve said which ligament. I’ve seen ACL mentioned, but that’s just guess work.

Hasn’t been specified but the PCL is commonly caused by heavy front on contact which is why I think it’s PCL. ACL is more commonly caused by a twist or hyper extension which didn’t look like it occurred.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3042 on: June 10, 2018, 02:52:48 am »
It's amusing how people automatically assume that Fabinho,Keita [and Fekir if we sign him] will automatically settle in without any time needed to 1. settle into the league 2. settle in the city and county 3. and more importantly learn the system and roles which will be a bit different than what they used to.

As if this is FM, where everything clicks right away. People forget for instance, that it took Ox a couple of months before he was fully settled here, despite already playing in England all of his career.

So to get rid of the players who have several years under Klopp whilst bringing an entire new midfield, is just absurd on it's own.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3043 on: June 10, 2018, 03:18:48 am »
It's amusing how people automatically assume that Fabinho,Keita [and Fekir if we sign him] will automatically settle in without any time needed to 1. settle into the league 2. settle in the city and county 3. and more importantly learn the system and roles which will be a bit different than what they used to.

As if this is FM, where everything clicks right away. People forget for instance, that it took Ox a couple of months before he was fully settled here, despite already playing in England all of his career.

So to get rid of the players who have several years under Klopp whilst bringing an entire new midfield, is just absurd on it's own.

It is nice that Keita and Fab will have a full preseason

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3044 on: June 10, 2018, 03:30:15 am »
It is nice that Keita and Fab will have a full preseason

Yes absolutely, that still doesn't mean that they will get to the grips with the pace of the league right away.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3045 on: June 10, 2018, 03:58:02 am »

An entirely new midfield? Are we selling Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Oxlade a Lallana....that would be silly because that would be relying on the three you mentioned to hit the ground running.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3046 on: June 10, 2018, 08:59:17 am »
An entirely new midfield? Are we selling Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Oxlade a Lallana....that would be silly because that would be relying on the three you mentioned to hit the ground running.

No we are not, but 3 players, all who could form a new midfield on their own and start in a match without the others involved.  Perhaps I should have elaborated. The point is, they aren't guaranteed to settled in right way and be efficient for us just like that. It would be foolish to sell players who have the experience of playing within the system just yet.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #3047 on: June 10, 2018, 11:52:52 am »

You are right. It is computer gaming logic. It will take a while for a team of human beings to gell. 

You are also right to underline the time it will take to learn how to play our way. One of the things Klopp likes about Lallana was how quickly he took to counter pressing. we are lucky that Adam is healthy just as Ox is out for a prolonged period.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3048 on: June 10, 2018, 12:39:16 pm »

This thread is about Lallana, and he wasn't really part of the team last season anyway.
Henderson and Gini are a different matter, so don't put them in the same category

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3049 on: June 10, 2018, 01:07:49 pm »

When you're 12 you can do what you like, mate
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3050 on: June 10, 2018, 01:23:51 pm »
This thread is about Lallana, and he wasn't really part of the team last season anyway.
Henderson and Gini are a different matter, so don't put them in the same category

Jesus christ, it's mentioned because people have been talking about us having a bloated midfield and that Lallana [or someone else] should be moved on. Regardless if it's Lallana or Milner or Gini, it doesn't really mater, the bloody point is that there are no guarantees whatsoever how Fabinho and Keita will adjust and how long that will take.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3051 on: June 10, 2018, 01:26:43 pm »
He has had regular injuries since he has been here. Its a bit crap that Oxlade-Chamberlain got injured because using him sparingly would have been great to keep him acailable for longer.

We cannot rely on him though.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3052 on: June 10, 2018, 01:29:32 pm »
He has had regular injuries since he has been here. Its a bit crap that Oxlade-Chamberlain got injured because using him sparingly would have been great to keep him acailable for longer.

If we can't rely on him, why is he still here? Why keep a player you can't rely on? Klopp clearly thinks he can rely on him.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3053 on: June 10, 2018, 01:30:36 pm »
If we can't rely on him, why is he still here?

Because there still needs to be a level of transition in players. I fully believe this could be the last year for Milner and possibly Lallana. Lallana is definitely going if he gets another big injury.

We cannot just make wholesale changes to the squad at the same time. Bring in our targets and slowly phase out these players.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3054 on: June 10, 2018, 01:33:46 pm »

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3055 on: June 10, 2018, 01:36:03 pm »
Worry about next year when it rolls around.

In the here and now, Lallana has a part to play - potentially a big one if we're going to compete on four fronts this season. 

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3056 on: June 10, 2018, 01:46:38 pm »
Worry about next year when it rolls around.

In the here and now, Lallana has a part to play - potentially a big one if we're going to compete on four fronts this season.

