Author Topic: Jose Manuel Reina  (Read 273643 times)

Offline Roslagen

• Legacy Fan
  • What I write is conspiracy nonsense
Re: Jose Manuel Reina
« Reply #2280 on: January 3, 2012, 11:02:10 pm »
Bit of an over reaction really, it's not like he's getting a roasting. People have just casually mentioned that as of late he's not living upto the incredibly high standards he sets himself.

That guy is often OTT when someone criticises a player he likes.

Your description is correct. We're being concerned, because we know what talent he has. I know if I was standing in Liverpool's goal myself I wouldn't catch a shot.
Mourinho to Spurs when Redknapp leaves, was a discussion I had with a friend in the pub last night. Possible.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #2281 on: January 3, 2012, 11:03:46 pm »
I would imagine that Pepe's mind, rather like the rest of the squad and staff tonight, wasn't fully on the game.

Certainly looked like it.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #2282 on: January 3, 2012, 11:04:59 pm »
I don't know what's gotten into everybody's head but Reina is the best keeper in the league, would rather have him than any other keeper.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2283 on: January 3, 2012, 11:11:02 pm »
xavi valero was an excellent coach and id take him back in a heartbeat

it wasnt just his goalkeeping coaching, he was actually a big help to torres as he often provided information on other keeeprs movements
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline GoodStuff

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2284 on: January 3, 2012, 11:14:11 pm »
Reina, for his extremely high standards, is having a very poor season. THe few goals we have let in this season i feel he could have done better with. And to be honest he doesn't deserve to go to be second choice for Spain on CURRENT FORM. As a GK defo but right now somethings not right. But he'll be back.

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #2285 on: January 3, 2012, 11:14:27 pm »
Unfortunate positioning for their first. Believe they scored three though, right?

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2286 on: January 3, 2012, 11:15:50 pm »
It seems to be a major offence on here to direct any sort of criticism towards Reina, but let's be honest he's not having a very good season at all by his standards.
I still wouldn't swap him for any 'keeper in the league as every player has their poor runs of form, but he's probably made more errors this season than he has in the last three or four combined and hopefully he'll be back to his best sooner rather than later.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2287 on: January 3, 2012, 11:16:23 pm »
Reina is the least of our worries.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2288 on: January 3, 2012, 11:18:00 pm »
The point is no one will be more upset than Pepe himself, I have total faith that he will put these mistakes behind him, and find his usual form. At times like these, it wouldn't do people any harm remembering that the guy is a human, mistakes are a fact of life. I remember Ray Clemence having a similar run, at the end of the day I still say he has saved us more times this season then cost us points .
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #2289 on: January 3, 2012, 11:19:03 pm »

can everyone just copy and paste this....

Offline lfc786

• Kopite
« Reply #2290 on: January 3, 2012, 11:21:46 pm »
still love him

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2291 on: January 3, 2012, 11:24:13 pm »
His worse season so far?
Still nowhere near to being a problem.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2292 on: January 3, 2012, 11:24:36 pm »
The way that ball dips is unreal.  I think it must have taken the slightest flick off of Agger.  Can't blame Pepe, just very unlucky.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2293 on: January 3, 2012, 11:26:40 pm »
Wait a minute... prior to todays match we had the meanest defence and yet Pepe concede 3 (one of which was a pen) and suddenly he's poor.

Oh and have people forgotten the amazing save from the corner just before the second goal?

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2294 on: January 3, 2012, 11:27:26 pm »
Hows it that Pepe can be blamed for making a super save from Kompany from the corner and then the defence letting Toure to the near post again immediately after?
Same olde thing from the Manchester City goal at Anfield
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2295 on: January 3, 2012, 11:28:13 pm »

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2296 on: January 3, 2012, 11:28:56 pm »
Some of you lot will be eating your words if he left. He made a blunder with the first goal, but it's down to Kuyt to stop f**king about with the ball in the first place.

We better get Champs League or I can see Pepe leaving us in the summer. You guys won't be thinking he's poor then.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2297 on: January 3, 2012, 11:42:10 pm »

In a nutshell, an error tonight (and a couple for the season) but still for my money the best keeper in the league and one of the best in the world.
He has a lot of added responsibility this season, and yes, is playing within himself.
But there are far greater concerns for Liverpool FC at this moment in time and he will save us twice, three even four times the number of points he will cost us.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #2298 on: January 3, 2012, 11:42:55 pm »
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline redhokie8

• Kopite
« Reply #2299 on: January 3, 2012, 11:43:44 pm »
The first goal was a combination of things; kuyt losing the ball in a poor position, agger not closing down aguero, and reina misjudging the flight of the ball. If you dive you gotta catch it or parry it. I thought he should just moved his feet and gotten his body behind the ball, he probably didnt need to dive. Think he could've done a bit better on the 2nd too to be honest. Still a great goalkeeper, think if the team starts doing better then he will too. Kinda difficult knowing if you let the ball in the back of the net youre probably gunna draw or lose.

Offline Forman

• Main Stander
« Reply #2300 on: January 3, 2012, 11:44:17 pm »
For every one mistake he makes, he will make twenty game saving stops.

