Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1891709 times)

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #12280 on: January 16, 2022, 05:00:36 am »

I had to do a double take there. I thought Ronald Koeman had actually signed some Steve Carell look-alike with an earlier Messi haircut, for Barcelona. How the mighty have fallen.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #12281 on: January 18, 2022, 05:28:16 pm »
Scored an absolute belter today
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #12282 on: January 18, 2022, 05:47:52 pm »
He's been the player of the tournament.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #12283 on: January 18, 2022, 05:55:48 pm »
Scored an absolute belter today
  8)

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12284 on: January 18, 2022, 05:58:32 pm »
wow.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12285 on: January 18, 2022, 05:59:33 pm »
That’s what we want!

And defenders not bothering of course ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12286 on: January 18, 2022, 10:47:32 pm »
Nice hit but I dont think the defenders could have made that any easier for him. Like watching a game from the 90s.

Online Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #12287 on: January 19, 2022, 01:49:16 am »
Booked in the last minute so is suspended for the next game apparently, may have played his last game.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12288 on: January 19, 2022, 01:52:25 am »
Booked in the last minute so is suspended for the next game apparently, may have played his last game.

Really? I shouldn't laugh but....that means he will be rested when he returns.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #12289 on: January 19, 2022, 02:10:03 am »

Aah, Naby lad. He'll be gutted though if that happens. I hope they get through to the next round so he can play again. 3 captains at the AFCON makes me dead proud. We're the best fucking club in the world. Full stop.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12290 on: January 19, 2022, 02:31:59 am »
Nice hit but I dont think the defenders could have made that any easier for him. Like watching a game from the 90s.
Or like watching him play against Man Utd?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #12291 on: January 19, 2022, 09:33:39 am »

I’ll never understand the cumulative bookings rule in major tournaments - it’s a punishment out of proportion to the crime and robs the tournament of first choice players

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #12292 on: January 19, 2022, 09:40:12 am »
Seems like a very stupid time to get yourself booked.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #12293 on: January 19, 2022, 10:35:03 am »

Let's hope so. Sooner our lads are back the better. To hell with international competition. Especially during the football season.  ;D
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #12294 on: January 19, 2022, 11:26:34 am »
Thats a cracker. Fair play Naby, fair play...
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12295 on: January 24, 2022, 05:57:45 pm »
Guinea got knocked out. Keita heading home. The suspension was really costly for him.

Offline pa

• humbug
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #12296 on: January 24, 2022, 06:01:08 pm »
Sorry for the result, and welcome home, Naby lad.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 08:36:51 pm by pa »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12297 on: January 24, 2022, 06:23:55 pm »
Great news - can’t wait to see him back … on our bench .. staring out at whoever’s been picked ahead of him that week before being praised in a press conference ;)

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12298 on: January 24, 2022, 06:47:47 pm »
Great news - can’t wait to see him back … on our bench .. staring out at whoever’s been picked ahead of him that week before being praised in a press conference ;)

Even if it is on the bench it makes our options stronger.

Offline Kls89

• Main Stander
« Reply #12299 on: January 24, 2022, 06:57:56 pm »
One back, two to go!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12300 on: January 24, 2022, 08:00:13 pm »
He'll be gutted, Naby. Devestated. He'll need picking up. The boss will sort that.

Offline zadoktBeast

• Main Stander
« Reply #12301 on: January 24, 2022, 08:18:50 pm »
Looks like he was in good form in the Afcon. I've got a bad feeling tho that when his plane lands here, he'll have a mishap in the baggage reclaim hall - his jacket'll get snagged on an unclaimed suitcase and he'll ride the conveyor belt back through the flaps and then accidentally get loaded onto a cargo plane headed for Antarctica. It's just our luck with Naby!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12302 on: January 24, 2022, 08:23:32 pm »
Looks like he was in good form in the Afcon. I've got a bad feeling tho that when his plane lands here, he'll have a mishap in the baggage reclaim hall - his jacket'll get snagged on an unclaimed suitcase and he'll ride the conveyor belt back through the flaps and then accidentally get loaded onto a cargo plane headed for Antarctica. It's just our luck with Naby!

:lmao

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12303 on: January 24, 2022, 08:33:31 pm »
He put in very good performances.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12304 on: January 24, 2022, 08:36:41 pm »

Haha! Poor Naby is our very own Father Larry Duff.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12305 on: January 24, 2022, 08:42:37 pm »
Unlucky Nablf

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12306 on: January 24, 2022, 09:34:01 pm »
Haha! Poor Naby is our very own Father Larry Duff.

He's got a pack of Rottweilers? :o

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12307 on: January 24, 2022, 09:35:56 pm »
well that's just silly isn't it.

he'll trip and go head-first down the steps of the plane, breaking all 4 limbs.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12308 on: January 24, 2022, 10:44:00 pm »
A real contrast to the last AFCON where he was played despite not being fit and seemed to take an age to recover.  It sounds like he'll be coming back with a bit of match sharpness and raring to get going again.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12309 on: January 24, 2022, 11:33:33 pm »
A real contrast to the last AFCON where he was played despite not being fit and seemed to take an age to recover.  It sounds like he'll be coming back with a bit of match sharpness and raring to get going again.

I just hope we get to see a Naby, Fab & Thiago midfield. Intrigued to see how it would operate with three gifted but totally different types of player.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12310 on: January 24, 2022, 11:45:45 pm »
I just hope we get to see a Naby, Fab & Thiago midfield. Intrigued to see how it would operate with three gifted but totally different types of player.

seems like it would be awesome - but a bit slow.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #12311 on: January 25, 2022, 12:01:16 am »
Naby won't be upset about getting knocked out. Liverpool have won max points and have progressed in both cups. That's the only pick-up he needs.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12312 on: January 25, 2022, 12:29:14 am »
They also fit role wises together very well and would likely be best skill set fit together.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12313 on: January 25, 2022, 06:46:37 am »

Only way you ever see this midfield is Henderson is injured. Simple fact is Klopp values Henderson energy and leadership over someone more skilled it seems.

We all know thats probably our best midfield technician wise and football smarts though.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12314 on: January 25, 2022, 07:55:53 am »
Only way you ever see this midfield is Henderson is injured. Simple fact is Klopp values Henderson energy and leadership over someone more skilled it seems.

We all know thats probably our best midfield technician wise and football smarts though.

Leadership shouldn't be underestimated especially away from home. That said, surely Klopp recognises Henderson isn't covering the right flank as well as he used to.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #12315 on: January 25, 2022, 11:11:39 am »
Guinea out of AFCON, Naby will be returning back to the UK in the coming days.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12316 on: January 25, 2022, 11:43:07 am »
Only way you ever see this midfield is Henderson is injured and if Naby is not injured. Simple fact is Klopp values Henderson energy and leadership over someone more skilled it seems.

Corrected for you.

Not intended to slate the guy (I was one of the most excited fans when he was initially linked with us, I was a big fan of him at Leipzig), but that's the reality of where we are. He needs to be more available and for all of Hendo's drop in form, it's not as if Naby can stake a claim regularly because he's secure defensively and would help us hold on to leads. Naby has equally struggled in certain games defensively, if not worse, so he needs to improve there if he wants to be Hendo's successor and stay as one beyond the summer. Jones is looking more probable to stake a claim than him, at the moment. His contract situation is not looking good as well, so will we be bringing a midfielder/or two in, in the summer, is another thing to ponder.

On the ball (if that's what you mean by technique) Naby is superior, yes, but not sure what you mean by 'football smarts'. If that's game intelligence, then I disagree, Hendo has seen through far bigger games and situations with great success than Naby has so far. If that's not game intelligence, what is?

For Klopp, tactical balance is important and we have some fantastic players on the ball already (our CBs, both full-backs, Thiago, maybe even Fabinho and of course front three - whichever combo plays), and our full-backs and front three create a lot of chances, so our CMs do not need to be extraordinarily creative on the ball. That's been the recurring theme of Klopp's Liverpool, regardless of what people may clamour for or fail to acknowledge.

Plus, Hendo's passing ability is extremely under-rated here, and in a lot of places elsewhere as well. Maybe, he should've been Hendinho for people to appreciate him better.

Anyway, it's good to have Naby back and among the options.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 11:45:39 am by PoetryInMotion »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12317 on: January 25, 2022, 12:17:58 pm »

Plus, Hendo's passing ability is extremely under-rated here, and in a lot of places elsewhere as well. Maybe, he should've been Hendinho for people to appreciate him better.

It feels like his passing ability is properly rated to me.
He's a decent passer from deep - nothing earth shattering but good ... and as his career has progressed his judgment of when to recycle possession and when to pass progressively has become generally excellent when not pressed and playing the 6 (I think he's an excellent 6 fwiw)

The issue is that he's not a good final 3rd passer (or ball carrier) and never has been. You don't really ever want him to be your most advanced midfielder.
A couple of years ago his ability to press high helped compensate for this but that's pretty clearly dropped off this season and he now gets bypassed far too much - whether that's age or carrying knocks or being over played its hard to know but its an issue.

As for the overall balance of the side and the role of the midfield I don't think your post takes account of how we've set up this season 
Until we had injuries this season we were playing with a pretty clearly advanced midfielder that was suited to the role, distinctly different from the 19/20 season  - we used Elliot, Keita and Chamberlain to do the job until we didn't have any of them available (or played AOC in the front 3) then Henderson started playing their regularly but he's really not the player you want in that role.

Its hard to know what our best midfield 3 is because it depends on the fixture and because we've seen so much change but its a fair shout that its Fabinho/Thiago + an advanced midfielder and pick your preference between Keita Elliott and Jones

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #12318 on: January 25, 2022, 12:20:48 pm »
It feels like his passing ability is properly rated to me.
He's a decent passer from deep - nothing earth shattering but good ... and as his career has progressed his judgment of when to recycle possession and when to pass progressively has become generally excellent when not pressed and playing the 6 (I think he's an excellent 6 fwiw)

The issue is that he's not a good final 3rd passer (or ball carrier) and never has been.

Plenty of examples in this clip of final 3rd passes that are top draw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su-BPWCyutU
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12319 on: January 25, 2022, 12:34:26 pm »
Plenty of examples in this clip of final 3rd passes that are top draw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su-BPWCyutU

Yes. Thanks. There are lots of clips of Mignolet making saves too.

(before someone jumps in - he's a better final 3rd passer than Mginolet was at saving things...you get the point)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 12:38:16 pm by JackWard33 »