He certainly has a part to play till he gets another injury. Which is more certain that Fekir's knee exploding. He's a good player Lallana but he needs to stay fit now. I've never heard "he's like a new signing" more than it's been said about Lallana when returning from his bimonthly injury.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #3057 on: June 10, 2018, 02:18:23 pm »
The only chance Lallana has to start is if Oxlade-Chamberlain wasnt available. He will start the season first choice but he has very little time left at Liverpool.

Oye can your weird crystal ball give me next years Grand National winner as well ?

A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3058 on: June 10, 2018, 06:03:22 pm »
He certainly has a part to play till he gets another injury. Which is more certain that Fekir's knee exploding. He's a good player Lallana but he needs to stay fit now. I've never heard "he's like a new signing" more than it's been said about Lallana when returning from his bimonthly injury.
I keep seeing this, but he’s made the same number of appearances under Klopp as Henderson and more than Clyne, who have both been at the club the same amount of time. Yet no-one calls them injury prone or talks about selling them.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3059 on: June 10, 2018, 07:07:46 pm »
Some people really don't know how highly Klopp rates Adam do they.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3060 on: June 10, 2018, 08:06:18 pm »
I keep seeing this, but he’s made the same number of appearances under Klopp as Henderson and more than Clyne, who have both been at the club the same amount of time. Yet no-one calls them injury prone or talks about selling them.

Eh? Clyne has had one bad injury. And people do say Henderson is becoming injury prone. They also aren't the wrong side of 30.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3061 on: June 10, 2018, 08:55:20 pm »
Eh? Clyne has had one bad injury. And people do say Henderson is becoming injury prone. They also aren't the wrong side of 30.
It’s irrelvant how many injuries Clyne has had, he’s been first choice right back for years yet ‘injury probe’ Lallana has made more appearances than him.

You’ve not mentioned Lallana’s age in the post I responded to, only his injuries, you’re moving the goalposts. He’s just turned 30, not 35.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3062 on: June 10, 2018, 09:46:11 pm »
Lallana is fucking boss. Probably most of the most talented players in the team and judging by his klopp, Trent etc talk about him, they basically see him as pretty much a genius.

The question is, will he get back to being fit.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3063 on: June 10, 2018, 10:13:06 pm »

Probably. He's never really had problems with injuries before this year has he?

He's the sort of player who will never quite get going without a proper pre-season, so this year he was always either gonna be pretty naff or re-injured (or, sadly - both). Proper pre-season next year and I reckon we get another good year from him - this time next year is probably the time to be starting the "is it time to replace him in the squad" sort of chatter.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3064 on: June 10, 2018, 10:19:03 pm »
Lallana is fucking boss. Probably most of the most talented players in the team and judging by his klopp, Trent etc talk about him, they basically see him as pretty much a genius.

He is boss. I still maintain he’s the most technically gifted English footballer I’ve seen. He knows how to press. He’s also pretty relentless. He’s intelligent.

There is no way, if Lallana is fit at the start of next season, that he’s not the first name on the team sheet. He’s genuinely that good and he genuinely epitomises the spirit of this team that much.

“If hes fit” at the start of the season.

I hope he is, he’s going to have a proper summer to get ready for football, he hasn’t played much recently, but once hes up to match sharpness, he’ll be one of our most productive players once again.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3065 on: June 10, 2018, 10:26:33 pm »
Because there still needs to be a level of transition in players. I fully believe this could be the last year for Milner and possibly Lallana. Lallana is definitely going if he gets another big injury.

We cannot just make wholesale changes to the squad at the same time. Bring in our targets and slowly phase out these players.

Nothing personal, like but the lack of compassion on here sometimes for players having a run of rotten luck with injuries really does my head in.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3066 on: June 10, 2018, 10:52:03 pm »
Nothing personal, like but the lack of compassion on here sometimes for players having a run of rotten luck with injuries really does my head in.

Fortunately, our boss has compassion...and a brain. He calls Adam 'a genius' regularly, loves him and is probably, secretly, made up he's missed out on the World Cup. A full pre season, with his new and old team mates will see him right. I hope his injuries are a thing of the past and if they are, he plays most games, particularly early doors. Who knows, the rest may have done him a power of good and we get an extra year out of him.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3067 on: June 10, 2018, 11:29:26 pm »

What compassion would you like me to show?

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3068 on: June 11, 2018, 12:29:53 am »
He is boss. I still maintain he’s the most technically gifted English footballer I’ve seen. He knows how to press. He’s also pretty relentless. He’s intelligent.

There is no way, if Lallana is fit at the start of next season, that he’s not the first name on the team sheet. He’s genuinely that good and he genuinely epitomises the spirit of this team that much.

“If hes fit” at the start of the season.