Move on!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2301 on: January 3, 2012, 11:44:57 pm »
Honestly he is allowed the odd mistake given how good he is, would you rather the United lad?

I do think though he should come out for corners rather than stay on his line but that maybe the way we defend.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2302 on: January 3, 2012, 11:46:15 pm »
Its his concentration that is letting him down at the moment, and maybe taking the captaincy off him and letting him focus on his own game will help him.

I also think he hasn't looked the same since losing Xavi Valero as his coach.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #2303 on: January 3, 2012, 11:46:50 pm »
So he had a bad game since... well I can't actually remember. Pepe is class, get a grip and move on
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2304 on: January 3, 2012, 11:47:09 pm »
Let's face it, by his own high standards he's having a shitter of a season.  However his shit season is still better than the best season of 90% of the keepers in the league.

That would be fair to say.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2305 on: January 3, 2012, 11:47:37 pm »
Still world class, every keeper makes mistakes.

Just a shame it happened in a game we needed to make it till at least HT with a clean sheet if we were to get anything.

Offline CharlieAdamsLeftFoot

• has gone to Stoke with his right foot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What you achieve in life, echoes an eternity.
« Reply #2306 on: January 3, 2012, 06:42:18 pm »
How can anyone criticise Pepe. He is by far the most consistent GK in the PL. I wouldn't swap him for anyone. People are up Joe Hart's arse but thats only because he is playing for Man. City who are top of the league. His distribution is better than most outfield players. I think he should start taking the corners! One thing i don't get is he came to us with an outstanding penalty saving record and built on that in Cardiff especially. That part of his game seems to have slipped a bit over the last few years. Now I know a lot of it must be instinct but apparently before games, the keepers are shown all penalty takers and where they like to place them. I just wonder if he is being mismanaged by the coaching staff in this regard. One to ponder I think.
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #2307 on: January 4, 2012, 12:02:50 am »
Still world class, every keeper makes mistakes.

Close Thread..
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline kneeys

• We know the TRUTH,now give them JUSTICE.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Around long enough to know better...
« Reply #2308 on: January 4, 2012, 12:10:19 am »
Is right.
The s*n so full of shit you could not even use it to wipe your arse

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #2309 on: January 4, 2012, 12:27:32 am »
I'm sure he'd be the first one to say how disappointed he was with himself for that first goal. Heck, his reaction said it all and I felt bad for him. Top guy, top keeper who had one bad night. That's all.

Offline JM10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2310 on: January 4, 2012, 12:29:04 am »
He's a super keeper but I can't be the only one that thinks that the captains armband has led to some poor performances and mistakes from him. I genuinely think that it is affecting his normal level. Superb keeper but definitely struggling a bit this season, will hopefully wake up soon as we need him to be on top form.
Twitter

Betfair referral code: 7X3XLFRPH

Offline kagij

• Main Stander
« Reply #2311 on: January 4, 2012, 12:33:23 am »
Let's face it, by his own high standards he's having a shitter of a season.  However his shit season is still better than the best season of 90% of the keepers in the league.
I think that sums it up pretty well. I can only think of three 'keepers in this league who you could make an argument are better than Reina (all of them are debatable too), but Reina is performing below expecatations using the incredibly high standards he has set for himself in recent years as said expectations.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #2312 on: January 4, 2012, 12:44:09 am »
Reina is on a poor run, yes, but that man has attributes that no other keeper in the world has, do people forget his sweeping ability's in the last City game? Going beyond the call of duty.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #2313 on: January 4, 2012, 12:54:17 am »
Can't believe this thread.  Has it been hacked by a load of Mancs or something?!!!

The guy is joint best keeper in the league with Hart.  Better than ALL the others.

If the other end of the team was doing their business then nobody would have noticed Pepe at all.

Fucking hope the lad doesn't read this forum.  The whoppers on here at times (and the .tv phone-ins with Claire) ... fuking does my head in, fickle bastard fans these days!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2314 on: January 4, 2012, 01:06:21 am »
This thread reminds me of a Xabi Alonso thread from a few years back, you know when he was apparently 'shite'. Maybe by his own incredibly high standards, but he still made us a better team, were among our 3 best players, and we were lucky to have him. It's the same with Reina. I don't even think his performances have dropped that much, only slightly. He's still an excellent 'keeper, one I hope stays for atleast another 10 years.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #2315 on: January 4, 2012, 02:03:15 am »
Seriously.... 5-6 years of good, consistent top class performances for us and we haven't include the off-the-field leadership and just because of a few blips here and there, we should replace him....

Sheesh....

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2316 on: January 4, 2012, 02:05:22 am »
Can we shoot him now?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline thecrouch

• Main Stander
« Reply #2317 on: January 4, 2012, 02:06:03 am »
One of our best players.

To sell him would be farcical. There are no realistic goalkeeping targets I would swap him for.

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #2318 on: January 4, 2012, 02:09:44 am »
I've actually read a post saying trade him for Vorm as Dutch keepers last longer than normal ones.
Cringe

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #2319 on: January 4, 2012, 02:10:23 am »
Can we shoot him now?

That'll be Chekski...