Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 887205 times)

Online KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #5920 on: January 23, 2022, 03:59:54 pm »
Had a good game today. I couldn’t watch his penalty though.

Neither could I, closed my eyes and felt violently ill.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5921 on: January 23, 2022, 04:02:05 pm »
How will Liverpool cope during AFCON???

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5922 on: January 23, 2022, 04:03:21 pm »
Had a good game today. I couldn’t watch his penalty though.
Neither could I. The last time I was this nervous before a pen was against Chelsea in 2007 in the ucl semis.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #5923 on: January 23, 2022, 04:12:36 pm »
Goal machine.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5924 on: January 23, 2022, 05:01:49 pm »
Neither could I. The last time I was this nervous before a pen was against Chelsea in 2007 in the ucl semis.

I'll be honest I wasn't nervous at all, I expected him to score it. I'm far more nervous when Mo takes them as I expect the keeper to save them, even though he scores far more than he misses
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #5925 on: January 23, 2022, 05:08:26 pm »
Think I heard Gareth Roberts or someone else on TAW say Fab was our top scorer in January? What a phenomenal player.

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #5926 on: January 23, 2022, 05:44:08 pm »
Think I heard Gareth Roberts or someone else on TAW say Fab was our top scorer in January? What a phenomenal player.

Our goal scorers since Mo, Sadio, and Naby left on AFCON duty:

Fabinho - 4
Diogo - 2
Ox - 2
Bobby - 1
Taki - 1
Virgil - 1
Gordon - 1

Some really timely goals from Fabinho (Ox as well). It's just lovely to see.
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5927 on: January 23, 2022, 08:37:42 pm »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5928 on: January 23, 2022, 09:12:31 pm »
He wants the Golden Boot now I guess :P :P :P 8) 8) 8)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5929 on: January 23, 2022, 10:10:27 pm »
When we talk about the critical signings we made that took us to the very top, people always cite Alisson and Van Dijk. I think Fabinho gets overlooked because the fee was lower and there wasn't a long hype cycle / speculation before he joined. But for me, I think Fabinho is in that bracket of transformative signings.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5930 on: January 24, 2022, 11:36:23 pm »
I’ve said this before and I am saying it again … Alisson, Virgil, Fabinho and Mo are our spine. First names on the team sheet. Trent is very close to the Fab Four. The rest we can afford to rotate
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5931 on: January 25, 2022, 12:03:25 am »
Trent isn't an automatic starter? Get away with yerself.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #5932 on: January 25, 2022, 12:29:01 am »
I’ve said this before and I am saying it again … Alisson, Virgil, Fabinho and Mo are our spine. First names on the team sheet. Trent is very close to the Fab Four. The rest we can afford to rotate

Sadio's got to be another. Don't write him off. He's vital to us, And what abah Robbo?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #5933 on: January 25, 2022, 11:58:20 am »
Trent isn't an automatic starter? Get away with yerself.
I think he means that Trent didn't have the same transformational effect as the others did, not that he's not a clear starter.

Trent was pretty quick in becoming indispensable though, he established himself in 2017/18, made improvements with his defending and movement then exploded the following season, jumping from 1 goal and 1 assist to 1 goal 12 assists and has had double digit assists and clean sheets every year since.

Trent being about the place and in the youth teams maybe diminishes the fact that his evolution and continued growth has been every bit as important as some of the signings made.

Agreed re Fabinho though, transformational. There's a reason we got over the line in winning a CL and a League Title after he was signed.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5934 on: January 25, 2022, 01:47:29 pm »
Kelleher isn't a massive drop off to be fair. Virgil is indispensable and we lost Fab for 2 months in 2019/20 and still won the league. Trent is definitely an automatic starter because the drop off is huge when he doesn't play.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 01:49:09 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5935 on: January 25, 2022, 04:16:43 pm »
Interesting discussion. Let's see who has a huge drop-off from our XI

Alisson - Kelleher (decent replacement)
Trent - Neco (Can do a serviceable job, but the problem is Trent is one of our creative hubs, which he cannot replace, but good enough for the Cups)
Matip - Konate (almost like for like)
Virgil - Gomez (Gomez needs run of games to be assessed, which he is not getting, so this could be a question mark. Can do a decent job, but I think we'll lose a bit of organization and aerial superiority here)
Robbo - Tsimikas (good replacement)
Fabi - Hendo (decent replacement, depending on availability of other midfielders)
Hendo - Elliot, Keita, Ox (Elliot could take over long term, just needs to maybe bulk up a bit, and to be assessed after the recovery from injury, Keita, however, needs to improve defensively. Ox can also cover but only to a serviceable extent)
Thiago - Jones (decent replacement)
Salah - Jota, Gordon (Jota is not a literal replacement, but can take over the goal scoring mantle from the left/middle, Gordon can step in for Cup games)
Firmino - Jota, Origi (Jota can do a good job in a different way, Origi - we all know his big moments, but not sure if he can play the role consistently)
Mane - Jota, Minamino (Jota is like for like, Minamino for the Cups)

Looking at that, of all positions, we'd be affected by Virgil's and Trent's absences the most. Also, hope the below combos are never missing together, that would be as big a blow/worse than losing Virgil or Trent

Alisson and Kelleher
Robbo and Tsimi
Fabi and Hendo
Salah and Jota

Anyway, as we are evolving, I don't think we are looking at a definitive spine. We are looking at 11 great players and able replacements for all of them - some like for like, and some with a minor drop-offs.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5936 on: January 25, 2022, 04:20:29 pm »
Sadio's got to be another. Don't write him off. He's vital to us, And what abah Robbo?

True, they are all important, but probably what the poster means is that Jota can play Sadio's role to a high level, and Tsimi can do the Robbo role to a high level, and in other cases, there could be drop-offs.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5937 on: January 27, 2022, 10:10:01 pm »
Edit - he suspended I think - just seen the other thread

Not on the bench for Brazil, at least he won’t get knackered at 9000 feet
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 10:17:15 pm by kavah »

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5938 on: February 10, 2022, 10:10:22 pm »
Thought he was man of the match tonight - which is saying something considering some of the other performances from the likes of Jota and Thiago. Just absolutely everywhere.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5939 on: February 10, 2022, 10:14:08 pm »
Best in the world at what he does.

Online End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5940 on: February 10, 2022, 11:31:18 pm »
He is so important to us , glorious footballer.
No time for caution.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #5941 on: February 10, 2022, 11:41:35 pm »
Thought he was man of the match tonight - which is saying something considering some of the other performances from the likes of Jota and Thiago. Just absolutely everywhere.
Agreed, thought he was absolutely boss and he elevated that in the second half. Towards the end when we were chasing the goal to kill the game, it felt like he was squeezing up the pitch and compressing Leicester’s midfield entirely on his own - every time Leicester tried to start a move in their own half he seemed to win it, successively higher and higher up the pitch.

Him and Thiago are lovely footballers, in different ways. Up there with if I was ranking Klopp’s (or of the Klopp era) greatest signings, I’d go Virg, Mo, Ali and Fabinho as a top four. He’s been transformational really. I always think no wonder we won a league and European Cup after he joined.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5942 on: February 10, 2022, 11:43:47 pm »
I think we may need to begin the cloning process for him for 4 years time.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #5943 on: February 11, 2022, 10:32:00 am »
Robust and agile... The way he dropped deeper back, winning the tackles and recycled the possession quickly was boss.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5944 on: February 11, 2022, 01:58:22 pm »
Robust and agile... The way he dropped deeper back, winning the tackles and recycled the possession quickly was boss.

Does win tackles, but Fab is the perfect illustration of all the elements of defending, not just the tackling...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #5945 on: February 13, 2022, 02:42:11 pm »
Absolute goal machine

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5946 on: February 13, 2022, 02:42:50 pm »
Greatest Brazilian #9!

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5947 on: February 13, 2022, 02:43:34 pm »
Fabigol is back!!!
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5948 on: February 13, 2022, 02:44:24 pm »
Our joint top scorer in 2022.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5949 on: February 13, 2022, 02:48:39 pm »
Goal drought over
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #5950 on: February 13, 2022, 02:49:44 pm »
Well in Flacooo!

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #5951 on: February 13, 2022, 02:51:54 pm »
Ole ole!
Ole ole!
Fab-i-nho-o-o!
Fab-i-nho-o-o!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5952 on: February 13, 2022, 03:56:17 pm »
The greatest Brazilian forward of his generation.

Offline Red Sky at Night

• Main Stander
« Reply #5953 on: February 13, 2022, 03:57:18 pm »
A stalwart in defence and attack......  8)
‘It’s one of the finest exhibitions of football I’ve ever seen in my life… I’ve seen Brazilians play but I’ve never seen the game played at that pace or executed like that.’ - Sir Tom Finney after Liverpool thrashed Nottingham Forest 5-0 in 1988

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5954 on: February 13, 2022, 04:00:39 pm »
Quietly being the best midfielder in the league this year.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5955 on: February 13, 2022, 04:00:46 pm »
Prime Ronaldo has nothing on him.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #5956 on: February 13, 2022, 04:02:29 pm »
He shouldn't play next game. Just to give a chance to Salah, Mane, Jota, Bobby and Luis to score.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5957 on: February 13, 2022, 04:08:08 pm »

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5958 on: February 13, 2022, 04:19:21 pm »
Beautiful man
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5959 on: February 13, 2022, 04:20:14 pm »
Is there anyone better?