I hope he is, he’s going to have a proper summer to get ready for football, he hasn’t played much recently, but once hes up to match sharpness, he’ll be one of our most productive players once again.

Completely agree.

Insane the shouts to sell him, that's before taking into account exactly how highly Klopp rates him. Not happening.

Only issue is the injuries. Expect he'll be working on building fitness throughout the summer ahead of pre-season. Give him a solid pre-season and if he's fit come game one I'll have a bet with anyone that he starts it. A fit, sharp Lallana in the midfield with Fabinho and Keita behind our front three....   :lickin

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3069 on: June 11, 2018, 12:19:43 pm »
Surely all this 'sell Lallana' chat will die down a bit now that the Fekir move has gone to shit.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3070 on: June 11, 2018, 12:26:05 pm »

We have enough options to get through a transition period. Milner, Wijnaldum and Henderson are still with us. We could easily play two of them and one of Keita/Fabinho. But we also need to expect Keita and Fabinho to play fairly big roles for us. I think both will be involved (pitch or bench) right from the start and gradually we'll see more and more of them. Some time in October I believe both of them will start most games.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3071 on: June 11, 2018, 12:29:10 pm »
Some time in October I believe both of them will start most games.
They're coming in for the beginning of pre-season with no World Cup. They'll both start the opening day of the season if fit.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3072 on: June 11, 2018, 12:49:44 pm »
Because he's such a pleasure to watch I want to keep him for mainly selfish reasons. Be interesting to see if he's still here come August, and how much that injury-plagued year has affected him.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3073 on: June 11, 2018, 12:54:34 pm »
They're coming in for the beginning of pre-season with no World Cup. They'll both start the opening day of the season if fit.
Keita, certainly. With Oxlade-Chamberlain out, there's no-one else in the team who can come even halfway close to replicating what he offers to the team on both sides of the ball.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #3074 on: June 11, 2018, 01:01:40 pm »
Because he's such a pleasure to watch I want to keep him for mainly selfish reasons. Be interesting to see if he's still here come August, and how much that injury-plagued year has affected him.

He will be. Very useful squad player for years ahead. Can't rely on him as a starter though with his injury record these past 1.5 years.
Linudden.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3075 on: June 11, 2018, 01:06:45 pm »
We have enough options to get through a transition period. Milner, Wijnaldum and Henderson are still with us. We could easily play two of them and one of Keita/Fabinho. But we also need to expect Keita and Fabinho to play fairly big roles for us. I think both will be involved (pitch or bench) right from the start and gradually we'll see more and more of them. Some time in October I believe both of them will start most games.
We could, and then expect as many draws as the previous season. Unless the front 3 are at the top of their game each and every time, we need more creativity from the midfield. With AOC out, and Fekir possibly (likely?) not coming, Lallana is our best midfielder in attack, far better than Milner, Henderson or Wijnaldum. I expect Keita to start right away, same with Fabinho really, but out of the current options Lallana makes the most sense beside them. He too will get a full pre season, knows Klopp's system fully, and is the best goalscorer of the midfielders we've got. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start plenty of games at the start of the season.

But sure, we could sell him, especially if Fekir does come, but I still struggle to see why. Any new player who arrives late will take a bit of time to adapt, so I'd still rather have Lallana around for at least another season. I don't want us to "get through a transition period", I want us to challange for the title. If that is our goal, having Lallana is better than not having him, even if he ends up playing just 10 games.

Offline ArthurDent

• Knows where his towel is!
  • Kopite
« Reply #3076 on: June 11, 2018, 01:40:24 pm »
Assuming Fabinho and Keita will be filling the holding and box-to-box midfield roles repectively, that leaves either of Lallana or Oxlade-Chamberlain to fill the 3rd place, which makes it more or less Lallana's to own for the first 6 months. At the moment anyhow.
"Stop thinking about money. Only think about football." Jürgen Klopp 9th Oct 2015.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3077 on: June 11, 2018, 02:01:24 pm »
Assuming Fabinho and Keita will be filling the holding and box-to-box midfield roles repectively, that leaves either of Lallana or Oxlade-Chamberlain to fill the 3rd place, which makes it more or less Lallana's to own for the first 6 months. At the moment anyhow.
Keita can play more advanced, and Henderson is club captain.

You're right though, Ox-Chambo's injury does leave the door open for Lallana, for now at least.

Offline Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #3078 on: June 11, 2018, 02:21:15 pm »
Would be amazed if we even consider an offer, was unreal the season before last and if he was fit last season would have been a great option. Look forward to having him back and hopefully at full fitnes

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3079 on: June 11, 2018, 02:22:44 pm »
Keita can play more advanced, and Henderson is club captain.

You're right though, Ox-Chambo's injury does leave the door open for Lallana, for now at least.

What does that have to do with anything ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill